Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
robocop
Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:40 am

Going through the back catalog of our favorite guy. Listening to things I forgot. (After strato.) I mean....all dramatic drama stories aside, putting the “he has the same structure and note patterns” to the side, there are some powerful songs. It is entirely subjective, duh. I also believe the huge access we have to the infinite amounts of bands out today spoils us. One way it’s good, another it’s bad. Must have said that before!!

You have to realize not everybody is invincible, writing the most incredible music for every album. There’s dynamics to it all. No matter what your opinion is, if you liked the way his music sounds like you’ll like the newest one. Now, for all the claims of who recorded what, I’m not sure who to believe. I like to lie to myself and say that everything works out perfect in my head and nothing crazy is going on behind the scenes. If the music makes you happy, that’s the main point. Cutting it apart into a hundred different things can diminish how things are as a whole, you end up finding things that you don’t like or enjoy. Take it all in, because we don’t know how long your favorite or classic guys are going to be around!!! Sorry...I can’t sleep and wanted to type this out.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:41 am

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows:

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted earths orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 10000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:46 am

Ok, ok. My dick is harder than diamonds.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 am

It better be, babe. >=( :spin2:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 am

I strap a dildo to a radio controlled car and ram it up my poop shoot.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 am

Pancio turn out to be 100% right. In his podcast interviews Tolkki mentioned that he was barely involved in Avalon part 3 and they just wanted to use his name. Interesting.... :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 am

Made this.

lucaf9397

Post by lucaf9397 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:40 am

featuring Jorg Michael...

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:35 pm

I tried watching those podcasts once but I'm bored as hell after 5 seconds. Doesn't help the video I originally watched I couldn't understand anything TT was saying. I wish I could sit down and relax and put one of those on in the background. I'm just too wired all the time.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:54 pm

robocop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 am
Made this.

Nicely done! :D

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:46 am

Thanks. :lol:
I need to make a pancio one now. :D

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:26 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:35 pm
I tried watching those podcasts once but I'm bored as hell after 5 seconds. Doesn't help the video I originally watched I couldn't understand anything TT was saying. I wish I could sit down and relax and put one of those on in the background. I'm just too wired all the time.
I've actually watched every single episode so far, and I've enjoyed them immensely with some exceptions. This last one was actually the best one yet. Very cool hearing Jorg speaking and getting a taste for his personality. Actually my impression of him went up quite a bit. He has a very charismatic personality and a great sense of humor.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:02 am

It must have been an off day where he was wasted. I couldn’t understand anything. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 am
Pancio turn out to be 100% right. In his podcast interviews Tolkki mentioned that he was barely involved in Avalon part 3 and they just wanted to use his name. Interesting.... :lol:
Eheheh, I know.
Actually it was pretty easy to understand while listening to the songs, solos and to the overall product but, as I said last year, I know people from Frontiers and they know very well the problems between Tolkki and the label itself.
For what I know, atm, Tolkki is still bounded with Frontiers for an album but it's not official at all: I need to ask if this is true or not but I bet it could be possible.

Anyway, I hate Frontiers approach to music, they are only cash-grabber and they don't care about the music at all, hence why Chaos Magic, Avalon II and III and the average A.O.R. shitty projects they constantly throw to the market.

I follow Wayne Noon and his RatSalad Podcast/Review and he seems a cool dude, I mean, 2 hours straight face to face with Tolkki while listening to his bullshit must be hard af.
Also he doesn't care about views or stuff (not that much, at least) giving a very friendly touch and a live feedback without cuts, I like it.
Tolkki's podcast are mostly lame, full of statements and projects but, at the end of the day, after one year, Tolkki is at the same point: nothing happened yet. And I don't care about Infinite Visions album nor about Classical Variations 2 (Project Credo, anyone?) or any other überprojects.
Still I actually enjoyed some of the talking about old memories, seems pretty genuine stuff even if filtered by Tolkki's brain.
About the last interview: it was a pleasure to see Jörg back in a live interview with Tolkki, it was cool and also showed a very important thing: Tolkki is just obsessed with the StratoUnited thing and Jörg has joked a lot about his obsession for the "Stratovarius" moniker (gigs with Stratovarius material, a biography based on Stratovarius and his will to have a show with a band who once he tried to destroy).
I can remember very well 2007/08 and I must say it's better for Tolkki to stay on his path while Stratoguys must keep on going: it would be cool to see more interview with Jens, Timo K. and maybe Tuomo and Antti, but a reunion gig, mini-tour or a full-tour is not a good idea at all.

I will open a new thread, if you don't mind, to post the 2008 statements by Tolkki and the band: I found a way to navigate through the old.stratovarius.com and other pages as well (like RR forum and so on) and I want to share the history since a lot of new fans doesn't know what happened back then or know by some fragments.

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am

https://www.is.fi/musiikki/art-2000006447903.html

Apparently the biographical book will be released next week in Finland.

No mention about the solo album, I wonder if that's still a going concern?
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:00 am

Fuck him up his hemorrhoid filled ass. I wish I could be 60 years old and bang young girls in Mexico.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:11 am

Jabi wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am

Didn't he already release a book a few years ago?

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:15 am

The book title, “How to post on Facebook all day and night for dummies” was taken so now he’s written the sequel to the hobbit entitled, “Email me for lessons so I can buy toilet paper and hot dogs parts 2 & 3.”

Also almost forgot:
“How I stained my leather pants with ketchup; the fright night has begun..”
:D
Ok I’ll stop. :mrgreen:

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:11 am
Jabi wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am

Didn't he already release a book a few years ago?
I think Loneliness of a Thousand Years came out in 2010(?) and IIRC he said there's another book but it cannot be released as it is, because at the time of writing he was still pissed off about certain things about Strato.

