Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Pancio
Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:37 pm

IMG_20201209_175625.jpg
Meanwhile Stato-guys landed in my city (don't mind the weather, it's always like this at 4 P.M. during winter)

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Pancio, where’s the pelican?? :D

Some new Tolkki bullshit. He also got new tattoos on his hands.
Want to guess what it is? :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:50 am

Infinite Visions - Infinite Visions (crowdfunding version)

Thoughts? Tolkki looked bored as fuck in this video. :lol: Yet another Tolkki song with a canon chord progression for the chorus... It couldn't be more generic if he tried. Once again, Tolkki's solo sounded sloppy & out of place while the rest of the band sounded miles beyond him, technically. What else is there really to say here? Same story, different song. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:43 am

It seems that the album will never be released as crowdfunding is far from reaching the goal.
What can I say except I'm happy? Three songs out and three pieces of garbage so far :lol:

Too bad for the other members, they're good and they deserve better :(

Edit: the song reminds me of the chorus from "Madness Strikes at Midnight" mixed with the ballad part of "Destiny" and the solo is so out of context that I laughed whilelistened to it.
The song itself is so uninspired and predictable I basically fully played along while listening to it the first time :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:15 pm
Pancio, where’s the pelican?? :D

Some new Tolkki bullshit. He also got new tattoos on his hands.
Want to guess what it is? :lol:
The pelican probably died due to the pollution of the Po Valley, which is why it is not in the photo :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:31 am

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm

I like Tolkki's Canon-based song writing. That song was catchy, though the solo was terrible and had no melody. Maybe Tolkki could recruit a lead guitarist or try something slower with a bit more focus?

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:24 pm

warrencurrymetal wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm
I like Tolkki's Canon-based song writing. That song was catchy, though the solo was terrible and had no melody. Maybe Tolkki could recruit a lead guitarist or try something slower with a bit more focus?
No. We don't compliment tolkki here. >=(

He just magically got a new place after the fundraiser was done. :lol: "you will be refunded" lmao!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:39 pm

Other more that is pro tolkki!! WAREEN CURRY AND OSLAMPH16 OR i WRITE SIMILAR HIS NAME!! !! >=(

PANCIO!!! ACTIVATE YOUR ITALIAN ATTACK!! MORE INTRUDERS!! >=(

ok, i'm producing timo tolkki songs.... was fun have a bipolar disorder for a moment :err: :lol:

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:11 am

Holy shit everyone! Tolkki writes a catchy song with a shitty solo, give him a pass! Cheers flavio!, keep doing what you're doing

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:20 am

Also going to add, dont know if I would trust a tolki fundraiser, may lose a child. That said, I do miss his bipolar songcraft. He is a genius.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:20 am

warrencurrymetal wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:20 am
Also going to add, dont know if I would trust a tolki fundraiser, may lose a child. That said, I do miss his bipolar songcraft. He is a genius.
How does a guy like you have kids and a wife?? :lol:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:26 pm

I'm surprised that Timo doesn't see this type of stuff coming, also, "I'll contact them shortly" ...why the hell drop names like that if you haven't contacted them before making this low key announcement...my god.
robocop wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:31 am
A9

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 am

Vidi, Veni

Also I will soon release a double CD + sex tape with Stratomembers but they have not responded to my emails yet

Will Union Magnetic bear any resemblance to the Metallica album with a similar name?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:32 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 am
Vidi, Veni

Also I will soon release a double CD + sex tape with Stratomembers but they have not responded to my emails yet

Will Union Magnetic bear any resemblance to the Metallica album with a similar name?
show to they your dick in discord, maybe they will got a huge surprize and accept the invitation :err:

if you see a rain of stratomembers falling againt you with the asss, is why they like it your..... :err:

sorry, mr bean!! I'M An EDUCATED KIDDO!! STOP TO PUT DIRTY STUFFF IN MY PURE MIND!! >=(

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:32 am
SentineLEX wrote:
Vidi, Veni

show to they your dick in discord, maybe they will got a huge surprize and accept the invitation :err:

if you see a rain of stratomembers falling againt you with the asss, is why they like it your..... :err:

sorry, mr bean!! I'M An EDUCATED KIDDO!! STOP TO PUT DIRTY STUFFF IN MY PURE MIND!! >=(
Dear Flavio,

Can you shut the fuck up? I'm creating music for you, mere and useless rotten meat sack.

Thanks.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 pm
Motha-faka wrote:
SentineLEX wrote:
Vidi, Veni

Dear Flavio,

Can you shut the fuck up? I'm creating music for you, mere and useless rotten meat sack.

Thanks.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:26 pm
I'm surprised that Timo doesn't see this type of stuff coming, also, "I'll contact them shortly" ...why the hell drop names like that if you haven't contacted them before making this low key announcement...my god.
robocop wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:31 am
Tolkki knew very well how it would end, all he did was advertising at no cost. Nothing more than this.

Where is Avalon Pt. 4? Where are all the records he promised? So far he has done nothing but create hype announcing guests who will never attend, hoping to keep the attention alive around his name.
He is a desperate braggart looking for attention.
There will never be any album because he has made scorched earth around him and neither the record companies nor the professionals trust him.

His career is over and he knows it very well: sad but predictable since his musical efforts during the last 13 years oscillate between mediocre and obscene

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Dear Mr. Ontivero,

That's right! You tell him, Mr. Ontivero! Pure of heart & pure of brain; the Ontivero way! :D

Yours truly,
Zenith :luv1:

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Well Tolkki should slow down a bit and take it easy with such announcements and stuff. I've liked most of his stuff after Stratovarius (still far from golden days of Strato, but there's many reasons for that, not just Tolkki) and hope he can keep up making music for long, but he got to get shit together. I hope he can.
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 am

Enjoy! ( I guess!)

Unfortunately, as Infinite Visions did not meet it's crowdfunding goal there will be no album and the band will not continue. As a farewell to the fans, Infinite Visions are posting the five songs that were recorded for their demo, including two unreleased songs, "Dangerous" and "Voice Of Tomorrow" (Erik Kraemer pre-production vocal demo). Some "bonus tracks" are also included: the keyboard demo by Jimmy Pitts for "Dangerous" and the unmixed drum tracks by Pawel Jaroszewicz for "Voice Of Tomorrow".
A9

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 am

really this looks like the old stratovarius times.... ok, i like the new stratovarius but the old one too.

we can't said that is bad the demo....

sonata black is like elements albums.... i like it the speed metal, maybe the new stratovarius can try with speed metal too....

really this can be a good album for stratovarius, but sadly that is impossible.

I discover one stuff. Rolf Pilve is not so speed like jorg michael, i compare live shows and jorg was a speed machine and all go with more power, rolf looks like a turtle to jorg side and this drummer of the tolkki demo, rememberme the old times of stratovarius about speed, the sound is the same for the drums samples. :roll:

sadly, can you image stratovarius with two guitarist?, ok, is a fucking dream but can be the locomotive of the powermetal more that old times and more that now. :err:

only that timo tolkki, apart of this metal health, maybe he dont will support a free collavorative about compositions :~(

Edit, Voice of tomorrow, is in part a fucking copy to "Father time" LOL

Legions, 90's jorg Michael

legions 2014 rolf Pilve

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am

You are right as always. Jorg was a very special and unique drummer that really left his footprint on the band. I suppose it was not just his style but the way drums were recorded and produced in the classic albums.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:52 pm

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:47 pm
Well Tolkki should slow down a bit and take it easy with such announcements and stuff. I've liked most of his stuff after Stratovarius (still far from golden days of Strato, but there's many reasons for that, not just Tolkki) and hope he can keep up making music for long, but he got to get shit together. I hope he can.
Surely he should slow down a lot: his latest works are not even decent, imho.
From that demo songs we can clearly hear a lot of problems already there since Symfonia: generical and recycled ideas, sloppy playing and random soloing and we all knows why.
Tokki is making music for money only, it's a duty and not a pleasure, he is not inspired at all but he pretend to be so and the results are before our eyes: he is burned out and a lot of his problems and a lot of his lies, scams and bullshit are taking their toll.
His credibility is almost zero within pros and labels, and will decrease even further within fans if he won't stop all these fake announcements full of guests.

The truth is: he needs to be far from social networks and to find out for a job while taking his time to compose, but it won't happen.
Lies can consume your life and, for every lies, the hole grows bigger and bigger until the point of no return and I'm quite sure he reached it in the past two years.

I hope for a "redemption" but I'm really discouraged.

adrian9 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 am
Enjoy! ( I guess!)

Unfortunately, as Infinite Visions did not meet it's crowdfunding goal there will be no album and the band will not continue. As a farewell to the fans, Infinite Visions are posting the five songs that were recorded for their demo, including two unreleased songs, "Dangerous" and "Voice Of Tomorrow" (Erik Kraemer pre-production vocal demo). Some "bonus tracks" are also included: the keyboard demo by Jimmy Pitts for "Dangerous" and the unmixed drum tracks by Pawel Jaroszewicz for "Voice Of Tomorrow".
Mmm, as already mentioned in the Discord server yesterday you can clearly hear Father Time, Tomorrow and Eagle Fly Free in Voice of Tomorrow (and Flavio did the same with Father Time).
I don't like the other songs at all but the drummer is a beast tho.

