Hymn To Life

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Hymn To Life

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:57 am

HymnToLife, as you can plainly see by the post above your first one some people can't take a joke, and their sense of humor is non-existent.I said nothing wrong in what I said--in fact, it was a compliment--a weird compliment-but, a compliment nonetheless.
I was just saying that TT&Strato's talent is lie magic, and everything they touch turns to gold. And that bit about selling his soul--anyone with a brain could see that was a joke-a lame joke,-but, a joke nonetheless.
You know how, when peole realy do good, and other people say, in fun,"Gee, you must've sold your soul!" It was just a joke.......
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lord_ZX

Post by Lord_ZX » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:20 am

Thanks for post de speech... . I have a problem with this topic... i can´t see all the pages...only appear the first page...ande the latest posts in the "post reply" page....Why? ???
Im Hunting High and Low,
Sometimes I may win,
sometimes I´ll lose It´s just a game that I play

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:39 am

One of the oldest topic threads remaining! A blast from the past--about a year ago! :)
Plus, maybe the newer members would like to post about Big Guy's really neat Album-Hymn to Life-which errs from StratoSound into a mood of its own! ;)
I listened to it today-the first time in months. And I do hope TT is feeling better...where ever he is, I hope he is at peace with himself, and his soul is stormy nevermore.....

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

eternity_strato

Re: Re: Hymn To Life

Post by eternity_strato » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:30 am

browneyedgirl wrote:

"Father" was depressing.

"father" is probably... well, IS the most personal song on that album... Read the liryx

HymnToLife

Post by HymnToLife » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:01 am

This topic is about me just because i was off 2/3 weeks ? :D ;)
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:11 am

HymnToLife wrote:
This topic is about me just because i was off 2/3 weeks ? :D ;)
You are always missed! Were you sick, or did your PC have a malfunction?
I hope you were not mad at any of us.
Welcome Back!!!!!! :rvd:

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:45 am

Hymn To Life is one of my favourite albums definitely. No need to argue (I'm not referring to The Cranberries one, now ¬¬)

NP: Timo Tolkki - Little Boy, I Miss You
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

antonio

Post by antonio » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:15 pm

hymn to life is simply a wonderful album... and KEY TO THE UNIVERSE.... :eek:
Rock and Roll.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:36 pm

antonio wrote:
hymn to life is simply a wonderful album... and KEY TO THE UNIVERSE.... :eek:
YOU'RE THE ONE does it for me! Of course, I am one of those Romantic Females! :)

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:56 pm

I like all of them a lot, but I specially like Father and Hymn To Life, this last one due to it has the Great Dictator speech in the very end. I l-o-v-e it!

NP: Scorpions - Another Piece Of Meat
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:28 am

I think it's great album. Other side of TT, recording such albums make sense, I don't understand musicans who record solo albums that are similar to their band, e.g. solo album of Joachim Cans

Notice that some songs refer to some artist, like 'Fresh Blue Waters' is in Tom Petty style, 'I Belive' makes me think of U2. Great artist participated in recording - Michael Kiske, and Sharon Den Adel in as beautiful song as she is. I like the lyrics very much, questions and doubts they include are very close to me. When I had read 'Father' lyric, I was wondering how this song might be, and it's rather two part confession: first full of anger and hate, and second one very peaceful, full of hope for forgiveness. And 'Hymn To Life' - this melody at the ned of this song I could hear to the end of my life... Thank you, Timo
and BTW - another great cover by Derek Riggs

His first solo album is more similar to Stratovarius of that times. Contains two songs, the second one, with promotion could be a hit. The rest are instrumental, a lot of experiments with sound, arrange, way of compose or play. It shows how versatile artist Timo is.
Both his solo albums are outstanding, and are great completion to Stratovarius ones.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Maka

Post by Maka » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:22 am

great pics!

Spacecake

Post by Spacecake » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:56 pm

Hymn to life is an important album to me because of it´s melancholy, yet positive and hope-giving atmosphere. At least that´s how I feel about it. Many times when things get fucked up or I´m feeling down, I start thinking about the things that Timo sings about on Hymn to life. Somehow it makes me feel better :)

And from a simply musical point of view, the album has one of the best songs Tolkki has ever written: Key to the universe. Boy, have I played along with that song!!!

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:57 am

I was very disappointed of this album. Except "The key to the universe" - which is just acceptable - and Divine - that one is really good - all other songs are just extremly boring.