Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
robocop
Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:43 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am
Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 pm
Anyway, the song is shit and production is ass :lol:
Really? I thought the production was fantastic. They really nailed the drum production, in my opinion; clear & powerful. The rhythm guitar was too low and vocals too high in the mix, though. Bass guitar was also slightly too low; a bit hard to hear. Other than that, nothing really annoyed me about the mix.

From a compositional standpoint, I thought the song was decent. My expectations were very low for this project, so this surprised me in some ways.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of liked this! I'm in shock. :shock:
Banned! Jk. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:09 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Pancio wrote:
Really? I thought the production was fantastic. They really nailed the drum production, in my opinion; clear & powerful. The rhythm guitar was too low and vocals too high in the mix, though. Bass guitar was also slightly too low; a bit hard to hear. Other than that, nothing really annoyed me about the mix.

From a compositional standpoint, I thought the song was decent. My expectations were very low for this project, so this surprised me in some ways.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of liked this! I'm in shock. :shock:
The drums may have been engineered by the drummer himself and not by Tolkki and the same with vocals.
The only thing engineered by Tolkki is guitar, I guess, and it sound awful: wrong levels and horrible sound.
The bassist uses the picks, he is not worthy of mention.
I'll put it under Avalon Pt. 2 and 3 even tho my expectations were lower too.
This doesn't mean I like it: too much Revolution Renaissance vibe along with nothing new and, OH MY GOD, the main riff is a pain in the ass (minor 6th, fifth and fourth again? Seriously? C'mon).
Dunno, maybe years and years of bullshit have hardened my heart but it's the same progression over and over and I can't stand it anymore

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:17 am

Too slow for me with a cringe songtitle. :lol:

Michael Jackson title inspired? he posts about him.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 am

Oh, and the "I Surrender" rip-off at the end? He is decerebrated :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 am
Oh, and the "I Surrender" rip-off at the end?
LMAO good point.

I do like the song. Nothing new but so what. I like simple, melodic hard rock. And its just a demo.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:09 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Pancio wrote:

The drums may have been engineered by the drummer himself and not by Tolkki and the same with vocals.
The only thing engineered by Tolkki is guitar, I guess, and it sound awful: wrong levels and horrible sound.
This doesn't mean I like it: too much Revolution Renaissance vibe along with nothing new and, OH MY GOD, the main riff is a pain in the ass (minor 6th, fifth and fourth again? Seriously? C'mon).
Dunno, maybe years and years of bullshit have hardened my heart but it's the same progression over and over and I can't stand it anymore
Haha, I love your in-depth analysis of everything, but sometimes I think you need some fucking prozac :lol: Its just a power metal demo track, don't expect your first listen to be a defining milestone in your life.

I had such moments listening to Stratovarius as a kid, but now i'm too old and heard too much. You need a blank slate to enjoy music _that_ much. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:53 am

Pancio wrote:
I couldn't really hear the rhythm guitar, as it was so quiet, so maybe it does sound like shit? :lol: Damn, I used a pick on my bass guitar parts for my album. :err: But I also used finger picking too. I used a pick for the fast parts because I suck at finger picking that quickly and, to me, it sounds more percussive and aggressive. I used finger picking for the ballads and soft sections of songs. Occasionally, I played some slap bass too. :shock:

I don't expect Tolkki to have an epiphany of compositional fortitude at this point. :lol: So, of the recycled content that he could have used, I believe it could've gone worse here. It may very well get worse. That fast song they posted on FB with the drummer performing (Sonata Black, I believe?) sounded like it was getting ready to be as contrived as possible.

Anyway, about the drum production. It seems like the bar has been set so low for so many years that the second I heard a contemporary/modern song with actually good drum production, it nearly sent me into shock. :shock: :lol:
robocop wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:17 am
Too slow for me with a cringe songtitle. :lol:

Michael Jackson title inspired? he posts about him.
Okay. Do you consider any slower songs to be remotely good or are they all bad because they're slow? I completely ignored the song title and lyrics but, yeah, kind of cringe.

@A10: I think we all need some prozac. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:57 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am
Pancio wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 am
Oh, and the "I Surrender" rip-off at the end?
LMAO good point.

I do like the song. Nothing new but so what. I like simple, melodic hard rock. And its just a demo.
In other circumstances I would have said the same but this is not a good song to my ears.
It's simple and melodic for sure but in the worst possible way: it's a generic mix of the most repellent AOR songs from the '80s (I do like "I surrender") :lol:

But it's up to personal tastes, until a certain point :oops:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:06 am

Guys, Timo Tolkki not mix this song, was one guy called Dany G who fuck is Dany G? I don't Have idea.... :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:11 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 am
Pancio wrote:
ZenithMC wrote:

Haha, I love your in-depth analysis of everything, but sometimes I think you need some fucking prozac :lol: Its just a power metal demo track, don't expect your first listen to be a defining milestone in your life.

I had such moments listening to Stratovarius as a kid, but now i'm too old and heard too much. You need a blank slate to enjoy music _that_ much. :lol:
Yep, I agree about Prozac and about my analysis too: I'm too harsh and, sometimes, I don't contextualize in an "honest" way :lol:
But I'm not able to listen to this kind of stuff anymore; after almost 20 years of Power Metal filling my ears, these riffs and these melodies literally destroyed my scrotum :lol:

I hope it's a demo but I'm also guessing this album will never see its morning light so this will be the definitive version :roll:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:53 am

Okay. Do you consider any slower songs to be remotely good or are they all bad because they're slow? I completely ignored the song title and lyrics but, yeah, kind of cringe.

@A10: I think we all need some prozac. :lol:
I may have came across harsh. I heard it in the car and it reminded me of an elements song pretty much. I like all tempos. It just seemed slow first listen.

Prozac? Try cbd maaaaaannn. :kiss2:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:41 pm
I told you all in advance how this story would end, no surprise at all :lol:

But yeah, 10k euros is a good budget for an average metal album: a good engineer cost a lot and a decent recording studio even more plus a photographer, a graphic designer and so on.
Indeed the price is far too low for a "pro" release and this makes me think it's a scam :lol:
I have to agree with this, even if today's technology makes the process much easier 10k Euros seems on the cheap side, this is a scam, and I think right now looks like there's no chance this project will be completed, sorry Timo T, but you have to work harder to make amends for previous fails (credo, and other craps)
A9

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 pm
Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:41 pm
I told you all in advance how this story would end, no surprise at all :lol:

But yeah, 10k euros is a good budget for an average metal album: a good engineer cost a lot and a decent recording studio even more plus a photographer, a graphic designer and so on.
Indeed the price is far too low for a "pro" release and this makes me think it's a scam :lol:
I have to agree with this, even if today's technology makes the process much easier 10k Euros seems on the cheap side, this is a scam, and I think right now looks like there's no chance this project will be completed, sorry Timo T, but you have to work harder to make amends for previous fails (credo, and other craps)
I hope it's not, frankly, but I also felt something strange with this project since the announcement: we know Tolkki works in (not-so) mysterious ways, but this whole project is so badly organized, badly promoted and constantly postponed that I hardly believe that Tolkki is truly convinced of what he does.
And do we want to talk about the endless line-up changes?
In addiction: he's in considerable economic difficulties, basically homeless and desperate; I really doubt 10000 euros are safe enough in his hands, at the moment.

I remember "Credo" very well, also: I was one of those lucky guys who got the refund :lol:
I would also like to remind you that many musicians and professionals who have worked with Tolkki over the years have never received any payments yet :roll:

My expectations for this work are very low and the hope that this project will see the light are almost non-existent.
However, I hope I'm wrong; Tolkki needs to get out of one of his darkest moment and find some stability, even though I can't stand some of his attitudes, behaviors and even though he put himself in this situation.

Unfortunately, the music business has gotten a lot worse in recent years, and I doubt Tolkki can get back on his feet in a saturated, hyper-competitive and poorly profitable market.
His best chance is to roll up his sleeves and find a secondary job but, from what I know, he doesn't want to find a humble job preferring to scrounge money and help from the fans.
This is what this fundraising campaign looks like, an easy way to milk his fans.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:17 pm

Pancio:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 pm

wow!! Timo Tolkki is a shitty person, a lot angels, a lot Universe, a lot God but is a shame.... :shock:

sorry kiddos, my whasapp is banned now for the open public, I'm not like Timo Tolkki :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 pm

robocop wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:17 pm
Pancio:

Wow, tasty as fuck :lol:

I never digged too much into Tolkki's scams, I already have too little esteem for him that knowing this kind of implications would risk ruining even the artistic aspect, which I always try to keep separate from the person :cry:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Under the video there are also a lot of comments from Tolkki himself.

Now we can all understand why there won't be any StratoUnited tour and you can also understand my mood towards Tolkki; I'm both worried and disgusted but he overstepped my moral limits too much

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:25 pm

wow, such scandal, this is more worse than Argentinian TV!! :poke:

you Know the News? MARADONA IS DEAD!! :err:

OK, YOU, AS ME WE DON'T CARE A SHIT THIS NEWS..... =P

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:25 pm
wow, such scandal, this is more worse than Argentinian TV!! :poke:

you Know the News? MARADONA IS DEAD!! :err:

OK, YOU, AS ME WE DON'T CARE A SHIT THIS NEWS..... =P
Yes, I don't give a fuck about football and I don't give a shit about a violent cocaine addict footballer with millions of taxes evaded and debt with the tax authorities.
He just got what should have happened to him years ago :lol:

Edit: My last sentence is controversial but I don't mean I was hoping he would die sooner, I mean it's a miracle that an obese cocaine addict turned 60 :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:34 am

Pancio wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:43 pm
Under the video there are also a lot of comments from Tolkki himself.

Now we can all understand why there won't be any StratoUnited tour and you can also understand my mood towards Tolkki; I'm both worried and disgusted but he overstepped my moral limits too much
The story here was Tolkki asked for 600 euros for a plane ticket to visit his sick mom in Finland. He ended up not going the guy said and never paying the guy back. And also asked for a couple hundred more. He reported him to the police, and the guy is very depressed sounding not understanding how a guy like that could scam a fan. There's more to the story, I kind of spaced out. Then there was the story he got taken in by the Mexican police and was getting beaten up and needed money. So many layers to a Tolkki sandwich... :lol:

In the comments he was talking about some solo he did for a band, about money and bank accounts which didn't have anything to do with this. He was getting his stories confused, and I imagine he has many scamming incidents like this going on all the time.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:51 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:17 pm
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow. Tolkki's an asshole for doing that.

Hahahahahaha!! Tolkki showed up in the comments section and was all like "He's a liar. My lawyer will sue you for this". How many times has he (emptily) threatened to sue in the past? I've lost count. :roll: :lol: WTF? Does Tolkki just scour the internet all day looking for vids about him? :? Then he goes on about how successful he is and how his Avalons have 7+ million views on YT. He is just one single-minded dude, isn't he? :roll: Same shit, different day...

Key to the universe is scam for 300 euros a pop.

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:56 am

Hello friends...
Key to the universe is pay my rent

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:53 am

robocop wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:56 am
Hello friends...
Key to the universe is pay my rent

At least he's not scamming anyone this time :lol:

I'm glad he blocked me :roll:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:33 pm

It is all better now my friends.....🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

:lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:15 pm

robocop wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:33 pm
It is all better now my friends.....🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

:lol:
Mh, is he menstruating? Or is he a 14-year-old girl after breaking up with her boyfriend?

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm

The guru has spoken. Do not question his greatness. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:58 pm

robocop wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm
The guru has spoken. Do not question his greatness. :lol:
I ask forgiveness for my sins, mighty savior and enlightened god Tolkki.
Hallowed be thy name on earth as it is in heaven, amen.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 am

What is he apologizing for?

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 am
What is he apologizing for?
Maybe for his life? :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:12 pm

But surely for nothing, it's just a way like any other to intrigue and be the center of attention :roll: