Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Stratovarius karaokes for fans!

Poll ended at Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

you like the Idea of stratovarius Karaokes?
83%
You dislike Stratovarius Karaokes?
No votes
Sorry, is my form of promote my job, i will do it the same, la la la
17%

Total votes: 6

adrian9
Re: Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Post by adrian9 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Hey! I thought that it was all crap but I'm impressed, you have certainly improved a lot , as a far as karaokes go this is really cool.
A9

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:35 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:31 pm
Hey! I thought that it was all crap but I'm impressed, you have certainly improved a lot , as a far as karaokes go this is really cool.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Sorry guyz, saint youtube turnme down 2 videos >=(

twilight Symphony again:

troubles that i got with this karaoke:

1. the score was wrong with about drums, i was to edit it in mix session listen the original sound, that I see that was recorded in Tape why i find some distortion like tape, sound a bit fat and blurry

2. I dont find the same keyboard sound, i use a realistic symphonyc library that not covered all the violin notes, i did it with a violin and viola duo, bass and contrabass duo in low notes

3. I can't ear the correct position of the instruments, i did it different

4- the guitar is a personal sound

5. i change a bit the stereo in my technique

Edit:

6. the choir is a realistic choir, not synth why? I dont know, sound more epic :mrgreen:

the other song that saint youtube deleteme was...

comments about twilight?..... :err:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:21 am

I would like for you to use new drum samples, el hermano. :wink:
( Or whatever plug-in you use.)
Try uploading to Vimeo and dailymotion if you keep having trouble with YouTube.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:27 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:21 am
I would like for you to use new drum samples, el hermano. :wink:
( Or whatever plug-in you use.)
Try uploading to Vimeo and dailymotion if you keep having trouble with YouTube.
do you think that the drums sound artificial? is a flat drum with Effects.... the drum clear sound like the Stratovarius demo :roll:

do you mean that I need to pass to Timo Tolkki style? well, he yes use samples...

my drama with this karaoke was the score, not was very faithful to the original song, yes, robo, The scores is a lottery... can be good or can be a nightmare :err:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 am

Just the toms specifically. Something like this you could

Maybe if you change the score a little bit, youtube won’t give you so much trouble?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:15 am

well maybe i'm equalizing the toms very high, toms clear sound like this, I will share a example of my clean drums, and tell me. just sound like jorg michael clean in demos, without samples.

but the same, thanks for your help, robo, you make me think about equalizers in drums

edit: well, to use sample i need copy paste the same tom sound in exactly all the drums hits in perfect position or can lose the rhythm. And timo tolkki sure don't do this job, maybe the edit engineer, or the mix engineer... :lol:

this can be a kick in the ass, really :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:39 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 am
Just the toms specifically. Something like this you could

Maybe if you change the score a little bit, youtube won’t give you so much trouble?
This is the clean drums in Twilight Symphony Fragment

looks like whatever drum.... you listen my edition in the karaokes but maybe I can build a specific EQ for the drums

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:59 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:40 pm
comments about twilight?..... :err:
I actually think this sounds badass, Mr. Ontivero!

I actually happen to like the drum sound, it sounds very 80's. Great pop to it, and a different interpretation than the original :D Overall a great work. My only comment is if maybe you could make the guitar solo in the end a bit more prominent- its my favorite part of the song.

What's next in store for us? :)

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:02 pm

I don't know yet, I need check scores and listen the original to not make me crazy after when i select the song :lol:

do you think that my drums sound vintage like 80's?

do you think that i need put less reverb and do it more modern and dry? ???

I think that the reverb make the song more hard and metal, if i do it dry not have a lot power the drums.

Stratovarius sounding like iron maiden?.... well this can sound more hard rock that powermetal ???

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:22 pm

wow, facebook popularity is a fucking strange place.... now i'm harassed by the Illuminati masonry that shout all the time HI BAPHOMET!! :shock:

this is the price to be, only a bit popular? i don't want image the life of michael jackson or brad Pitt!! including the same Jens johansson!! :shock:

this world is turning more strange day by day!!, but StratoKids!! I'm not famous!! why happen all this stuff just to an anonymous guy? :lol:

what do you think? :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Its time to speed metal at 155 rpm.... can you gang your mane and hit high notes?, can you beat to kotipelto and be the new stratovarius karaoke singer?. ok. you will have the opportunity to measure your vocal strength in "MILLENIUM" FROM INFINITE ALBUM

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:05 pm

WOW stratoKiddos!! INFINITY ALBUM IS THE MR CLIPPING MACHINE AUDIO!!

