(G)old Russian Eagleheart Cover

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
SentineLEX
(G)old Russian Eagleheart Cover

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 am

This is from 2011 but I couldn't find any topic on it and it's pretty cool. It's Eagleheart in Russian!

The lyrics have been changed a little bit to make the meter/rhyme fit the language but otherwise it's a pretty faithful translation. One thing I particularly enjoy is that in English, the chorus begins with "heart of an eagle" and ends with "Eagleheart", whereas in this cover it's backwards, starting with "Eagleheart" and ending with "heart of an eagle".

Robocop 2.0

Re: (G)old Russian Eagleheart Cover

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Ah yes, been a while since I heard this one last time. I listened through metal bands from Russia when studying the language a bit many years ago. Was funny to hear this back then, since I didn't see the song name before it started to play. Considering Eagleheart is probably one of my least favorite Strato songs, this cover is great. Maybe it helps I don't perfectly understand the lyrics :lol:
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Re: (G)old Russian Eagleheart Cover

Post by robocop » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:23 am

Got my kvass and chebureki here. I don't know Russian but they did pretty good. I found this one before:

doctors sausage