Question about the U.S. tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
brought2ubyletterC

Question about the U.S. tour

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:25 am

Hi everyone. Image

Some of you might remember me; I used to post quite frequently here until about a year or so ago. For those of you who do, hello to you all. To those of you who don't, my name is C. and I'm a huge Strato fan from the U.S. and have been waiting since 1998 for a chance to see Strato anywhere in this country, let alone in a town near me.

Anyway, my question is...has there been any tourdates scheduled yet for California? The closest major city to me is Los Angeles and I have not seen any shows for that.

Maybe Jens can answer this...do you still have my e-mail address, my friend? You can just e-mail me if you want if it's faster for you. When are you guys coming to L.A. so I can buy you all a drink as my way of saying thanks for finally getting here?!

See you all later and while my posts have been practically zilch over the last year, I'll try to come in when I can more often. :)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

browneyedgirl

Re: Question about the U.S. tour

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:43 am

Hey C! I wondered what happened to you! You were missed.

I imagine they will tour LA---thats almost an assurance! You are lucky to live close to a big city at that time---I figure it will be a BIG crowd for that one! ;) :headbang:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:06 am

(1535+13)

Welcome back C!
I saw, that you are a mod on the Nightwish forum, and I bet, you have to work there a lot. But I hope, that we can see your posts here as well.

About the shows in the US: well, there are still so many free days left, which could be filled with concerts, that you all still have hope.

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:01 am

This question has already been addressed on another thread and I too live just outside of L.A. and am happy to tel you that according to

www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth. ... emID=33893

They will play at the Key club and the galaxy theatre in santa ana .... I checked ticketmaster and there is only tickets availible for the Galaxy show right now...im just waiting for confirmation so i dont get my feelings screwed around with like the Sonata tour.... :cry: :cry: :cry: very disappointing

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:14 am

So... any rumored gigs for Ohio or the rest of the midwest? :)
A Lucid Mind

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:36 pm

[quote="STRATOPHILIUS"]This question has already been addressed on another thread and I too live just outside of L.A. and am happy to tel you that according to

www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth. ... emID=33893

They will play at the Key club and the galaxy theatre in santa ana .... I checked ticketmaster and there is only tickets availible for the Galaxy show right now...im just waiting for confirmation so i dont get my feelings screwed around with like the Sonata tour.... :cry: :cry: :cry: very disappointing[/quote]

I returned my Sonata tickets the other day too :cry: :cry: :cry: I was really really disappointed about them skipping L.A. when I already had tickets! :cry: I hope the Strato crew won't tease us like Sonata did with their U.S. tour!

The Enigma

Post by The Enigma » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi C!
It's been a long wait for you, I know, but now it looks like you're going to see Strato playing live anyway! :)

Timo Tolkki said in the other thread, that their booking agency is working on the scheduleadding more dates, and all dates except Progpower VI are tentative and subject to change until confirmed in the tour-section at www.stratovarius.com
Patince please all, the tour is still six months ahead. :wink:
The 1st rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:56 pm

I'm not gonna get my hopes up....

If I can just keep saying that, I'll be OK because nothing hurts like disappointment--although I should be used to it by now. :?

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:33 am

Tickets for the California dates seem to be on sale, but because of the whole Sonata/Nightwish bull, I'm gonna wait to but tickets because I don't get my hopes up just yet. Anyone else feel me here ?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:18 am

Burning Reflection wrote:Tickets for the California dates seem to be on sale, but because of the whole Sonata/Nightwish bull, I'm gonna wait to but tickets because I don't get my hopes up just yet. Anyone else feel me here ?
Yep--I'm not from LA, but I will wait&see where the closest venue is---I hope they play Huntsville, Nashville, or Birmingham--but, just hpe they play anywhere I can drive or catch a bus! =P

zenguitar

santa ana

Post by zenguitar » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:49 pm

Sun, 10/09/05
08:00 PM
Stratovarius
Galaxy Theatre
Santa Ana, CA

confirmed on ticketmaster

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/961216

zenguitar

oops...

Post by zenguitar » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:53 pm

nevermind...if I knew how to take my last post off I would...since someone already mentioned it...sorry about that

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 am

Oh my God, that's 4 days after my birthday!!!!!!

I can't wait! I've been to the Galaxy before to see Dream Theater, it's a great place with awesome sound! You can't take pictures, which sucks, but we can't have everything, can we?

Oh man, does anyone know if the Key Club show is the night before or after the Galaxy show? I'd love to go to both gigs but if I can only get to one that will be enough for me! I will probably go to visit my family that weekend and go to the gig on Sunday. Now that I know the gig is on a Sunday maybe I will have some luck finding someone to go with me!

Figures now that I've moved over 2 hours away from L.A. that all the great bands are playing there!

It doesn't matter...I will work something out. This is going to be my birthday present to myself, I already know that much. And Jens, you never answered my question as to whether or not you'll let me buy you guys a drink when you get there. ;)

And hello to all the oldies here at the forum that remember me...I'm not only moderating at Nightwish forum but at the Oceansouls of America forum as well, so yeah, I've been hella busy keeping things in order at both places. Not to mention I was bummed out for a long time over what I thought was the breakup of Strato that I couldn't bear to come here anymore. But hopefully I will pop in more often these days, especially as news of the tour unfolds. I've waited nearly 7 years for this!!!

Zachman

Post by Zachman » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:42 am

I think the show at the key club is on the tenth, so its after the galaxy theatre show. I will be going to the Key Club for this one....i cant wait....
-Zach

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 pm

That is even cooler, at least I don't have to worry about transportation between the shows since they are so close together and I can just stay in L.A. My boyfriend already said he wants to go to at least one of the shows with me, he'll probably go with me to the Galaxy show since they have tables and chairs there and since we're both disabled, aren't very good at standing for extended periods of time (though no matter where I go I always take my wheelchair so that's no problem).

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:06 pm

Hi C!
Nice to see you (or read you :) )
Enjoy the show, I hope you can make it. :)

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:07 pm

Nice to see you too again, OPOJ. Image

I'm pretty sure I will make it; we just have to work out a few details here at home before we make some travel plans. But no doubt I will at least be at one of the shows!