Rare Strato item?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
iron_thunder
Re: Rare Strato item?

Post by iron_thunder » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:27 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: And I also have Kotipelto's Reasons single I heard it was released only in Finland, but I found it quite easily here :/
it's the Take Me Away single that was only released in Finland (100 copies). Correct me if I'm being totally stupid and wrong :P

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:47 pm

iron_thunder wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote: And I also have Kotipelto's Reasons single I heard it was released only in Finland, but I found it quite easily here :/
it's the Take Me Away single that was only released in Finland (100 copies). Correct me if I'm being totally stupid and wrong :P
You are right, it was Take me Away the only-in-Finland release, but it was 1000 copies of it. :)

tony_kiss

Post by tony_kiss » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:52 am

I have Tolkkis ESP handmade custom guitarr, Visions Finish coldrecord, Infinite tour handpainted bass plate then i have some testpressings of vinyl records. :roll:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:06 am

Oh yeah i have the 'yellow 7" vinyl' edition of A Million Light Years Away or whatever it is. Dunno how rare that is either.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:42 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Ole wrote:Well, my most valued item is Visions of Destiny printed bootleg. Anyone know more about that one?
All I know is that it is quite rare indeed, about 20 bucks on eBay.
Well... if people are stupid to buy...

Most of those Visions Of Destiny are self-made copies.
From what I was told, there are really few "original" bootleg of it (500ex if I remember right)

One guy used to sell few of them on eBay.
I was a bit surprised and curious so I asked him questions about the item. He admitted that he made those CDs himself with CDR and label & cover he printed himself! When I asked him "and you sell them ???", he just said "but hei, this is a rare stuff!". I think he was banned from eBay, after I wrote to the site !

Hei, perhaps I should start to sell my own "Stratovarius in Lyon 96" bootleg
and get money from it !

No no... seriously, this is total bullshit. band get no money, but stupid assh*le get, with those silly bootlegs. Just stay away from eBay. You can find more illegal stuffs there than in the russian blackmarket !
Some people (not even fan of bands) take the gig advert posters in front of venues just to sell them 10€ or 20€ on eBay. some people (working in radios or magazines) get promo CD for FREE : they sell them on eBay.

@Dawn : I think my gf will be ok with the idea, as long as it's only to get your rare Strato stuff for free : she's a Strato fan too 8)
<b>This is wrong</b>

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am

cliff wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:
Ole wrote:Well, my most valued item is Visions of Destiny printed bootleg. Anyone know more about that one?
All I know is that it is quite rare indeed, about 20 bucks on eBay.
Well... if people are stupid to buy...
But people ARE stupid man :D
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:09 pm

I guess my Kiss Of Judas promo and Fright Night LP. Nothing else.

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:41 pm

Dawn_is_Here wrote: You are right, it was Take me Away the only-in-Finland release, but it was 1000 copies of it. :)
actually, it was 900 :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Ole

Post by Ole » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:33 pm

Well, bootlegs does not make the band any money, but I have bought so many cd's that I think I deserve that one ;)

My Visions of Destiny is the printed one, in a jewelcase. I have also heard of a digipack version? Or is that just rumours?
Blah!

loafmaster

Post by loafmaster » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:58 pm

Ole wrote:Well, bootlegs does not make the band any money, but I have bought so many cd's that I think I deserve that one ;)

My Visions of Destiny is the printed one, in a jewelcase. I have also heard of a digipack version? Or is that just rumours?
I own a digipack version of Visions of Destiny. So it's not rumours. :)

khamael

Post by khamael » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:53 pm

I AhVe JeNs 'S toenaiL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:33 pm

cliff wrote:@Dawn : I think my gf will be ok with the idea, as long as it's only to get your rare Strato stuff for free : she's a Strato fan too 8)
Oh really? Well, I think it's fair as long as I get your rare stuff for free also. 8)
(but my bf must never know!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:30 pm

Dawn_is_Here wrote:
cliff wrote:@Dawn : I think my gf will be ok with the idea, as long as it's only to get your rare Strato stuff for free : she's a Strato fan too 8)
Oh really? Well, I think it's fair as long as I get your rare stuff for free also. 8)
That's not a deal, I have more items than you ! :lol:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:21 pm

cliff wrote:
Dawn_is_Here wrote:
That's not a deal, I have more items than you ! :lol:
That's true *now*, but you don't know how "freakie" I could be regarding these rare issues, and I'm on my way to get *all*... :roll:
Anyway, I think it'll be better if we just stay friends and forget about this "convenience marriage" :lol:

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:59 pm

Firelily T-Shirt.
It's rare in Brazil coz almost no one here can pay 17E + shipping for a T-Shirt. :wink: