Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ZenithMC
Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Fri May 29, 2020 6:21 am

Pancio wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:52 am
This time he called me Mr. Negativity only because he was trying to sell a 15 watts amp as 45 watts and I corrected him
Perhaps Tolkki's ego got in the way of his judgement and was too embarrassed to admit his mistake? It seems like he wants to be perceived as infallible. I'm guilty of this too, in some ways, but Tolkki is on another level.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 am
For example, apparently Stratovarius is one of Daniel Radcliffe's favorite bands (the guy who plays Harry Potter).
LMAO! :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 am
Pancio wrote:
The dude seems afraid of direct feedbacks and the possibility to lose the edge on his fans but he does not consider the drawback of his behavior and that his marketing strategy is a little bit silly and amateurish 🤔
:lol: :lol: :lol: That whole story was too funny. And some other guy chimes in "Matias Gutierrez Timo, block this idiot" :lol:

Are you comfortable using your real identity to have these "heated" exchanges online? Even though actual risk is low, I would prefer anonymity in your shoes.

On the latest podcast with Wayne Noon on Saana, Wayne does dismiss the album as unnecessary crap, and Tolkki took it more or less OK. He seems pretty mild mannered and humble in person, but online seems a bit "out there".

I highly recommend the Saana podcast, by the way. He talks about a lot of interesting things, Frontiers records, the songwriting (or lack thereof) of Avalon Pt 3, other funny gossip items that are of general interest here. For example, apparently Stratovarius is one of Daniel Radcliffe's favorite bands (the guy who plays Harry Potter).

He also deleted my replies as well, on his personal profile he act like he is part of a child gang: you have a different opinion or you dare to say something different from: "Please, Timo, give me your WhatsApp number and I'll give you my money, my wife and my house"? You're an asshole.
Weird since he is, like you said, more humble in person and doesn't act like a stupid egotist rockstar (at least while sober). :roll:

About my real identity, well, I don't mind to use it: I always try to be polite and I don't act like an asshole, I always try to reason and contribute positively.
I am not even one of those guys who respond badly if provoked although I do not have problems in saying what I think, in a calm way, as I did yesterday.
Unfortunately it is not possible when it comes to Timo Tolkki, the dude is far too busy checking that his fans step in line that anything beyond his control, and his plan to appear a guru, is eradicated by him.
But I'm done, surely I can create another fake profile to stalk him as he did with me back in 2010, but he's boring and his fans are worse: "You should block this idiot!". Yeah, I'm so guilty, I dared to correct the wattage! Damn, censoring people is very democratic and fair, holiness at its peak for sure :lol:

As for the amplifier, I doubt it is an error, I think he deliberately tried to sell it as 45 watts. Otherwise it would have changed the description of the product and, before he blocked me, it was still on sale as 45 watts: the MG15DC is a 90 euro amplifier so he tried to make as much money as possible by selling it as a more powerful model.
And keep in mind that it never sets a starting price or starts a public auction, he deals directly and privately with fans via email.

I think it's funny but also sad (bittersweet, quoting Tolkki) to know that a musician you admire has become a mere shadow of himself: unable to play or compose anything good, homeless, always drunk, bitter, unreasonable and dishonest towards his fans (I'm not talking about me, of course, but about the stolen book, guitar and other goofy actions). Still I'm enjoying the events so far and, since everyday something new happen, it feels like a real life trash teen drama, better than Netflix for sure :lol:

Harry Potter is a fan of Stratovarius? Phew, at least he is not Robert Pattinson :err:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Pancio wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm
Still I'm enjoying the events so far and, since everyday something new happen, it feels like a real life trash teen drama, better than Netflix for sure :lol:
Its been like that for a long time now. :lol:
And keep in mind that it never sets a starting price or starts a public auction, he deals directly and privately with fans via email.
Would not be surprised if multiple people pay him with the promise of the same amplifier. And maybe neither of them receive it. :lol:

He has stated in the past that he had to leave Finland because his debts were so bad. Now we can see how it happens.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat May 30, 2020 5:11 am

If any of you want updates, I can supply. :lol: He didn’t block me but did delete me from his friends. All there is posted public is the amp still. Saying the amp is still available and to email him. I have to give him some credit..he may be the top drama person but he did send me an email when I asked only one time to know the drum production details of Infinity on how they made them sound so huge.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat May 30, 2020 2:55 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 pm
Pancio wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm
Still I'm enjoying the events so far and, since everyday something new happen, it feels like a real life trash teen drama, better than Netflix for sure :lol:
Its been like that for a long time now. :lol:

Would not be surprised if multiple people pay him with the promise of the same amplifier. And maybe neither of them receive it. :lol:

He has stated in the past that he had to leave Finland because his debts were so bad. Now we can see how it happens.
Ahahah, yes, since 2004.
But, nowadays, we have Facebook and all the social networks and it's easier to gather informations about his drama since he discovered the fabulous world of cheap "self-promotion". Priceless.
On top of that it seems that Tolkki has also tore down his skills in music and stunts at the same time: everything seems pretty bumbling and dull.

