Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked

Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Timo Tolkki
71
29%
Timo Kotipelto
58
24%
Jens Johansson
81
33%
Jari Kainulainen
12
5%
Jörg Michael
17
7%
Tuomo Lassila
3
1%
Antti Ikonen
1
0%
Any other from the very early days...
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 243

User avatar
MAJINDIEGO
Sr. Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Somewhere Out in Space
Contact:

Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:06 pm

Dã!
Ok, I know, that is not the greatest pool ever, but as no one did it before, i took the chance!
:P
And then, i find it nice to see which member you like the most!
I didn´t put all the members, as i bet you probably don´t even know/heard about all of them!
I would be nice if you also post your reason why.
:wink:
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:02 pm

Well, errrr.......

TT is the boss and main composer.
Koti is the image and the singer.
Jari is the quiet man...
Jens is the madman and a genious of the keyboards.
Jörg is the beat of the band, the power, the man who push the other four...
(should I say HE WAS?) :cry:

So thinking about musical skills, I consideer all of them excellent musicians in their own instruments.
But about simpathy I have to say that I choose Jörg the first, then Jens. TT, Jari and the last is Koti....
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:24 pm

Great Post, gon! :)

All partiality&Etc. ;) aside, TT is, IMO, the brains of the band--the boss, writer, &composer.
As a person to have came through his problems like TT has, he has to be one strong, tough man! :luv3:
Now, he has his own studio&I hope it will go well for him! :)

I consider the band Stratovarius to be like the human body----TT is the brain, TK is its heart, & the other guys the limbs, and other vital organs. The heart&brain co-exist together....without the limbs a body would exist but, not as well and eventually the whole body would collaspse. So, these guys are linked together as closely as the parts of the human body. Each dependent upon the other.
As for the Soul of the group--they all contribute to the specialness of the band with their own unique inner qualities--Gon said it better than I ever could! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:48 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Great Post, gon! :)

All partiality&Etc. ;) aside, TT is, IMO, the brains of the band--the boss, writer, &composer.
As a person to have came through his problems like TT has, he has to be one strong, tough man! :luv3:
Now, he has his own studio&I hope it will go well for him! :)

I consider the band Stratovarius to be like the human body----TT is the brain, TK is its heart, & the other guys the limbs, and other vital organs. The heart&brain co-exist together....without the limbs a body would exist but, not as well and eventually the whole body would collaspse. So, these guys are linked together as closely as the parts of the human body. Each dependent upon the other.
As for the Soul of the group--they all contribute to the specialness of the band with their own unique inner qualities--Gon said it better than I ever could! :)

Nobody could do better than you, BEG! :wink: 100% agree with you.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
Twilightsymphony
Sr. Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Wiesdorf, Germany
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:31 pm

The guys who carry amps & speakers ;) 8)
Delusions Of Grandeur

User avatar
Shurik
Sr. Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 am
Location: Satellite Of Love
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Shurik » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:53 pm

I am.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

User avatar
Reaper
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Reaper » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 am

The guy who blows up toilets! :D
Like the Phoenix I rise...

User avatar
MAJINDIEGO
Sr. Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Somewhere Out in Space
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:37 am

Hey guys, don´t blow up this topic!
:P
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

User avatar
LittleHarry
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:41 pm

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by LittleHarry » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 am

jens for sure
Death Comes For Us All
It´s Just Matter Of Time

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:00 am

LittleHarry wrote:jens for sure

yes, he´s definitely the W.C. Avenger! :lol:
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
Agent Orange
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 1:25 pm
Location: Scheveningen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Agent Orange » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:08 am

I third the 'Jens' vote. He's the one that keeps the band together, simply because he's the life of the party (any party) :D

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:26 pm

You know what?
Anytime there is a Fav StratoMembers Survey, Jens ALWAYS wins&with a very, very wide margin! :)
He does have a great, easygoing personality&sense of humor--there's no argument.And, he's not partial with fans--I noticed he treats all fans pretty equally. Whether he realizes it or not, thats another reason he is so respected by most fans. Seriously, I have not heard one single person call him asshole, arrogant,shallow, or any derogatory name for that matter! I'm not saying Jens is perfect, but I guess he's got what it takes to be very popular! ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Maka
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:20 am

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Maka » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:29 pm

yeah that may be right... but we both know that in fact Koti is the most good-looking guy of the band... 8)

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:03 pm

Maka wrote:yeah that may be right... but we both know that in fact Koti is the most good-looking guy of the band... 8)

Maybe also the most well self-paid member of the band.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:56 am

Maka wrote:yeah that may be right... but we both know that in fact Koti is the most good-looking guy of the band... 8)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)
Have you ever saw Pics of TT during the early days? =P Yummy, Yummy! :jump: :luv: :kiss2: mmmmmWOW!=P

Well, you know what I mean! =P

Besides, its the VOICE that really counts---but, a nice package counts, too, I guess--to get everyones attention! ;)

I just sounded soooo shallow, and I hate being like that. :( But, true is true! :D
*TT in Black leather pants=HOT!*
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:57 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Maka wrote:yeah that may be right... but we both know that in fact Koti is the most good-looking guy of the band... 8)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)
Have you ever saw Pics of TT during the early days? =P Yummy, Yummy! :jump: :luv3: :kiss2: mmmmmWOW!=P

Well, you know what I mean! =P

Besides, its the VOICE that really counts---but, a nice package counts, too, I guess--to get everyones attention! ;)

I just sounded soooo shallow, and I hate being like that. :( But, true is true! :D
*TT in Black leather pants=HOT!*
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:55 pm

Sorry about the double post, but I hit quote instead of Edit--now I cannot delete one. :cry: :twak: to one-track-mind-ME! Must've been the leather pants on my mind. :err:
Or, whats in them.....;)
:red: the MAN, I mean! ;) The whole thing--MAN, I mean!:red:

I better quit while I'm ahead--or got a head. :shake:

*I needa drink! :cry:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Twilightsymphony
Sr. Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Wiesdorf, Germany
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:46 pm

You cant edit here, had the same problem :? 8)
Delusions Of Grandeur

User avatar
MAJINDIEGO
Sr. Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Somewhere Out in Space
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:19 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Sorry about the double post,
you meant triple...
8)
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:21 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Sorry about the double post,
you meant triple...
8)

:lol: :lol: I think the choice is clear....
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
shaz
Sr. Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Hellsinki

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by shaz » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 pm

I couldn't really think of Stratovarius without Tolkki..
I mean, he has composed mainly _all_ of the songs that define Strato, all the classics. (and many others.)
I'm not saying that the songs composed by koti or jens are not as nice, because they are.

Think of it like this:
Take a list that has every single stratosong, then take out every one of them that TT has put together (and/or sung on).
What have you got? Not much. ;)

And as we all know, he's one heck of a guitarist, too. :headbang:
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

User avatar
Stratovoyant
Jr. Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Stratovoyant » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:22 am

I don't like very much Tolkki as a guitar player, but we have to recognize that without him, Stratovarius couldn't exist. Kotipelto and Johanson are excellent too, but they complete the magic that is Stratovarius.
Look inside of yourself and you will find all the truth of your existence

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:19 am

We are not talking about their musical talent, but it´s a good opinion.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

Blackbird
Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:56 pm

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Blackbird » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:48 am

Umm.. How can I vote? :D

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by gon » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:46 pm

come on man! :P
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Of course the God: Jens.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:05 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Of course the God: Jens.
God is in the Eye of the Beholder.;)
Tolkki is "God" to some of us! :D
I think every single member of Stratovarius is "God" to different people.
And, "God" does not mean idolizing/worshipping---these guys are not perfect beings beyond&above reproach--it just means we think they are good/nice people, talented at what they do&we appreciate them for bringing this teriffic/cool music to us to enjoy! :D And they are not bad to look at, either! ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
MAJINDIEGO
Sr. Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Somewhere Out in Space
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:09 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Tolkki is "God" to some of us! :D
specially to you!
:lol:
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:12 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Tolkki is "God" to some of us! :D
specially to you!
:lol:

:err: Maybe by MY definition, but not the "regular" definition.
A "God" is supposed to be perfect, and the enlightened ones of us(myself included)know TT is far from perfect! Most people, when shown an idolized "God" is imperfect turns away from the worshipped one........so, I don't idolize him in the Classical sense. In spite of his many faults, I still think he is OK! After all, even though he is a musician who creates great music, he still is just a human being on the same level as all of us!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Nicko
Sr. Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Notts, England

Re: Who´s your best Stratovarius Band Member?

Post by Nicko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:12 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Great Post, gon! :)

As a person to have came through his problems like TT has, he has to be one strong, tough man! :luv3:
sorry but I disagree, Tolkki came out of the events of the summer with as little dignity as possible, you have no idea how many people actually think he's a complete nutter, and not in a good way.

Locked