NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:35 pm

Listen to it at on of these Links!

http://www.metalyou.com/band/stratovarius/

http://www.metalmeltdown.com/

At interview Section....
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:23 pm

Well--is anyone going to comment on the content? ???
I have not listened because it takes so long for my WebTV to download audio. I'll listen to it later when I have an hour to spare! :)

I love to listen to those sexy Finnish accents! ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:37 pm

Shit... I can't listen to it here. >=( We've got a firewall and we can't dowload videos, songs, nothing... I asked the admin to help me, but he said "that won't be possible". :buh:
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:40 pm

Well I think that things are looking up, even though he hasn't decided yet, it's very possible that he'll be back in Stratovarius. Everyone else is onboard except him and Jorg. And it looks like Jorg's coming back ONLY if Kotipelto'll rejoin Strato, kinda like a package deal, but nothing 100% sure. For him every chance to play live is a good way of maintaining his voice fit (probably keeping the engines runnin' for Strato :D ). Also now he enjoys singing a bit lower, this combined with the fact that Timo T. changed (or so he noticed) makes me belive that is there's going to be a future Stratovarius album it'll sound quite a bit different that what we're all expecting... ??? :err:
Like the Phoenix I rise...

Terska

Post by Terska » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:29 pm

A very long interview.. Kotipelto gives long answers and also talks about the stratovarius situation..
Old School

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:12 pm

Pretty interesting, mainly the part about the situation with Strato atm...

It´s about 12 MB, so this should be ok to download for all ;)
Delusions Of Grandeur

skar

Post by skar » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:50 pm

After listening the major part of the interview i could not stop thinking that the decisions about stratovarius future has allready been made.

For some reason they just dont inform their fans >=(

Kotipelto seems to prefer his solo-career this time and who could blame him. Album coldness was quite good only lyrics need more "stratokind of style"
"Se saatanan hurri on oikeasti juuri niin hieno mies kuin voi olettaa. Ei tosiaan lapsille sopiva, mutta kyllä muille. Ja hulluhan se on." (www.juho.com)

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:50 pm

it was pretty cool but sometimes koti was talking a bit sleepy and he simmed as he was bored of giving interviews(is it written like that) he talked about strato without being asked!!!but it was nice just listening to his nice voice! ;)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

cliff

Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by cliff » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:50 pm

Kotipelto album is Kotipelto album. not a Stratovarius album.
Last edited by cliff on Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b>This is wrong</b>

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:10 am

i must say that he is expanding his mind
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:22 am

johnnyingrstrv wrote:
i must say that he is expanding his mind
Image :bandit:
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:35 am

It seems the Intevie is too long for my WebTV to Process! :pissed:

Funny--I have been able to listen to TTs interview, but it was divided into 2 parts.

Well, you guys have given the gist of the interview, I guess. In other Words---Not anything New! ;)

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:30 pm

I can't download it either :/ Can't anybody write it down plz ?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:59 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
I've written about 6 minutes of it. I'm taking a little break now, but I'd say it'll be ready by Friday or so. :)

But is it okay just to post it here?

metalmaiden

Post by metalmaiden » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:09 pm

I really enjoy LISTENING to interviews. You are so right.....those finnish accents!!! :yum:
Last edited by metalmaiden on Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:24 pm

Thanks for the great interview!
Very interesting
:)
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:41 am

Lapazeus wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:
I've written about 6 minutes of it. I'm taking a little break now, but I'd say it'll be ready by Friday or so. :)

But is it okay just to post it here?
I guess it would be Great! Because I cannot access/download it either. It would be nice to know what Koti said! :)

Gnosis_and_Life

Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:41 am

IMO, he sounds sad, stressed, with a lot of preasure over him. I don't like Koti feeling that way :(
Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by timo the soulforged » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:10 am

[/quote]
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

stezza

Post by stezza » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:59 pm

Good answers from Timo. Bad interviewer though. Honestly, have your questions prepared! Timo sounded borded probably because he was! I was too.

Hey, they mention another band in the interview...Lordy or Lorie???? Can anyone tell me more about them? A url maybe?

Cheers from Down Under.

Steve

Moony

Post by Moony » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:53 pm

stezza wrote: they mention another band in the interview...Lordy or Lorie???? Can anyone tell me more about them? A url maybe?
www.lordi.org
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

stezza

Post by stezza » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:48 am

Thanks Moony. Anyone here listen to these guys? Are they any good?

Steve

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:50 am

[/quote]

Lapazeus

Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW: 2 LINKS!!!

Post by Lapazeus » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:17 pm

I'll do the rest sometime in the near future(?)
Last edited by Lapazeus on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:01 am

Great Interview so far!
We will look forward to the rest of it! :)

You went to so much trouble--you are such a true fan! :)

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:05 pm

Good news! I had some spare time and here is the rest of the interview. I left out some things that I felt weren't essential.

In summary the things I left out were:
- The recordings and arrangements of Coldness
- Metal scene in America, like new bands and such
- General discussion about the bands that Timo listened

but anyway, here's the rest
-----------
but anyway, here's the rest of the interview-----------------------------

Q: What sort of long-term plans do you have in terms of your future? Do you see yourself in sticking with this solo project-stuff or do you see yourself wanting to get involved in regular full-time band at some point in the future? What are your thoughts at this point?

A: Well, that’s a very good question. Right now, the only thing that I know for sure is that I’m trying to do as much as possible for this album (Coldness) and that means of course doing promotion, doing interviews and also…um, if there’s a chance to do some touring I’m up for it...um, but what happens then, I dunno because…of course now…this one guy who woke up from his state of …some state of mind…now he suddenly wants me back…and of course it’s not a very easy thing for me to handle…this…”nice gesture” (a hint of sarcasm in his voice)…um, so I haven’t decided anything when it comes to Stratovarius, because I know you want to ask about that anyway so…it’s not something, you know, like…it’s not as easy thing to decide as you might go to the grocery store and decide if you want to buy Coke or Pepsi…you know..(small laugh)

Q: Well, I can imagine, I mean it’s sort of your life you’re deciding on right here

A: Yep…Well, of course in your case, you would probably buy both, right? (laughs)

Q: (Laughs) Yeah, well…I mean I don’t know what the good move is there to do...but…um

A: Yeah, nobody knows…but…um…I’ve decided that of course there are a lot of fans who are almost putting some pressure on me like “you have to go back, blah blah” and of course…I know that some other people want me to come back as well…but it’s not just something that…I’m deciding like “Ok, I’ll do it!” or “Ok, I won’t do it”…it’s just not that easy…so…first of all I want to see how these last festival shows go…and if it’s really possible to work with Tolkki again…of course I can understand that he’s been…bit sick, mentally…that’s for sure..

Q: That would be an understatement

A: Yeah, well…that’s the way it unfortunately is…and of course…those shows we have been doing the last few weeks have been a bit different when it comes to his behaviour…because, um…first of all he hasn’t been drinking…at all!…and I guess he is taking his medication, because he’s…um, somewhat more calm and…well, he doesn’t party at all…he comes to the backstage and he plays the show and off he is to the hotel, so…in the past it was totally different…he was one the last persons very often to leave the backstage…completely drunk…very often so…

Q: So, is this better Tolkki to be around then?

