Timo Kotipelto

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
NordicStorm
Sr. Member
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:46 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by NordicStorm » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:18 pm

And you can count me on neither side. I care about the music, not about who said what.
I'll say this though, it does take two to tango.
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

Vanskapt
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Vanskapt » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:23 pm

Favorite band and favorite bands.....hmm to me the music is always number one!
well...then cool image ,good friendship or whatever is a big +.

Dont forget that playing music is a job for many people and not only a hobby & passion.....the greatest thing is offcourse being able to combine this things.
Lämnar er förvirrade som fyra blinda flator i en fiskaffär

Jabi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: Post-democratic Society

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Jabi » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:39 pm

haha TT edited my post :D
Last edited by Jabi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmperorJamesI
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:39 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by EmperorJamesI » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:42 pm

Every time I read something like the first post of this thread, I like Kotipelto just a little bit more.

Does anybody else think it's ironic that Tolkki "refused" to put a single one of Koti's songs on any Stratovarius CD ever, but yet he claims KOTI is the dictator?

Way to go.
wtf is a sig.

Vanskapt
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Vanskapt » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:06 pm

Maybe Kotis songs just was crap?
Lämnar er förvirrade som fyra blinda flator i en fiskaffär

User avatar
knight_of_ni
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:32 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by knight_of_ni » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:10 pm

Just don't do anything stupid on stage man! You will embarass everyone. Playing with him like nothing is happening will make you a gentleman. But if you do "kick his ass" like you said, he will have all the right to say "see, I was right! The guy hates me for no reason!" Just don't give him that chance... Prove your point by being cool!
When I 've sat by the window
and gazed at the rain
With an ache in my heart
but never feeling the pain...

Elements
Sr. Member
Posts: 3666
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:34 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Elements » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:15 pm

Timo Tolkki, you must realise that people don't care about what happened anymore, OR who is to blame and who did what. People have accepted that you have split. Posts like this just make you seem unprofessional and make it look like you are trying to cover up for something that has happened. There is no need! So what if he does not want to rehearse with you, If I was in his shoes and you had been speaking like you have over the past month, I would not want to rehearse with you.

There are no Angels and no Devils in this Tolkki. The sooner you realise that and move on, the better for everybody.
Image

User avatar
HymnToLife
Sr. Member
Posts: 1216
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by HymnToLife » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:26 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
The truth must be known, Kotipelto is not writing about the reasons of the split because he knows EXACTLY what he is doing, like always.
He is not this guy you read from the statements or even if you have met him.
He is a first class actor putting out a great role and you guys are falling for it.
Normally people dont care about true but about image.
Sadly you in anger is better to Kotipelto image.
Why politicians got the power? Because they are good? Not because they sell a better image!
Sad but True!
Kotipelto told what ppl wanted and
90% of the people dont care if he is lying or telling the true they just care that he wrote what they want to hear!
So man Forget about it.
You can do a great new album in Stratovarius, so use your anger for this!
Please dont do this to youself!
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

Anglachel
Jr. Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:36 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Anglachel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:27 pm

Hey Tolkki

I wonder if you´ll read it,
the fact is that I became a Stratofan a short time ago... don´t ask me why, but I never felt interested in metal music till I listened your band. I´m studying Psychollogy in granada-spain and your lyrics are really impressive.

I explained it because for what I´ve watched around, there are so many.. long-terms stratofans and so, that maybe they´re taking it as a too personal affair.

And as I haven´t got that problem, I would like to throw my own light to the facts:

First, I agree with you that it´s just a rock band and that life goes on, but by the way I see all the fans movements and so, it is a nonsense to try to explain that. I mean, most of the people that have been so ... frustrated by the lineup change, probably have great empties in their lives, and make Stratovarius and things like that a good way to express themselves and to feel "significant", I think.

Second, by the way you and Jorg have spoken on the affairs with Kotipelto, and after reading his statement, I think it´s evident that he´s trying to hide something. In fact, he has released his statement just after both Jorg and you explained that there was a fight started by him, that he´s not going to the rehearsal sessions and so... he has answered saying nothing worth, only because he had no other option. In my view, he´s really acting as a good boy.

But what I wanted to tell Tolkki is that he´s playing his game! Of course, I suppose it´s unconscious, but sending rude answers through this forum and things like that make you seem "the bad boy" "the dictator" and things like that.
Instead of it, I think you should be clever - as Kotipelto is. And, if it is true that Koti was always against the majority of the band, if it is true that he started the fight..
Well, just issue an statement along with all the others band members stating it!

I think that if you´re right, if all what you say about him is true, then the other band members should support you clearly. I see your photos with Jorg and his statement as an implicit support to you, and I think it has helped you much more than all your posts here lately.

I only try to advice you, of course it´s your life, your band, your business. But I wish you the best and that´s why I wrote.

AND by the way, I´m going to PIORNO ROCK... and it seems it´ll be my first and last chance to see STRATOVARIUS live, so I hope that, with or without rehearsals we all rock that night.
Nothing like METAL to stay together

PS: Don´t punch him on the stage! it would make you really umpopular

User avatar
HymnToLife
Sr. Member
Posts: 1216
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by HymnToLife » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:33 pm

Anglachel wrote:
Second, by the way you and Jorg have spoken on the affairs with Kotipelto, and after reading his statement, I think it´s evident that he´s trying to hide something. In fact, he has released his statement just after both Jorg and you explained that there was a fight started by him, that he´s not going to the rehearsal sessions and so... he has answered saying nothing worth, only because he had no other option. In my view, he´s really acting as a good boy.

But what I wanted to tell Tolkki is that he´s playing his game! Of course, I suppose it´s unconscious, but sending rude answers through this forum and things like that make you seem "the bad boy" "the dictator" and things like that.
Instead of it, I think you should be clever - as Kotipelto is. And, if it is true that Koti was always against the majority of the band, if it is true that he started the fight..
Well, just issue an statement along with all the others band members stating it!

I think that if you´re right, if all what you say about him is true, then the other band members should support you clearly. I see your photos with Jorg and his statement as an implicit support to you, and I think it has helped you much more than all your posts here lately.
PS: Don´t punch him on the stage! it would make you really umpopular
I agree 100% with you.
The anger of Tolkki is what Kotipelto need for his game.
And it is clear that Kotipelto only made a statment because Jorg stament made Kotipelto sounds like the bad guy.
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

DruggedUnholy
Jr. Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:53 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by DruggedUnholy » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:13 pm

Last edited by DruggedUnholy on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dwarflander
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:25 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by dwarflander » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:23 pm

Well, just a thought... I don´t understand why Koti would be a bad person for not wanting to explain why the band split up? Maybe he is hurting too much, maybe he is acting...maybe...it´s none of our business? Maybe we should just accept that the two Timos are too different to get along? Maybe we should not think who is better or who is worse? Like Timo T. said: Koti is a politician, that may not be intentional deceiving. He just wants to be liked by his fellow band members and fans. What the hell is wrong with that? He just did not like the music that Stratovarius was doing any longer. Seems to me quite simple reason for wanting to either change things or leave. The reason he did not talk about the fistfight was probably because that was the result, not the reason. About the rehearsing, Koti mentioned something about personal problems. He has also just finished working on his album. Maybe he is just physically and emotionally so stressed out that he can´t handle any more arguments that would (probably) occur with other band member(s)? ???

Well, what the f**k do I know anyway...
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

omar_jacobo
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:51 am
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by omar_jacobo » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:41 pm

Tolkki, im with you. I hate the fact that he doesn't go to do some rehearsals.

He totally disrespect us!
=====================
Omar Jacobo

http://www.doomsday.s5.com
=====================

stratomario
Jr. Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:18 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by stratomario » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:43 pm

This Tolkki x Kotipelto issue reminds me of the Eddie Van Halen x David Lee Roth issue.

Anybody ever thought about that?

In fact, I was too young (13, maybe) during the Van Halen split up, but, considering what I heard and read about it, it must have been something like the Strato split up.

I don't know who's right in this case, probably anyone. Still, I tend to choose Kotipelto's side. Maybe because Tolkki is so angry lately. Seems to me that Tolkki got jealous of Kotipelto 'cause he was getting more atention. But I agree that Tolkki's songs are better than Kotipelto's, considering the first album.
Sillouettes! In the sky!

Elements
Sr. Member
Posts: 3666
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:34 pm

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Elements » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:55 pm

omar_jacobo wrote:
Tolkki, im with you. I hate the fact that he doesn't go to do some rehearsals.

He totally disrespect us!
My god, as soon as you killfile one another one pops up to take his place
Image

User avatar
StratoHeart
Sr. Member
Posts: 1324
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Sabáudia, Brazil
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by StratoHeart » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:40 pm

Timo, one more thing. You cannot accuse TK of being an actor, because all these years YOU ALL were perfect actors, saying "we are friends, the friendship grows stronger each day pass, I loved the solo album of TT/TK, there are no problems in the band, if Tolkki wants to write all the songs it's ok to me" etc, etc, etc... You know that you all gave us a false idea of what really was happening to the band, then I think that the word "actor" really works to you, TK, JM, JJ JK. And the bullshit goes on, with Miss K saying "I like blood, no problem" blah, blah, blah...

:buh:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:41 pm

If pressed I would take TTs side, but I am trying to remain neutral, also.....because this will all blow over shortly(hopefully)and we need to remain calm, with cool head. Anger&bitterness never solves a damn thing--a repetitive cliche, but a true one.
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

kenttiensankari
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:10 pm

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by kenttiensankari » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:05 pm

Mosh Champion wrote:
I dont trust Tolkki. He has suddenly started to think Kotipelto solo-album is bad but in finnish media he said once that he was proud to be in a same band with guy who is capable of doing such a good album as "Waiting for the dawn". You can count me on Kotipelto-side as to me he seems more trustworthy guy.
well, I trust what Tolkki says, he says things straight, no one would lie like that. And what comes to that proud to be in same band... maybe it was peace offering, few nice words can make miracles. Still I dont pick sides. I listen both and make my own decisions who I trust and who I dont. I`m not saying that I dont trust Kotipelto. Everybody sees things differently.
I TORE A HOLE IN THE WEB OF SANITY...
THE VERY FABRIC OF LIFE ITSELF...
BUT STILL, THIS FLESH REFUSED TO BURN.

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLO FOTOS!!

Post by gon » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:07 pm

these things happens frequently... it´s part of the rock history: Ozzy/Iommi; Blackmore, versus the rest of the world!; Harris/Dickinson... we should take this affaire not so serious any more. New era, new members, more good music. Life still goes on! Timo, don´t think more about Kotipelto. You have a lot of work to be wasting time blaming him. That´s against your business...but you are the boss.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
Sacce
Sr. Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Lahti

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Sacce » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:20 pm

Tolkki talks about Kotipelto the way he does, and has the nerve to wonder why he won't rehearse with the rest of the band? :eyes

It may be just me, but I vaguely remember Tolkki saying he liked Kotipelto's first solo album, but now he says he fell asleep while listening to it.
Et luovuttaa saa, sillä rinnassasi hakkaa... sydän metallinen!!

Lord Of Eternity
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:35 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Lord Of Eternity » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:44 pm

Think about it.
Last edited by Lord Of Eternity on Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They have started the great battle of Gods!

Lava
Sr. Member
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:49 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Lava » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:04 pm

I really don't care about the past... I'm supporting you Timo Tolkki and I'm supporting Stratovarius!!! I'm also supporting Kotipelto, but what really matters to me is the future... So, don't stay in the past... It's a loss of time... And time is very important... Just go on... You have our support!!! ;)
'...Verilko sot skefre!
Ae ske stoulega gil stouvol!'

User avatar
Taim
Sr. Member
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:30 pm
Location: Szczecin, Poland
Contact:

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Taim » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:25 pm

Lava wrote:
I really don't care about the past... I'm supporting you Timo Tolkki and I'm supporting Stratovarius!!! I'm also supporting Kotipelto, but what really matters to me is the future... So, don't stay in the past... It's a loss of time... And time is very important... Just go on... You have our support!!! ;)
I completly agree with you. It's very sad how it all ended, but it ended. It's time to move on and leave behind what belongs to the past. I have faith in Tolkki for an ass kicking album from Stratovarius, and I hope for a good piece of music from Kotipelto.
Rock on!
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Roger
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Roger » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:36 pm

I like the way that Tolkki reacts (maybe is too more emotive), but with that kind of people you can know that you will get the truth. The quietly persons are the more liars.
And in his statement, TK wrote that the problem began when he read something in the press, he not mention the fistfight.
I support all of you, but I have to say that now I trust more in the words of TT.

Keep in Metal.
Low the alcohol (not to 0, of course, find a good measure).

Herodes
Jr. Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:11 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Herodes » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:45 pm

Hi Timo!

Guess this statement was not a very good idea, also I can understand your frustration.

I also dislike Koti's statement, because it is quite wishy-washy, if you know what I mean. You are right, he tries to hide the true reasons and wants to make the fans happy by telling them facts they instantly agree with ("I always liked Visions and Episode most...") - trying to get them on his side. Not a very nice approach.

His solo album - well, I think it is okay, but it is somewhat "constructed" and not very natural. It lacks spirit, and the artwork sucks like an electrolux (maybe that's why it did arrive THAT many fans ;))

But hey, you are such a good composer and guitar player... you don't have to write statements like these to prove that you are right in a way. Your fans believe in you, anyway. :)

Think about it!

johnnyingrstrv
Sr. Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:09 pm
Location: Athens Greece
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:11 am

i dont know what to say !!!! i dont know who to believe
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Roger
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by Roger » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:25 am

Timo T., here you have some lyrics of Dream Theater that maybe make you feel better:

"I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy
To get me through the day

Seasons change and so can I
Hold on Boy
No time to cry
Untie these strings
I'm climbing down
I won't let them push me away"

"To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am "

User avatar
TheBlackRose
Sr. Member
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:01 am
Location: Chile

Re: Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by TheBlackRose » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:26 am

It's not fair to your new singer because all you're doing here is forcing her into Kotipelto's shadow and casting a stigma over her. People aren't going to say "wow, look at Katriina go - she's really something" They are going to say "did you KNOW........Tolkki said that Kotipelto this and Kotipelto that, etc." You're undermining the new singer you just hired AND dragging the Stratovarius name through the mire. I personally do not CARE who spoke the truth or not over all this split business. That fight did not happen on the pavement in front of MY house so it's nothing I care to concern with. And I think I am one of a great many taking this attitude towards it. Get on your job and shut up about this shit - you have been whinging for 3 months - that's quite enough now.[/quote]
Last edited by TheBlackRose on Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying: "Damn ...We Fuked Up".

blacklily
Jr. Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:12 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by blacklily » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:01 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
was the true dictator of STRATOVARIUS.
He was always the one who wanted his way against the majority of the band.
Blind worshipping is not good for you guys!
The truth must be known, Kotipelto is not writing about the reasons of the split because he knows EXACTLY what he is doing, like always.
He is not this guy you read from the statements or even if you have met him.
He is a first class actor putting out a great role and you guys are falling for it.
Reading his"statement" one might think why he left STRATOVARIUS at all.
Everything seems to be fine.
He was pushing everyone in the band that I would take his mediocre songs to STRATOVARIUS albums.
Even the songs that ended up there, are heavily arranged by me.
His first solo effort was so boring I fell asleep while listening to it.
He sang great though, as always.
He is still to me the greatest vocalist of all time!
But even if he would apologize me,Jens, Jörg and Jari and would show his true face and what he REALLY thinks about his fans, I WILL NEVER EVER PLAY IN THE SAME BAND WITH TIMO KOLTIOPETO AGAIN!!!
Put it this way, I will fucking kick his ass in PIORNO ROCK because he disrespects STRATOVARIUS fans by not even coming to rehearsals.
This is what your "good boy" is doing.
He doesn´t even write about the fact that he is not coming to rehearsals in his bullshit statement.
He writes about NOTHING of importance.
And you guys fall for it.
Blind worshipping is here to stay I guess.
Have a good day ladies and gentlemen.

Poor Tolkki!!!

You hate him that much?!!
Listen...If you have troubles with him, it's your problem!!
You want us to hate him, but I'm not gonna do that.
In this moment I'm having serious problems with my sister,
but I'm not telling my brother and my cousins:
"Hey, don't talk to her anymore cause she's treating me so bad
and she's lying!!"
I can't do that!! That's totally childish!!!
Even if it's true what you're saying!!!
Just forget it and go on!!
And if he doesn't want to go to the rehearsals,
maybe it's because you keep going with all this and obiously
the only thing you want is kick his ass...
And about Waiting For The Dawn...
Sorry, but I'm not agree with you: It's an amazing album!!
It's horrible the way you're trying to hurt him by crashing his work!!!

>=(

creatrix777
Jr. Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:48 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto

Post by creatrix777 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:22 am

Last edited by creatrix777 on Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply