Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 am

adrian9 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:29 pm
Went and listened to some of these podcasts, Wayne guy claims to be a Stratovarius fan, he doesn't even know how Jari K is...anyways..
good to see Tolkki in good spirits, laughing, having a good time, talking about the past without any complex, that's cool to me.
some random stuff but also a little behind the scenes of strato story, just found out that Jari K was fired because we wanted to bring his now-wife
to a listening party and Tolkki fired him via text message. cold AF.
the episode with Jorg was also good, if you manage to get through the random stuff its pretty informative (only for hardcore fans)
Wayne sounds like a guy who listens to every band and therefore doesn't have extremely in-depth knowledge of any particular band.

I do find him a bit of a dimwit, but I appreciate his podcasts.

It was funny that the song 4000 rainy nights was originally called something else, but was changed because Timo K couldn't pronounce it :lol: I think 3 thousand or something.

Jabi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: Post-democratic Society

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Jabi » Sat May 16, 2020 5:36 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:29 pm
some random stuff but also a little behind the scenes of strato story, just found out that Jari K was fired because we wanted to bring his now-wife
to a listening party and Tolkki fired him via text message. cold AF.
In his new book Tolkki says he didn't fire him, but Jari himself wanted to leave because he was unwilling to tour.

Kotipelto said JK was fired, though, according to him one day he received an SMS from TT and it just read "I kicked Kainulainen out".

And yeah, 4000 rainy nights was originally called 3000 rainy nights. The song was about his ex wife.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 am

I read today that in December, Tolkki borrowed somebody's guitar (Marco Tikkanen) and sold it to get plane tickets to Mexico. :lol: Don't know if its true or not..

Pancio
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 am

Jabi wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:36 pm
adrian9 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:29 pm
some random stuff but also a little behind the scenes of strato story, just found out that Jari K was fired because we wanted to bring his now-wife
to a listening party and Tolkki fired him via text message. cold AF.
In his new book Tolkki says he didn't fire him, but Jari himself wanted to leave because he was unwilling to tour.

Kotipelto said JK was fired, though, according to him one day he received an SMS from TT and it just read "I kicked Kainulainen out".

And yeah, 4000 rainy nights was originally called 3000 rainy nights. The song was about his ex wife.
Kainulainen got fired by Tolkki with an SMS and Tolkki himself stated it countless time, what is written in the book is against the official version.
Kainulainen surely wanted to leave, at some point, but Tolkki is a double-faced prick.
About 4000 Rainy Nights and Kotipelto pronunciation, well, I doubt it; surely Kotipelto has a strong accent but nothing that can't be corrected while recording and I doubt he can't pronounce "three thousand", it seems like a sort of fake anecdote since the reality is that pronunciation of "four" is more delicate than "three" and adapt better but I don't really know in this matter, I'm just guessing.

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 am
I read today that in December, Tolkki borrowed somebody's guitar (Marco Tikkanen) and sold it to get plane tickets to Mexico. :lol: Don't know if its true or not..
Tolkki has stated that the guy is a maniac and a liar but, given the previous fact, I don't believe him.
He also stole a book from Eduardo Cerda, his "manager", and put it in sale on Facebook. For what I can gather it seems possible since the guy who lent it to Eduardo commented under Tolkki's Facebook profile.

He also "tried to organize a live streaming concert" but it was postponed to 6/6/20 because of the poor tickets sales (the ticket is 8 euros or 7 dollars).
And, under Tolkki's profile, it happened to happens a shitstorm: some fans expected to have the concert for free since 7 dollars are too much (?), music and art should be free and because true fans deserve it (WTF?).
Other people blamed Stratovarius because they don't want to reunite with Tolkki or even give him some money (WTF?).
Other people, instead, started whining about other fans saying that Tolkki is a sort of God and only truest fans can understand him (WTF?).

Today Tolkki posted the same old drama, complaining about the lack of support and stuff like a primadonna but the concert was barely sponsored even on his page.

