In which album does Koti sing best?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Seiya
In which album does Koti sing best?

Post by Seiya » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:08 am

for me its Visions.

Kotipelto truly sings so beautiful in that album, there arent extremely high notes like other albums (sometimes it can sound weird) yet, kotipelto maintains a great balance through out the album. something about his singing that just makes the best of Visions. (Im sure its also something to do with the mix at the time of recording the album, its perfect), sure.. the guitar is awesome and keyboards etc.. but the singing in for example... Paradise, Kiss of Judas, Coming Home.. among others.. just have its amazing moments that not only makes the best vocals in any strato album, but also in my opinion the best album of all.

now dont get me wrong, the elements albums are really good! but not EVEN close to Visions.

what do you all think?

Porter

Re: In which album does Koti sing best?

Post by Porter » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:12 am

I'd have to say Infinite. Some albums he kind of goes out of his range i.e on Elements Part II, but in Infinite he sticks to his guns.
I know your name it's called Mr.Mean
One thing i've learned you don't know beans
:lol:

shaz

Post by shaz » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Both Elements, IMO.
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:15 pm

Well hard to say, as there are always some songs i seem to like and some which might be annoying from time to time, but i would say the most songs with my favourite vocals would be on Episode and Visions, which are my fav. albums anyway... and he isnt singing too high most of the time...

Not that sure because i dont really listen to that much clean vocals nowadays....
Delusions Of Grandeur

k-a-

Post by k-a- » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:41 pm

I personally enjoy his singing in Elements Pt. I

Eagleheart, Fantasia, Find Your Voice, Learning to fly

<3 those songs

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:34 pm

Both Elements and Episode. 8)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:48 pm

(1622+13)

*sigh*
On every album he sings.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:04 am

Beast_Pete wrote:(1622+13)

*sigh*
On every album he sings.
:lol:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:40 am

Fourth Dimension, no doubt. He had a very, very strong voice and a little nordic accent, which gave to the musics something special. He changed it very much since that album, maybe to make the band grow in the ShowB, but I prefer him there.

Of course, everything with the TK's voice will be excelent, but that's just my opinion.

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:51 am

Infinite and Elements Pt.1

I'd like to remark that I loved the vocals of A FEW songs in Elements Pt.2, Maybe they are the best Kotipelto performances (I Walk to my own song, Luminous...) but taking the whole album I find it a bit irregular. It depends of the song.

In Infinite or Elements Pt.1, I find vocals in a very good average level.
Mariano

Seiya

Post by Seiya » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:08 am

StratoHeart wrote:Fourth Dimension, no doubt.
interesting, I sometimes listen to fourth dimension, not too much though, only songs like twilight symphony and distant skies are the ones with the best vocals. and in my opinion We Hold the Key has one of the best chorus from any strato song, koti has a very powerfull voice in there.
Inventariado wrote:Infinite and Elements Pt.1

I'd like to remark that I loved the vocals of A FEW songs in Elements Pt.2, Maybe they are the best Kotipelto performances (I Walk to my own song, Luminous...) but taking the whole album I find it a bit irregular. It depends of the song.

In Infinite or Elements Pt.1, I find vocals in a very good average level.
Infinite was pretty good on the vocal side, I was very happy with the result, even though visions will be my all time favorite, it was still very good. I believe they changed their style on this album, it wasnt as epic as the past ones, and its the epic bits in songs like kiss of judas that really made stratovarius my favorite band.

after that, when elements pt.1 came in I was a bit dissapointed since it was a very depressing album.. I guess tolkki was going through some tough times or something..

anyways.. id give anything for strato to go back to the kiss of judas times. and come up with something like that. kiss of judas is the only song that has given me goosebumps the first time I heard it, and sometimes it still does.

Seiya

Post by Seiya » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:22 am

of course.. Im not saying that koti sings bad in the elements albums, .. Im not a voice expert or anything, and Im sure kotipelto is giving 100% on those albums, and probably his best performance vocalwise,besides his voice will never sound bad, because its amazing! just saying I prefer the ones before infinite.... pure preference

I mean.. I consider songs like I walk to my own song, luminous, find your own voice, and learning to fly are among kotipelto's best performances.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:49 am

for me its episode, visions and elements albums
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Libanez

Post by Libanez » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:59 am

Elements albums,

Koti changed his singing form in elements pt.1 he has a higher voice than past albums
O_O The boy who wanted tobe a real puppet O_O

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:47 am

I'd say Episode and Visions. Also Fourth Dimension, Destiny and Infinite are not bad at all neither.
Not too high voicerange... and i think TK is more comfortable to sing on these albums than to sing too high (i'm not sure it was his choice..) on Elements albums, even if his high tunes are quite amazing!
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Pummiii

Post by Pummiii » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Both Elements albums. His voice is just amazing in newest albums

Silent Person

Post by Silent Person » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:29 pm

His voice is best in Destiny

cliff

Post by cliff » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:38 pm

difficult to say. Kotipelto is an amazing singer. Perhaps "Fourth Dimension" ?

At least the albums in which his singing is the worst, are "Elements part I" and "Elements part II". This is way toooo high.
How can people think it's his best singing ?
<b>This is wrong</b>

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:58 pm

In my humble opinion his voice is the cleanest in both Elements, specially in pt 2, of which means also the best. Of course the worst is Fourth Dimension, the voice hasn´t developed yet at that time.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:36 pm

(1625+13)
Silent Person wrote:His voice is best in Destiny
If I had to choose, then Destiny. Mainly because of the perfect title song. But I don't think, that his voice can be considered better or worse on different albums.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:18 am

cliff wrote:difficult to say. Kotipelto is an amazing singer. Perhaps "Fourth Dimension" ?

At least the albums in which his singing is the worst, are "Elements part I" and "Elements part II". This is way toooo high.
How can people think it's his best singing ?
I agree in both opinions. Elements was a great disappointment to me, really: Kotipelto's voice is powerful in medium/high-but-not-that-much notes, and, to me, it ever was his identity as a singer - and the trademark of Stratovarius as a melodic metal band.
Just hear Find Your Own Voice... it seems his voice will fade away next second! And especially Know the Difference... shit, what the hell is that?!?

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 am

Beast_Pete wrote: If I had to choose, then Destiny. Mainly because of the perfect title song.
Beast_Pete: the biggest fan of Destiny in this forum! :wink:
You're absolutely right, the song Destiny is actually one of the most incredible performances by a melodic metal singer!

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:43 am

StratoHeart wrote: I agree in both opinions. Elements was a great disappointment to me, really: Kotipelto's voice is powerful in medium/high-but-not-that-much notes, and, to me, it ever was his identity as a singer - and the trademark of Stratovarius as a melodic metal band.
Yes, that's right. And this is not only about Kotipelto, but about every singer. They all have vocal limits, and if you try to sing higher than you can, it sounds awful. Jorn Lande (who is a uncredible singer!) has pbms like this. Kai Hansen (who has a really powerful singing) sounds awful if he sings too high. even Bruce Dickinson has this pbms sometimes.
For example "Find Your Own Voice" live, was sang 1 octaver below, and it sounded a hundred time better than the album version.
The pbm of those Elements albums is that Tolkki wanted to give a really high singing, with the idea in mind that it could sound like a female singer. Kotipelto is a really REALLY great singer, but he is not a woman 8)

I agree with you about the song Destiny. It is one of the best metal songs ever written. It has so many different parts + the singing part (the vocal line + the singing) is totally perfect. Mister Tolkki, thumbs up ! 8)
<b>This is wrong</b>

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:33 am

cliff wrote: The pbm of those Elements albums is that Tolkki wanted to give a really high singing, with the idea in mind that it could sound like a female singer. Kotipelto is a really REALLY great singer, but he is not a woman 8)
That's what i said...It was not the choice of Kotipelto to sing so high.

And fortunately for him that he's not a woman...we had seen it... :roll: 8)

Leo

Post by Leo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Elements PT.2

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:54 pm

mmm

4th dimension has great vocals in some songs like we hold the key but timo was steel learning.

Episode has AMAZING vocals in this album ( babylon, seasons of change ) here he was already pro

Visions has mostly the same kind of vocals that episode ( coming home, black diamond...ect )

Destiny is amazing i think that in this album timo almost reached his maximun voice power ( venus in the morning, years go bye, destiny)

Infinite has great vocals to but i dont know there is something that i dont like of this album but is great to ( infinite, hunting high and low )

Elements pt1 pt2 are great albums with great vocals i think that kotipelto in this albums finally learned to master the full control of his hiper highs tones and he sounds great and with great emotion ( find your own voice, elmenets, soulof a vagabond, seasons of faiths perfection, dreamweaver...ect )

Kotipelto waiting for the dawn album remainds me to visions vocals i dont know why
Kotipelto Reasons album has great vocals with lot of technique and heart... not so much hight tones and some low cool ones.. its different of strato style but its amazing to..

TIMO ROCKS!

Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:47 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:(1622+13)

*sigh*
On every album he sings.
Without Fourth Dimension
Nothing to say.

Seiya

Post by Seiya » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:07 pm

man.. I dont understand whats the bashing on fourth dimension, songs like distant skies, we hold the key, twilight symphony, against the wind have one of the most amazing vocals ever. what is it that you think its wrong with that album? the notes int hat album arent too high or too low.. its really perfect.

Ole

Post by Ole » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:04 pm

Destiny is probably THE most underated metal album ever. How could it be more perfect? And the singing! Eargasm!
Blah!

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:24 am

Fourth Dimension is a good album too! All i can say is that TK was in a period of progress for his voice...We can see the evolution of his singing album after album.

Of course people have different opinions...As the respect of the tastes from all are here. :wink: