New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Pancio
Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Cause their target is the typical brainless teenager without a single friend, a social life, full of pimples and ready to fap to the rhythm of their snare.
Hey! This is also my description from 15/20 years ago :lol:

Seriously, I never really understood their success aside from Guitar Hero :err:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:26 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Why does Dragonforce get so many listens? :lol: I like some of their songs, but come on.
They have a whole league of kids who know them from guitar hero and think they’re the only ones who play that style of metal.
The kind of people who only know of bands like disturbed or five finger death punch, aka most people from the US who only listen to radio rock. I never heard them on SiriusXM for example. It’s all guitar hero hype. It seems the gap is wider to cross for kids in the US when it comes to power metal compared to other types of standard rock compared to Europe. Like I said, I know of people who just know like a song or two. But normally listen to Backstreet Boys and it’s more of a novelty for them. :lol:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Rebel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Why does Dragonforce get so many listens? :lol: I like some of their songs, but come on.
I'm actually shocked Sabaton managed to outperform them. For quite some time Dragonforce was the object of frustration of basically any other power metal band because they got SO much exposure. Through the Fire and the Flames was on Guitar Hero 2, which was still such a novelty that the games were a popular reference point for basically every teenager in America in the late 00s and early 10s. The most common reaction you'd hear to showing someone power metal, and by most common I mean "depressingly predictable 95% of the time" was "This sounds like Dragonforce." Power metal was a weird niche that it was a shock if you ever met someone else who was into it, but -everyone- knew what Dragonforce was.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Pancio
Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Pancio » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Rebel wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Why does Dragonforce get so many listens? :lol: I like some of their songs, but come on.
I'm actually shocked Sabaton managed to outperform them. For quite some time Dragonforce was the object of frustration of basically any other power metal band because they got SO much exposure. Through the Fire and the Flames was on Guitar Hero 2, which was still such a novelty that the games were a popular reference point for basically every teenager in America in the late 00s and early 10s. The most common reaction you'd hear to showing someone power metal, and by most common I mean "depressingly predictable 95% of the time" was "This sounds like Dragonforce." Power metal was a weird niche that it was a shock if you ever met someone else who was into it, but -everyone- knew what Dragonforce was.
Sabatons have been very successful because they had become a fairly widespread Meme within social networks with "The Last Stand" (which is a bad rip off of Avantasia "Sign of the Cross"), nothing more.
As a band I never liked them at all, they're a more embarrassing and homosexual version of Manowar and their music is trite and jejune (at least to me, but I don't like that cheesy macho-man music full of fights, war and shit) :lol:

Weren't Dragonforce on GuitarHero III: Legends of Rock after the "duel with the devil"?
Anyway yes, before GH they were almost unknown and, if I recall correctly, their first "mini-tour" happened in 2000 as an opening act for Stratovarius during "Infinite tour", the same tour that launched Sonata Arctica and Rhapsody of Fire careers.
Damn Stratovarius! :lol:

But yeah, I'm boring, I like only the same three/four bands: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray and Stratovarius plus some outsiders on the progressive side :oops:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Pancio wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm
But yeah, I'm boring, I like only the same three/four bands: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray and Stratovarius plus some outsiders on the progressive side :oops:
:shock:
Do you use any music streaming apps? I’ve lost count how many times I’ve went into a hole of some genre of metal and found a gem or two that was on my auto generated playlist or on the similar bands recommendations. Hard to find good stuff because I’m picky. There’s no shortage of bands, that’s for sure. You see someone like Tolkki starting a fundraiser, where every band and his buddy has already made 5 albums with no response from fans. :lol:

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by robocop » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:27 pm

New COVID shirt:

https://www.backstagerockshop.com/produ ... 20-t-shirt

It will be released December 18th. I bought one already. :)

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:05 am

Agree that Dragonforce + Sabaton got big by basically being meme metal. I think Sabaton has the same sort of effect on history nerds who don't realize the entire genre exists but know about Sabaton because they sing about a bunch of historical events.

Only ones I listen to on this chart on a regular basis are Strato, Sonata, Avantasia, Angra and Kamelot. But I'm not on Spotify.

Battle Beast was pretty fun live tbh

User avatar
Robocop 2.0
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:05 am
Agree that Dragonforce + Sabaton got big by basically being meme metal. I think Sabaton has the same sort of effect on history nerds who don't realize the entire genre exists but know about Sabaton because they sing about a bunch of historical events.
Yeah I've noticed it too Sabaton is rather big these days. I like a few songs from them and got maybe two albums, but it's mediocre band at best in my opinion. Actually not surprised they got more listens than Dragonforce, I'm just surprised Dragonforce is still in 2020 so high on that list

But I never had Spotify, so I don't know. I just doubt they would have that many listeners who actually searched for their music. Maybe they didn't?
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

User avatar
Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm
Location: In the ass of the world, Argentina

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:49 am

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 am
SentineLEX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:05 am
Agree that Dragonforce + Sabaton got big by basically being meme metal. I think Sabaton has the same sort of effect on history nerds who don't realize the entire genre exists but know about Sabaton because they sing about a bunch of historical events.
Yeah I've noticed it too Sabaton is rather big these days. I like a few songs from them and got maybe two albums, but it's mediocre band at best in my opinion. Actually not surprised they got more listens than Dragonforce, I'm just surprised Dragonforce is still in 2020 so high on that list

But I never had Spotify, so I don't know. I just doubt they would have that many listeners who actually searched for their music. Maybe they didn't?
really make a copy of dragonforce is easy, sound all so generic, copiying video game sounds 8 bits, the drums is nothing in special, is common... the keys is generic too, and the vocalist is the typical metal voice, high and with a lot high.

nothing that other band can't do, i see other band that is dragonforce v2, I believe that the fame of dragonforce comes from assholes Puberes who love video games, because someone with a musical study would realize that it is a dung, redundant and full of similarities between their same songs.

Pancio talks about Timo Tolkki? Dragonforce is worse, I listened to two songs and they shit in plagiarism among themselves, they hit it with a song and they made an album with the same notes and trends among themselves
Last edited by Motha-faka on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pancio
Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
Contact:

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Pancio » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:57 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:49 am
Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 am
SentineLEX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:05 am
Agree that Dragonforce + Sabaton got big by basically being meme metal. I think Sabaton has the same sort of effect on history nerds who don't realize the entire genre exists but know about Sabaton because they sing about a bunch of historical events.
Yeah I've noticed it too Sabaton is rather big these days. I like a few songs from them and got maybe two albums, but it's mediocre band at best in my opinion. Actually not surprised they got more listens than Dragonforce, I'm just surprised Dragonforce is still in 2020 so high on that list

But I never had Spotify, so I don't know. I just doubt they would have that many listeners who actually searched for their music. Maybe they didn't?
really make a copy of dragonforce is easy, sound all so generic, copiying video game sounds 8 bits, the drums is nothing in special, is common... the keys is generic too, and the vocalist is the typical metal voice, high and with a lot high.

nothing that other band can do, i see other band that is dragonforce v2, I believe that the fame of dragonforce comes from assholes Puberes who love video games, because someone with a musical study would realize that it is a dung, redundant and full of similarities between their same songs.

Pancio talks about Timo Tolkki? Dragonforce is worse, I listened to two songs and they shit in plagiarism among themselves, they hit it with a song and they made an album with the same notes and trends among themselves
That's basically the description of Timo Tolkki's career in the last twenty years :lol:

Edit: I'm not defending Dragonforce, they're shit, but Tolkki's compositions are unoriginal since Infinite (I do like Infinite and Elements Pt. 1 even if uninspired and repetitive as fuck)

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:55 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 pm
Cause their target is the typical brainless teenager without a single friend, a social life, full of pimples and ready to fap to the rhythm of their snare.
Hey! This is also my description from 15/20 years ago :lol:
This made me laugh because it perfectly fits the description of this one kid I knew in high school. He'd come in, in the morning, with his coffee and giant-ass headphones, blasting "Through the Fire and the Flames", without fail. His breath was toxic. :lol: :yuk: He was a bit of a pariah because he acted out a little too much and just, in general, seemed immature. I think I might've been the closest person he had to a friend, but there were a handful of occasions where he just made me want to scream "fuck you" at him. :lol: :roll:
Rebel wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am
The most common reaction you'd hear to showing someone power metal, and by most common I mean "depressingly predictable 95% of the time" was "This sounds like Dragonforce."
Absolutely. I told him about Stratovarius and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. Most likely listened to Black Diamond. Makes me wonder if he was even aware that power metal existed and wasn't just "Dragonforce music". :lol: There was another kid that I showed a video of "The Cage" by Sonata Arctica, who was mainly into thrash metal bands. The only thing he told me was "Cool. Reminds me of Dragonforce."

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:28 pm

New study (don't know how scientific it is) saying metal is good for you. :twisted:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/heavy- ... -new-study


I believe it. Also, I tried it the past week. Starting 8 am and putting earbuds in for 3 or 4 hours at a lower volume so I do not explode my ears. After all that, I was a lot calmer that reminded me of my old days of METAL!! Great alternative to meds and other shit.

SO! Next strato album!!! Make it really long and metal for our health. 8)

User avatar
ZenithMC
Sr. Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 am
Location: United States

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:55 am

Stratovarius should do a cover of this song:



Do not fret! In due time, it will be remembered as the Pablo Picasso of power metal.

User avatar
Robocop 2.0
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:27 pm

robocop wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:28 pm
New study (don't know how scientific it is) saying metal is good for you. :twisted:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/heavy- ... -new-study
It was very long time ago but I've listened to metal during the Cooper test a few times. Speed of Light along with some other songs I can't recall now, and from Sonata Arctica at least The Power of One which I remember being first time I listened to something during the test. I believe it helped.
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4839
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 pm

I think it does help to an extent. I listen to it when I go out for walks and I feel more relaxed.

I have a new demand for the new album. Have Flavio do the mixing and mastering. I shall not have an incomplete dull album if Flavio's hell edition is not up on the table.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 pm

Kotipelto & Liimatainen Ievan Polka when


User avatar
Robocop 2.0
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 pm
I think it does help to an extent. I listen to it when I go out for walks and I feel more relaxed.

I have a new demand for the new album. Have Flavio do the mixing and mastering. I shall not have an incomplete dull album if Flavio's hell edition is not up on the table.
Same, I just have long walks and listen to stuff. But I also occasionally enjoy complete silence which is available where I live, at least at night


They also need to make very limited vinyl LPs with hellish and heavenly looks, only for the true fans of Str...Mr. Ontivero
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

User avatar
robocop
Sr. Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Re: New Stratovarius album: a list of demands

Post by robocop » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:29 am

Image

New guitarras.

Post Reply