Motha-faka wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 am
really this looks like the old stratovarius times.... ok, i like the new stratovarius but the old one too.

we can't said that is bad the demo....

sonata black is like elements albums.... i like it the speed metal, maybe the new stratovarius can try with speed metal too....

really this can be a good album for stratovarius, but sadly that is impossible.

I discover one stuff. Rolf Pilve is not so speed like jorg michael, i compare live shows and jorg was a speed machine and all go with more power, rolf looks like a turtle to jorg side and this drummer of the tolkki demo, rememberme the old times of stratovarius about speed, the sound is the same for the drums samples. :roll:

sadly, can you image stratovarius with two guitarist?, ok, is a fucking dream but can be the locomotive of the powermetal more that old times and more that now. :err:

only that timo tolkki, apart of this metal health, maybe he dont will support a free collavorative about compositions :~(

Edit, Voice of tomorrow, is in part a fucking copy to "Father time" LOL

Legions, 90's jorg Michael

legions 2014 rolf Pilve

Don't know, the songs in the demo are actually a cheap copy/paste of the same old riff and I can't see any point in listening to cheap versions of masterpieces like Eagle Fly Free or Father Time.
On top of that Tolkki's playing is horrible and completely out of context during the solos.
This is, by far, the weakest music Tolkki composed since 2008 along with Chaos Magic and the only worst attempt at playing is on Avalon Pt. 2.

So I highly doubt that this demo would be desirable from a band like Stratovarius.
Of course, according to the average Stratovarius fan they should always play the usual four songs and always compose sings at 180 bpm with the same progression and the same melody.
Then you find yourself with Learning to Fly, which is a plagiarism of Helloween's March of Time (I prefer LtF, actually).

About Jörg faster than Rolf you should watch Wintersun liveshows with Rolf.
I love Michael but technical-wise he is/was far below Rolf since they're different drummers from different eras.
In my opinion Rolf is a good choice for the direction the band has nowadays while maintaining the right attitude for the older songs.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:59 pm

ok, i will check winter sun, i dont know the band ???

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 am
Not really, only if they had too much moneys and had rhythm guitarist for live gigs. Stratovarius is such a band that really has world class musicians and all of them get to shine with solos and shit. Can't think of many, if any bassists like Lauri in power metal bands, also I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain anybody how prominent musician Jens is among keyboardists that play in metal bands.

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:52 pm
Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:47 pm
Surely he should slow down a lot: his latest works are not even decent, imho.
From that demo songs we can clearly hear a lot of problems already there since Symfonia: generical and recycled ideas, sloppy playing and random soloing and we all knows why.
Tokki is making music for money only, it's a duty and not a pleasure, he is not inspired at all but he pretend to be so and the results are before our eyes: he is burned out and a lot of his problems and a lot of his lies, scams and bullshit are taking their toll.
Not really saying they are great either - I just don't find them bad. But do they offer something new? Here I gotta agree, there's way too much recycling. Parts in songs that are like exactly from some older songs. I would say this is to some extent a problem in the whole subgenre of power metal (Tolkki might have taken it to another level tho), bands should experiment more. Back in the day I listened to mostly power metal, now weird mix of different genres. I still think highest chances for me to find song listenable is to pick any generic power metal song. I mean if you would pick random generic song from some genre...

Anyways how I see it, Tolkki could still compose something great. But he can't if he spends 10 minutes for each song (referring to the fact he often has said he can make a song in 10 or 15 minutes). Sure, 90's Strato was such a dream team and although I would say Tolkki gave it the soul, all band members put in huge effort. No, not saying there should be reunion. Wouldn't be against it either tho.

I guess financial side has its big part in rushing things - more and more each days. Mistakes of the past won't help in that one. Not to mention how shitty music business really is these days
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:20 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 am
Enjoy! ( I guess!)

Classical Variations and Themes II 2: Credo Harder

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:33 am

Goddamn famous people!! :lol:

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:33 am

Goddamn famous people!! :lol:

It's always someone else's fault: the interviews took place during a bad day and not because he is a failed musician and alcoholic who seeks scandal with questionable claims in order to get people talking; people are bad because they simply tell the truth about his failed projects which have been inconclusive for over 10 years; the money is not important but he still has to brag about the sales (obviously inflated and untrue) of his albums; he must announce non-existent large-caliber projects which, at the end of the day, will turn out to be the "usual soup" of recycled and stolen clichés and ideas.

My confidence in his possible recovery has long since vanished but this is therapeutic obstinacy :lol:

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:29 am

>My 2 solo albums
Even Tolkki regrets Saana