A: Well, of course it’s easier…in a way…it’s a bit weird, because…um, if you are used to some things and then it’s totally different…but, um…maybe he’s just…I would say he is still quite depressed…and maybe unsure what he’s going to do and what the band is going to do…if there’s going to be any band…so, that’s quite obvious, you know…

Q: Let me ask you this…prior to this whole blow up at the end of last year, um…were there any big problems in the band, when you’ve been questioning yourself whether you should be on the band…continue to be part of it, I mean is this something that happened suddenly

A: Well, now that I think about it and now that I look back…Well, I can see he’s been acting like this much before, because…I mean…in the past he was always the one who decided everything…like what the band is doing…that’s normal, if you are the producer and band leader…but, of course, then he had some very strange ideas that I don’t want to even tell you about…but, back then…some of the guys in the band and some other people who are working with the band…some label guys and some booking agency guys…they stopped some of his strange ideas, but…um…then after this release of Elements part II…then it was…well, I don’t know if you know any persons who have the same sickness, but …um, I have been talking to some of me friends and they tell me exactly that the symptoms are exactly the same…you know…but, of course…some of the artists are quite often…somehow people who are artistic can have this kind of disease, but it doesn’t have to be…You don’t have to be an artist to have this disease…of course, you can be whatever engineer or something else, but…

Q: genius and insanity I guess go hand in hand

A: Exactly, it almost goes around, you know…like you say, so…but then again, of course…probably without being Tolkki he would not have been able to compose these songs, I mean…like you said…that’s the way it is

Q: Yeah, well…I don’t know…that’s such a weird situation

A: Yeah, I mean he started doing this therapy already six years ago…he was seeing this one shrink and…of course right now I would say in my opinion maybe this wasn’t the right guy for him, but I don’t know, I mean…I’m not him, so I don’t know how bad the situation was…so it’s difficult to say

Q: How weird was it playing that show over in Spain few months ago?

A: wow, that was…something different…um, of course, first of all we didn’t play together for six months, so...and then there only one-off show…and…of course the way some of the guys behaved…it was much more difficult for me to be on the stage with these guys, so…it was great to see the fans there, though, but…hmm, well it’s past anyway, so…

Q: Now, are you sort of the only question mark at this point? I mean is everybody else on board for staying in Stratovarius?

A: I don’t know about Jörg to be honest…because…he played the last Saxon album and he promised to do the whole touring for this album, so…I don’t know for sure, I mean…well, he told me on the phone just a few days ago that if I’m not going back he won’t go back either, so…He’s on the tour anyway, so…I guess the Saxon tour will start someday in September and end in March or so…I don’t know…maybe he’s going to be a member of Saxon, don’t know.

Q: A lot of pressure on your shoulders, I guess

A: Yeah, well…it’s a bit weird situation….(sighs)

Q: I don’t even know what to ask you about (laughs) with that whole thing

A: Well, I don’t know what to answer (laughs)

Q: Did you follow all the weird stuff that was on the Internet? Weird postings & pictures

A: By Tolkki?

Q: Yeah

A: Well, in the very beginning, but then…I mean…it went over my top completely, I didn’t even want to watch it anymore, so…I got bored already, because…I was very busy with my own album, recording and mixing it and then, of course…those things didn’t make any sense to me…then I thought…Why should I watch this?

Q: I feel bad for the guy, I interviewed him few months ago and he seemed completely normal, and a week later he’s covered himself in blood and taking pictures of it. Fucking strange

A: Yeah, well…

Q: Hopefully things work out for the best. I mean whatever it is. Good luck with that

A: Thanks
-------------------------------------

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:28 pm

Great interview! Thanks! :)

I hope Koti feels OK....:)

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:36 pm

Kotipelto will be fine, BEG. With or without us.

I listened to the interview and I thought it was pretty good. At least they are talking now.
Cheers

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:38 pm

browneyedfool wrote:
Kotipelto will be fine, BEG. With or without us.

I listened to the interview and I thought it was pretty good. At least they are talking now.
again.
All right dudes, here comes the bet-taker. How long will it take for this to be closed? place your bet!
:( =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:47 pm

Anyway, a while ago I searched Popkiller on google and I came across it saying it will be released in 2005. I am actually really curious about this. Does this mean that Kotipelto has finally come to terms with Tolkki and recorded with him?
Last edited by browneyedfool on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers