Is Dreamspace weird?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
robocop
Re: Is Dreamspace weird?

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 am
this is what i mean when I say low IQ. You seem to get overwhelmed and frustrated with text very easily. Just skim through it in a couple minutes if you like, and take a deep breath. What's the problem?

I am not going to waste my time. Who said I didn’t read it? Way too many assumptions. Why does it matter to you about other people’s IQ’s?? Talk about somebody who looks down on people!! We can’t be all high and mighty over there drinking kava or whatever you do. Plus, I am on my phone. I am only on my pc to record music. Imagine typing out a love letter to
pancio on an old iPhone.

12th edit:
Any IQ impairment is not only from being an uneducated hillbilly. I actually have a mental disability through the schizo spectrum.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Man, I love reading a good ol' Pancio post! Very interesting. :D
robocop wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:00 pm
Ok. Going to keep it brief. It’s not typical for the regular listener to go full blown autism over such things. Take a step outside of it all to realize people don’t ruminate over these things, they just listen. :lol: Ok, obsessed musicians, ok, ok. I know.
To be fair, your question wasn't typical of a casual listener, so don't expect a casual response. ;)

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:41 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 pm

To be fair, your question wasn't typical of a casual listener, so don't expect a casual response. ;)
Hahaha, well, I’m just not as obsessed with things as you guys, that’s all. Probably older, too.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:03 am

robocop wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 am
this is what i mean when I say low IQ. You seem to get overwhelmed and frustrated with text very easily. Just skim through it in a couple minutes if you like, and take a deep breath. What's the problem?

I am not going to waste my time. Who said I didn’t read it? Way too many assumptions.
Nobody said you didn't read it. Anyway I was just being snarky, hope there are no hard feelings! Sorry about that.

Just because a man is fascinated with buttholes and dildos doesn't mean we need to draw untenable conclusions.

And yes, the post was made under the influence of Kava. Lucky guess!
Hahaha, well, I’m just not as obsessed with things as you guys, that’s all. Probably older, too.
You are probably right about that! Now lets make peace and get back to discussing cum lattes and Timo Tolkki's anus.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:32 am
is sad that he ends his life half crazy, he have a lot talent,but really he is one idiot, for that i'm decepcionated, he have all in his hand and fuck it out.

You know you've gone off the rails when Flavio thinks you're an idiot. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm

I've got no clue what the fuck is going on here.

Is Dreamspace weird or not?? :red:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Pancio wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 pm
Yes, Dreamspace is weird. The reason? Microtonal tuning is not common in western music and we don't know if on Dreamspace is a deliberated choice or if there are other reasons (production error, mastering error or stuff).
:spin3: The thread has devolved into random bullshit, as per usual. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Maaan....it’s like, WE are the ones that are weird, bro. *hits bong filled with cat shit*

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:03 am
Now lets make peace and get back to discussing cum lattes and Timo Tolkki's anus.
Ok. Happy Valentines Day, asshole!! :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:38 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:21 pm
I can hardly understand what Tolkki is saying because of the crappy microphone he's speaking into
I did a 30 minute phone interview with Jens once where I was on the phone with someone at EarMusic who just turned on speakerphone in the same room where they had Jens on cellphone. I think he understood my questions but I couldn't make out a word he said either at the time or on the recording
They let us have signatures on this forum???

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Rebel wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:38 pm
ZenithMC wrote:
I can hardly understand what Tolkki is saying because of the crappy microphone he's speaking into
I did a 30 minute phone interview with Jens once where I was on the phone with someone at EarMusic who just turned on speakerphone in the same room where they had Jens on cellphone. I think he understood my questions but I couldn't make out a word he said either at the time or on the recording
Are you still involved in music journalism?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:46 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 pm
Rebel wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:38 pm
ZenithMC wrote:
Are you still involved in music journalism?
I'm at nirvana where basically I'm in retirement unless there's an album I really want to hear in which case I know enough people from over the years to be like "Hey, I wanna review the new Haken" and I get it from the press pool. It's funny too because the editor I worked with for almost my entire active career radicalized into a bigoted piece of shit over the last few years and I cut contact, but I networked well enough that I know a bunch of other people who know I'm a good writer and have access

