Stratovarius will play the 2005 tour in south america?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Yes the gods blessed the poor south america!
83%
No the gods dont like us(south american)
10%
Maybe, If Bush give to us all he stole on Iraq!
7%

Total votes: 30

Stratofan_br_Prestom

Post by Stratofan_br_Prestom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:22 am

What you think about it?
I hope yes.....and you?

Just a Vampire

Re: Stratovarius will play the 2005 tour in south america?

Post by Just a Vampire » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:26 am

I hope the gods be good with us. we deserve it
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:00 am

WHY oh WHY am I surrounded by such stubborn liberals?
Get some FACTS before you make blatant accusations!

Anyway I hope that Stratovarius comes to SA but I think it will be a US based/US&Canada tour only, based on whateve impressions I got.

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:56 pm

I don't think it'll be a US/Canada based tour only... Strato ALWAYS have come to Brazil, and I don't think they'll do it different this time.
It'll be really interesting if they could reach other S.A. countries, not doubt at all, specially now with the reunion... of course we have to keep in mind that if there’s not enough people to crowd a place they’d loose a lot of money. If I were in their shoes I wouldn’t go to a place where I’d have to pay to play... would you?
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:36 pm

I'm still waiting for a flippin' London gig!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Metal-Feanor

Post by Metal-Feanor » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:12 pm

Just a Vampire wrote:I hope the gods be good with us. we deserve it
Oh Yeah! i missed the last show! I'll not do it again! :wink:
!!!!STRATOVARIUS!!!!

Júlio tolkki

Post by Júlio tolkki » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:14 pm

Frist, god no, demon uahauha (i'm kidding) ehhhhh, i talk with timo tolkki , he said " yes, we gonna play in south america, uahuauah .

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Of course we are going to play in South America.
They are booking it at the moment.
I think it will start in Santiago early September.
Keep the Faith!!

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:25 pm

I really envy you americans :D I really hope Strato can make it here, to Portugal.
perkele

Júlio tolkki

Post by Júlio tolkki » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:32 pm

yeah, thanks timo

Libanez

Post by Libanez » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:50 pm

YUJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :o
O_O The boy who wanted tobe a real puppet O_O

Stratofan_br_Prestom

Money

Post by Stratofan_br_Prestom » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:14 pm

I heard that they dont want to go to south america becouse the money...
Some one sad me...I dont remember who that they lost money playing here...
Someone knows some about that?
Blease tell if you now!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:22 pm

Júlio tolkki wrote:uahuauah .
What is that???
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:25 pm

i don't live exactly in south america i live in mexico, anyway i hope to see them here in my country again , that would be nice :D :(
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

TimoTolkki

Re: Money

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:15 pm

Stratofan_br_Prestomar wrote:I heard that they dont want to go to south america becouse the money...
Some one sad me...I dont remember who that they lost money playing here...
Someone knows some about that?
Blease tell if you now!
We never made much money from touring. We always have put the money to the show production. It is very expensive, more than you guys know: flights, crew salaries (and THESE are the guys who do the horrible amount of work each day for us and they deserve their money) etc..
What was always very sad that we were not able to bring the same production to South America than we had in Europe.
But South/Central American atmosphere and the fans compensated always for that. I have some of my dearest memories from this continent.
One unforgettable moment was when we played in Recife/Brazil in 97 or 98 i don´t remember. It was a festival at the beach and it was delayed about 5 hours. So we played like 4 in the morning :)
But that was ok. We had a hotel by the beach and walked straight to stage. I will never forget the moment when we were playing "Will the sun rise" and the sun was actually rising on that very moment. It was so beautiful.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:08 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:One unforgettable moment was when we played in Recife/Brazil in 97 or 98 i don´t remember. It was a festival at the beach and it was delayed about 5 hours. So we played like 4 in the morning Smile
But that was ok. We had a hotel by the beach and walked straight to stage. I will never forget the moment when we were playing "Will the sun rise" and the sun was actually rising on that very moment. It was so beautiful.
Oh wow :shock: Crap, that must have been one awesome show.. :twisted:

Hey by the way, Timo, I know you're planning the American tour right now, but perhaps it's possible to give us an idea of when you're thinking of starting an European tour? :D

Cheers :beer:
perkele

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:25 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:One unforgettable moment was when we played in Recife/Brazil in 97 or 98 i don´t remember. It was a festival at the beach and it was delayed about 5 hours. So we played like 4 in the morning Smile

Hey by the way, Timo, I know you're planning the American tour right now, but perhaps it's possible to give us an idea of when you're thinking of starting an European tour? :D

Yes it is. Late October from Moscow. 6 weeks around Europe. :)

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:26 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

Sweeeeeeeeet. Thanks :D I'll talk to a few of my mates and we're going to ask a concert organizer over here (the same one that invited Judas Priest and Iron Maiden to Portugal) to invite you guys over here :D
perkele

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:49 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:But South/Central American atmosphere and the fans compensated always for that. I have some of my dearest memories from this continent.
One unforgettable moment was when we played in Recife/Brazil in 97 or 98 i don´t remember. It was a festival at the beach and it was delayed about 5 hours. So we played like 4 in the morning :)
Hey, that must’ve been really incredible! Recife beaches are really amazing, I’m glad you enjoyed! :)
São Paulo ain’t as beautiful as Recife but we also had a very special and unforgettable moment here: do you remember back in 1998 when we run out of energy (is that right?) in the middle of the gig?
Kotipelto + the acoustic guitar + the crowd singing with you?
THAT was a real acoustic gig and a very touching moment.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Paola

Post by Paola » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:54 pm

Please it comes to Colombia more to Bogota than all the culture of the metal that knows them here requests so that they return again (Before if they come it will see if a stroll by the City occurs them :D )
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:25 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

That's awesome news, I'm waiting to see you guys in France, it will be my first StatoGig so I hope it will be one fucking hell of one :D
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:13 am

Cristiane wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:But South/Central American atmosphere and the fans compensated always for that. I have some of my dearest memories from this continent.
Hey, that must’ve been really incredible! Recife beaches are really amazing, I’m glad you enjoyed! :)
São Paulo ain’t as beautiful as Recife but we also had a very special and unforgettable moment here: do you remember back in 1998 when we run out of energy (is that right?) in the middle of the gig?
Kotipelto + the acoustic guitar + the crowd singing with you?
THAT was a real acoustic gig and a very touching moment.
:) How could I forget that.

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:37 am

TimoTolkki wrote:Of course we are going to play in South America.
Keep the Faith!!
Holy shit im so happy and its just a rumor... thank you so muchhh for keeping the flame alive and the argentinian people will give you the south american energy as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Chronologo

Post by Chronologo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:28 am

That's is StratoMagic!!!!!!!!

I understand that stuff of the money, is very complicated but I know that you will make the effort and put the best on here when you come to Chile.

The best of all is that you probably start here!
No more doubts, my dreams will come true, leaving this pain behind,someday I'll touch the sky and fly high...

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:37 pm

Of course!!! They will come... :D
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 am

well i just sent a formal request to the arena monterrey (big stadium for events and sports, dream theater and yes! played there :))
hopefully both the band and organizers will coordinate to bring the band here!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Livia Dencker

Post by Livia Dencker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:24 am

TimoTolkki wrote:Of course we are going to play in South America.
Keep the Faith!!
Well... i'm Brazilian but Santiago is nearly than Greece... :P Maybe I can go...
TimoTolkki wrote:
We never made much money from touring. We always have put the money to the show production. It is very expensive, more than you guys know: flights, crew salaries (and THESE are the guys who do the horrible amount of work each day for us and they deserve their money) etc..
I work for nothing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well... I think I can't carry the drums... :lol: :D :lol: :D

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:13 am

Oh, I can imagine how special will be the new shows in Brazil, after all the storm...

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:18 am

TimoTolkki wrote: What was always very sad that we were not able to bring the same production to South America than we had in Europe.
Don't worry, guy! We feel blessed only for hearing your songs played for us, believe me!

And thanks for remember that show at the beach. Besides the dust & wind, it was fantastic!

dupinguez

Post by dupinguez » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:11 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

That's awesome news, I'm waiting to see you guys in France, it will be my first StatoGig so I hope it will be one fucking hell of one :D
Same here!! Actually i don't want to be annoying with redondant questions but do you plan to tour France??
Mad Butcher & Eternal Devastation
Worst of All Horrendous Post-Makers From Hell