Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
User avatar
stratotassos
Jr. Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:03 am

Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by stratotassos » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:04 pm

Hey there...!!! Greetings from Greece!!!

There is a problem as I try to download the Maniac Dance video.....
First of all its downloaded in less than one second (unbelievable speed dont u think?) and secondly it doesnt open with media player neither with winamp..(I am talking about the Media player Format). So..... any troubleshooting?????

Thank u in advance......

Tassos

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:26 pm

The file you downloaded is not the actual video but a file containing a lik for Media Player to download it when you open the file. So you have to open the file you downloaded in WMP and wait a bit for it to download the video. This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:03 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
I second that.
I´ve tried around 50 times with WMP and every time those problems appear. Luck the single will be released already on 8th August.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
Twilight Legionnaire
Sr. Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:44 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:07 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote: This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
I second that.
I´ve tried around 50 times with WMP and every time those problems appear. Luck the single will be released already on 8th August.
That's probably why. The video is going to be on the single, if I remember correctly what TT said :)

It wouldn't make much sense to let anyone just download it. The single looks really worth it, to me.
perkele

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote: This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
I second that.
I´ve tried around 50 times with WMP and every time those problems appear. Luck the single will be released already on 8th August.
That's probably why. The video is going to be on the single, if I remember correctly what TT said :)

It wouldn't make much sense to let anyone just download it. The single looks really worth it, to me.
The Kiss Of Judas video can be downloaded forom the website, and it's also on Visions album. Same goes for A Million Lightyears Away. Anyway, I'm definitely gonna buy the single, video or not :p
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

fifthtea_sausage
Sr. Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:26 am

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm

You shouldn't right click and do "save target as" because as Mafiaboy said, you're downloading a link, essentially. Instead, just try to left click on the link and stream it. If this doesn't work, I would like to recommend Realplayer to you.

Realplayer is kind of an annoying program in my opinion, but it does work great when it comes to streaming. You can download it:

http://www.download.com/RealPlayer/3000 ... 73040.html

With that said, perhaps actually going ahead and right clicking and selecting 'save target as' and saving the file, then going ahead and right clicking on the file and I think somewhere in properties you'll get the option (opens with) and you'll be able to select realplayer from the list.

Actually now that I think about it you can just click the lower link on the mainpage (not the windows media center one) if you downloaded Realplayer and it'll just work through realplayer automatically.

Stratosfear
Sr. Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by Stratosfear » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:14 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:The file you downloaded is not the actual video but a file containing a lik for Media Player to download it when you open the file. So you have to open the file you downloaded in WMP and wait a bit for it to download the video. This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
Because RealAudio & Windows Media Player = better quality = small file size.

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Trouble with downloading "Maniac Dance" video

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:35 am

Stratosfear wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:The file you downloaded is not the actual video but a file containing a lik for Media Player to download it when you open the file. So you have to open the file you downloaded in WMP and wait a bit for it to download the video. This is crap, why couldn't they put a lik to a mpeg/avi video just like the others ?
Because RealAudio & Windows Media Player = better quality = small file size.
The file is already big enough for my 56k modem and the video quality doesn't seem very good by the little bits of it I managed to watch...
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Locked