Guys, he is completely done: he stated he is writing music for Avalon IV, Infinite Visions, Saana pt. 2, Classical Variations and Themes pt. 2 and an Opera about Jesus Christ with Kiske on it; he stated he has an endorsement with ESP (strangely enough he is using a cheap Tokai and a unknow 30 dollars chinese acoustic guitar instead) and that he is going to tour whole next year. His life is, nowadays, full of fake announcements but zero facts: where is the promised album? First quarter of 2020, then second quarter, then fourth quarter and then postponed to 2021 or maybe later since he must compose for Avalon IV (Frontiers forced him).
We're discussing about nothing, blatant lies from an old and tired musician who expect to rise again without any effort because of the Stratovarius name: he doesn't even try.
Last edited by Pancio on Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am

Bahahaha. Such a fuckin' joke, man. :lol:

Pancio
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

robocop wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am
Bahahaha. Such a fuckin' joke, man. :lol:
Here in Italy we have this "musician" called Richard Benson, a trash character and living meme and well, Tolkki managed to reach and overcome his level of trashiness.
At least Benson never stole anything lol

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Pancio wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 am
About 4000 Rainy Nights and Kotipelto pronunciation, well, I doubt it; surely Kotipelto has a strong accent but nothing that can't be corrected while recording and I doubt he can't pronounce "three thousand", it seems like a sort of fake anecdote since the reality is that pronunciation of "four" is more delicate than "three" and adapt better but I don't really know in this matter, I'm just guessing.
Yes, Tolkki's reasoning is incredibly dubious and plays off of his favorite little joke about Kotipelto's misadventures in the land of pronunciation. I don't know why he keeps saying such things, because Kotipelto never sounds goofy or weird in his pronunciation of any English words on the studio albums, in my opinion. It really just seems like a shallow jab at best, and not even a particularly valid one. :roll:

...Okay, when Kotipelto pronounces "dynasty", it rubs me the wrong way. :lol: But that's technically not a mispronunciation; it's just an alternate pronunciation.

Ironically, Tolkki incorrectly pronounces words more often than Kotipelto. One of my favorite examples of this is on Future Shock, during the 2nd & 3rd choruses, he says "yuteemic" instead of "atomic". Strangely enough, during the 1st chorus, he actually pronounces atomic correctly; what happened? :lol:
Pancio wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 am
some fans expected to have the concert for free since 7 dollars are too much (?), music and art should be free and because true fans deserve it (WTF?).
LMFAO @ all of this! What a bunch of entitled little snots. :roll: "music and art should be free" Right... more like it's only free if the artist chooses to distribute it for free. How about those "fans" write their own music. Then, it will be free for them. :lol: Tolkki's broke and they demand a free concert from him? The sheer audacity of it all... :roll: If they were true fans, surely they'd be more considerate of Tolkki's financial predicaments.
Pancio wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 am
Other people, instead, started whining about other fans saying that Tolkki is a sort of God and only truest fans can understand him (WTF?).
Now that's mental. :err:
Pancio wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 am
Guys, he is completely done: he stated he is writing music for Avalon IV, Infinite Visions, Saana pt. 2, Classical Variations and Themes pt. 2 and an Opera about Jesus Christ with Kiske on it
Aww... How endearing! :oops: He's writing an opera about you, Pancio. :luv2:

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4713
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

European "dynasty" is pronounced differently than American "dynasty".
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm
European "dynasty" is pronounced differently than American "dynasty".
"This is my dynasty of pride and vanity
My broken self-esteem just can't face reality
Always the silent one, I was born to be undone
So I'll stay here in the darkness and I will"

A night to remember is probably the worst song Jani ever wrote :lol:

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 pm
A night to remember is probably the worst song Jani ever wrote :lol:
"A sad and epic fail
I´m three on the Glasgow scale"

Those lyrics are a 10/10 on my cringe scale. :rotflmao1:

I've never really been a fan of Jani's lyrics, because they're always a little like... this. This takes the cake, though, and when I first heard Kotipelto sing "epic fail" I burst out laughing. I will say that I do really enjoy the lyrics for My Selene. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges because of the thematic differences, but whatever.

Back on-topic: Hey, look at that. It looks like Kotipelto can pronounce "three" after all; what a surprise. :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat May 23, 2020 5:51 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm
I will say that I do really enjoy the lyrics for My Selene. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges because of the thematic differences, but whatever.
Raise your hand if you know what the fuck an Endymion is :roll:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm
I will say that I do really enjoy the lyrics for My Selene. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges because of the thematic differences, but whatever.
I like listening to that song alone laying on the floor at 3:30 AM for the past 10 years. :wink: That song really cuts me deep. :red:

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:51 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm
I will say that I do really enjoy the lyrics for My Selene. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges because of the thematic differences, but whatever.
Raise your hand if you know what the fuck an Endymion is :roll:
Image

Only because I looked it up about 12 years ago. :lol:
robocop wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm
I will say that I do really enjoy the lyrics for My Selene. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges because of the thematic differences, but whatever.
I like listening to that song alone laying on the floor at 3:30 AM for the past 10 years. :wink: That song really cuts me deep. :red:
It's a great song. It's one of my favorites from Jani. :)

It's perplexing to me that some people consider it to be a filler track on Reckoning Night. I couldn't disagree more. I think it's one of the highlights of that album because of it's strong melodies and melancholy atmosphere. Admittedly, it has a simpler structure than most of the songs on that album, and that's probably why people feel that way towards it. Even Kakko felt that it was stylistically closer to Ecliptica's sound or something along those lines. I disagree in that it feels like it'd be more at home on Winterheart's Guild.

