Shine In The Dark- First Single from Eternal (Review)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Texidor
Shine In The Dark- First Single from Eternal (Review)

Post by Texidor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:26 pm

I am sure that some have read this in another thread but this single deserves its own! For those who have listened and have yet to.......and Go!

I have now listened to it liike 5 times and just taking it in.
SHINE ON!

Texidor

Re: Shine In The Dark- First Single from Eternal (Review)

Post by Texidor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:30 pm

They took what made Nemesis so acclaimed and brought it together with a definite nod to singles like "HHaL", "SOS", and "Darkest Hours"..... The pre-chorus and chorus are lyrically and musically beautiful, the solo is short but enough Strato wizardry, and what I love most about this songs is how the melody blends in so well with the heavy and thick rhythm guitar.

Perfection!
SHINE ON!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 pm

I really, really, REALLY like it! They made great use of TK's range these days. Love the quite low vocals in the verses and then still some high notes in the chorus!

Only point if there is any is that this really needs the choir on a backing track during live performances. No way Lauri and Matias are able to back TK in this song and make it sound as epic as the studio version does.

Love it.

*trots off for some more listens*

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:50 am

Looks like the link was taken down...... well there goes a chance to listen a few hundred more times LOL :lol:
SHINE ON!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:58 am

Anybody hear this again? :D

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 am

No.... It was like it played for one day, then nothing! Ear music needs to at least give us the single by now or at least a release date for it!
SHINE ON!

Febo

Post by Febo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 pm

robocop656 wrote:Anybody hear this again? :D
Not that it is the same as the studio version, but here's a small piece of Shine in the Dark, played in Spain this week while the guys (Timo & Jens) promote Eternal :)

https://www.facebook.com/LoremetaL/vide ... 004521101/

Elz

Post by Elz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Hey guys, just found the full song the hard way, but you can hear it here:) http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/el-v ... 5/3204918/

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 pm

At 5:50. :)

fuck

Post by fuck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for the links guys! :D :P :P :D

Febo

Post by Febo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 pm

jam wrote:
rikkertje wrote:I really, really, REALLY like it! They made great use of TK's range these days. Love the quite low vocals in the verses and then still some high notes in the chorus!

Only point if there is any is that this really needs the choir on a backing track during live performances. No way Lauri and Matias are able to back TK in this song and make it sound as epic as the studio version does.

Love it.

sorry, your idol lost a lot his voice. Never will back to the glory's Timo Tolkki

one friend says: Actually, the best world wide singer is south american.
Wrong. It's so much more pleasant to hear Koti's singing nowadays than back in time, when he was forced to sing tunes like Find Your Own Voice and Learning to Fly... songs not many singers -if there's one- would consider a pleasure to sing.

Koti 2015 kicks ass and has reinvented himself throughtout his career, so... keep your hate for yourself and watch how Strato manages to go on enchanting the critics without Tolkki.

It's already about time for everybody to get over it.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 pm

My god. I'm loving it. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :P

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Febo wrote:
jam wrote:
rikkertje wrote:I really, really, REALLY like it! They made great use of TK's range these days. Love the quite low vocals in the verses and then still some high notes in the chorus!

Love it.

sorry, your idol lost a lot his voice. Never will back to the glory's Timo Tolkki

Wrong. It's so much more pleasant to hear Koti's singing nowadays than back in time, when he was forced to sing tunes like Find Your Own Voice and Learning to Fly... songs not many singers -if there's one- would consider a pleasure to sing.

Koti 2015 kicks ass and has reinvented himself throughtout his career, so... keep your hate for yourself and watch how Strato manages to go on enchanting the critics without Tolkki.

Agree! It's so nice that now TK can decide for himself when to sing high. Not being forced to sing those high wails all the time.

On the other hand I do kind of agree with jam (yes I know, it hurts to admit that). But that's only on TK's voice live. I do feel he has gotten worse love over the years. Of course one gets older, but studio TK and live TK seem to be two different people sometimes.

Well we'll see. My ticket for the November show in The Netherlands is here so I'm ready! :D

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:13 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Febo wrote:
jam wrote:

Love it.

Agree! It's so nice that now TK can decide for himself when to sing high. Not being forced to sing those high wails all the time.

