Dreamspace

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:53 pm

I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
Agent Orange
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 1:25 pm
Location: Scheveningen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Agent Orange » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:56 pm

As much as I respect other people's opinion, I think you're wrong. This is one of their best albums ever, especially coz a lot of songs on it carry some sort of emotional value that somehow manages to strike a chord with me...

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:10 pm

Fair play....it is different to most their other stuff and i can see what you're saying...doens't strike me though...i prefer Destiny :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
iglehart
Sr. Member
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Biering,Chile
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by iglehart » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:33 pm

Uuuu bad mood man......i blieve you like stratovarius, so perhaps you may have other albums, so my points that you have to realized that dreamspace, it´s a classical album, in fact is one of the first of the band, so perhaps you should value the album not for the tracks , you should do it for the band, in fact the band has about 20 years of playing so yo have to consider that the album it´s quite old so be good
"i need to throw up..."

User avatar
soulforged the secon
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:47 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Dreamspace

Post by soulforged the secon » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:47 pm

i believe it's very nice ...maybe you didn't like it because it's not that mainstream....if you get my point

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Dreamspace is one of the best StratoAlbums. I like it very much. Tolkki is very emotive&his voice very expressive on this album. Some of the best StratoSongs are on this album. :rvd:
I will always defend it--so, I will always say it is a good album! :)

Yep- Tears of Ice is the best song--4th Reich is great&Hold on to Your Dream is wonderful. But, so is Eyes of the World&Wings of Tomorrow. Magic Carpet Ride is a nice song, too! :)
In other words, nobody better bash Dreamspace while I am around! ;)
I love that CD, but thats just my opinion!:)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:01 pm

(1488+13)
browneyedgirl wrote:Dreamspace is one of the best StratoAlbums.
Hehe, all of them is one of the best. :D

User avatar
Twilight Legionnaire
Sr. Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:44 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 pm

It's understandable that people who love the Kotipelto-era albums might not like the first three albums. They're quite different from the ones after 1994.

I love them all, though :D
perkele

User avatar
Lucid Faia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:18 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Lucid Faia » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Eyes Of The World, Dreamspace, Abyss, Wings Of Tomorrow.

Those four alone make it a great album.
A Lucid Mind

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:50 pm

iglehart wrote:Uuuu bad mood man......i blieve you like stratovarius, so perhaps you may have other albums, so my points that you have to realized that dreamspace, it´s a classical album, in fact is one of the first of the band, so perhaps you should value the album not for the tracks , you should do it for the band, in fact the band has about 20 years of playing so yo have to consider that the album it´s quite old so be good
Yes master Igleheart..forgive me for having such litle faith..i will go home in peace now..
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
Metal-Feanor
Jr. Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:41 pm
Location: Brasil
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Metal-Feanor » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:30 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE FUTURE and CHASING SHADOWS are just GREAT!
But i respect your opinion. :wink:
!!!!STRATOVARIUS!!!!

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:16 pm

Metal-Feanor wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE FUTURE and CHASING SHADOWS are just GREAT!
But i respect your opinion. :wink:
Good lad :wink:
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

bmaires
Jr. Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dreamspace

Post by bmaires » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:42 pm

Dreamspace is a good albun, TT have a great perfomance on singing and playing. (I don't speak about composing, TT always the best on that).

Bryant
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:30 am

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Bryant » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:25 am

htcdude wrote:I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
I know what you mean, I think it is a little weak, too. Just Fright night and Elements p1 are worse for me. Too few keyboards, so many songs sound too similar.

User avatar
Electric Eye
Sr. Member
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:26 pm

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Electric Eye » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:45 am

'Eyes Of The World' sounds like Blackmore's song from late Rainbow period, but I think I've said it before somewhere...
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

User avatar
Hellovarius the Simp
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Pécs, Hungary

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:43 am

htcdude wrote:I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
It is just too progressive to you! :lol: :jump:

User avatar
Hellovarius the Simp
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Pécs, Hungary

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:44 am

htcdude wrote:I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
It is just too progressive to you! :lol: :jump:

User avatar
Figaro1
Sr. Member
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Olari, Espoo, Finland

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Figaro1 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:16 pm

Dreamspace remains my favourite Strato album so far...
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

User avatar
shaz
Sr. Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Hellsinki

Re: Dreamspace

Post by shaz » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:07 pm

Dreamspace is definitely a classic.
It is an album that, like many masterpieces, gains it's full charisma over time. It sort of.. grows on you.
Each time I put the disc in a CD player and listen to Tolkki's last effort as a singer, Dreamspace sounds finer.
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:
htcdude wrote:I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
It is just too progressive to you! :lol: :jump:
Lol too progressive!?! Nah Dream Theater are too progressive :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
HvyMtlClickWitch
Sr. Member
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Future World
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:32 pm

Dream Theater is instrumental wankery. :lol:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

User avatar
KevinMoore
Jr. Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Fourth Dimension

Re: Dreamspace

Post by KevinMoore » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Dreamspace is diferent, more progresive, more dark, more atmosferic, more diverse, not a maistream, comercial album.

Dreamspace is the best track of Stratovarius in mi opinion.

User avatar
KevinMoore
Jr. Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Fourth Dimension

Re: Dreamspace

Post by KevinMoore » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Dreamspace is diferent, more progresive, more dark, more atmosferic, more diverse, not a maistream, comercial album.

Dreamspace is the best track of Stratovarius in mi opinion.

User avatar
Aresius
Sr. Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:09 am
Location: In my dreamspace

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Aresius » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:54 am

iglehart wrote:Uuuu bad mood man......i blieve you like stratovarius, so perhaps you may have other albums, so my points that you have to realized that dreamspace, it´s a classical album, in fact is one of the first of the band, so perhaps you should value the album not for the tracks , you should do it for the band, in fact the band has about 20 years of playing so yo have to consider that the album it´s quite old so be good
I think its preatty supid... do you like stratovarius because of the songs muscially or because they are just cool guys and the have been playing for 20 years... if he dosent like dreamspace its cool... but he dosent like it because of the SONGS not because of the guys ... SORY if its sound agressive, is not ;)


Personally i like the album, great songs... hopefully i will but it this weekend

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Equinox » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:59 am

I just want to say that Dreamspace and 4th Reich rulz. :D

With Wings Of Tomorrow Stratovarius started to sound more. . . symphonic and I really like that song.

Again: Dreamspace and 4th Reich rulz. :D

IMHO
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: Dreamspace

Post by Equinox » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:02 am

htcdude wrote:I just bought this album...it also has on the same CD the SOS Ep..i didn't realise these were released together????

Anyway i didn't like the album i think it's the worst one i have so far. Few good tracks but most of it sucks. Sorry!
Hey, if u don't like it, I can send ya my adress, and I will greatly appreciate it u sending it to me. :P
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:12 am

There are a few good tracks on it now :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Dreamspace

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:23 pm

Its one of those albums that gets better the more u listen to it. Those turn out to be the best ones :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
htcdude
Sr. Member
Posts: 6974
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: The Sonic Firestorm (Hayes, UK)
Contact:

Re: Dreamspace

Post by htcdude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:28 pm

There's still some that are poor i think...can't remember which ones i liked though...and does anyone else think 'Hold Onto Your Dream' sounds a lot like 'Paradise'???
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Dreamspace

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:31 pm

Correction, Paradise sounds like Hold Onto Your Dream :D (which was written first?)
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Locked