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm


It's a great song. It's one of my favorites from Jani. :)

It's perplexing to me that some people consider it to be a filler track on Reckoning Night. I couldn't disagree more. I think it's one of the highlights of that album because of it's strong melodies and melancholy atmosphere. Admittedly, it has a simpler structure than most of the songs on that album, and that's probably why people feel that way towards it. Even Kakko felt that it was stylistically closer to Ecliptica's sound or something along those lines. I disagree in that it feels like it'd be more at home on Winterheart's Guild.
That album takes you on a journey with the story. I listened to it so many times. :lol: Back when they were recording it I remember reading their posts about it on their site. Something like carrying the gear and drums up steps was pretty hard to the studio. :D

Did you ever hear the other 2 tracks that weren’t on my CD at least?? World in my eyes and two minds, one soul. I didn’t remember anything about it till I just googled it now.
Is it just me or is that album a little muddy? The guitar maybe, I just rememeber it wasn’t as bombastic of a production as “Silence” which I also used to play so many times driving. :mrgreen:

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 pm
That album takes you on a journey with the story. I listened to it so many times. :lol: Back when they were recording it I remember reading their posts about it on their site. Something like carrying the gear and drums up steps was pretty hard to the studio.
Yeah, it's a classic. I love the lyrics on Reckoning Night. I can't help but feel the album feels short, though. I read that blog for the production of the album many years later, as I wasn't aware of the band until 2008.
robocop wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 pm
Did you ever hear the other 2 tracks that weren’t on my CD at least?? World in my eyes and two minds, one soul. I didn’t remember anything about it till I just googled it now.
Yeah, I listened to all the bonus tracks for Reckoning Night. Those two were cover songs. It's been quite a while since I listened to them, so I don't remember them lucidly. From what I remember, I liked Two Minds, One Soul, but didn't really care for World in my Eyes. :lol: Also, I'll add that Wrecking the Sphere sounds very Winterheart's Guild-ish to me, which is probably why Kakko made it a bonus track and not a regular track.
robocop wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 pm
Is it just me or is that album a little muddy? The guitar maybe, I just rememeber it wasn’t as bombastic of a production as “Silence” which I also used to play so many times driving. :mrgreen:
The album is much warmer (less bright) than their previous albums. That contributes significantly to the perceived muddiness. I think it sounds okay, but I preferred the brightness and clarity of the earlier albums. It was probably a deliberate decision in order to sound more aggressive and heavy. That's what I think when I hear that album; much more aggressive than the previous offerings. Kakko's singing is notably more gruff and lower register, Hammond organs were introduced, and Jani brought out the mighty 7-stringer. Drums also sound more "natural" to me (less reverb) and more subtle, and the snare has more body than wire sound now. The cymbals are dramatically less noticeable, which bothers me a lot. Jani's solo tone is super muddy sounding to me; I don't like it at all.

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 am

I won’t reply to every point but maybe they’ll re-record it like they did their first one. :D

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Mon May 25, 2020 5:51 am

robocop wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 am
I won’t reply to every point but maybe they’ll re-record it like they did their first one. :D
I really hope they don't. :lol: There will be production errors/issues galore with Pasi behind the mixing desk, Kakko will sound bored out of his mind, and the rest of the band will be going through the motions as they rehash the album. :roll:

I'm not a fan of remakes. :oops:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Mon May 25, 2020 7:30 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:51 am
robocop wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 am
I won’t reply to every point but maybe they’ll re-record it like they did their first one. :D
I really hope they don't. :lol: There will be production errors/issues galore with Pasi behind the mixing desk, Kakko will sound bored out of his mind, and the rest of the band will be going through the motions as they rehash the album. :roll:

I'm not a fan of remakes. :oops:
New Strato should remake old Strato. :bigok: :laff: :bounce2:
We are COOMERS of the TWILIGHTTTT!!!!

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Mon May 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Ha!