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Let’s talk about the books you’ve written … you’ve just released “Loneliness Of A Thousand Years” and a formal autobiography, “Hymn to Live-Entr’acte”. Without going too deeply into the details, what can you tell me about these books?

Yeah, let’s talk. However, the latter one has never been published… let’s say that it wasn’t an autobiography, but revenge. You know, I wrote it with so-called “pissed-off-and-hate”-state of mind about Strato. Actually, during the seminar tour I got a distance for the past, and I read the book again, and I realized that it can not be published. “Loneliness of a Thousand Years”, is a 100-page booklet, and it tells about the feelings that I have had since my childhood. I wrote it so honestly that it will stop quite many people. It is a dangerous book. I wrote it in one week, last summer in Vihti, in a cottage. And I cannot say that the writing was therapeutic, because I’ve already gone through those things, but I had a need to write it and I hope that some people would read it.

And the next book? Have you already had time to think about it?

Yeah, for sure I already I think about it and will write it. I like writing, although and unfortunately, I have become more pessimistic towards the mankind. Before I had a lot to say, and still have even more… but I’m too tired to explain anymore. That’s what is going on in the world at the moment, it can not be stopped. Therefore, I just wait for something to happen… I mean, when the call comes, do we go home with a rowing boat or with another medium? It’s unfortunate to see that people who live their lives positively, are just sitting in a rowing boat, which is going towards the waterfall. This seems to me quite an incredible way to live.
https://metalshockfinland.com/2011/02/1 ... -feelings/

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:42 pm

I watched the latest Timo Tolkki podcast yesterday and was actually really discouraged by what I heard about Andre Matos. The guy was really one of my musical idols. To hear that he spent his final years totally disillusioned from the music industry, suffering from depression, estranged from his family, with substance abuse problems....what a horrible tragedy. After everything he did for music. Life can be so cruel sometimes....

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:42 pm
I watched the latest Timo Tolkki podcast yesterday and was actually really discouraged by what I heard about Andre Matos. The guy was really one of my musical idols. To hear that he spent his final years totally disillusioned from the music industry, suffering from depression, estranged from his family, with substance abuse problems....what a horrible tragedy. After everything he did for music. Life can be so cruel sometimes....
Does that sound familiar to how TT lives? :|

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 am

robocop wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Yeah, pretty much. :(

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:10 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 am
robocop wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
And it's so difficult being powerless to help.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:39 am

Jabi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:59 pm
Let’s talk about the books you’ve written … you’ve just released “Loneliness Of A Thousand Years” and a formal autobiography, “Hymn to Live-Entr’acte”. Without going too deeply into the details, what can you tell me about these books?

Yeah, let’s talk. However, the latter one has never been published… let’s say that it wasn’t an autobiography, but revenge. You know, I wrote it with so-called “pissed-off-and-hate”-state of mind about Strato. Actually, during the seminar tour I got a distance for the past, and I read the book again, and I realized that it can not be published. “Loneliness of a Thousand Years”, is a 100-page booklet, and it tells about the feelings that I have had since my childhood. I wrote it so honestly that it will stop quite many people. It is a dangerous book. I wrote it in one week, last summer in Vihti, in a cottage. And I cannot say that the writing was therapeutic, because I’ve already gone through those things, but I had a need to write it and I hope that some people would read it.

And the next book? Have you already had time to think about it?

Yeah, for sure I already I think about it and will write it. I like writing, although and unfortunately, I have become more pessimistic towards the mankind. Before I had a lot to say, and still have even more… but I’m too tired to explain anymore. That’s what is going on in the world at the moment, it can not be stopped. Therefore, I just wait for something to happen… I mean, when the call comes, do we go home with a rowing boat or with another medium? It’s unfortunate to see that people who live their lives positively, are just sitting in a rowing boat, which is going towards the waterfall. This seems to me quite an incredible way to live.
https://metalshockfinland.com/2011/02/1 ... -feelings/
Loneliness of 1000 Years was deep and impactful to me when it came out and I was 14 or so, but now it's kinda laughable. Granted English isn't his first language, but something tells me it wouldn't've been much better in Finnish.

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:58 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:54 pm
robocop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 am
Made this.

Nicely done! :D
Praise be. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed May 06, 2020 3:53 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:10 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 am
robocop wrote:

And it's so difficult being powerless to help.

https://www.expres.cz/celebrity/koronav ... ebrity_vlt

That Czech site is hilarious. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed May 06, 2020 4:52 pm

:lol: :lol: ngl mexican cola is best cola. Food there is so good and cheap that he's bound to gain some pounds.

I do hope the relationship lasts though.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:52 pm
:lol: :lol: ngl mexican cola is best cola. Food there is so good and cheap that he's bound to gain some pounds.

I do hope the relationship lasts though.
I had their coke once just for fun (not a soda drinker) and it’s ok. If I have coke or Pepsi, I’m more likely to get a cola slushy or icee, whatever you want to call it. :D

The rice packs or noodles in that pic of his, they cost like a dollar here at the dollar store and they have enough sodium in them to kill a man. :lol:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Went and listened to some of these podcasts, Wayne guy claims to be a Stratovarius fan, he doesn't even know how Jari K is...anyways..
good to see Tolkki in good spirits, laughing, having a good time, talking about the past without any complex, that's cool to me.
some random stuff but also a little behind the scenes of strato story, just found out that Jari K was fired because we wanted to bring his now-wife
to a listening party and Tolkki fired him via text message. cold AF.
the episode with Jorg was also good, if you manage to get through the random stuff its pretty informative (only for hardcore fans)
A9