Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Stratovarius karaokes for fans!

Poll ended at Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

you like the Idea of stratovarius Karaokes?
83%
You dislike Stratovarius Karaokes?
No votes
Sorry, is my form of promote my job, i will do it the same, la la la
17%

Total votes: 6

robocop
Re: Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Post by robocop » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm
robocop wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 pm
Nice punchy drums, yep.

How many songs did you do so far? Don’t work too hard. Got to give yourself a break to get some Argentina girls. 🇦🇷 =P
I will rest today and think in the next song soon, I need make me a portfolio for possibles customers, without work i don't have a ny chance of nothing :cry:
more that I'm improving song at song, well millennium are not clipping and i discover new tricks :D

I present my Argentinian girl, Robo! i'm dead of love :luv1:

That’s my ex girlfriend from Peru.

Ps
Zenith should add his metal drums to that Flavio karaoke song! 0.0!!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 am

Zenith is busy running girls in New jersey..... :shock:

really my guitar tone sucks, i need got a solution, I don't know how the people not punch me in youtube :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:32 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 am
Zenith is busy running girls in New jersey..... :shock:
Yes, this is correct. I've got the ladies running on treadmills. Got to keep in shape, after all. 8) I have to keep it on the down-low, though, or else I might be fined 1.2 million dollars for disobeying Gov. Murphy's orders. :roll:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:25 am

well, what the fuck i will do to improve the karaokes? I don't have idea.... really!! :shock:

I got a guitarrist trick..... record the guitar multiple times!! or this is the path that biggest guitarrists of metal choice to looks "Extra Inflated"

I will face it "Under Flaming Skies" from Elysium album, but Extra Inflated... ok, is not authentic, the production fall in lots of tricks... but ok!! I dont have a real metal band!! :shock:

also I will start to apply "multiples send channel busses" in some tracks to make a specific effect, localized track in track, not massive comventional busses... you know, use a massive effects in the mix, lose clarity under my look. Actually i was against to use general Effects in tracks groups why, under my look, you will lost the complete dominion of the tracks, why? why is a general effect!! And i love have the complete dominion of my tracks!

well, the next song is "Under flaming skies" from Elysium, but extra inflated :lol:

EDIT!! THIS IS EXTRA CRAZY STUFF...... THE i READ!!

TIMO TOLKKI RECORD THE BASS 2 TIMES, ONE CLEAN AND ONE DISTORTED, WOW!!

matias Kupiainen record 6 times his guitar to sound extra inflated? :err: I read correct??
:err:

Edit 2.

ok, I will follow the metal tricks, i will record 2 bass and 6 rythm guitars, more the lead and backing guitars.... we will see if this works or i do pure shit :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:25 am
This is fairly common practice. I'm lazy, though, and will just feed one DI signal into the amp to record both the clean & distorted signals.
Motha-faka wrote:
matias Kupiainen record 6 times his guitar to sound extra inflated? :err: I read correct?? :err:
6 times? Wow! That's a lot. The idea is to create a "guitar section", something akin to a string section in an orchestra. I imagine his configuration would be 3 stems panned hard left & 3 stems panned hard right? This is only for rhythm guitar, I imagine. Multi-track recording of lead guitar is pretty rare, as you have to be very precise for it not to sound sloppy. I recorded one stem hard left & one stem hard right for my rhythm guitar.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:24 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 am
Motha-faka wrote:
This is fairly common practice. I'm lazy, though, and will just feed one DI signal into the amp to record both the clean & distorted signals.
Motha-faka wrote:
matias Kupiainen record 6 times his guitar to sound extra inflated? :err: I read correct?? :err:
6 times? Wow! That's a lot. The idea is to create a "guitar section", something akin to a string section in an orchestra. I imagine his configuration would be 3 stems panned hard left & 3 stems panned hard right? This is only for rhythm guitar, I imagine. Multi-track recording of lead guitar is pretty rare, as you have to be very precise for it not to sound sloppy. I recorded one stem hard left & one stem hard right for my rhythm guitar.
yes, i recorded 2 basses, one distorted and one clean and is a miracle, i got the jari Kainulainen sound bass 8)

do it zenith and you will got the same bass

in other path, Matias said in one interview "I use 6 or 7 layers of guitars" is a elegant form to say "I recorded 7 guitars in stratovarius and you need keep atenttion to "Under Flaming Skies" and you will listen a specie of chorus in his gruitars but happen that he mix all this guitars like one but you can listen the chorus effect on it, i recorded 6 guitars, 3 left and 3 right and i got the same effect. In other way, if matias or timo tolkki not record multiple guitars, is impossible make so fat guitar sound as stratovarius show :shock:

EDIT: other signal OF "guitar kayers " that Kupiainen said is the "guitar Scretches" that he did in "Under flaming Skies" that sound totally uneven and weak compared with the rythm guitar in general, that just is was happened with my karaokes, I recorded a single rythm guitar and sound more weak

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Extra crazy stuff!
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:59 am

this is the true matias kupiainen without metal studio Tricks. :)

is not bad guitarrist but this is the real single guitar....

of course, not knowing how to make a metal production, shit, it was never going to match what you hear from stratovarius.

and i have part of Under Flaming Skies, Mixed!! sound Fat and with a lot attack!! only, if you will record 6 rythm guitars, you need take care the saturation, paning, and not destroyd the mix with the volume, is fucking insane the mix 8)

also i got some new stuff, like analog effects and Waves plug ins pack :mrgreen:

I will upload soon the video, i'm using a lot tricks that I have in mind!! :)

with my master, the stuff will sound extra powerful, :D

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:59 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:59 am
and i have part of Under Flaming Skies, Mixed!! sound Fat and with a lot attack!! only, if you will record 6 rythm guitars, you need take care the saturation, paning, and not destroyd the mix with the volume, is fucking insane the mix 8)
Yes. Just be careful though. Those 6 rhythm guitars need to be separate performances, as that is what the trick relies on. For instance, you can't just duplicate a single performance 6 times, as that will only increase the volume of the guitar channel/buss/whatever. There needs to be subtle differences in timing (maybe pitch as well, but very subtle) between all of the takes for it to work well.

Also, when Strato performs live, Lauri will often play chords on his bass guitar in order to make the rhythm section sound huge. This is because there is only one guitar track live.

By the way, if you listen to Reign of Terror @ 13 seconds in, you can hear Tolkki screwed up the timing a bit when multitracking his rhythm guitar parts.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 am

well, I had some troubles with my new toys, well, i wanrd had puch and i don't have idea why now have all extra punch :x

I need change my technique? the stereo image that give me the analog stuff is much?, why now all is extra clear, punch and extreme high!!

the most insane is that is not clipping, i down the main volume to -6 DB and when I end to mastering, all pass to be extreme and not clipping!! :err:

I'm a bit scare... this is fucking insane and lovely.....

the karaoke, I dont have the final part, i end it directly :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Opinions? :roll:

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:30 pm

I hit a punch to the like button
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm
Flaviooo!!! I’d like to hear you try to make your own music. Just try. :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:35 pm

robocop wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Motha-faka wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm
Flaviooo!!! I’d like to hear you try to make your own music. Just try. :mrgreen:
nha, i dont know make music seriously..... :~(

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:10 pm

ok, i'm thinking that i need do other bands intercalated with stratovarius karaokes. i think that I will start to bored people it i do always the same.... :shock:

I will start do others bands too :?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 am

Ok, I dont find the correct score of bon jovi, by that i delete the post.... shit... why is so hard the job

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:22 pm

ok; im jumping mad in Argentina.... this series of Works is dedicated to my dear friend PANCIO, the italian anti timo tolkki group. >=(

this series of jobs will be a ass pain, tons of hours and with this i will put into a limit my technique, its time to face it Rhapsody of fire......

choirs, classical, sing like a classical tenor, THEATRE EXCLAMATIONS AND MORE EPIC ATISTIC STUFF.... well, I will do the most epic versions of Rhapsody with my new studio toys :mrgreen:

the song?! IS A SUPRIZE!!!, THIS WILL BE A KARAOKE TOO, BUT, ONE SIR KARAOKE :mrgreen:

FORZA ITALIA!!! FORZA ARGENTINA!! :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:30 pm

I also had problems with the Rhapsody of Fire score, which at first glance seemed perfect, but no, I had to swallow the original Audio and reconstitute part of the string section, I mean one of the tracks because the song in question has nothing else and nothing less than 2 !!, complete string sections, and when I say complete, I mean symphonically complete .... and the Brass section, which was also incomplete with melodies of musical arrangement. Today I wasted part of my time recomposing those two sections. Also the score has problems with the drums, they lack some touches of cymbals that the original does, I also have to check it, this is all score / midi writing to see if I'm not shitting it, I would need to check:

1. Classical soprano / alto, bass baritone and tenor choirs.

2. electric guitars, which are 2 but I will go to 6 rhythm guitars.

3. the keyboard and guitar solo that I don't know yet if I'm going to duplicate them or not, almost certainly because the song is too big and the DB's won't be enough to mix everything ok.

4. the bass I am going to do what timo tolkki's old stratovarius did, I will record it 2 times, one clean and one distorted, although rapsody doesn't use an effect bass apparently ... or from what I could hear

5. the recording session would begin, I am going to have to do several sessions:

A. Recording drums and instruments in general in a session that is going to be immensely large ...

B. From the Music Recording session I will have to make a demo to insert it into another session especially for the classic choirs and white voice choirs (metal) that the song has, and the exclamations that it has as a story in the middle of the song. song as if it was a theatrical monologue.

C. later the mixing session would come

d. Mastering session ....

and done... i hope...