What if Sonata Arctica remakes Stratovarius albums and Stratovarius remakes Sonata Arctica albums? :P

:bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Tue May 26, 2020 4:30 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:10 pm
Ha!

What if Sonata Arctica remakes Stratovarius albums and Stratovarius remakes Sonata Arctica albums? :P

:bigok: :bigok: :bigok:
They should have EDM remixes like they did for Van Halen now. PUT YOUR HANDS UPPP!!! MY BLACK DIAMONDDD!! Doing doing bleep bleep bloop. 8) :lol:

Pancio
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Okay, guys, news for you.

Jari Kainulainen will be part of the old but new Timo Tolkki's project: "Infinite Visions" and this time seems a legit info and not a fake statement by Tolkki.

I don't know why Jari should join an already sinking boat: Money? Doubt since Tolkki is poor and homeless. Friendship? Maybe but as a guest since he is in Masterplan and I don't think he will quit.

My question is: Why does he keep telling bullshit? According to his stories he has already booked the world tour, has a contract with ESP, has a huge house in Monterrey, all the songs already written and yet he has been recording the demos for months (5 demos can be recorded in one week).
He doesn't even have a record deal and people still believe him and treating him like an untouchable god.
Do they not realize that the project will be again another copy of Stratovarius' most commercial songs? I'm speechless since Latin American fans also join forces against anyone who questions anything while insulting anyone who does not demonstrate total obedience to the fat Timo Tolkki the "incarnate God".

Oh, and remember that the guy changed his mind countless time about line-up, release and tour lol

What do you think?

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4713
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Won't believe it until I see an album released.

Even then I can't imagine it being "good". TT peaked decades ago and releasing a good album will be an outlier. If he produces something similar to Episode then I will definitely be interested.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by ZenithMC » Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Pancio wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm
I'm speechless since Latin American fans also join forces against anyone who questions anything while insulting anyone who does not demonstrate total obedience to the fat Timo Tolkki the "incarnate God".
Their level of fandom certainly exceeds my own. It feels almost cult-like, with Tolkki as their leader. They seem like drones who are incapable of thinking rationally and critically, and who believe anything that Tolkki tells them without a second thought. They cannot be reasoned with; it is a lost cause.

The reason for Tolkki's lies is to keep up appearances for his cult. It revs them up and leaves them feeling justified in their blind support of him. Tolkki has spent many years trying to look like he has changed for the better. It's honestly a façade and it appears that many of his fans have bought into it.

Why Kainulainen is joining Infinite Visions is beyond me. I guess you could ask him directly if you want to know his reasoning.

Pancio
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Yeah, I dared to say something uncomfortable for him and boom, he replied with all his bitterness that I'm an asshole and the worst human being he ever encountered on the whole planet while his dumbass fans supported him.
But, of course, he putted the ":)" in order to show his superiority. Damn, he outsmarted me.

I know that his last aim is to gain attentions so he can promote himself as a "enlightened sage", a victim of this rotten universe within a plague called music business and, ultimately, sell his album (maybe with another fundraising).
And I know that basically everything is staged and he is playing a role in his already written drama: strange behavior and suicide attempt written on Facebook so he can make people worry, interviews with tabloid in Czech Republic organized by him with tabloids paying his hotel and food and the scandal with Claudia so he can act as a victim using his public influence to make people belive he was used by a 24 yo girls. I'm convinced everything is planned, in a certain way, but the drawback will be heavy as fuck.
He want everyone to be convinced he is a pure soul among hell, but people within him might not be okay and I bet that his StratoUnited plan is going adrift: if I was a musician in a professional band I surely don't want such a person involved with me or my band.
Neither a professional in every other work: bad publicity is good until a certain point.

About the project itself, well, it will be a carbon copy of his mainstream songs: an uninspired work at best.
I can't stand another poor version of Hunting High and Low/Eagleheart/Paradise/Tomorrow/Against the Wind/A Million Light Years Away and so on recorded with a shitty amateur coverband singer on it.
And you know that without money or a deal production will be shit.
Surely it won't be his best-selling album: outside of Latin America he is a sort of joke/meme just like Luca Turilli and his countless "Rhapsody" bands.
On top of that Tolkki is on a minefield: I don't know if he stole the book and the guitar and where the truth about Claudia and other stuff lies but, assuming that something is real, he is fucked since he is basically an homeless dude without money and a single report can "bury" him.

About Jari I'm sincerely curious but I don't want to bother him, he seems a chill dude but a quite reserved one.
I'm sure will have our answer without asking him directly

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by robocop » Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 am

Damn. I just wanted to add these newer videos. Maybe somebody will get a laugh out of it.









