Fright Night

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Which song do you like most ?

Future Shock
26%
False Messiah
12%
Black Night
10%
Witch Hunt
7%
Fire Dance
7%
Fright Night
21%
Night Screamer
7%
Darkness
10%
Goodbye
No votes

Total votes: 42

Electric Eye

Fright Night

Post by Electric Eye » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:32 pm

While waiting for new shows and records, let's discuss their previous works. Chose one album, set the topic and start the discussion. This one is about 'Fright Night'. Set also a pool with question 'Which song do you like most ?'. Then all songs will have equal rights in voting for the one we would like to hear, as Timo asked us.

'Future Shock' was released in 1989 and recorded by Timo Tolkki - vocals, guitar, Jyrki Lentonen - bass, Tuomo Lassila - drums and Antti Ikonen - additional keyboards. It contains a bit different music that Stratovarius is famous for. I like this album very much for its raw sound and great songs. And the cover, really frightening, indeed.

Future Shock - based on a melodic riff, with interesting rhytm section that seems to follow the melody in verses. It's about threat of nuclear war, quite interesting, and on time topic during the end of cold war.

False Messiah
- my favourite one. With complex rhytm and riffs, some oriental melody at the beginning. Keys in chorus are just perfect. very well arranged. It's like a warning against people who wants use others to their own profits.

Black Night - quite fast song, with solo at the begining. Another melodic riff, vocal in verses between guitar breaks - it remainds me arrangment in some classic hits from the 60's.

Witch-hunt - long instrumental introduction, and similar idea with arrrangment of the verses. Many guitar harmonies and licks in the background.

Fire Dance
- an instrumantal one, with complex rhytm section and great sound 'steams' in the background playedby keyboards. The spirit of future Tolkki instrumental songs is heard.

Fright Night - long, like almost epic song, with lofty and a bit mysterious intro. Great melody and guitar harmonies in verses, and again, few keyboard chords make the chorus really good. Then we have some slower part, played on accoustic guitar, and last part is a bit similar to one piece from 'Halloween' by Helloween. I think it's about a state of being alone, and fears connected with this, really good song.

Night Screamer
- another song with 'dark' lyrics, that fits to the album style.

Darkness - also quite a long song, and well arranged with good melodies and mood. It's about the presence that brings help for who live in solitude and fear. A possitive message at the end.

Goodbye
- short, beautiful instrumental one played on accoustic gouitar. Only the master and his art !

I encourage you to the discussion, and start the other ones.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

htcdude

Re: Fright Night

Post by htcdude » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:37 pm

I hate myself cos i haven't listened to this yet...i just signed up to eBay though so will have to get hold of it on there then i'll let you know!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:09 pm

IMO this album is just average, but both instrumentals are fucking great ! Firedance is perhaps my all-time favorite instrumental, so I voted for this. As "regular" songs I think my fav is Night Screamer
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Jack

Post by Jack » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:21 pm

Witch Hunt rocks... it's short and very sweet. Future Shock is my second favorite, and I think it would make a very good live song.

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:15 pm

The main idea was to have a discussion over all albums, not only for polls. Now JJ's topic is for voting.
From within.

Libanez

Post by Libanez » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:22 am

when the darkness enters to your room...
O_O The boy who wanted tobe a real puppet O_O

StratoLink

Post by StratoLink » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 am

Fire Dance a very good instrumental song(the best song of that album, next to it is Future Shock, the thunder thing at the end of the song sounds cool), while Stratofortress, Stratosphere and Holy Light are better, it is very very good.
Stratovarius, The best power-melodic-symphonic metal band ever.
The legend of Zelda, The Best Game Ever.
Devil May Cry 3 Best Action Game Ever.
"I love this!, this is for what i live for!, I am absolutely crazy about it!!!"- Dante.

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:04 am

Future Shock

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:54 am

Future Shock
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:34 pm

echo?
From within.

Sir. Decadence

Post by Sir. Decadence » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Well, maybe Fright Night is a little bit better than Darkness.
So I voted it.

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:42 am

I think this album is awful, the only song I can listen to is Fright night, which I voted for.

Júlio tolkki

Post by Júlio tolkki » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:37 am

Black night is a good song but, the best is FRIGHT NIGHT, its a good OLD music!!!

Black night have a solo in the begining and etc, riffs but is good! :twisted: :wink: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :headbang:

:P