Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
tanis573
Jr. Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:16 am
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by tanis573 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:32 am

I'm gonna have to say Celestial Dream.

This has got to be the cheesiest line ever:

Where did all this come from?
The galaxies, the moon the stars, oh, I don't know
I really want to know what is the meaning of evolution

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:48 am

Eagleheart gets my vote. yeah, i know everyone loves it, but...come on. 'heart of an eagle, he flies through the rainbow'?? who flippin' cares??
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Bryant
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:30 am

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Bryant » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:24 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Eagleheart gets my vote. yeah, i know everyone loves it, but...come on. 'heart of an eagle, he flies through the rainbow'?? who flippin' cares??
Allright, that made my laugh.
Don`t know, if I understand "cheesy" right, but I don`t think that Strato has any really cheesy songs.

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:13 pm

Bryant wrote:
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Don`t know, if I understand "cheesy" right, but I don`t think that Strato has any really cheesy songs.
Yeah right, what does "cheesy" means ?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
Twilight Legionnaire
Sr. Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:44 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:40 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Eagleheart gets my vote. yeah, i know everyone loves it, but...come on. 'heart of an eagle, he flies through the rainbow'?? who flippin' cares??
Finally someone who agrees with me about that song. :D
perkele

k-a-
Jr. Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by k-a- » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:51 pm

I just dont like Twilight Symphonie's beginning...

it just annoys me to the nerves

User avatar
shaz
Sr. Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Hellsinki

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by shaz » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:04 pm

Ehm.. I'd go for Fantasia, and the following line:

"How would it be? A world without hate
Without heaven, without hell
No wars, no arms, no religion, no God
Just your own truth."

I dunno.. I mean, I think that in this one, the cheesiness comes from the impossibility of such a world. I like the song though. Especially the "heavier" part. :)
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:30 pm

Fantasia, Liberty, Freedom, Celestial Dreams...

loztdignity
Sr. Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:42 pm

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by loztdignity » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:46 pm

yea lol Fantasia gets my vote too...its just so naive...and childish, the lyrics that is..music and singing is cool thuogh.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:02 pm

I think CHEESY means: cheap, fake, contrived. I guess, ideas that we know do not actually exist in real world. ???
Some of the songs on E1&2 were like this, but the music&compositions themselves were good.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Neorave
Sr. Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:41 am
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Neorave » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:02 pm

The Kiss of Judas...yeah...um...WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:30 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I think CHEESY means: cheap, fake, contrived. I guess, ideas that we know do not actually exist in real world. ???
Some of the songs on E1&2 were like this, but the music&compositions themselves were good.
Oh c'mon it's not because something can't exist in real world isn't always bad, fairytales ans such are sometimes very good.

Maybe I'd say Before The Winter then, such love you only see in bad romance movies :D
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:27 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I think CHEESY means: cheap, fake, contrived. I guess, ideas that we know do not actually exist in real world.
Oh come on!! If you say that, you're implying that Manowar is cheesy...and Manowar is SO not cheesy!! :roll: :lol:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:00 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I think CHEESY means: cheap, fake, contrived. I guess, ideas that we know do not actually exist in real world.
Oh come on!! If you say that, you're implying that Manowar is cheesy...and Manowar is SO not cheesy!! :roll: :lol:
What about that group Homer Simpson likes? I can't think of their name----they started out a fake parody, and became a hit! :)
SPINAL TAP--YES! That is their name!!!:D

But, back on topic---Full Moon by Strato is the utmost in weirdo cheese....:yuk:
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:04 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:[But, back on topic---Full Moon by Strato is the utmost in weirdo cheese....:yuk:
Along with Thin Ice. This completely shatters (:D) Dreamspace-album imo. Another I can't stand is Freedom, it's just feelingless, as is Glory Of The World.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

bmaires
Jr. Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by bmaires » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Well i realy don't understand the meening of cheesi, but if it is what browneyedgirl says, Rhapsody and Gamma-Ray don´t have any music without being cheesi...........

But if is just a music not well done i will say the music Bloodstone.

"God upon the sea Danger, and Abyss Bestowed,
But He also made on it, The Sky to be Shown...".

"Deus, ao mar, o perigo e o abismo deu,
Mas foi nele que espelhou o céu..."
- Fernando Pessoa.

User avatar
Fireblade
Sr. Member
Posts: 1761
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Fireblade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:31 pm

The thing that I love most about Strato is their happy songs. OTOH, I love all the weird darker ones too.

Is it my imagination, or is it that when a label chooses a single, they pick one of the less heavy/powerful and most happy ones on the whole album?

eg Eagleheart (I like it, but I think it was not the best choice of a comeback song after the break)

Victoria's Secret - that song is SO insipid IMO, Sonata Arctica have done so much better.

Nemo from Once... eh, what?

Or do they pick the ones that don't offend the gentle ears of the pop-fan radio listeneners? Pah.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Veripalttu
Sr. Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:05 am
Location: Helsingfors

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Veripalttu » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:23 am

shaz wrote:Ehm.. I'd go for Fantasia, and the following line:

"How would it be? A world without hate
Without heaven, without hell
No wars, no arms, no religion, no God
Just your own truth."

I dunno.. I mean, I think that in this one, the cheesiness comes from the impossibility of such a world. I like the song though. Especially the "heavier" part. :)
Just the thought of such a world makes me feel good.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:38 am

browneyedgirl wrote:What about that group Homer Simpson likes? I can't think of their name----they started out a fake parody, and became a hit! :)
SPINAL TAP--YES! That is their name!!!:D
Are you sure it is Spinal Tap and not GWAR? Because that description also fits GWAR.....;)

...Not that they belong on a thread about cheesy metal or anything....
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

A_Llama
Jr. Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:17 am
Location: Fareham, England

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by A_Llama » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:32 pm

Fantasia :P

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:50 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Eagleheart gets my vote. yeah, i know everyone loves it, but...come on. 'heart of an eagle, he flies through the rainbow'?? who flippin' cares??
:lol: Well, mine is Eagleheart as well. ;)

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:57 am

bmaires wrote:Well i realy don't understand the meening of cheesi, but if it is what browneyedgirl says, Rhapsody and Gamma-Ray don´t have any music without being cheesi...........
Well, it's true. I translated cheesy with the help of a dictionary, and yes, it means that. Arty, corny, hokum are synonyms to cheesy. But Rhapsody is a good declaration for cheesy as well. :lol:

GoodMike86
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:07 am

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by GoodMike86 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:27 am

the song fantasia, while some thing it is cheesy, did anyone realize that it is about the place fantasia in the movie "the never ending story" in the middle of the song you hear a small child say "fantasia can arise in you", that is the voice of the emperess in the movie. i personally think it is a GREAT song....powerful.

i personally cannot think of a song that is cheesy, they all have such a meaning to them.

popop
Jr. Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:23 am

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by popop » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:20 am

i think it's SOS

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:31 am

GoodMike86 wrote:the song fantasia, while some thing it is cheesy, did anyone realize that it is about the place fantasia in the movie "the never ending story" in the middle of the song you hear a small child say "fantasia can arise in you", that is the voice of the emperess in the movie.
I recently saw that movie for the first time. I'm really trying hard to pretend i hadn't. That's the most terrible movie ever. :yuk: I spent most of the movie in denial about the Stratosong, but when i heard the *cough* 'empress' say that line, my life came crashing down. I really liked Fantasia a lot more when (in my mind) it wasn't attached to that godawful movie.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

GoodMike86
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:07 am

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by GoodMike86 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:52 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
GoodMike86 wrote:the song fantasia, while some thing it is cheesy, did anyone realize that it is about the place fantasia in the movie "the never ending story" in the middle of the song you hear a small child say "fantasia can arise in you", that is the voice of the emperess in the movie.
I recently saw that movie for the first time. I'm really trying hard to pretend i hadn't. That's the most terrible movie ever. :yuk: I spent most of the movie in denial about the Stratosong, but when i heard the *cough* 'empress' say that line, my life came crashing down. I really liked Fantasia a lot more when (in my mind) it wasn't attached to that godawful movie.
although i do admit the movie is not that great...the point of the song (so i believe) is that there is a place, everyone has it, where its just theirs...everyone has their own fantasia...no problems...everyone is getting along. its the exact oposite of the world we live in. instead of wars, the borders of hate are gone. i personally think this song is so powerful. it is actually one of my favorites

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:11 am

Fireblade wrote:Victoria's Secret - that song is SO insipid IMO, Sonata Arctica have done so much better.
Yeah but it has such a wonderful keys solo, Jens' best solo ever imo.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Latuman
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Latuman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:31 am

Eagleheart is a good guess. I guess there are lots more, but I dont care to think what.

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:31 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:Yeah but it has such a wonderful keys solo, Jens' best solo ever imo.
The Cage is better imho. And it's a "Jens song" as well.

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Cheesiest Stratovarius song?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:34 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:Yeah but it has such a wonderful keys solo, Jens' best solo ever imo.
The Cage is better imho. And it's a "Jens song" as well.
Yeah, this one is great too and the song itself is way better than Victoiria's Secret but I still prefer the secnd one's solo.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Locked