And, of course, many things are unclear on his: "Please buy this cheap shit signed by me", I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to sell the same product multiple times during past two years (there were tons of musician asking news about songs they gave him to mix/produce but never mixed/produced at all even if partly paid in advance).
And yes, I read an interview from Dominika: She said that Timo basically ignored payments for months in order to buy alcohol and other useless thing but she wasn't aware of that :roll:
The debts is/was 6000 euros, which is not that high for someone who has a stable work and an average income but it seems that our dear Timo is too noble to start a "peasant job" even tho his musical projects aren't profitable anymore :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Pancio wrote:
This time he called me Mr. Negativity
Hey, at least he didn't call you Mr. Mean. :roll: :lol:
Pancio wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:55 pm
I read an interview from Dominika: She said that Timo basically ignored payments for months in order to buy alcohol and other useless thing but she wasn't aware of that :roll: :lol:
God damn... :shake: The last thing I would do is pay Tolkki to work on something for me. He's one of the most irresponsible people I know of.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun May 31, 2020 12:21 am

Got some updates he posted. Here is one to get us started. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:34 am

Song clip of infinite visions on the bottom of new webpage:

https://infinitevisionsband.com/

(Ok, it’s his old song, my bad.)

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:10 am

robocop wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:34 am
Song clip of infinite visions on the bottom of new webpage:

https://infinitevisionsband.com/

(Ok, it’s his old song, my bad.)
So, they are going to re-record Fire Dance Suite from CVAT... I can't wait to see how they screw up the production. :-|

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Little updates I was able to grab here and there:

1. Tolkki did an interview on "Rat Salad" with Jari Kainulainen who explained why he left/was fired from Stratovarius: basically Tolkki prevented him to bring his girlfriend to the "Stratovarius" release party (while they were shooting Maniac Dance video) but, at the same time, Tolkki invited random people to the party itself.
This pissed him off a lot and, along with the bullshit and stunts, convinced him to leave the band.

2. The "Infinite Visions" album could be released via crowdfunding with two demo-songs as a preview, at least based on Tolkki's plans (where is the Nuclear Blast deal? :lol:)

3. Avalon IV should be released on November 2020.

4. The drummer for Infinite Visions album is Pawel Jaroszewicz (sounds like a polish surname to me), an extreme metal drummer who auditioned for Stratovarius back in 2012 when Jörg left.

5. Tolkki now has two YouTube channel: one for random shit and one for guitar stuff (the first one is already full of random chat and the second is clearly empty).

6. Tolkki want to bring his music seminars back even tho they were shit.

7. One of my friends told me he posted a couple of depressed things on his account but I don't know what, I bet the same stuff: "Nobody care about me, oh God I'm depressed and blablabla".

8. Jari auditioned for King Diamond but joined Masterplan instead.

9. Tolkki want to re-record Fire Dance Suite, as written above. I'm curious about the reason why he chose an old song instead of the new material.

That's it for now, here's the link for the interview:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:48 pm

One little detail I noticed during the interview:

Around minute 47:30 Wayne asked Jari about the past and if he forgave Tolkki for everything that happened and Jari talked him that his feelings towards Tolkki is and was good since he never did anything to him personally, the problems arose between other members and Tolkki for lack of communications.
Meanwhile Tolkki clearly hinted that all the problems came from Kotipelto, using the words "certain person" and "short guy" while Jari underlined the lack of communication as the main problem.

Is Tolkki retarded? Yes, no doubt.
He want a reunion with his ex-bandmates and still he's ready to blame Kotipelto for everything after tons of posts in which he praised his "good old friend", "the best singer in power metal" and tons of photos with him and Kotipelto.
Oh, this is the best way to convince the band mates you betrayed and left after stunts and debts to play with you, for sure.