working on a review for this puppy rn

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 pm

I told you all, kiddos, Dreamspace is fat.... FAT!!! >=(

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Rebel wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:46 pm
It's funny too because the editor I worked with for almost my entire active career radicalized into a bigoted piece of shit over the last few years and I cut contact
Considering you're a hardcore lefty that could mean almost anything :lol: But i'm sorry that this didn't work out. We are all very polarized these days and I don't think Donald Trump is really the reason- he is more a symptom.

Music journalism actually sounds like a very fun career / hobby. To be a critic in general, actually. Hope whatever you're doing now is rewarding and fun, you've been missed around here. :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:33 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Rebel wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:46 pm
It's funny too because the editor I worked with for almost my entire active career radicalized into a bigoted piece of shit over the last few years and I cut contact
Considering you're a hardcore lefty that could mean almost anything :lol: But i'm sorry that this didn't work out. We are all very polarized these days and I don't think Donald Trump is really the reason- he is more a symptom.

Music journalism actually sounds like a very fun career / hobby. To be a critic in general, actually. Hope whatever you're doing now is rewarding and fun, you've been missed around here. :)
Yeah don't tell the hardcore lefties that. They all think I'm a cryptofascist for helping build the Yang Gang from the ground up.

Also for the editor, we're talking radical traditional Catholic Orthodoxy. As bizarre as it was hateful. To be honest I don't think Trump had anything to do with it, he was always the type of person who had to believe he was better than people and he had to be able to PROVE it. For years that manifested as knowing more about power metal than anyone else, which is a funny if banal way to express your shittiness. Once he had a kid though, that dogmatic impulse had to move to something more consequential.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 am

Rebel wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:33 am
he was always the type of person who had to believe he was better than people and he had to be able to PROVE it. For years that manifested as knowing more about power metal than anyone else
LMAO! :lol:

What an incredibly stupid yardstick.

Human egos kind of remind me of the "look-elsewhere effect" or "multiple comparisons" problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look-elsewhere_effect

We are all so competitive and eager to dominate each other, and there are so many shitty metrics to use to justify our superiority, that chances are we will find a way.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:02 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 am
Rebel wrote:
he was always the type of person who had to believe he was better than people and he had to be able to PROVE it. For years that manifested as knowing more about power metal than anyone else
LMAO! :lol:

What an incredibly stupid yardstick.

Human egos kind of remind me of the "look-elsewhere effect" or "multiple comparisons" problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look-elsewhere_effect

We are all so competitive and eager to dominate each other, and there are so many shitty metrics to use to justify our superiority, that chances are we will find a way.
It was bizarre enough that you could just not take him seriously about it until it made that dramatic shift

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:35 am

Rebel wrote:
I have to admit, this is hysterical! Of all the things... :rotflmao1:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:35 am
Rebel wrote:
My fondest memory of his shit was when the first Gloryhammer album got sent out to press and he was in love with it, and then it came out and everyone else loved it and his opinion flipped on its head. "Oh yeah, it was good the first time I heard it but it really doesn't hold up (I can't bear to like popular things)"

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:00 am

Rebel wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am
ZenithMC wrote:
Rebel wrote:
My fondest memory of his shit was when the first Gloryhammer album got sent out to press and he was in love with it, and then it came out and everyone else loved it and his opinion flipped on its head. "Oh yeah, it was good the first time I heard it but it really doesn't hold up (I can't bear to like popular things)"
hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do kind of relate in a very small way though. If Stratovarius became a mega mainstream band, I would probably be demanding some kind of recognition for liking them before everyone else. :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:00 am
Rebel wrote:
ZenithMC wrote:

I do kind of relate in a very small way though. If Stratovarius became a mega mainstream band, I would probably be demanding some kind of recognition for liking them before everyone else. :lol:
I like when stuff I liked gets popular because it validates my tastes, he would actively stop liking something if it got too popular

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 am

Rebel wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:00 am
Rebel wrote:

I like when stuff I liked gets popular because it validates my tastes, he would actively stop liking something if it got too popular
:lol: :lol: :lol: you seemed genuinely traumatized by this clown

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 am

Rebel wrote:
You know, I'm guilty of that mentality...

I remember watching Rick and Morty a number of years ago and thinking, "this show's pretty good," but then Pickle Rick flooded the internet and became a massive normie meme, and it really somehow ruined my enjoyment of the show. All I could think about when I thought about the show were the people constantly saying "Look at me, I'm Pickle Rick, lulz," and it irritated me and cringed me out. It's petty as hell, but it's true. :oops: :oops: :oops: It's so embarrassing to talk about this! :lol:

However, if Stratovarius ever became mega popular, I don't think I would think differently of them... well unless people started chanting shit like "Look at me, I'm toilet-splodin' Jens!" Then all bets would be off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 am
Rebel wrote:

I remember watching Rick and Morty a number of years ago and thinking, "this show's pretty good," but then Pickle Rick flooded the internet and became a massive normie meme, and it really somehow ruined my enjoyment of the show. All I could think about when I thought about the show were the people constantly saying "Look at me, I'm Pickle Rick, lulz," and it irritated me and cringed me out. It's petty as hell, but it's true. :oops: :oops: :oops: It's so embarrassing to talk about this! :lol:

However, if Stratovarius ever became mega popular, I don't think I would think differently of them... well unless people started chanting shit like "Look at me, I'm toilet-splodin' Jens!" Then all bets would be off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are telling me people don’t come up to you and talk about Jens and the exploding toilet when wearing strato merch? Weird!! I had some guy ask me if I knew why Kotipelto doesn’t play live shirtless anymore!! Seriously!! He asked if I knew how much he could bench press. I gave him my aim screenname so he could give me more info about the workout routine of the band.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:37 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 pm
ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 am
Rebel wrote:

You are telling me people don’t come up to you and talk about Jens and the exploding toilet when wearing strato merch? Weird!! I had some guy ask me if I knew why Kotipelto doesn’t play live shirtless anymore!! Seriously!! He asked if I knew how much he could bench press. I gave him my aim screenname so he could give me more info about the workout routine of the band.
Yeah that happened.

No one ever recognized my metal shirts.

Some guy approached me in the gym when I was wearing my helloween shirt last year, but somehow he thought it was a scorpions shirt. And he only knew one of their albums (scorpions).

That happened once with black Sabbath too. Some guy was like "bruuhhhhh!" Was kind of annoying because this band is so mainstream that bonding over it seems kind of bizarre

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:37 am

Yeah that happened.

No one ever recognized my metal shirts.

Some guy approached me in the gym when I was wearing my helloween shirt last year, but somehow he thought it was a scorpions shirt. And he only knew one of their albums (scorpions).

That happened once with black Sabbath too. Some guy was like "bruuhhhhh!" Was kind of annoying because this band is so mainstream that bonding over it seems kind of bizarre
A10 walking around the gym locker room hanging dong and whipping asses with wet towels!! :shock:

Wearing a strato shirt somebody will point at me and go, HEYYY Stratocaster!!!! :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 am

robocop wrote:
You are telling me people don’t come up to you and talk about Jens and the exploding toilet when wearing strato merch?
I only have one Stratovarius shirt, which came with the Elements Pt 1 & 2 re-release ultimate collection (whatever it was called). :lol: I wore it pretty often in high school, but nobody there knew who on Earth Stratovarius was. There was one girl who was into Nightwish, but they are more mainstream, so I wasn't too surprised. I also have a Metallica Ride the Lightning shirt and a Sonata Arctica hoodie. :lol: Those are my only band merch.

It's funny, in my high school music history class, we had to present a song and talk about its meaning. As the mute badass that I was, I presented Stratovarius' Holy Light, and talked about how it was about life, death, afterlife. Some of the people there seemed genuinely interested in Stratovarius after I showed them that song, including the teacher, who likened it to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :D
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:37 am
There was one awkward interaction, again in high school, where some kid approached me from behind and said something like, "Duuuuuuuude! Your hair's so cool and metal! Do you like Black Sabbath? Oh man, they are my favorite band. You play any instruments, man? Right ooooooon!" The guy was donned all in black with, maybe even dyed black hair, and covered in Black Sabbath merch and had a real "dude bro" personality. :lol: I, being the sperg that I was, kind of just nodded or answered with simple "yes/no" responses because I was more focused on getting to class on time. :lol: :roll:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 am
robocop wrote:
You are telling me people don’t come up to you and talk about Jens and the exploding toilet when wearing strato merch?
I only have one Stratovarius shirt, which came with the Elements Pt 1 & 2 re-release ultimate collection (whatever it was called). :lol: I wore it pretty often in high school, but nobody there knew who on Earth Stratovarius was. There was one girl who was into Nightwish, but they are more mainstream, so I wasn't too surprised. I also have a Metallica Ride the Lightning shirt and a Sonata Arctica hoodie. :lol: Those are my only band merch.

It's funny, in my high school music history class, we had to present a song and talk about its meaning. As the mute badass that I was, I presented Stratovarius' Holy Light, and talked about how it was about life, death, afterlife. Some of the people there seemed genuinely interested in Stratovarius after I showed them that song, including the teacher, who likened it to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. :D

I used to wear a strato shirt so like I said...I was in a bar and people would try to say stratovarius drunk. They be like what’s your shirt say??? Str...strat...Stratocaster!!!! Ya man rock on!! :lol:

Now back in my high school, that was when numetal was popular. Angry kids wearing slipknot shirts and etc. Rare you would see a slayer shirt on a troubled kid that was getting arrested and skipping school to go get high in the woods. :lol: Maybe a few metallica shirts also. For my senior project I wrote out html on the chalkboard making a website. :lol: I’d rather talk about a song tbh. These kids didn’t understand it with my weird way I talk and present myself in front of a class.

Ps.
Should have gotten the nightwish girl pregnant. :D

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 pm

robocop wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am
Now back in my high school, that was when numetal was popular. Angry kids wearing slipknot shirts and etc. Rare you would see a slayer shirt on a troubled kid that was getting arrested and skipping school to go get high in the woods. :lol:
Yeah, in my high school there were tons of people into rap, pop, some into pop-punk and nu-metal, and very few into traditional heavy metal. I remember seeing people wearing slipknot shirts in high school too. My one friend was into jazz, and I found that funny because of how rare that was there. :lol: Another friend of mine was into pop-punk. He had a peculiar fashion sense (ripped denim stuff). :shock: He was a nice guy, though, and he constantly made SpongeBob references. :lol: It's funny, my entire grade made SpongeBob references now that I think about it.
robocop wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am
Ps.
Should have gotten the nightwish girl pregnant. :D
She was cute, but I wasn't exactly a smooth operator. :lol: I had a tendency to sit in my chair and give people death stares. :evil: I believe she had a boyfriend at the time. She was in my music theory class and she kicked my ass at musical interval baseball. Determining intervals are easy for me, but I make every possible silly mistake when I'm under pressure... :oops:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 am

Since we are talking about shirts and stuff, they just opened a new webshop. :D

www.backstagerockshop.com/stratovarius

I can't really afford any, maybe somebody else can here. 8)

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:28 am

robocop wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 am
Since we are talking about shirts and stuff, they just opened a new webshop. :D

www.backstagerockshop.com/stratovarius

I can't really afford any, maybe somebody else can here. 8)
I ordered "Infinite" and "Logo" t-shirt plus Polaris on vinyl, since mine is cracked for unknown reasons, and the price is pretty decent: 80 euros for three items, including shipping, is better than EMP or other online shops :shock:

I should have saved money since I've bought some stuff for my home studio (I'm going to open a rehearsal room/recording studio) but, in my mind, this is the best way to support the band during these dark days :cry:

P.S.: I will check every answer I missed during last week, sorry for the delay but I'm pretty busy during daytime :|