On the other hand I do kind of agree with jam (yes I know, it hurts to admit that). But that's only on TK's voice live. I do feel he has gotten worse love over the years. Of course one gets older, but studio TK and live TK seem to be two different people sometimes.

Well we'll see. My ticket for the November show in The Netherlands is here so I'm ready! :D
See you at the Effenaar then :D
Koti will do fine throughout this tour. He's still got it.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:50 pm

I hope so! :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:50 pm

rikkertje wrote:On the other hand I do kind of agree with jam (yes I know, it hurts to admit that). But that's only on TK's voice live. I do feel he has gotten worse love over the years. Of course one gets older, but studio TK and live TK seem to be two different people sometimes.
How much of that is based off youtube videos vs. actually seeing him in concert though?
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:34 am

I miss hearing TK hit those high notes like in Visions, but to be fair, even the toughest vocal chords would only be able to handle singing that high that often for so long. Plus, it's nice to hear some lower notes. Wailing all the time gets old.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:20 am

Rebel wrote:
rikkertje wrote:On the other hand I do kind of agree with jam (yes I know, it hurts to admit that). But that's only on TK's voice live. I do feel he has gotten worse love over the years. Of course one gets older, but studio TK and live TK seem to be two different people sometimes.
How much of that is based off youtube videos vs. actually seeing him in concert though?
Not. I saw them live many times over the years. It's not that he has become a bad singer. Not at all. His chest voice range just diminished, which is a logical thing when getting older. But with that I find his falsetto not so good these days. In my opinion it sounds weak.

That's why I'm happy with his vocal freedom these days! He makes much better use of his range! :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:13 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Not. I saw them live many times over the years. It's not that he has become a bad singer. Not at all. His chest voice range just diminished, which is a logical thing when getting older. But with that I find his falsetto not so good these days. In my opinion it sounds weak.

That's why I'm happy with his vocal freedom these days! He makes much better use of his range! :D
I'm just curious, because I've seen him live twice, 2009 and 2015, and both times I came away feeling good about Kotipelto's vocal performance, especially 2015. I actually have the exact bootleg of the 2009 concert I saw, and when I listen to that, his voice sounds, "weak", but EVERYTHING sound weak. Guitars, drums, ect... and youtube is the same. For somewhat obvious reasons, a single point, off center bootleg recording onto a voice not entirely intended for creating mixed music will make a lot of clashing, and most of your good tones are just gone. It's especially obvious on the vocals. So I went into the 2015 show with the same mindset, and even being myself off center (Standing on the stage basically behind Jens to the extreme right. Without any of our knowledge my friend had bribed a guard to get us to the front) his voice was actually projected very well, and seemed strong at pretty much every part of Visions except the title track's huge scream. Admittedly that part was a shame, but by then, you'd spent about 55 minutes just being totally floored by how good he sounded, how much energy he had on stage. It was great. Even past Visions he was outstanding on the last 4-5 songs of the night.

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:16 am

This song sounds two hundred percent Jani Liimatainen

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:01 am

valo_666 wrote:This song sounds two hundred percent Jani Liimatainen
The vocal melodies and production sound like they are straight from the new Cain's Offering album :D

I can't say that's a bad thing though.

Elz

Post by Elz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:23 am

I met jani at bar few weeks ago and he told that its his and timos song :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Elz wrote:I met jani at bar few weeks ago and he told that its his and timos song :D
I heard the same thing from Jens

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:34 am

The song is great!

But I hope the album to be darker.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

fuck

Post by fuck » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:05 am

I agree! The song needs more spooky skeletons.

jam

Post by jam » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:43 pm

The album need more fuck penises shouting HOOO FUCK HOOO FUCK!!! and one prostitutes moamns maybe....

you can take of ones homo fans and buddies, they are master in fag cries. :lol:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:29 pm

He's gone from insulting stratovarius to suggesting they add orgasm sounds to their music. Interesting, not sure which is more entertaining.

Anyways, back on topic, I enjoy the sound of the song but I hope the album has some more mysterious or dark sounds, like in the Nemesis album.

jam

Post by jam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 am

maybe chinese kids talking stupid stuff with banned persons.

shit.... this is to much for me.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:23 am

jam wrote:maybe chinese kids talking stupid stuff with banned persons.

shit.... this is to much for me.
If it's too much for you, then leave. Or at least go to the Community For Other Languages section of the forum. At least there they'll understand what you're saying.