Also this is the second time I heard the sentence: "And you know what you did, Timo" from one of his ex-bandmates while referring to 2004/2008 period.
The first was Jörg and the second was Jari and in both cases Tolkki was silent with an empty smile on his face.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy is comedy gold.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 am

Pancio wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:48 pm
He want a reunion with his ex-bandmates and still he's ready to blame Kotipelto for everything after tons of posts in which he praised his "good old friend", "the best singer in power metal" and tons of photos with him and Kotipelto.
Oh, this is the best way to convince the band mates you betrayed and left after stunts and debts to play with you, for sure.
Yep, this is totally going to work out. *massive sigh* :drop:

Tolkki's instability is an egregious liability.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 am

Pancio wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:08 pm
4. The drummer for Infinite Visions album is Pawel Jaroszewicz (sounds like a polish surname to me), an extreme metal drummer who auditioned for Stratovarius back in 2012 when Jörg left.
What happened to Alex Holzwarth? He went on and on about him. Even on the Alex Holzwarth Facebook page he reposted he was playing for Infinite Visions. :cyclop: :spin2:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:17 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy is comedy gold.
Definitely, and when he finds out that his plan is nothing more than yet another failure, well ... There will be thunderous applause
ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 am
Pancio wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:48 pm
Yep, this is totally going to work out. *massive sigh* :drop:

Tolkki's instability is an egregious liability.
Yes, sir, even Heidi (Kainulainen) wasn't happy with Jari decision (and Jari briefly joked about that in the interview, even tho I'm sure his wife has some legitimate doubts about Infinite Visions)

Excellent rhyme, btw :lol:
robocop wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 am
Pancio wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:08 pm
What happened to Alex Holzwarth? He went on and on about him. Even on the Alex Holzwarth Facebook page he reposted he was playing for Infinite Visions. :cyclop: :spin2:
Or Vescera, Kotipelto, Pilve, Johansson and so on :lol:

Even the name "Infinite Visions" lacks credibility and originality, imagine the music that will come out of it: "Hey, we have: Paradise clone, Hunting High and Low clone, Black Diamond clone and shit like this in order to sell at least 20 copies of this album to our retarded Power Metal fans who wants the same songs over and over, again and again.
However, during the live shows in front of 15 people, we will play Stratovarius songs because no one wants a fucking shitty clone".

Now he wants also Michael Kiske, Russell Allen, Rob Rock, Elize Ryd and others on Avalon IV after he throwed shit on Frontiers Records.
Yeah, surely Frontiers will invest money in a project already paid (they gave him in advance, of course, and I bet he spent all the money in an already failed recording studio) and already dead made by an artist who explicitly called the label "a den of mobsters for money laundering".
What can go wrong?

However I don't know, if I were a publisher I would probably invest the necessary amount to guarantee the quality of the final product so that it can sell some copies instead of being a failure like Avalon II and III and then I'd get rid of Tolkki.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:05 pm

I remember watching Pawel's audition tape on Youtube while they were still searching for a drummer. The guy is good. And yeah he's Polish

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

The key to the universe is burgers. :)

I heard he’s going to move to India and wear a robe to start being a guru. =P

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:44 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

The key to the universe is burgers. :)

I heard he’s going to move to India and wear a robe to start being a guru. =P
Yes, sir, of course he will!
Just like Saana's Foundation and his music school for poor children.
Oh, but then he charges 150 dollars/hour for his scam lessons :lol:

Oh, and I'm in Burger King atm and I'm really happy so yes, key to the universe is burger

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:15 pm

:lol:
I got the pic from here:

https://www.timotolkki.net/

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Wow, three months of lockdown to create a WordPress site with an already written and customizable sample theme?
Wow, Tero must be a sort of wizard :shock:

I checked it and I noticed that Timo plans to organize another livestream after the failure of the previous one? Wow, he's brave!
I also wonder if he refunded the few tickets sold for the "professional HD studio streaming concert" planned for May (or April? Cannot recall) and never happened.

Anyway good luck for his projects, it's funny to see him struggle with his ego but, at the same time, it seems to me that he needs a lot of it to drag himself out of all the mud that he created for stupidity and, on minor extent, real problems.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:42 am

Another silly interview from Tolkki:

So:

- He gave the name "Sonata Arctica" to the band (can be, since the name itself came from a "friend" of the band, but I doubt).
- In his honest opinion Tony Kakko is a good performer but he sucks at lyrics (I don't like Sonata Arctica because of the lyrics so I can partly agree).
- In his humble opinion Tarja is a bitch (X2).
- Cabuli (Tarja's husband) scammed Stratovarius during Destiny tour selling tickets and printing merchandise without permission.
- Tolkki is friend with Holopainen and he believe that Tarja is a bitch based on his (Holopainen) opinions and palaver.
- Holopainen has a collection of Disney stuff (cannot understand the correlation between Tarja being a bitch, Holopainen's friendship and reason and Disney. Are Disney fans always right?).
- Tarot is a good band and Tolkki heard them during military service in the Finnish forest (strange since Tarot first album came out in '86 while Tolkki was 20, was already in Stratovarius and finnish conscription is mandatory at 18 years old. And yes, Marco Hietala is the same age as Tolkki).

