Autographs for North Americans (Jens please read)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
t0ny
Autographs for North Americans (Jens please read)

Post by t0ny » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:38 am

Since Progpower 6 will be Stratovarius' first ever journey to the US, I'm sure there will be several fans, like myself, who will have a shitload of stuff for the guys to sign.

My question is, how much is too much?

As this will probably be my only chance to see Stratovarius live and especially the only chance to hang with them at the pre-party, I'd like to get as much as I can graced with the member's autographs. Not only Stratovarius stuff, but side-projects and guest appearance albums as well. So to be kind, I'm asking beforehand how much you're all willing to sign. I know Timo K. was extremely gracious last year and signed everything I gave him, but who knows how everyone else is.

Oh and do you ever pay attention to stuff you're signing, or is it just a blur? Like, if someone pulls out a rare copy of something or an old Silver Mountain CD, is that flattering, or just another thing to sign?

Thanks!
-+-- t0ny --+-

:)
Location:Third star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Re: Autographs for North Americans (Jens please read)

Post by :) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:42 am

huh.

tony_kiss

Post by tony_kiss » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:59 pm

t0ny wrote:Since Progpower 6 will be Stratovarius' first ever journey to the US, I'm sure there will be several fans, like myself, who will have a shitload of stuff for the guys to sign.

I have over 300 Strato items where are Autographs... I dont have get those in same time :lol: but i think at boys are happy to sing their own stuff's. If they have time and the place are right maby they sing all your stuff's, but if there are 100 other to get autographs then i think at they give only some. 8)

tony_kiss

Post by tony_kiss » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:00 pm

t0ny wrote:Since Progpower 6 will be Stratovarius' first ever journey to the US, I'm sure there will be several fans, like myself, who will have a shitload of stuff for the guys to sign.

I have over 300 Strato items where are Autographs... I dont have get those in same time :lol: but i think at boys are happy to sing their own stuff's. If they have time and the place are right maby they sing all your stuff's, but if there are 100 other to get autographs then i think at they give only some. 8)

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:56 pm

As this will probably be my only chance to see Stratovarius live and especially the only chance to hang with them at the pre-party, I'd like to get as much as I can graced with the member's autographs. Not only Stratovarius stuff, but side-projects and guest appearance albums as well. So to be kind, I'm asking beforehand how much you're all willing to sign. I know Timo K. was extremely gracious last year and signed everything I gave him, but who knows how everyone else is.

Oh and do you ever pay attention to stuff you're signing, or is it just a blur? Like, if someone pulls out a rare copy of something or an old Silver Mountain CD, is that flattering, or just another thing to sign?

Thanks!
One of the many things that makes ProgPower such a cool festival is that Glenn, the promoter, schedules signing sessions for all the bands. Unfortunately, and this was ESPECIALLY true last year, some people take advantage of this and dump a truck load of stuff on the table, eating up all the the bands' scheduled times and making everyone wait in line forever and some people never even get their chance. I heard that Glenn is going to set a limit to how many items you can have signed. It's necessary.

In my experience, it was always considered that 2 things, 3 at the MOST, was considered respectful to the bands and the other fans waiting. We'll see what the rule ends up being.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:57 pm

Double posted for some reason. Sorry. :oops:
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

t0ny

Post by t0ny » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:13 am

AMBR@BEC wrote:One of the many things that makes ProgPower such a cool festival is that Glenn, the promoter, schedules signing sessions for all the bands. Unfortunately, and this was ESPECIALLY true last year, some people take advantage of this and dump a truck load of stuff on the table, eating up all the the bands' scheduled times and making everyone wait in line forever and some people never even get their chance. I heard that Glenn is going to set a limit to how many items you can have signed. It's necessary.

In my experience, it was always considered that 2 things, 3 at the MOST, was considered respectful to the bands and the other fans waiting. We'll see what the rule ends up being.
I never get to the signing sessions as I'm always in the front row for the entire show. Therefore I have to get everything signed either at the pre-party or by seeing the bands around the hotel. I can understand setting limits at signing sessions, but at the pre-party, I think it's a more relaxed atmosphere and the bands don't mind signing. As Jon Oliva said to me at PP4, "If you buy 'em, I'll sign 'em". He rules! :headbang:
-+-- t0ny --+-

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:33 am

Indeed Jon Oliva has the best attitude. We've started a running trend: we take a photo, and the next ProgPower he signs it.

ProgPower IV signed at PPV:

ProgPower V, to be signed at PPVI:
Jon RULES!!
Though this is by far my favorite. Can you name the band member?

beyondearcandy.com

t0ny

Post by t0ny » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:23 am

Hey, I know you! I talked to you last year when you were waiting to take pictures. And I also recognize the other guy in the pictures. Since you're sharing, here's my Jon Oliva pics!

From PPIV:

From PPV:

I'm pretty sure that dude in the last pic of yours is from Mercenary.

It seems like those images aren't loading automatically, so if not, just surf to the image.
-+-- t0ny --+-

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:49 am

Hey, I remember you too. The guy with me is my brother and partner in the zine/radio BeyondEarCandy.

The picture of Jon "blessing" a band member was taken last year, so nope, can't be Mercenary! Hint: Band's from Sweden

(Hope nobody minds we strayed a little OT :wink: )

beyondearcandy.com

t0ny

Post by t0ny » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:42 am

Well then, we'll definitely have to talk while you're waiting to take pictures this year. :)

Hmmm... would the guy in the picture be from Wuthering Heights? I can't remember if they're Swedish or not. Other than that, it has to be from Tad Morose, but I don't remember them being at the pre-party. Or this wasn't taken at the pre-party. hehe
-+-- t0ny --+-