There’s more on that channel. Have no idea what’s going on. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 pm
Yeah, I dared to say something uncomfortable for him and boom, he replied with all his bitterness that I'm an asshole and the worst human being he ever encountered on the whole planet while his dumbass fans supported him.
But, of course, he putted the ":)" in order to show his superiority. Damn, he outsmarted me.
That's the Timo I know. :lol: :lol:
Pancio wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 pm
I know that his last aim is to gain attentions so he can promote himself as a "enlightened sage", a victim of this rotten universe within a plague called music business and, ultimately, sell his album (maybe with another fundraising).
Yep, sounds about right...
Pancio wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 pm
About the project itself, well, it will be a carbon copy of his mainstream songs: an uninspired work at best.
I can't stand another poor version of Hunting High and Low/Eagleheart/Paradise/Tomorrow/Against the Wind/A Million Light Years Away and so on recorded with a shitty amateur coverband singer on it.
And you know that without money or a deal production will be shit.
Bingo. Your posts are pure gold, Pancio. I don't have any interest in listening to a power metal album that was written in a week and performed by a garage band + Jari K.

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed May 27, 2020 8:52 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Won't believe it until I see an album released.

Even then I can't imagine it being "good". TT peaked decades ago and releasing a good album will be an outlier. If he produces something similar to Episode then I will definitely be interested.
Right...what is the last great album by TT. Elements Part 2 was 2003. I do like bits and pieces of his work since then. I haven't even bothered listening to Avalon- have you?

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4713
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed May 27, 2020 5:40 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:52 am
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Won't believe it until I see an album released.

Even then I can't imagine it being "good". TT peaked decades ago and releasing a good album will be an outlier. If he produces something similar to Episode then I will definitely be interested.
Right...what is the last great album by TT. Elements Part 2 was 2003. I do like bits and pieces of his work since then. I haven't even bothered listening to Avalon- have you?
Nope. I haven't even fully listened to Symfonia either. There are a few good songs but the overall quality doesn't make me want to look back and re-listen.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Pancio
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Fri May 29, 2020 3:52 am

Tolkki blocked me on Facebook for the second time so I won't be able to give you news, sadly.

This time he called me Mr. Negativity only because he was trying to sell a 15 watts amp as 45 watts and I corrected him:

"It's a Marshall MG15CD, 15 watts and not 45"

After a couple of bittered bitchy replies he deleted my comments and blocked me due to the following answers:

"Since when to correct an error can be considered a bad thing?
You could have simply thanked me and corrected the wattage since I'm working for free.
You're a funny guy, Timo"

And:

"Yes, when we met you were funny and still are, sometimes, but on social networks you hide yourself behind the blind obedience of your fans while attacking, and you push your fanbase to attack, anyone who does not think exactly like you or who does not show total devotion and expose your errors.
We are all fallible.

Fortunately, it is not necessary to agree on everything and it is allowed to have different opinions without being aggressive towards others, also the comparison with different ideas is often the best way to grow and improve and I think I can easily accept the fact that you don't like me, our planet is big enough.
Nonetheless, it pains me to reiterate that Mr. Negativity is not me, since I simply corrected a mistake that could have pushed someone to buy a wrong product and, then, be disappointed"

The dude seems afraid of direct feedbacks and the possibility to lose the edge on his fans but he does not consider the drawback of his behavior and that his marketing strategy is a little bit silly and amateurish 🤔

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 am

Pancio wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:52 am
The dude seems afraid of direct feedbacks and the possibility to lose the edge on his fans but he does not consider the drawback of his behavior and that his marketing strategy is a little bit silly and amateurish 🤔
:lol: :lol: :lol: That whole story was too funny. And some other guy chimes in "Matias Gutierrez Timo, block this idiot" :lol:

Are you comfortable using your real identity to have these "heated" exchanges online? Even though actual risk is low, I would prefer anonymity in your shoes.

On the latest podcast with Wayne Noon on Saana, Wayne does dismiss the album as unnecessary crap, and Tolkki took it more or less OK. He seems pretty mild mannered and humble in person, but online seems a bit "out there".

I highly recommend the Saana podcast, by the way. He talks about a lot of interesting things, Frontiers records, the songwriting (or lack thereof) of Avalon Pt 3, other funny gossip items that are of general interest here. For example, apparently Stratovarius is one of Daniel Radcliffe's favorite bands (the guy who plays Harry Potter).


Post Reply