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:02 pm

:lol:
I really want to photoshop his pics...
It seems as though I am beating a dead horse anymore. :lol:
It bugs me he has such heavy opinions on those bands, he is in no place right now to talk shit. :lol:
There was some tabloid I seen where it said he doesn’t get along with that Mexican girl and doesn’t have money to get a plane ticket to go anywhere else! :lol:
WHY does he always try to fuck girls who are like 40 years younger than him? Some kind of pedophile tendencies? :lol:

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 am

Pancio wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:42 am
- In his honest opinion Tony Kakko is a good performer but he sucks at lyrics (I don't like Sonata Arctica because of the lyrics so I can partly agree).
Big words coming from the guy who wrote "It strucked me like a million lightnings now here I am telling to you" while Tony had the decency to quote actual literature from time to time

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:13 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 am
Pancio wrote:
Big words coming from the guy who wrote "It strucked me like a million lightnings now here I am telling to you" while Tony had the decency to quote actual literature from time to time
Oh, absolutely! The irony...
Pancio wrote:
He gave the name "Sonata Arctica" to the band (can be, since the name itself came from a "friend" of the band, but I doubt).
This is absolutely hilarious! :lol: I really do find this hard to believe, as well. Why would he wait all this time to announce something like this out of the blue? It just seems like total bullshit to me.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:05 pm

*Monster truck rally voice*

THE MOST EXTREME EVENT OF THE SUMMER!!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:22 pm

summer? here is winter.... i have my ass under ICE..... :shud:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:22 pm
Really?? I never knew. It’s summer here from now till the end of September. I know Australia has the opposite as here too.

Are you going to watch Tolkki talk about burgers on his live stream??? Tune in and donate ramen noodles to the king in chief. Hey, so do you see the brand new pic of him there? :lol:

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Pancio wrote:
- Tarot is a good band and Tolkki heard them during military service in the Finnish forest (strange since Tarot first album came out in '86 while Tolkki was 20, was already in Stratovarius and finnish conscription is mandatory at 18 years old. And yes, Marco Hietala is the same age as Tolkki).
Here's nothing strange.

Yes, Finnish conscription is mandatory BUT the draft to service is at that year when you turn 18 and the service itself is at the later stage. Usually young guys go to the army between the ages 19-21 after they've finished their second degree studies - like Tolkki after high school.

There's also an option to choose civil service rather than defence forces. Marco Hietala is a civil servant as far as I've understood and you can't compare his tour of duty to to Tolkki's

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 pm

Raven wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:31 pm
Pancio wrote:
Here's nothing strange.

Yes, Finnish conscription is mandatory BUT the draft to service is at that year when you turn 18 and the service itself is at the later stage. Usually young guys go to the army between the ages 19-21 after they've finished their second degree studies - like Tolkki after high school.

There's also an option to choose civil service rather than defence forces. Marco Hietala is a civil servant as far as I've understood and you can't compare his tour of duty to to Tolkki's
You are telling me that something he said can be almost trustable? Good news!
I was joking, of course, I don't care about his mindless chats, he's funny and that's it.
On top of that he was drunk af and was simply parroting some old rumors about Tarja and Nightwish, like a sort of "Internet Explorer", while giving his opinions about other musicians (but it's not good, for your already drifrlting career, talking shit about colleagues, especially if you're not Blackmore, Dio or Malmsteen).

I still respect Tolkki's past, obviously, but I'd rather take the present himself as a living meme not questioning about his reliability instead of being one of his haters or one of his lobotomized fan.

Thanks for infos and corrections, tho, I was aware about draft but didn't know others intresting details at all! :)

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:09 pm

robocop wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:41 pm
Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:22 pm
Really?? I never knew. It’s summer here from now till the end of September. I know Australia has the opposite as here too.

Are you going to watch Tolkki talk about burgers on his live stream??? Tune in and donate ramen noodles to the king in chief. Hey, so do you see the brand new pic of him there? :lol:
Are you wondering about his brand old picture? Yes? Well, the new ones wouldn't have fitted, they are too heavy :lol:

But no, I'm not interested in his show: I'll wait for Oslam to get to the point by uploading the songs on YouTube without the useless outline stories.
I am still tempted to send him 10 cents on PayPal, should I? And will the show happen? Keep watching t(his) drama!