SEE THIS :shock:

hohoho!! is a true beast, extremely compressed and clipping in all parts!!! i just analyze albums thinking in Robocop words and I got a funny surprise

Stratovarius Albums that are mr clipping!!! :shock: :lol:

1. Infinite
2. Elements part 1
3. and one surprize!! ENIGMA INTERMISSION PART 2!!! :lol:

who fail here, mixing engineer or mika jussila?? :shock: :lol:

and as you know? the anti- clipping is "Fourth dimension" yes yes, a surprise... i need check others albums, but i suspect that Nemesis fail too. this album have extreme low mid frequencies boosted :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:02 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:05 pm
WOW stratoKiddos!! INFINITY ALBUM IS THE MR CLIPPING MACHINE AUDIO!!

SEE THIS :shock:

hohoho!! is a true beast, extremely compressed and clipping in all parts!!! i just analyze albums thinking in Robocop words and I got a funny surprise

Stratovarius Albums that are mr clipping!!! :shock: :lol:

1. Infinite
2. Elements part 1
3. and one surprize!! ENIGMA INTERMISSION PART 2!!! :lol:

who fail here, mixing engineer or mika jussila?? :shock: :lol:

and as you know? the anti- clipping is "Fourth dimension" yes yes, a surprise... i need check others albums, but i suspect that Nemesis fail too. this album have extreme low mid frequencies boosted :shock:
It also depends on the file you're checking/working on, I'm sure the original recording wasn't meant to clip at all; try with the .wav or .FLAC and tell us if they continue clipping (I'm too lazy to check a ripped CD, at the moment).

But the problem with a clipping track is mastering oriented

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:43 am

Pancio wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:02 am

It also depends on the file you're checking/working on, I'm sure the original recording wasn't meant to clip at all; try with the .wav or .FLAC and tell us if they continue clipping (I'm too lazy to check a ripped CD, at the moment).

the most ridiculous is that i have the mp3, this mean that not have all the data that can have a CD, mp3 lost sound! :lol:

if one MP3 at 320 kbps clip all the time, one cd, i cant imagine, and the original sound?' PFFF!!!!!! :lol:

EDIT!, Zenith tested, Infinite from CD and he told that is a Sea of clipping :err:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:27 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:43 am
Pancio wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:02 am

the most ridiculous is that i have the mp3, this mean that not have all the data that can have a CD, mp3 lost sound! :lol:

if one MP3 at 320 kbps clip all the time, one cd, i cant imagine, and the original sound?' PFFF!!!!!! :lol:

EDIT!, Zenith tested, Infinite from CD and he told that is a Sea of clipping :err:
Yes, if you test with an uncompressed rip of these songs, none of them are clipping (though some songs do reach 0 dBFS). Infinite was very very loud overall, but it wasn't clipping. Compressed audio sometimes exceeds 0 dBFS, due to the algorithms employed, and can cause some samples to peak over in the process.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 am

really?, but this not happen with Fourth dimmension.... let me see with my infinite cd :shock:

Edit: in protools clip the same, of course is not all the time but clipping happen

Infinite CD track 2 - Millenium

see the wave, is extreme :shock:

well, i need knows better about mp3. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:46 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 am
see the wave, is extreme :shock:
Okay. It looks like the waveform was heavily hard limited. It's technically different than peaking over 0 dBFS (aka clipping). At the same time, the effects of the limiting can sound similar to clipping if overdone.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:07 pm

7 days pass and my facebook are in explosion!! 1035 followers 7 days abo to 2110 followers now and counting... :shock:

looks that my karaokes is not so bad after all.... :shock:

wow this is a miracle, I always was a failure in social nets!! :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Usually my headphones start buzzing and that is when I realize the song is clipping usually. Funny thing was the self titled I did not use the uncompressed wav when I mentioned about clipping, so, that could have been my fault like usual! I think some genres of music clip the drums on purpose like those 808 “trap” hi hats in pop and rap music.

I am not a expert on these things. Like I said, my headphones buzz usually for some reason slightly if the audio is clipping.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:29 pm

robocop wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Usually my headphones start buzzing and that is when I realize the song is clipping usually. Funny thing was the self titled I did not use the uncompressed wav when I mentioned about clipping, so, that could have been my fault like usual! I think some genres of music clip the drums on purpose like those 808 “trap” hi hats in pop and rap music.

I am not a expert on these things. Like I said, my headphones buzz usually for some reason slightly if the audio is clipping.
maybe you have a very sensitive headphones

I have the shure SRH 440, ok, this headphone have flat sound, is for mix, but i think that your headphone are sensitive

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:59 pm

December 2020 has been Ontivero Wars: Flavio Strikes Back. :D May mighty Zeus deliver swift justice with his thunderbolts to any and all who dare punch to his productions. :x :twisted:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:01 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:59 pm
December 2020 has been Ontivero Wars: Flavio Strikes Back. :D May mighty Zeus deliver swift justice with his thunderbolts to any and all who dare punch to his productions. :x :twisted:
I'm already in talks with my girlfriend so that Flavio can be the father of our kids.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:01 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I'm already in talks with my girlfriend so that Flavio can be the father of our kids.
Hahahahaha! :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:39 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 pm
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:01 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Hahahahaha! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I will help crowdfund Flavio to fly from Argentina to Maryland to do the job.

PLEDGE!!!!!

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:29 pm

I have the shure SRH 440, ok, this headphone have flat sound, is for mix, but i think that your headphone are sensitive
I’ve got the Senheiser HD 280 and HD 650. The bass when I’m mixing is always tricky for me. Either there’s too much or too little. And my monitors are cheap. I just don’t think if I upgrade it would matter since my room is not acoustically treated. I do use the waves NX plugin sometimes that simulates a treated room so you can mix properly.

But with the buzzing, maybe I fucked the headphones up and broke them. I also have a pair of audio technica studio headphones, they broke and were not as durable as the senheiser.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:33 am

robocop wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 am
Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:29 pm

I’ve got the Senheiser HD 280 and HD 650. The bass when I’m mixing is always tricky for me. Either there’s too much or too little. And my monitors are cheap. I just don’t think if I upgrade it would matter since my room is not acoustically treated. I do use the waves NX plugin sometimes that simulates a treated room so you can mix properly.

But with the buzzing, maybe I fucked the headphones up and broke them. I also have a pair of audio technica studio headphones, they broke and were not as durable as the senheiser.
if your room not let you mix with monitors you can got a flat headphones and all done!

my room is small, i don't have bounce of frequencies..... you always you can use plug ins to analyze spectres and paning to knows if you are doing a good job or not, also you need test your mix in mono via plug in to knows if you are doing a good job or not! :)

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:39 am

Here we go, StratoKiddos, MIllennium Karaoke!!

was hard in edition and build all again special EQ in drums, A10 and Robocop make me Think about the drums. What i did here?

1. Build news presets for drums

2. I listen the original and is a freak mix, very noise, very loud and the most crazy, the guitars super high!!, with a lot attack, that i cant copy.... i bet that timo tolkki recorded the guitar a lot times, the guitar cant sound so insane in mutepalms!! :err:

3. the backing vocals without the lead vocals sound strange, i did my best in this

4. I add punch to the kick.... but i got soft mutepalms... this happen when one person not know a shit of guitars :mrgreen:

the karaoke, you can defeat to kotipelto... sing high that kotipelto can listen you from Finland >=(

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 pm

Nice punchy drums, yep.

How many songs did you do so far? Don’t work too hard. Got to give yourself a break to get some Argentina girls. 🇦🇷 =P

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 pm
Nice punchy drums, yep.

How many songs did you do so far? Don’t work too hard. Got to give yourself a break to get some Argentina girls. 🇦🇷 =P
I will rest today and think in the next song soon, I need make me a portfolio for possibles customers, without work i don't have a ny chance of nothing :cry:
more that I'm improving song at song, well millennium are not clipping and i discover new tricks :D

I present my Argentinian girl, Robo! i'm dead of love :luv1: