Finnish press: Hitler song postponed!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Invinoveritas
Finnish press: Hitler song postponed!

Post by Invinoveritas » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:11 pm

Here's a quick and dirty translation of an article in a Finnish newspaper today:

Nazi fuss of top band’s song

Record company delayed a song by Stratovarius, that starts with Hitler’s speech.

At the making of the album a problem occurred, as the record company decided to postpone a song planned to be on the record.

- The song is called Hitler and it starts with an intro with Hitler’s speech on it, says Timo Tolkki, the writer of the piece.

German directors of the record company got frightened about the nazi issue and announced, that the song won’t be accepted to the new album. Tolkki will not accept the decision.

- I won’t give up the song. This is a principal issue. The German home ministry has founded an element, that has a task of securing youth from nazi ideology. Our manager has today sent this element, the words of the song and the intro in the beginning. It is up to them to judge if it is acceptable or not.

- If the home ministry sees this song illegal, of course I won’t publish it, then I will make a new version that’s accepted. If in the other hand the song is found legal, the record company should not have right to affect the artistic impression.

Tolkki says he’s certain the ministry won’t have anything against the song.

- It’s as strongly against Hitler as a song can be.

To confirm this, he reads the lyrics. In the song, Hitler is described as monster who spreads fear across the world-

”These issues have to be discussed about”

Tolkki has been interested about literature of Hitler for long.

- I have been interested of Hitler since I was a teenager. To my understanding, each child is innocent when born to the world. I’m interested in what happens, that some child, born innocent turns into Hitler.

Hitler has been on the headlines earlier this year also because of the movie ”Downfall” (Here is some lines about the movie…)

- Actually I’ll go and see it for the second time next Wednesday. I think everyone should see it.

- After seeing it for the first time, I couldn’t do anything but sit for ten minutes. The movie states so clearly the madness that led Hitler. It really stops the spectator, says Tolkki

Tolkki doesn’t know yet, how long it takes for the ministry to make the decision about the song. He believes anyway, that it won’t delay the making of the new album.

- This shouldn’t affect that. In my opinion, the song will be published as it’s current name. These are things, that you must be able to discuss about.
Last edited by Invinoveritas on Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Re: Finnish press: Hitler song postponed!

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:31 pm

I have not heard about this movie, I will be sure to look for it.

As shocking as it may be, there are still lots of people who hold Hitler's view of the world(Certain people need weeding out of the gene pool--the less intelligent,the less pretty, the non-white races, certain religions, certain areas, etc.). :(
Here in the South there still exist among a minority of persons KKK attitudes similar to what Hitler believed. :(
If people like Hitler can spread their caustic garbage&hate, why can't people use the freedom of speech to STOP it?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Moony

Post by Moony » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:47 pm

The English name of the movie is Downfall.
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

Invinoveritas

Post by Invinoveritas » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:52 pm

Thanks Moony, I changed it above...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:13 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I have not heard about this movie, I will be sure to look for it.
Yep, I recommend it, very good film IMO. But most peauple didn't like it because it speaks very little of the horrors Hitler did, but wo isn't aware of that now ?

Anyway, if the song can't be released as is, I hope TT puts it online so we can listen to it anyway.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:53 pm

(1296+12)

Sanctuary Records should read the lyrics first, then judge.

empi

Post by empi » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:06 pm

and why is there no homepageupdate ? Progpower a song about hilter ??
but no update ? cant understand that
please don't let us die stupid !

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:08 pm

(1298+12)
empi wrote:and why is there no homepageupdate ? Progpower a song about hilter ??
They just want the present situation. The next update will be the new album imho.

empi

Post by empi » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:35 pm

what a coincidence ! a song about hitler and 60 years end of second world war ! maybe the album release will be in may ???

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:14 pm

A song about Hitler sounds very interesting. I'm really looking forward to hear it. :)

And now I'm not saying Hitler's deeds are acceptable blaah blaah blaah... I'm just interested, since I don't know any band, that has done a song about him. It's also very promising to hear lyrics by Tolkki not concerning universe, happiness, or freedom. ;)

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:15 pm

perhaps it's going to be a song like 4th reich..
Spamming is serious business!

shaz

Post by shaz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 pm

Dave wrote:perhaps it's going to be a song like 4th reich..
I wouldn't mind at all. 4th Reich is pretty much my favourite tolkki-era piece. :) It's got such a strong atmosphere.. really cool song.
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:06 pm

shaz wrote:
I wouldn't mind at all. 4th Reich is pretty much my favourite tolkki-era piece. :) It's got such a strong atmosphere.. really cool song.

you're right. and the lyrics are fantastic..

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:(1298+12)
empi wrote:and why is there no homepageupdate ? Progpower a song about hilter ??
They just want the present situation. The next update will be the new album imho.
Cos there is no webmaster at present.

Check www.truemetal.org/stratovarius for up-to-date Strato information.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

soulforged the secon

Post by soulforged the secon » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:23 pm

why don't they let the artist express him self???!!!????!??!?!?!?!?!?

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:29 pm

(1299+12)

w00t? No Webmaster? *curious*

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:29 pm

soulforged the second wrote:why don't they let the artist express him self???!!!????!??!?!?!?!?!?
huh?? you want to compare tolkki with hitler??

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:31 pm

(1300+12)
soulforged the second wrote:why don't they let the artist express him self???!!!????!??!?!?!?!?!?
Well, 'cos everything about Hitler is bad, even, if you're naming a song of him, which is against him, or half against him. People are so retarded, everything is let, only those things not, that harms the...

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:02 pm

Dave wrote:
huh?? you want to compare tolkki with hitler??
soulforged I'm sorry to answer on behalf of you but I think we'll agree. If not then I apologise and then I'll edit my post :)

So Dave. I think soulforged meant that "Why not letting Tolkki say what he believes in this song". I think you misunderstood his words :)
Insurrection!

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:09 pm

Uhmmmm..... I always believed all that kind of hitler stuff was also a part of the mental illness :cry:... I don't think it fits a song called HITLER for Stratovarius, in my opinion. If it was RAMMSTEIN it would be OK but for STRATOVARIUS that kind of song... Anyway I would first be sure that this news are true and not another f***ing rummor invented by some bored ass.

Turbonorsu

Post by Turbonorsu » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:54 pm

If the song features a clip of Hitler's speech, it doesn't mean that the song itself will be called "Hitler"...I think it will probably have another name like "the Rise of a madman" or smthng like that...

I think Tolkki has a good purpose here, but I can also understand that the record company has some doubts about the song...remember, not all the stratofans speak that good english that they could understand the lyrics and the message in the song...

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:10 pm

Know what?....now i'm just waiting for "ATjabo" to come with his shit here. 8) :roll:

empi

Post by empi » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 pm

@ turbonorsu the song is called hitler ! it is written iin the first post of this thread

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:01 am

(1309+12)
khamael wrote:Know what?....now i'm just waiting for "ATjabo" to come with his shit here. 8) :roll:
:lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:23 am

Dave wrote:
shaz wrote:

you're right. and the lyrics are fantastic..
AMEN! The lyrics are so true!

"If people do not learn from the mistakes of the past, they are doomed to repeat them!"

"4th Reich is rising now----Can't you see the signs?"

I can......;)

@Khamael, I was thinking the same thing. :(
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:55 am

shaz wrote:
Yep, and it has awesome drums by Lassila... I'm not sure Jörg would make it sound the same.

Turbonorsu

Post by Turbonorsu » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:11 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
shaz wrote:
Yep, and it has awesome drums by Lassila... I'm not sure Jörg would make it sound the same.
Dude, check out the Kiss of Judas-single, where there is a kick-ass live version of 4th reich with Jörg on drums...then you'll be sure that he makes it sound the same, or even better (subjective things, of course)...

The fun thing is, that there's this closed roll-part on drums in the beginning of the song, that is very clear rip-off from the 20th/21th century fox's fanfare theme... :)

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:26 pm

Turbonorsu wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:
shaz wrote:
Dude, check out the Kiss of Judas-single, where there is a kick-ass live version of 4th reich with Jörg on drums...then you'll be sure that he makes it sound the same, or even better (subjective things, of course)...

The fun thing is, that there's this closed roll-part on drums in the beginning of the song, that is very clear rip-off from the 20th/21th century fox's fanfare theme... :)
Well old singles are very difficult to find so I didn't hear it. But on all the albums he played the drums, he never did anything like that. (Except maybe on Holy Solos)

MasterChu19155

Post by MasterChu19155 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:12 pm

Stratovarius going NSPM :D
It seems to be a new genre...:wink:

*joking*

To mee it sounds very interesting.

What could be the general topic of the new album ?

empi

Post by empi » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:14 pm

Have you ever thought about standing in the crowd and screaming for a song called hitler ? i think it's very weird !
On the other hand i think Timo should do this song because we have to keep the memory alive and nobody should forget what cruelty hitler did .