THE chorus

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
gabriel
THE chorus

Post by gabriel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:05 am

huh hi :) i´m a new fan (in terms)..... i´m from brazil and listen to stratovarius since 99... i have all official albuns and want to make a question: on both episode and dreamspace albuns i downloaded there´s an babylon song....wich album is it from? sorry for the bad english and i hope this question be posted...this is the first forum i sign happy for this :)
one of my favorite songs is hand of time, one of my favorite album is destiny and one of the best album art is the infinite art...well i think is all for now....bye :)

ps: a last question: what is the best chorus for you?
Are you experienced?

Elazul

Re: THE chorus

Post by Elazul » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:21 am

gabriel wrote:huh hi :) i´m a new fan (in terms)..... i´m from brazil and listen to stratovarius since 99... i have all official albuns and want to make a question: on both episode and dreamspace albuns i downloaded there´s an babylon song....wich album is it from? sorry for the bad english and i hope this question be posted...this is the first forum i sign happy for this :)
one of my favorite songs is hand of time, one of my favorite album is destiny and one of the best album art is the infinite art...well i think is all for now....bye :)

ps: a last question: what is the best chorus for you?
Babylon is from the Episode Album.

Joostice

Post by Joostice » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:24 am

You don´t look like a great fan if you don´t know Babylon is in Episode, anyway, there are a lot of amaing chorus, powerfuls like No Turning Back, melancolics like Before the Winter but I think the most Orgasmic is the Father Time chorus.

Hails from Chile
Advantage

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:43 am

oh yes no turning back kicks ass...and hands of time too.....my favorite is the against the wind chorus....and i´m no great strato fan, just a normal fan that listens to the band a little time ago and wow... it´s POWERFUL :)
Are you experienced?

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:00 am

gabriel wrote:ps: a last question: what is the best chorus for you?
Forever Free \m/

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:03 am

Destiny, then Father Time.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:18 pm

Awaken the Giant, and Forever Free (The live version at Visions of Europe gives me the creeps, I was like, "WOW", when I first listened to it :mrgreen:)
perkele

shaz

Post by shaz » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:49 pm

I Walk To My Own Song, No Turning Back, Against The Wind, Forever Free.. and lots more. IMO almost every single stratosong has a great, great chorus.
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

Izis_TheLunaSplendar

Post by Izis_TheLunaSplendar » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:33 pm

hmmmm... in terms of Lyrics... the best ones to me are: Forever and Alpha & Omega, I guess.
Now, in terms of the ones that that make you wanna jump... Hunting high and low.
A Million Light Years Away is a favourite. :)

So Death May Die

Post by So Death May Die » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:01 pm

A Million Light Years Away will always hold a special place in my heart, because it was the first Strato song I ever heard...
Can you see the sky?
It's filtering like a murder...

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:42 pm

Izis_TheLunaSplendarum wrote:hmmmm... in terms of Lyrics... the best ones to me are: Millenium, and Phoenix definately... ^^ I think Soul Of a Vagabond too... those for me are the ones that pass a good message in which we all should think about everyday ... heh! ^_^" :lol:

now, in terms of the ones that are goooooooooood to sing... the ones that make you wanna juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump... ^_^":
Hunting high and low (when i sing it with my band i really jump) XDDD...
hmmm... Forever Free is very good too... \o/
hmmmm... Eagleheart is happy too :lol:
I walk to my own song.... Find your own voice... hmmm... but one song that i really enjoy: A million light years away... heheh... it has such a happy looks!! haha ^_^"
that's it... there are many songs i could list but i think these are good for now XD
8)

KISSES =********************
wow i agree with you in almost everything you said but just replace soul of a vagabond with out of shadows eheheh :oops:
Are you experienced?

Izis_TheLunaSplendar

Post by Izis_TheLunaSplendar » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:50 pm

yes... those songs are really beautiful...

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:34 am

I like the Chorus from Glory Of The World, i've listening to it lately and it's just great, And my fav. is the one from Elements.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:23 pm

So Death May Die wrote:A Million Light Years Away will always hold a special place in my heart, because it was the first Strato song I ever heard...
My favorite chorus, best stratosong (and also first strato-song I ever heard) is "Against the wind"!!!! Also the lyrics are soooo encouraging!!

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:53 pm

wow....changed my mind after carefully listen to learning to fly....its chorus ROCKS :)
Are you experienced?

Silent Person

Post by Silent Person » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:14 pm

Hunting High & Low

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:51 am

gabriel wrote:wow....changed my mind after carefully listen to learning to fly....its chorus ROCKS :)
Yeah, this one rocks too. One I also like very much is Galaxies.

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:54 am

too bad dreamspace isnt as good as the other albuns...
Are you experienced?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:29 pm

gabriel wrote:too bad dreamspace isnt as good as the other albuns...

You're joking, right? :shake:

Dreamspce is one of the best StratoAlbums, IMO. And, it is Tolkki at his best--he has a great, expressive voice&I like his singing very much. All of the songs on Dreamspace are very good.

But, its a free world&you have a right to your opinion. *sigh*
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:14 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:

Dreamspce is one of the best StratoAlbums, IMO. And, it is Tolkki at his best--he has a great, expressive voice&I like his singing very much. All of the songs on Dreamspace are very good.

yes milady, thats MY opinion...kotipelto have a better voice to sing the strato stuff, even the tolkki stuff, in MY opinion :) i think the best strato stuff is on kotipelto albuns and i think tolkki should take only the guitars and some backing vocals (another PERSONAL opinion) and what about you milady? 8)
Are you experienced?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:55 pm

gabriel wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

yes milady, thats MY opinion...kotipelto have a better voice to sing the strato stuff, even the tolkki stuff, in MY opinion :) i think the best strato stuff is on kotipelto albuns and i think tolkki should take only the guitars and some backing vocals (another PERSONAL opinion) and what about you milady? 8)

Frankly, I was hoping that if Koti does not return to Strato, TT would take the reign as Frontman again! I love to hear him sing! :luv3: LOTS of fans would like that! But, as of now, I guess his health is not up to that, unfortunately. :(
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Tolkki singing is not due to his health, but his own will to sing again.
And I very much doubt he'll ever again be the lead vocalist for Stratovarius. He is already playing guitar and writing the songs and he has said that he just isn't up for both singing and playing guitar at the same time.
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:49 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Frankly, I was hoping that if Koti does not return to Strato, TT would take the reign as Frontman again! I love to hear him sing! :luv3: LOTS of fans would like that! But, as of now, I guess his health is not up to that, unfortunately. :(
I wonder if he would be able to sing all those songs sung by TK (sometimws really high), so I think some pre-arrangements should be done. Or live tracklist would be based on first three albums, which could be quite interesting.
But let's do not consider this now, when something is happening, and don't put a jinx on it.
Return to the most succesful line-up (TT, TK, JK, JJ & JM) is the best solution, the best what they can do now.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:51 pm

Electric Eye wrote:Return to the most succesful line-up (TT, TK, JK, JJ & JM) is the best solution, the best what they can do now.
And at least in Finland(on an interview), Tolkki said that the lineup you mentioned is the only possible STRATOVARIUS line-up.
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:58 pm

i think....if you do many things ate same time, you ´ll not do all the things 100% right.....strato has grown up since 1989 because each one of them specialize themselves in just one function...same case at various bands by this times...but tolkki ROCKS anyway 8)
Are you experienced?

Izis_TheLunaSplendar

Post by Izis_TheLunaSplendar » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:00 pm

I think Tolkki sings well ^_^" :lol:

but Stratovarius has been marked with Koti... and i believe that's how it will be in the end...
yep... and it must be hard playing ans singing at the same time...! :roll:
i really hope the best for all of them ^_^"

Kisses :wink:

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:28 pm

Izis_TheLunaSplendarum wrote:I think Tolkki sings well ^_^" :lol:

but Stratovarius has been marked with Koti... and i believe that's how it will be in the end...

yes milady, sing and play at the same is VERY difficult....thats the reason why tolkki rules...as guitarrist :)
Are you experienced?

Izis_TheLunaSplendar

Post by Izis_TheLunaSplendar » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:36 am

:lol:
i can imagine!!!

I'm gonna try it sometime... :roll:

*you hear an awful guitar distortion and a really bad note*

Ooops! :lol:

lol.. i'm glad i only try to sing!

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:32 pm

gabriel wrote:

yes milady, sing and play at the same is VERY difficult....thats the reason why tolkki rules...as guitarrist :)
On the drums it's insane. Once I tried singing and playing the drums on Find Your Own Voice at the same time, it was real fun to watch it (but not to hear) :D

Izis_TheLunaSplendar

Post by Izis_TheLunaSplendar » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:40 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
gabriel wrote:

On the drums it's insane. Once I tried singing and playing the drums on Find Your Own Voice at the same time, it was real fun to watch it (but not to hear) :D
:D :D :lol: :lol:

I can't even learn how to step on the pedals and hit at the plates correctly :lol:
Pray for me on that one.