Which former Stratovarius bassist, guitarist, drummer or keyboard player was/is the most confused by this forum

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Which former Stratovarius member was/is the most confused by this forum

Staffan Stråhlman
17%
Jari Behm
50%
Jyrki Lentonen
17%
John Viherva
No votes
Antti Ikonen
17%
Tuomo Lassila
No votes
Mika Ervaskari
No votes
Sami Kuoppamaki
No votes

Total votes: 6

Rebel
Which former Stratovarius bassist, guitarist, drummer or keyboard player was/is the most confused by this forum

Post by Rebel » Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm

I've left off anyone you may have strong feelings about. Also keep in mind that Mika Ervaskari died in 2005
They let us have signatures on this forum???

ZenithMC

Re: Which former Stratovarius bassist, guitarist, drummer or keyboard player was/is the most confused by this forum

Post by ZenithMC » Wed May 13, 2020 12:37 am

What do you mean by "most confused"? :? I know of everybody in the poll, so I don't feel I'd misrepresent any of them.

Staffan Stråhlman was the original guitarist for Stratovarius. That's all I really know about him. :lol:
Rebel wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm
I've left off anyone you may have strong feelings about.
I feel very strongly about Jari Behm! :lol:

Jari Behm is the only one I remember being used as a joke around here, just because he was in the band for such a short time, was photographed and acknowledged (on the packaging) as the bassist for Twilight Time, and yet never performed on the studio recording. He actually talked about the circumstances surrounding this on his YouTube channel. I learned a lot about Behm from his channel and his bass playing skills are impressive.

Jyrki Lentonen was the bassist during the Fright Night era.

John Vihervä was the original bassist for Stratovarius. He went on to perform on a variety of albums after he left.

Antti Ikonen was the keyboardist from Fright Night through Fourth Dimension.

Tuomo Lassila was the original drummer from Fright Night though Fourth Dimension.

Mika Ervaskari is someone else that I know very little about. All I remember is that he and Tolkki were friends and Tolkki wanted him to be the keyboardist for Stratovarius back in the 80's. According to Wikipedia, Ervaskari was part of Stratovarius from 1984-1987, and yet the only mention of this is at the very bottom of the page; seems unusual. ??? Antti Ikonen replaced him as the keyboardist soon after. Ervaskari, I know, performed on Tolkki's Hymn to Life solo album. I believe most of the details surrounding Ervaskari were from Tolkki's book. RIP.

Sami Kuoppamäki performed drums on some of the Dreamspace songs, because Tuomo Lassila shattered his hands somehow and was unable to continue the sessions. I know that he is more of a jazz drummer, and I could definitely tell that by listening to his fills. Even his ride cymbal pattern is indicative of this. When I listen to We Are the Future, it sounds like there is a more-than-subtle swing to his bass drum playing (and it actually bugs me a lot). :lol: However, this swing is not present in Shattered.

These are the songs he performed on:
Eyes of the World
Hold on to Your Dream
We Are the Future
Tears of Ice
Shattered

adrian9

Re: Which former Stratovarius bassist, guitarist, drummer or keyboard player was/is the most confused by this forum

Post by adrian9 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:33 pm

I mix up Jyrki Lentonen and Viherva a lot,
A9

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 am

I think the answer is Timo Tolkki because that's the one who keeps making new accounts to shitpost in here and is completely surprised when he gets himself banned yet again

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu May 14, 2020 4:53 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 am
I think the answer is Timo Tolkki because that's the one who keeps making new accounts to shitpost in here and is completely surprised when he gets himself banned yet again
Has this happened recently? Because it seems like he's been away from the Stratoforum for a long time now, or at least hasn't posted here in a long time.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu May 14, 2020 4:58 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:53 am
SentineLEX wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 am
Has this happened recently? Because it seems like he's been away from the Stratoforum for a long time now, or at least hasn't posted here in a long time.
Haven't seen him in a while, no.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri May 15, 2020 11:47 pm

SentineLEX wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:58 am
Haven't seen him in a while, no.
OFFFFFF COURSEEEE!!! you live in USA and the other one in Finland.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

holy cow... i'm a genius, very smart, very smart....

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:57 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:37 am
What do you mean by "most confused"? :? I know of everybody in the poll, so I don't feel I'd misrepresent any of them.

Staffan Stråhlman was the original guitarist for Stratovarius. That's all I really know about him. :lol:
Rebel wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm
I've left off anyone you may have strong feelings about.
I feel very strongly about Jari Behm! :lol:

Jari Behm is the only one I remember being used as a joke around here, just because he was in the band for such a short time, was photographed and acknowledged (on the packaging) as the bassist for Twilight Time, and yet never performed on the studio recording. He actually talked about the circumstances surrounding this on his YouTube channel. I learned a lot about Behm from his channel and his bass playing skills are impressive.

Jyrki Lentonen was the bassist during the Fright Night era.

John Vihervä was the original bassist for Stratovarius. He went on to perform on a variety of albums after he left.

Antti Ikonen was the keyboardist from Fright Night through Fourth Dimension.

Tuomo Lassila was the original drummer from Fright Night though Fourth Dimension.

Mika Ervaskari is someone else that I know very little about. All I remember is that he and Tolkki were friends and Tolkki wanted him to be the keyboardist for Stratovarius back in the 80's. According to Wikipedia, Ervaskari was part of Stratovarius from 1984-1987, and yet the only mention of this is at the very bottom of the page; seems unusual. ??? Antti Ikonen replaced him as the keyboardist soon after. Ervaskari, I know, performed on Tolkki's Hymn to Life solo album. I believe most of the details surrounding Ervaskari were from Tolkki's book. RIP.

Sami Kuoppamäki performed drums on some of the Dreamspace songs, because Tuomo Lassila shattered his hands somehow and was unable to continue the sessions. I know that he is more of a jazz drummer, and I could definitely tell that by listening to his fills. Even his ride cymbal pattern is indicative of this. When I listen to We Are the Future, it sounds like there is a more-than-subtle swing to his bass drum playing (and it actually bugs me a lot). :lol: However, this swing is not present in Shattered.

These are the songs he performed on:
Eyes of the World
Hold on to Your Dream
We Are the Future
Tears of Ice
Shattered

My thesis about Stratovarius is that Power Metal is actually better when repressed Jazz musicians are forced to make it
They let us have signatures on this forum???