Last edited by Motha-faka on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Dear Flavio,

Please don't stop. Your midis give me new hope in life.

Sincerely,
-Your biggest fan :wink:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:39 pm

Well, another day of sheet music repair ...
what happened now? the usual, more problems with incomplete scores but this time what I did was:

1. Finish correcting the Brass section

2. corregit symphonic timpani, which were incomplete

3. correct the Piano, but even so, there is a part that appears in the original recording that does not appear in the score and that is impossible to remove, unless it is jens johansson but he would still have problems in removing it from ear, it is about piano scales that are very deep in the mix and can hardly be heard.

4. Editing and correction of rhythmic electric guitars, the guitars had too many notes that did not appear in the original recording, mutepalm interpretation problems, where in the original there was a mutepalm, in the score they were long notes. Also trim off any excess parts that were not listed as guitars in the original audio.

5. Separate the guitar solos from the rhythm guitar line, which was mixed in the score.

6. Corrected the keyboard solo expression.

7. Correction of the classical women's choir writing, they were poorly written, the heights of the melodies did not correspond to the vocal range of a soprano and alto.

8. corrected the chorus in parts that were included in the recording and not in the score.

9. wrote a missing percussion that appeared in the audio but not in the score

It goes without saying that I use realistic symphonic orchestral and Opera libraries, I separate a bit from the keyboard work of Rhapsody of fire to get directly into opera and symphonic.

Tomorrow I will enter the solo voices and begin the recording session part 1, because it will be divided into two parts, there will also be an exclusive session for the voices and choir

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:42 am

You see guyz??, I'm handsome like Pancio and Zenith... I made a video thinking about what zenith told me on facebook, just talk and show my face a bit to ask for support for my work :lol:

is in spanish with english subtitles :shock:

about my production progress...

1. Repair missing drums.
2. add classic timpani that were missing from the score, such as a roll up of timpani that were not on the score and the original audio yes
3. I composed cymbals that were missing from the score and that featured in the original audio
4. I started with the recordings, soon I will mix a demo for the vocal session

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:09 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:42 am
You see guyz??, I'm handsome like Pancio and Zenith... I made a video thinking about what zenith told me on facebook, just talk and show my face a bit to ask for support for my work :lol:
:shock:

Excellent! I'm glad I could inspire you to make this video. :D I'd like it even more if you spoke English in your video, though. :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Great video Flavio! You are so charming when you speak in Spanish, like a football announcer. :D I can just imagine you commentating on live TV...dressed like a horse, of course...

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:23 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 pm
Great video Flavio! You are so charming when you speak in Spanish, like a football announcer. :D I can just imagine you commentating on live TV...dressed like a horse, of course...
what? :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:10 pm

ok, I did the "demo" for the next session, the voice session, 58 tracks of music only !!, it's crazy ... !! , or maximum, the list goes on down .... I took a lot of work, repairing the score and making it look like the original audio ... we'll see how this turns out .... the more difficult the classical choir is going to do more in the part of female voices

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:23 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 pm
what? :lol:
PowerfulHorse commentating a sports event!!! Gooooalllllll!!!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:32 pm

wow, it's been a week now that I'm doing the rhapsody of fire song, it really is too much work for one person, I should rest a bit from the song, get some more stratovarius which is easier and follow it when my balls are less swollen by rhapsody :lol:

I think this is going to cost me a lot, I think I chose the most complicated songs at the choir level and turn all that ball of notes and chorus into something that sounds professional, it is too much for one person, it should be too much to say that already the folder of the song weighs 60GB on disk !! a fucking madness

I could do something easier to take a break from rhapsody and do some stratovarius so I don't miss a beat of what new I learned. :mrgreen:

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Flavio you are so hard working, could you borrow me some energy and motivation? :shock:

Thanks Robocop!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm
Flavio you are so hard working, could you borrow me some energy and motivation? :shock:
you wanna knpow my secret to have high energy? ok, take your notepad of windows and write.

1. follow a goal and never quit

2. now for high energy

3. porn is prohibited

4. masturbation prohibited

5. Whores are forbidden, especially if they are Argentine and they kick your ass when they realize you have no money.

6. Drugs, alcohol and homosexuals who want to spread your hemorrhoids on the ground are prohibited, but if they send you photos of penises on Facebook like me, and that I just started with all this shit about having a 1% reputation

7. Study a lot about what you like and stop watching filthy things on the net, but if you are in Argentina where internet regulation does not exist, if you are European you are more controlled and if you are from China, communism constantly puts a finger in your ass and it won't even let you breathe.

follow those points and they will be an angel. If you don't understand a shit is why my english is a shit, or google translator is more shit why they are professionals, it's unforgivable that they do shit like that

:mrgreen:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Dear Mr. Ontivero,

Thank you for your scripture of enlightenment! I shall follow your advice and become an angel. Upward & onward; the Ontivero way!

Yours truly,
Zenith :luv1: