Black Diamond live

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
empi
Black Diamond live

Post by empi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:05 am

today i listened to black diamond on visions of europe and on i walk to my own song.

the endings are very different. i prefer the one from the visions of europe version. it's about 4:52 wehre timo sings very high.

i love it ! there is so much feeling in this passage. i hope he will sing it on the tour in autumn this way. on the elements tour it was this oohohoh version from the single :D

what is your opinion ?

greetz

MaFiaBoY

Re: Black Diamond live

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:15 pm

I prefer the one on IWTMOS, it's much faster and has much more power. I like Forever on it very much too.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:50 pm

I prefer both. =P Ok, rather the "new style". I makes me croon the song. It's so melodic.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

littledrummerboy_gr

Post by littledrummerboy_gr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:04 pm

Of course black diamond live has more emotion and is more powerfull.. u know why? because its recorded in my country.. GREECE! and we are the most fanatic fans with strat and metal in general!!! hellas champions of europe 2004
"Each tear drop from your eyes makes something inside me die.. Each of these days that draws us apart.. takes a piece from my heart!"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:06 pm

littledrummerboy_gr wrote:u know why? because its recorded in my country.. GREECE! and we are the most fanatic fans with strat and metal in general
Everyone has their own opinions :wink:

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:52 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
littledrummerboy_gr wrote:u know why? because its recorded in my country.. GREECE! and we are the most fanatic fans with strat and metal in general
Everyone has their own opinions :wink:
Yeah everyone has their own opinions, and i guess there are a lot of louder fans in every country :wink:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:28 pm

And it's not recorded only in your country. :P hehe
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:11 pm

littledrummerboy_gr wrote:Of course black diamond live has more emotion and is more powerfull.. u know why? because its recorded in my country.. GREECE! and we are the most fanatic fans with strat and metal in general!!! hellas champions of europe 2004
Actually you should know that Brazil is considered as the loudest country ever for music, not Greece.
You should also know that the "noise" of the audience isn't the most important thing. "Warmness" is not necessary loud. Of course you need lot of crazy people screaming when there is a live recording, but it's not the main thing. Ask to many bands in which country they like to play the most. They will probably all answer Japan. Japonese people don't scream or jump everywhere, but they have the Heart !

And another thing... I don't understand what is so interesting in screaming like hell, sing all along and jump everywhere during a gig, or to want to be the closest possible of the stage and so on.
Why not to scream when it's necessary and the rest of time to enjoy the show ?

edit : some fans are so crazy that they would be ready to kill other fans just because they want to get the drum stick or to be the closest they can of the stage. They want to be so close of the stage that they are pushing you and you can't even breath (even here in France). If you go to a gig Finland for ex, people respect other people and don't tread on them, for ex.
<b>This is wrong</b>

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:19 pm

cliff wrote:Why not to scream when it's necessary and the rest of time to enjoy the show .
Or sing along with the vocalist. That's what I do everytime, can't help myself.

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:45 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: Or sing along with the vocalist. That's what I do everytime, can't help myself.
Well... I do it too. always. but perhaps it's not always a good thing, especially for the pp around you during the gig who wants to listen to the singer's singing, not yours :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:58 pm

cliff wrote:
edit : some fans are so crazy that they would be ready to kill other fans just because they want to get the drum stick or to be the closest they can of the stage. They want to be so close of the stage that they are pushing you and you can't even breath (even here in France).
Yes you're right, and i don't like neither this kind of behavior...
Wanting to get absolutely a drum stick for example is a bit fanatic i think, especially when the fans hurt you if they can catch it.. :?
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:41 pm

Jaja, so if some ten year old kid grabs the stick he's flogged to the ground by other fans to get the drumstick? :shock:
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:46 pm

fifthtea_sausage wrote:Jaja, so if some ten year old kid grabs the stick he's flogged to the ground by other fans to get the drumstick? :shock:
There's no way a 10 yo grabs the stick, he won'tbe tall enough :p But I guess that's what would happen, yeah...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:49 pm

cliff wrote:Japonese people don't scream or jump everywhere, but they have the Heart !
I have a bootleg from a japanese show, where they scream a lot... mostly in the begining of course.

BTW, I love to sing loud, eventhough my voice is terrible. And therefore I don't care, if others sing too... don't care??? Well, I love it, when others sing as well. :)
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:50 pm

That went to the extreme with Michael Jackson and his "Billie Jean" hat, anyone seen those? People really got crazy and I guess in many cases there was no hat for the lucky one to bring home, just shreds :lol:

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:05 pm

Jaakko wrote:That went to the extreme with Michael Jackson and his "Billie Jean" hat, anyone seen those?
Ja I did. That was scary! in really few seconds the hat became pieces of konfettis !
<b>This is wrong</b>

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:21 pm

cliff wrote:
Jaakko wrote:That went to the extreme with Michael Jackson and his "Billie Jean" hat, anyone seen those?
Ja I did. That was scary! in really few seconds the hat became pieces of konfettis !
At least, everyone could have one :lol: