Jens, I Need help !

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Mathieu_Power
Jens, I Need help !

Post by Mathieu_Power » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:22 am

Hey Jens ! I just bought a Yamaha DX7 some weeks ago and I am quite..unhappy of the sounds :S

So I though you could maybe help me to get better sounds for metal and rock :P Because what I have on this mamouth keyboard is some UFO sounds and 100% synth souding strings...I guest you added these sounds from others keys or simply created them ?

But beside the sounds, what a cool keyboard :d I understand why you use it live :P

Holy Light

Re: Jens, I Need help !

Post by Holy Light » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:02 am

Man oh man, I million questions to Jens. You should probably check out his website.

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Holy Light wrote:Man oh man, I million questions to Jens. You should probably check out his website.
or write PM, but if he did that, we wouldn't know that he has a question to Jens, and play keys. So now you know what has a major importance...
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

khamael

Post by khamael » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:37 pm

Mathieu_Power wrote:Hey Jens ! I just bought a Yamaha DX7 some weeks ago and I am quite..unhappy of the sounds :S

So I though you could maybe help me to get better sounds for metal and rock :P Because what I have on this mamouth keyboard is some UFO sounds and 100% synth souding strings...I guest you added these sounds from others keys or simply created them ?

But beside the sounds, what a cool keyboard :d I understand why you use it live :P

Dude, Jens use the DX7 as a midi-controller.

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:47 pm

haha that DX7 is useless if you use it alone...its just a good controller, you have 32 patches at your finger tips! no punching in any numbers or anything...i have 2 racks hooked up to it and ocassionally my Matrix 12 =) get a JV-1080, you won't be dissapointed.
MY GEAR LIST!

-YAMAHA DX7
-KORG POLYSIX
-KORG PME 40X
-JV 1080 (W/ ORCHESTRAL BOARD)
-KORG 01R/W
-EV SPEAKERS

THANK YOU JENS FOR THE INFLUENCE!

Mike

Caduceus@tmail.com

gerr

Post by gerr » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:09 pm

And I still have a fukin shit of Casio CTK-671, if anyone knows it... I dont think so hehehe, I bought it last year but I havent done music in my life so I dont know how to play it, Im strarting some classes and finger training, so I think this Casio is a good way to start... do you know where can I get new sounds or if it is even possible to get new sounds, I'm new to the keyboard world, if someone knows a good web with information about the keyboard world I would be very grateful! thx!

gerr

Post by gerr » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:10 pm

double post :roll:

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:14 pm

gerr wrote:I'm new to the keyboard world, if someone knows a good web with information about the keyboard world I would be very grateful! thx!
I suggest www.google.com

If you can't find what you're looking for there, I suggest you go to elementary school and learn how to read. Nah really, there's never too much information if you're really interested, reading and learning everything that comes on your way is a good way to make progress :) By time you'll find your own ways and learn how to filter out unnecessary stuff but you'll only know when you're ready for that when you are!

Ole

Post by Ole » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:45 am

As said before, the dx7 is not useless! You can create lot's of funny and riveting sounds on it. Will take you some time, of course. But the thing is, a dx7 will never be able to produce good sounding acoustic instruments like for example a piano. But it is a good synth! Now, save up some money and start looking for a module.

*Plays a DX7-||d through a Kurzweil 1000 PX+*
Blah!