Is Dreamspace weird?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Motha-faka
Re: Is Dreamspace weird?

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 am

Tolkki is one idiot, the bipolarity is fixed with medicine, and under medicine can do a very normal life, including he can continue with his music career normally. BUT HE THINK THAT HE IS POWERFUL AND DO SHITS :cry:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:09 am

Well...he obviously has “enablers” who do and believe anything he says like a cult, lol. With medicine: It is different for everyone and some medicine works great and others still live with the illness even while trying a hundred medicines. Hear me out: music he makes has gone out of fashion. Someone needs to sit him down to make a bunch of dance music and pop. :lol: We know he’s not stable enough. It is just an idea. Theres is a billion fucking bands and it’s just a tiny drop in an endless ocean of music that comes out constantly. Kind of pointless. :lol:

EDIT: Just for fun!!! I would send him a lump of money just to see the train wreck heighten. :lol: Obviously I am a dumb fuck. I want to see how far he can push it. :lol: He can burn all the bridges and call me a retard, whatever he wants. I’d like to see if he had the resources what would actually happen!!!! Lmfao. Wouldn’t that be great? Spend it getting drunk for a week, lol. The end game of stories like this is usually tragic, I only wish the best for anyone dealing with things like this. No idea about the Finnish mental health system, the laws. Never looked it up. Don’t know if he can be involuntary committed to a psychiatric hospital. Against his will, I have no idea if the government takes that kind of control there. ??? Cops wheel him out into an ambulance, things like that. :cry:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Actually he is active on Facebook because of the fans.
Without them he wouldn't be here spamming shit and give himself this blessed-by-god-musician attitude.

C'mon, Tolkki WAS influent during late 90's and early 2000, he was a good mastermind and a good composer but hell, he wasn't that gifted.
Zappa was gifted as a Composer and Lane was gifted as a player, not Tolkki.
We can agree he changed Power Metal scene, of course, but that's it.
I can agree he influenced me more than Yngwie and more than any other player but, after 16 years of Stratovarius, I can also say he wasn't versatile at all (alternate picking and legato, sometimes tapping).

The big problems, with him, are his ego, his illness and his fans; everything is interconnected.
On top of that, music business tend to push a sort of faking behavior, then magnified with illness and ego, in order to keep your image as bigger as possible and Tolkki is lying even to himself.
And I also think he is aware of that and, to a certain point, he wish the things to be like that as a sort of free ads (do you remember all the stunts during 2004 and so on? It's the same).

But he needs to deal with bipolar disorder and he is not taking his therapy at all nor he is under observation by a psychiatrist.
In Finland involuntary treatment is possible and the health system is very good but there are a lot of laws and policies that must be followed: in other words, if his brother could have asked for an I.T. he would but he should have declared Timo incapable of understanding and wanting and I don't think there are the conditions to do so.
That's it.

My personal opinion is that Tolkki will ends his career in a couple of years but I hope he will find a way to put himself on the right path, he needs to find a job and fix things on his life composing, playing and writing in his spare time.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Good post, bro. He used to post here saying something like he was going to get a job at the goat cheese factory. :lol: Was that somebody else? I can’t remember. You mentioned his influence. It all adds up to this: He was in a niche genre. He was never as popular as the biggest players. Sure, he was not Shawn Lane!! (RIP) Every player has something to offer. What he had was a gift to compose. You can say it any way you want. He wrote some of the catchiest songs I’ve ever heard. (From back then.) Ego is something musicians all have. They mostly think they’re gods gift to mankind. :lol: Compared to your average person, they are “special.” We all have something to offer. To lessen anybody’s impact they had is like competition. They did this, somebody is better at that. Leaving it all at that, also, his posts about suicide whether they are for attention or not can still be listed he is a danger to himself, that should be a clear sign he needs help, pronto. It all could be a publicity stunt like you say. Let’s hope it works out either way. Happy Monday. :D

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:16 pm
C'mon, Tolkki WAS influent during late 90's and early 2000, he was a good mastermind and a good composer but hell, he wasn't that gifted.
Zappa was gifted as a Composer and Lane was gifted as a player, not Tolkki.
I don't believe anyone is gifted. I believe that composing music is a learned trait, not an innate one. Same with playing musical instruments. You need to learn how to play them before you can actually play them effectively. Back in 2008, when I first started to experiment with writing music, my music sounded absolutely abhorrent. It didn't make any sense, and was just pure cacophony! :lol: Gradually, through trial and error, and by listening to examples of music that I deemed high quality, I improved greatly.

The only kinds of music that I have trouble writing are the ones that I don't have intimate knowledge of. For example, I'm not all that great at writing a fugue. I've listened to countless numbers of them, and I understand some aspects of it, but my fugues always become directionless over time. Of course, if I took the time to deconstruct one of Bach's fugues and study it inside and out, I would probably be much better at writing them.

Fun fact: When I write music, I tend to throw theory out the window. I compose based purely on feel and emotions. That method may sound like bullshit, but it's honestly what I do. :lol:

Food for thought: Do you think it's a good quality, or a bad quality, for a composer if you can determine that they wrote a song just by listening to it? If a composer is versatile and writes only so-so music in many different styles, are they a better composer than someone who is not versatile and writes excellent music in only a limited number of styles? There are no right or wrong answers here, just a difference of expectations.

My answers to those two questions are:
1. No, I don't think being able to identify a composer by listening to their music is a bad thing.
2. I prefer a composer who writes excellent music, despite only being well-versed in a limited number of genres.

Obviously, in an ideal scenario, I'd most value a composer who can compose excellent songs in a wide variety of styles. :lol:
robocop wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm
Ego is something musicians all have. They mostly think they’re gods gift to mankind. :lol:
Yes, I agree! When my aspiration is to compose, perform all musical instruments, and engineer an album entirely on my own without anyone else's help, I'd say my ego is through the roof! :lol: :oops:
robocop wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm
his posts about suicide whether they are for attention or not can still be listed he is a danger to himself, that should be a clear sign he needs help, pronto.
If I recall correctly, I read in Tolkki's Loneliness of a Thousand Years book that he would never seriously contemplate suicide. Hopefully, that much is true.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Anything he posts or says shouldn’t be taken as truth. Even his book. Trusting people always fucks me up. :lol:
So, you say those little kids age 5 on YouTube aren’t GIFTED playing classical masterpieces on piano, etc? ???
Some are more inclined to the craft. Even if it is a learned hobby, you have to say, how the fuck do these geniuses do it all?? Not everybody is your average Joe that can sit down and learn. Ever hear of Derek Paravichini? Blind autistic savant pianist, from a small child he would learn songs himself. Unfortunately things in life are not all cut and dry, left or right and can fall into unknown territories. How boring would it be? Everyone either on one side or the other??? :err:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:50 pm

robocop wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 pm
So, you say those little kids age 5 on YouTube aren’t GIFTED playing classical masterpieces on piano, etc? ???
It's hard to explain, but everyone has a fundamentally different way of learning and processing information. The way in which person A learns may be more efficient than the way person B learns.

Using your example, if a 5 year old can proficiently play a classical work on piano, it means that they possess an extraordinarily efficient understanding and ability of how to play that instrument. In other words, they learned really fast, but "learned" is the keyword.

Now, if a 5 year old approached a piano for the first time in their life and was able to play classical pieces proficiently, I would definitely consider that a gift.

That said, given the appropriate amount of time to practice and learn, based on individualistic needs, I believe anyone can learn how to play musical instruments proficiently. It may take people 10 years or it may take them only 1 year, but the potential is still there.

It's not the fact that the 5 year old can perform the music that impresses me, it's their ability to learn at the speed of light that impresses me.

Of course, it's much harder to learn how to play an instrument differently, after you've already learned how. I'll give an example. Jani Liimatainen's picking style involves only alternate picking (when he's not sweeping). If I try to play one of his solos, I'd be unable to play it in a way that mimic's his style. The reason for that is because I learned to play quick runs by using economy picking. I would have to unlearn and reteach myself to focus on alternate picking during solos, in order to achieve his style, and that would be excruciatingly difficult to do.

Now, I say that I use economy picking, but that isn't strictly true. I learned how to shred in a weird way, so I always begin with a downward stroke. Now, if I'm playing on a single string and the number of strokes is odd, and I want to move down to a thinner string, I simply play another downward stroke, as you'd expect with economy picking. If the number of strokes is even and I want to move down to a thinner string, then I don't actually stroke the last note, but hammer it on instead. If the number of strokes is odd and I want to move up to a thicker string, then I actually begin playing the thicker string with an upstroke, like in alternate picking. If the number of strokes is even and I want to move up to a thicker string, then I hammer off the last note instead.

It's possible to learn both styles of picking, but it requires one to invest more time and effort into learning them.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:08 am

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:09 am

Too much typing, lol. I don’t know how zenith typed that much about whatever I said. :lol: Very long winded, if I sat and replied to every topic discussed we’d still be going around in circles because he has his own opinion. On the other hand, I give up easy and don’t need to argue or rant. :user:

Ps

By “GIFTED” in no way did I mean “gift from god” lol. Gifted is the name people get when they are extraordinary talented compared to average people.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:09 am

Personally I think that making a living through music requires at least some level of talent that is innate- along with tons of hard work.

But when were talking about the true pioneers of the music we love, like Ritchie Blackmore, Steve Vai, it's actually kind of absurd to think they just worked harder than everybody else.

It's like saying Michael Jordan was just the hardest-working basketball player. The hard work is necessary but not sufficient.

When it comes to vocalists- it's mostly inate talent in my opinion. I don't think Michael Kiske and Geoff Tate went through years of rigorous vocal training.

now if you wanted to become a dentist- I would say it requires a very little talent and a lot of hard work. That's because a below-average dentist is still a dentist. But when it comes to musicians, frankly the economics of the industry do not reward anybody but the top .1%. and you can't tell me that that top .1% really worked harder than the top 3%.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:37 pm

Yes.....which one of you guys were in the special classes in school and rode the short bus??? JK!! :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Oh no! What sort of trouble have I caused this time? :lol: I think I'm gifted with derailing threads! Sorry, Pancio! :oops:

Well, if we are going to talk about music careers, and why some are successful and others are not, I think the missing element here is one of luck. When we begin to involve the industry, things are definitely going to become more complicated, because at that point, it does take more than just hard work and skill. As silly as it sounds, there's a lot of "right time right place" involved. Sometimes, it is counter intuitive, and musicians that aren't the most skilled end up with the successful music career. It's whoever the industry thinks will make them the most money.

I don't know much about Ritchie Blackmore and Steve Vai, but the music industry must have seen a lot of commercial appeal in them, and made the industry a lot of money. Of course, they were very skilled musicians who worked hard to achieve their level of guitar playing skill, but I'm not sure if I would conclude that they're are in the same league as each other. Which of the two musicians has the more successful music career?

I don't know much about basketball, or sports in general, but I guess begin tall and nimble would be a significant advantage, there. Height is a genetic advantage, though, and as much as I'd like to practice becoming taller, it's never going to happen! :lol: So yeah, on top of that, Michael Jordan also had to practice and put all of his effort into playing basketball the best that he could.

Hmm... I don't even know where to begin with vocalists. Singing is something that I'm not very familiar with. I mean, everyone's vocal chords are different, and everyone has different singing ranges. I guess that is determined genetically. I've never had vocal training, but I know how to sing with vibrato. I just listened to other vocalists and imitated them like a chimp. :lol: Then again, maybe vibrato is easy for anyone to pull off, and doesn't require much practice? I don't know.

You know, the music industry is kind of bullshit. :lol: Aren't most of the pop singers all autotuned to hell and can't sing very well? Yet, they're the ones with very lucrative careers. Blimey! :roll:

A10, what's up with you and dentists? :lol: About the difference in pay grade among dentists, it probably has more to do with their Alma Mater than their skills, sadly. For musicians, it's whoever the industry thinks has the most commercial appeal, not talent or hard work, again sadly.

Again, becoming successful in the music industry is an entirely different beast than just learning how to play musical instruments.

I rode the advanced placement short bus, robocop! :P

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm

So, is dreamspace weird or not?

also, it seems like TT is hittin' rock bottom, wonder if he's gonna get help for former bandmates.

I wish him the best if I could help him ill do it, but I think he wants help in his own terms which is basically closing doors for anybody.
A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm
I rode the advanced placement short bus, robocop! :P
No need to brag :roll:
I was making fun of everybody for their sperg out posts. :crazy1:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:20 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm

also, it seems like TT is hittin' rock bottom, wonder if he's gonna get help for former bandmates.

I wish him the best if I could help him ill do it, but I think he wants help in his own terms which is basically closing doors for anybody.
I don’t listen to the album. ??? I’m only here to ramble about stuff that doesn’t matter. :wink: Like I said the other day, things like his situation usually end in tragedy. (Death.)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:08 am
This is by far my most beloved Tom&Jerry episode ever, still lmao everytime I see it :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 pm

I'm not religious nor spiritual, I'm much more in scientific method rather than: "OMG, God blessed you with *insert randomic sentence*" so, for me, talent isn't "God-based" at all, is much more about luck, brain and genetics.

The right definition of gift is, actually, a combination of genetics (for some sort of things you can call it luck) and right attitude, the luck of being able to practice and a mental predisposition.
Everyone can achieve great results, of course, but genetics can help a lot.
For example, I'm not very telented in music and even with a lot of effort in a music school and at home my abilities are strucked above the average but way below some guys with an innate talent (even with compositions, I know theory and stuff but cannot write at all).
Another example could be metabolism and physical abilities: even tho I'm not into sport or gym and I eat well beyond standards (3500 to 4000 kcal) for a short guy like me, analysis are perfect and I'm fit as fuck with even good muscles, the opposite for my brother who can go daily to the gym but cannot grow at all.
Last example: During high school I was into athletic team but I never ever trained nor practiced it outside trials and competitions but I won a lot. My father was the same, he won a lot without much effort.
So I believe that with the right attitude you can reach an "above-average" level for sure but you won't be able to overcome the potential of someone with the luck of being predisposed in certain activities.
Music is the same: surely the environment plays a big role along with the chance to listen and play since childhood, but to achieve something outside the mainstream success you must be "gifted" (I'm not talking about technicalities only, of course).

About Tolkki don't know how it will end but I doubt he will recover, professionally speaking, his career is ended and I don't think his ex-bandmates will help with more than a guest appearance.
As said, a lot of things are true but it seems to me that a lot of things are also staged: gossip, travels, dramas and stuff are possible, but how about some tabloids paying him? He hinted that by telling on his Facebook that he'll go to some sort of recording studios along with "Express" a Czech tabloid.
Keep in mind that, after 2008, I don't give a plain shit about publicity stunts lol

What I can tell is that his health is precarious: he is way too fat (I bet 150 to 180 kilograms) and he is out of control, mentally speaking.
I don't think he'll commit suicide (in his book is clearly written, as stated above) but is possible he'll die by heart attack, stroke or similar.
Let's see.

The answer, for Adrian, is: Yes, Dreamspace is weird. The reason? Microtonal tuning is not common in western music and we don't know if on Dreamspace is a deliberated choice or if there are other reasons (production error, mastering error or stuff).

Sorry for my long replies, I'm way too talkative.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Pancio wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 pm
The answer, for Adrian, is: Yes, Dreamspace is weird. The reason? Microtonal tuning is not common in western music and we don't know if on Dreamspace is a deliberated choice or if there are other reasons (production error, mastering error or stuff).
Well, since Tolkki cannot be trusted, what about the others who worked on the production of Dreamspace, like Mikko Karmila? Maybe he has the answer. Who was the mastering engineer? I can't seem to find that information.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 pm

all the time that you write a post, you write a new bibble, PANCIO! :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm
Well, if we are going to talk about music careers, and why some are successful and others are not, I think the missing element here is one of luck. When we begin to involve the industry, things are definitely going to become more complicated, because at that point, it does take more than just hard work and skill. As silly as it sounds, there's a lot of "right time right place" involved. Sometimes, it is counter intuitive, and musicians that aren't the most skilled end up with the successful music career. It's whoever the industry thinks will make them the most money.
There are elements of truth in what you say, but I think its too much of a generalization.

If you want to be the next Justin Bieber-esque pop star, its probably mainly luck and timing. If you want to be a band like, I don't know, Symphony X, I find it hard to believe their success is attributed to luck or even timing. If you grind out for twenty years releasing classic albums, you will cultivate a following eventually.

(Genetic) talent, propensity towards hard work, and a highly competitive personality are all elements of "luck" (genetic lottery) in a way, so I suppose it all does boil down to luck if you think about it that way.
I don't know much about Ritchie Blackmore and Steve Vai
First things first- my friend, we need to work on developing some musical breadth. You are clearly a huge lover of music, but seems you have limited yourself to Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, and Labyrinth albums. These are some fantastic bands, but there are probably at least a dozen bands of similar caliber that you will love! Of course, as an egoist I am more than happy to provide recommendations.

Angra - Holy Land, Temple of Shadows (lots of other good ones too). This should be your highest priority!
Dream Theater- Images & Words
Royal Hunt - Paradox (and maybe Fear) albums
Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Power of the Dragonflame
Blind Guardian - Lots of good albums (really just a matter of taste, I like the newer symphonic stuff the most.)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys (you MUST have at least heard this one), and most of the 90s albums with Deris
.... and then we can get into the classics. Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow.
...but the music industry must have seen a lot of commercial appeal in them, and made the industry a lot of money. Of course, they were very skilled musicians who worked hard to achieve their level of guitar playing skill, but I'm not sure if I would conclude that they're are in the same league as each other. Which of the two musicians has the more successful music career?
Not sure really if that's how it works. They are both pioneers in their own way and I suppose once they cultivated a following, the record companies invest in them and accelerate the process a bit. But its not like American Idol where a bunch of nobodies auditioned and made it big because of the industrial machine.

I guess in the case of Blackmore he had the benefit of being in an era where that style of music was fairly unheard of- more chance to get visibility by doing something different. So in some sense there is luck involved.

I don't know much about basketball, or sports in general, but I guess begin tall and nimble would be a significant advantage, there. Height is a genetic advantage, though, and as much as I'd like to practice becoming taller, it's never going to happen! :lol: So yeah, on top of that, Michael Jordan also had to practice and put all of his effort into playing basketball the best that he could.
To put it in a nutshell- practice makes you good, talent makes you great. They are both necessary.

You know, the music industry is kind of bullshit. :lol: Aren't most of the pop singers all autotuned to hell and can't sing very well? Yet, they're the ones with very lucrative careers. Blimey! :roll:
Absolutely true. I guess that's what the general public wants, which is a big shame.

Also, I don't know why I am obsessed with dentists! But good observation.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm

He has actually only publicly threatened suicide on Facebook on three separate occasions in the last two months, which actually isn't that bad. He seems more stable than I was when I had a corporate job. :lol:

What's alarming is that he has such high debts in Finland that he supposedly had to leave the country because of that.

I learned a lot by watching the podcast series with him and Wayne Noon (who is extremely annoying by way).

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:17 pm

robocop wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:09 am
Too much typing, lol. I don’t know how zenith typed that much about whatever I said. :lol: Very long winded, if I sat and replied to every topic discussed we’d still be going around in circles because he has his own opinion. On the other hand, I give up easy and don’t need to argue or rant. :user:
You are funny! :lol: I was going to say you strike me as someone who is unabashedly low-IQ, but that sounds like of mean doesn't it? :lol: At least you are unabashed, which is strictly better than being abashed.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Low IQ? Holy fuck. :lol: Thanks. I only look at life as you can never know enough. I may act like a retard. It doesn’t mean that is how I really am. I don’t see life in tunnel vision, one way to do this and do that. If you are stuck in your own world, you’re never going to realize people live differently than you, even if they aren’t Einstein and barely made it through life. :lol: I never said I went to Harvard or studied quantum physics. This is play time where I post the dumbest shit I can think of.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:02 am

robocop wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm
Low IQ? Holy fuck. :lol: Thanks. I only look at life as you can never know enough. I may act like a retard. It doesn’t mean that is how I really am. I don’t see life in tunnel vision, one way to do this and do that. If you are stuck in your own world, you’re never going to realize people live differently than you, even if they aren’t Einstein and barely made it through life. :lol: I never said I went to Harvard or studied quantum physics. This is play time where I post the dumbest shit I can think of.
Ok, ok, I take it back. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:35 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm
If you want to be the next Justin Bieber-esque pop star, its probably mainly luck and timing. If you want to be a band like, I don't know, Symphony X, I find it hard to believe their success is attributed to luck or even timing. If you grind out for twenty years releasing classic albums, you will cultivate a following eventually.
Yeah, Symphony X is quite an outlier. They formed and released their first album in 1994, but they didn't begin touring until 1998! :shock: It gives me hope knowing that if a band is capable of releasing high quality music for decades, that they will eventually gain a sizable following, because that is far easier than relying purely on luck.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm
First things first- my friend, we need to work on developing some musical breadth. You are clearly a huge lover of music, but seems you have limited yourself to Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, and Labyrinth albums. These are some fantastic bands, but there are probably at least a dozen bands of similar caliber that you will love! Of course, as an egoist I am more than happy to provide recommendations.

Angra - Holy Land, Temple of Shadows (lots of other good ones too). This should be your highest priority!
Dream Theater- Images & Words
Royal Hunt - Paradox (and maybe Fear) albums
Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Power of the Dragonflame
Blind Guardian - Lots of good albums (really just a matter of taste, I like the newer symphonic stuff the most.)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys (you MUST have at least heard this one), and most of the 90s albums with Deris
.... and then we can get into the classics. Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow.
You are right! :lol: I don't listen to too many bands, but I listen to a gigaton of video game music; it's like my life source! :lol: I've heard of all of those bands, except for Royal Hunt. I've listened to a number of Black Sabbath albums, a couple Deep Purple albums, and one (or two? Can't remember) Rainbow album. Yeah, I've listened to the Keeper albums, Walls of Jericho, and The Dark Ride, from Helloween. I'll listen to your recommendations eventually, but I'm just so lazy. :lol: I also need to be in the right mood.
Pancio wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 pm
For example, I'm not very telented in music and even with a lot of effort in a music school and at home my abilities are strucked above the average but way below some guys with an innate talent (even with compositions, I know theory and stuff but cannot write at all).
Here's some potpourri about music theory, analysis, and some additional thoughts:

I've always found a I-iii progression to be both triumphant and beautiful. I like to use it in choruses for that reason.

Here's a full progression:
I-iii-IV-V-I-iii-IV-V-vi-iii-IV-iii6-vi-iii-IV-V-I

As you can see, it iterates twice, with a half cadence, then leads into a deceptive cadence for the bridge, then ends with a perfect authentic cadence. It's very good for bittersweet victory music. Of course, that is only the chord progression. The melody is what will really help drive that message home. This is not a strict rule, but for the rhythm of the melody, try to keep it the same, maybe even during the bridge, as it helps the flow of the song (sorry if that doesn't make sense; it's hard to explain correctly without uploading an example).

I've never really found that music theory helped me write better songs, but it is useful if you want to understand terminology and analysis of certain aspects in songs. To be honest, I've actually forgotten a lot of it, because I don't use it often. I've found that I've gotten the most mileage out of following my gut instincts while writing music, based on what I've learned over the years.

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:33 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:02 am
Ok, ok, I take it back. :lol:
*Hits crack pipe*

I'm on a different dimension than you, bro. Don't try to understand.

You: Posts about other people having a lower IQ than himself
Me: Listens to Wham! Wake me up before you go go at 4:30 AM while playing scientifically valid cognitive games and watching math lectures

Checkmate, ATHEISTS!!!

PS
https://www.expres.cz/celebrity/timo-to ... sph_expres

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:00 pm

Tolkki is at horrible shape and more worried I would be about his physical thsn mental health. He's visibly at least 50kg overweight, he doesn't sleep enough, eats junk food and drinks too much. And he's 53 years old which is not young anymore. In every aspect he's a walking warning sign how you shouldn't live your life.

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Only thing that I want is: at my funeral when they’re lowering me down into my grave, for them to project that video on loop of him going into the pool and then swimming away on my casket.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm

I thought it was a porno lol. Like the ones from the Czech Republic trying to break a deal with a random girl by showing her a bunch of money.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Damn, thats not good, sports might help, but the real problem is clearly the diet.
A9