Kotipelto+Disney!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
PsychotroN
Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by PsychotroN » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:56 am

All I can do is shake my head in disgust. Tolkki you should seriously take some time out man. You are like two different people at the moment and it doesn't look too good on your reputation. If you want to get things thrown at you on stage then you are going the right way about it. One minute you are a nice guy and then as soon as you pick up a bottle you turn into Mr. Hyde. Nothing is easy on anybody at the moment and you should seriously take some time out, get some help and then come back and take a look at what you have done and realise how crazy it sounds. :buh:
You can't make raspberry jam from shit!!

www.skymaze.co.nr
www.nightcrawler.co.nr

Painless_Cry

Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Painless_Cry » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:09 am

TimoTolkki wrote:

He should retire and just sing in Disney films.
That´s all he is good at.
cut it off... just forget him
Prisoner of desire,will stay here...
..I swear...for the pleasure of this moment and the name of lord erotica

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:25 am

Timo, excuse me, but I think that was a little bit unkind.

If Kotipelto really is that clever and trying to make you look bad, then he needs to do nothing to make you look bad, just sit by and watch.

Don't give him the satisfaction.

I recommend taking a break from the internet and having some time out before the Spain festival. Forget about the fans and forum for a week, for your sake and ours too.

Things will seem better after the first of the "old lineup" shows I think.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:30 am

Fireblade wrote:

If Kotipelto really is that clever and trying to make you look bad, then he needs to do nothing to make you look bad, just sit by and watch.

yeah, but let's not turn this around and let kotipelto look like the bad in this :err: There's no need of finding someone to blame, but if we're talking about proofs and people need someone to blame, the balance is...well, you know...

As Timo Tolkki said, Kotipelto is one of the best metal singers there is. And Timo Tolkki, you need to move on...

sobre

Post by sobre » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:32 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:
Lol yea thats right. Did you guys know that in the finnish version of the new big Disney movie Brother Bear, Kotipelto sings the lead tune and some others :)
In other words..alot of people will hear him in the cinema!

Pretty cool.

Good start... are you jealous about that? :D
My Head is Full of Heavy Metal

PsychotroN

Post by PsychotroN » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:44 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:
Lol yea thats right. Did you guys know that in the finnish version of the new big Disney movie Brother Bear, Kotipelto sings the lead tune and some others :)

Pretty cool.
Maybe you should think twice about what was said here i think. First you said he was the best vocalist around. Now all he can do is sing Disney films. While you are going about putting blood on your face and making a fucking mockery of your own web page in which there are about 600 people on it right now. I am very very disgusted by this childish shit,
You can't make raspberry jam from shit!!

www.skymaze.co.nr
www.nightcrawler.co.nr

sobre

Re: Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by sobre » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:17 pm

PsychotroN wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
Maybe you should think twice about what was said here i think. First you said he was the best vocalist around. Now all he can do is sing Disney films. While you are going about putting blood on your face and making a fucking mockery of your own web page in which there are about 600 people on it right now. I am very very disgusted by this childish shit,

Agree.... something like the Disney's Haunted Mansion..... Face spill with blood... look scary... but funny. Blood should be donated to someone who needed!

Other way Koti make step to sing Disney movie song...maybe someday there will be brand new music called Symphonic WaltDisney Power Metal...!!
My Head is Full of Heavy Metal

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:17 pm

Lilith wrote:
Fireblade wrote:

yeah, but let's not turn this around and let kotipelto look like the bad in this :err: There's no need of finding someone to blame, but if we're talking about proofs and people need someone to blame, the balance is...well, you know...

As Timo Tolkki said, Kotipelto is one of the best metal singers there is. And Timo Tolkki, you need to move on...
I agree that no-one is to blame that two people are very different and can't work together.

But I feel sad that they are both dragging the fans into their personal politics.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Stratoviking

Post by Stratoviking » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:20 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
Why are you saying this Timo????

I dont think it is funny at all
just fucking stupid
Maybe you and Kotipelto is not best friends but I dont like when people writing bad things about other
do your thing, and respect Kotipelto
Fight fight for the things you
belive in, never give up
fly your own way!!!

D-Iivil

Post by D-Iivil » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:27 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
And if that's truly your opinion, why did you "hire" Kotipelto in Stratovarius at the first place?

Sorry to say, but you just sound pitiful with your childish comments.

Legions

Post by Legions » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:46 pm

Tolkki wrote:::::::::: He should retire and just sing in Disney films. cuz thats all hes good at.
wow tolkki, from what you said in your interview, you could understand why kotipelto wouldn't want to sing and rehearse with you.

but then you come out trying to be all big like some kind of badass, and then you make fun of kotipelto

just like someone else said, why did you hire him in the first place if he is only good at singing in disney films.

you need to grow up and stop being stupid, your ruining your self you moron.

Your even the one who said you think Kotipelto is the best singer ever.

wow!

Miss K has some big shoes to fill (i doubt she can compare to Kotipelto)!

well timo, go buy some vodka, get drunk and do whatever it is you do.

nobody cares anymore
Sun is shining,
sky is so blue,
and filled with hope its promising,
because my life is taken....

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:49 pm

have you noticed people that Tolkki never wrote in the forum and when he started writting it was to write thing about kotipelto??

I don't know what it's going on, but this is a childish attitude.

he wrote here and he has not replied yet...
Prisoner of desire,will stay here...
..I swear...for the pleasure of this moment and the name of lord erotica

iron_thunder

Re: What the fuck is wrong with people??

Post by iron_thunder » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:54 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.

um... even though you said he's one of the best Metal singers out there?

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Dreamspace

Post by Dreamspace » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:43 am

It's so horrible that people who used to be friends are now saying things like "All he's good at is singing in Disney movies". I think this "Tolkki-Kotipelto divorce" is accompanied by the biggest shit-fight I've seen in YEARS! Sad, really... :(
Forsvinn du som lyser over mitt folk!

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:31 pm

Jodwin wrote:
He could do a duetto with Arja Koriseva for next upcoming Disney flick.

I wouldn't watch/listen it. :D
I would. AK is the (wo)man! 8)

OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:31 pm

well i personally have some other visions for koti !i think that it would be better if he was joining the looney tunes team....!
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Monique

Post by Monique » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:26 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
Hi Timo,

if the disney movies are everything that Kotipelto is good for then I wonder why you let him sing for 10 years in your band?!
Then Stratovarius is in your opinion nothing more than a band that is good for children movies and nothing else?
Oh yeah. First I felt really a soft point for you 'cause everybody says that you are ill and need some help.
But your only problem is that you are a big asshole.
You are jealous because most of the fans stand behind Kotipelto.
Nevertheless good luck with Miss K.
When Disney is making a new Lilo and Stitch movie she can appear as a vampire, that's all she is good for!!! :buh:

Mourner of Darkness

Post by Mourner of Darkness » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:33 am

loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
Yeah, that is real cool and fun for him but he can go to hell. >=(
Before I was with him but now I am against him because of his bad behavior but I wish him a good future with his solo where he can continue selling the few CD's he is selling there
Metal will live FOREVER!!

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:35 am

Has any of you critics, who are saying that TK did make a mistake ever leaving Stratovarius, thought about this.
Leaving a successful band doesn't mean that his solo albulms will suck.
Look at STING, POLICE was quite a success at its time. When they broke up...
Well who today hasn't ever heard STING. :eek:

And one thing more: Those peolpe who listen heavy metal music can easily start listenig TKs solo albums, because they have already heard him sing.
And after that Disney movie possibly more people that have ever heard Strato will have heard TK. (Because in DVD there will most likely be the song combination where song from different language versions are combined.)
And if they like TKs voice/singing, think about the publicity he'll get.

The result... Well you do the math...

Mourner of Darkness

Post by Mourner of Darkness » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:29 pm

I was not talking about him leaving Stratovarius; THE KINGS OF POWER METAL!! And just as a remembrance to you: He didn't leave Stratovarius, he was fired because of a fight and because of really childish behavior. I wish him good luck in the future but he is a wimp anyways.
Metal will live FOREVER!!

empi

Post by empi » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:42 pm

Mourner of Darkness "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil"

TT said it thousand times that he and TK agreed that it is better for both when TK leaves the band . Nobody was fired!!

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:18 am

Mourner of Darkness wrote:
I was not talking about him leaving Stratovarius; THE KINGS OF POWER METAL!! And just as a remembrance to you: He didn't leave Stratovarius, he was fired because of a fight and because of really childish behavior. I wish him good luck in the future but he is a wimp anyways.
Yea dude he wasnt fired. So get your facts straight before speaking.
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

Alexx

Post by Alexx » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:40 am

Tolkki did say once and I agree with him, that Kotipelto is one of the best singers. There's no doubt about it, but the guy seriously has no fucking idea where he's standing. Pffft... disney flicks :eyes --P L U E A S E E E !!! :buh:
Last edited by Alexx on Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killing is My Business...And Business is Good!

\\m/

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:23 am

You all seem to think singing in a Disney film is a step down for Timo. Disney has always used great great voices in their movies. Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera (say what you want but she does have an awesome voice), Elton John. Hell even the chick who sang for the Little Meremaid. Her voice was amazing. Timo should feel honored that they thought of him. Plus it will expose his voice to many people who would have never heard him otherwise and how can that be bad?

As for what TT said, maybe we are seeing the real reason why their relationship went to shit. I'm beginning to doubt if TK had anything to do with it at all. Put down the bottle my friend, you are a better man than this...

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:33 am

[/quote]
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

voi_vittu_bre!!!

But Disney SUCKS!!!

Post by voi_vittu_bre!!! » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:43 am

What is this??? Do you people know that Comcast, a major Digital Cable TV and Internet Access provider in the US wanted to buy Disney? A CABLE COMPANY WAS GOING TO BE THE NEW HOME OF MICKEY MOUSE!?!?!?!?!?!?

Please! I would rather have Kotipelto sing some half-way decent metal song (just remember the intro song for "Power Rangers" which I believe was performed by Megadeth - not that they can hold a candle to Stratovarius, but they are a pretty decent band - I even saw them live - though I don't approve of their "Crush" era, which was when I saw them) on a Japanese Manga cartoon with a lot of fire magic and kung-fu.

Disney was worth something long ago, when Mickey Mouse was still young, before some of us were born.

Now Disney is a rotten hut full of old and tired people who still think that they are creative, and they go all over the world and take every fairytale they can find and turn it into a cheesy, second-rate cartoon that I would not allow even my dog to watch.

I have been to Disney World Resort in San Diego (or was it L.A.?) and do you know how much the entry cost for one day? $43!!! That's almost €35!!! I went in, to see the miracle, but the lines for rides were too long to make it worthwhile, and the miracle simply wasn't there.

What is the name of Disney's new hit cartoon? Lion King 1 1/2. It tells the story of a wild boar and some other animal - what were they doing while the little lion was growing up. Absolutely pathetic!!! These people need to be hung, drawn, and quartered, and then thrown to the crocodiles, but I feel sorry for the crocodiles because they will have diarrhea afterwards.

That is what I think of Disney - it just needs to cease to exist, and to stop poisoning little children around the world about how everything in life is nice and how everything has a happy ending - and poor is what I think of Kotipelto if he ended up singing for them. Timo Tolkki said this for a reason: "We eat metal, and we shit chains!!!" And saying that makes him a king in my eyes. The only thing anyone should sing for Disney is a nice horrible evil death metal song on their funeral.

Hawg! I have spoken!!!
Fram rider trollens kung
med vargbroder ut på jakt
Allt levade flyr, fä och frände
blodet skall dranka denna ensliga trakt!

Utav mörket i sin evika sal,
han ger sig ut, en törst att släcka
Gär skyndas de fram på krokiga ben,
Flera liv att tas, hundra ben att knäcka!!

Så står trackten dyster och mörk,
solen stiger inget liv att skåda
Underjorden firas en lyckad jakt,
sedan igen sekler tystnad råda!!!

- Finntroll, Jaktens Tid

Ajek

Post by Ajek » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:56 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
loztdignity wrote:

Pretty cool.
In my opinion TT was just kidding to raise our humor
Avere i piedi per terra è il primo passo per volare

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:20 pm

[/quote]
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

stratomario

Post by stratomario » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:29 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
Perhaps you should worry about keeping your band alive instead of criticizing a guy who is largely responsible for your success.
Sillouettes! In the sky!

Natas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kotipelto+Disney!

Post by Natas » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:55 pm

loztdignity wrote:
BadGenome wrote:
loztdignity wrote:
BadGenome wrote:
That's pretty cool! Like when Jorn Lande sang the Olympics theme! :)
what!??
Right here!

wow!!
is he big in Norway? I love his voice
http://home.online.no/~n-johano/ftdagkolsrud2002.htm
I think it would be hard for you to find a Norwegian metal fan who doesnt know Jörn! :) He's our best singer!