I now Hate Tolkki

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Aresius
Re: I now Hate Tolkki

Post by Aresius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:32 am

they dont play longer shows man... what are you talking about... at least not here in argentina, its the same fucking shit, support bands play really early so there is no problem

Chronologo

Post by Chronologo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:54 am

pretty strange here in chile will be two opening bands, delta and transylvania, and the show will be on sunday.I don't now the reason why they don't have openings bands in north america, just one question, are you angry because they didn't invite your band to do opening again?
No more doubts, my dreams will come true, leaving this pain behind,someday I'll touch the sky and fly high...

Jack

Post by Jack » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:21 am

Opening is not the way to gain fame. It may very well be the opposite. No offense to you at all, but when an audience is treated to an opening act, they will usually just be impatient for the main show... personally, im glad there's no opening act for Montreal now (again no offense) cause thats just more strato i get to see and hear.

Stratosfear

Post by Stratosfear » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 am

Aresius wrote:Support bands dont take time from strato, bands play before strato, for example if there are 2 bands before strato in the STRATOVARIUS gig they are going to start playing at 6 o clock so by 10 stratovarius can start and make theire gig!!
How you can know, that show(s) could start 6pm? If show starts 6pm, then doors maybe 5pm. Too early, I say. Stratovarius needs to travel and setup their equipments.

Boy-85

Post by Boy-85 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:17 pm

If he has been in such show(s)? Also a bit early, I think. And speaking of supports, not every band play every gig of the tour, at least I have understood so (except on Ozzfest, maybe). And sometimes there could be just a local band, and not always the same if there are gigs on different dates at a specific venue.

khamael

Post by khamael » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:29 pm

This forum needs HUGE moderation.

Boy-85

Post by Boy-85 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:50 pm

So you've noticed also? Haven't seen a moderator around for as long as I can remember.

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:46 pm

Equinox wrote:I'm sorry to hear.

A band called Into Eternity i sgoing to open here in NYC.
I have no idea of who they are.
But I'll get there late. 8)
Into Eternity kicks ass. Show up on time or you lose. :wink:

I'll be at that show too and it will be about the 6 or 7th time I've seem them. Can't wait! :headbang:
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:55 pm

AMBR@BEC wrote:
Equinox wrote:I'm sorry to hear.

A band called Into Eternity i sgoing to open here in NYC.
I have no idea of who they are.
But I'll get there late. 8)
Into Eternity kicks ass. Show up on time or you lose. :wink:

I'll be at that show too and it will be about the 6 or 7th time I've seem them. Can't wait! :headbang:
Oh, You'll be there?
Awesome.
See ya there....

Early then. :)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:57 pm

Hmm... perhaps for the European dates, Hammerfall could make the tea and hand out the nibbles to the Strato guys, then we could get a 3h Strato set with an intermission.

For openers, HF can play Knights of the 21st Century, and Blood Bound. then serve the refreshments to Strato, and watch a great show. :D

About support bands, I generally want to save my energy for the band I want to see. I will watch them only if I have heard of them and like them, or if I need to be there very early to get to the front to see a band I really love.

With Strato I will be there hours in advance at the front, so I'd be glad for no support, as I don't have a headache when Strato comes on. 8) However, HF is a good choice for me.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:11 pm

I actually dont mind, my friend went to a canadian gig of Sonata Arctica and said "out of three hours of show SA only played one hour and a half, i mean come on! i paid to see SA not some crappy 17 year olds"
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:58 pm

Cristiane wrote:Are you sure that it was TT himself that called canceling the opening acts?
And even if it was him, what makes you so sure that it was his only and exclusively decision? You must remember there are LOTS of people and things involved on big tours like this, the band, managers, contracts, record company, money, etc etc etc...
I agree with that.

@Mathieu Power: And to accuse directly the bandmembers about a cancelling opening act is a bit hypocrite i think.. :roll:
If for example there was no cancelling, i guess the guys of your band (Kingslayer i think is the band concerned and not Into Eternity) would come to talk to the Stratomembers, no?

And yes this forum has a lack of moderation... :?
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:52 pm

That was really harsh. Be fuckin honoured they even chose to CONSIDER having you as a support band. You're acting like a spoilt child. Do you have any idea how many things might be going on that you're not aware of? Just shut the hell up. We once had a chance to support Rage in Cyprus, yes, that's true, RAGE. In the end they got some other band. Ok, i was disappointed, but it was great publicity for us that Rage almost had us supporting them, and come on, RAGE considered us worthy! I didn't get bitter against them like you claim to HATE TT because they decided they didnt want any support bands for REASONS that are probably far over your head.

You're selfish, spoilt, bad mannered and hypocritical. I bet you would've loved em if they got you supporting them right?

Get the hell out of here you superficial little fuck.

And yeah, we need a moderator. I've been saying that for months now.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:59 pm

this is turning a tad TOO nasty...
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:47 pm

Stratosfear wrote:
Aresius wrote:Support bands dont take time from strato, bands play before strato, for example if there are 2 bands before strato in the STRATOVARIUS gig they are going to start playing at 6 o clock so by 10 stratovarius can start and make theire gig!!
How you can know, that show(s) could start 6pm? If show starts 6pm, then doors maybe 5pm. Too early, I say. Stratovarius needs to travel and setup their equipments.
You didnt went to a lot of gigs, did you?..

well this is not a critic, im not angry or anything im just explaining:

They already have everything prepared before they play the gig but after the last support band they "test" the instruments and see if everything is ok ( probably 30 minutes or so ) and then they start playing, the guys of strato probably wont see the other bands, they just arrive and play

By the way i think that strato can do everything that they want with their gig but to confirm a support band and then cancell it its too rude, but probably they didnt even know if they are going to have a support band or not

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:53 pm

NeonVomit wrote:That was really harsh. Be fuckin honoured they even chose to CONSIDER having you as a support band. You're acting like a spoilt child. Do you have any idea how many things might be going on that you're not aware of? Just shut the hell up. We once had a chance to support Rage in Cyprus, yes, that's true, RAGE. In the end they got some other band. Ok, i was disappointed, but it was great publicity for us that Rage almost had us supporting them, and come on, RAGE considered us worthy! I didn't get bitter against them like you claim to HATE TT because they decided they didnt want any support bands for REASONS that are probably far over your head.

You're selfish, spoilt, bad mannered and hypocritical. I bet you would've loved em if they got you supporting them right?

Get the hell out of here you superficial little fuck.

And yeah, we need a moderator. I've been saying that for months now.
:owned2:
perkele

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 pm

stratoplayer wrote:this is turning a tad TOO nasty...
*takes a bow*

Yes, i can be nasty if someone pisses me off. I think that's why I wouldn't be a good moderator.

But was it not nasty to even start a thread like this for that reason?

Retard.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:32 am

i meant the whole topic and discussion, not any post in particular

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:53 am

Boy-85 wrote:So you've noticed also? Haven't seen a moderator around for as long as I can remember.

There has not been one since Nordic&Moony left over 2 years ago.

Pekka&Liina does not count.
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:01 am

And thats generally a good thing, that people can express their thoughts without fear of being banned. If Liina was still here I would have my derriere on a proxy server again :cry:

But of course, it is still necessary to have one in case taht m-16 or whatever and the zlotnik return. But I mean if you look at the Sonata Arctica forums, they are complete fascists, and its quite annoying.

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:31 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:And thats generally a good thing, that people can express their thoughts without fear of being banned. If Liina was still here I would have my derriere on a proxy server again :cry:

But of course, it is still necessary to have one in case taht m-16 or whatever and the zlotnik return. But I mean if you look at the Sonata Arctica forums, they are complete fascists, and its quite annoying.
Really? I like Sonata Arctica Forum--I've been there for over a year and the people&mods seem real nice!
Beast_Pete can tell you the same! :)
How do you know about M-16?

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:32 am

Boy-85 wrote:So you've noticed also? Haven't seen a moderator around for as long as I can remember.
But we are moderated by ourselves. Spammers are immediately striked down. Don't ever underestimate the power of a reply!

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:39 am

It is unfortunate that you "Hate" Timo Tolkki because of this. Maybe this was his decision, maybe not. With a big act like Stratovarius there are a lot of mouths to feed (the band, roadies, techs, bus drivers, lawyers, the RECORD COMPANY, etc). I would imagine that more than a few decisions get made without running anything by the band. Perhaps it was him calling though. Even still, it is not his, or Stratovarius' responsibility to give your band exposure. If your band threw all it's eggs in one basket then you probably won't make it anyhow, in the long run. I hope the fate of your band was not hanging on this gig. To be CONSIDERED an opening act for a band like Stratovarius tells me that you guys are probably pretty good. I come down on this issue like this. I think it is great that Stratovarius is touring North America. It tells me (along with some other things I've seen recently) that REAL music might be making a comeback. Real musicians making real high quality music (a strange concept here in the States for the past 13 or so years). No band exemplifies this more than Stratovarius, so the more exposure they get the better it is for music fans, and ASPIRING BANDS. Everybody wins. I'll go out on a limb here and guess that your band would be considered in the same genre as Strato. If Stratovarius catches fire in North America record labels will be lining up trying to sign quality bands like them. This is also how record companies have hurt music by overexposing, and exploiting a specific genre. However , if your band truly has something to offer, something new and innovative, then you will always have a market. Real talent endures. This is why we will still be enjoying new Stratovarius albums long after Britany Spears and several of her ilk are nothing more than a trick question in a trivia game.

Nothing in life, including life itself is guaranteed. God laughs at the plans of man. :) Keep at it and hopefully you'll get there.
Just looking on the bright side. Don't rip on Timo because even if the decision came directly from his mouth, he has a responsibility to make the best decisions possible for the band and himself. This is his(their)job and livelyhood. They all have bills to pay the same as the rest of us. If the positions were reversed would you feel the same way?!

Jesse

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:48 am

Jester wrote:It is unfortunate that you "Hate" Timo Tolkki because of this. Maybe this was his decision, maybe not. With a big act like Stratovarius there are a lot of mouths to feed (the band, roadies, techs, bus drivers, lawyers, the RECORD COMPANY, etc). I would imagine that more than a few decisions get made without running anything by the band. Perhaps it was him calling though. Even still, it is not his, or Stratovarius' responsibility to give your band exposure. If your band threw all it's eggs in one basket then you probably won't make it anyhow, in the long run. I hope the fate of your band was not hanging on this gig. To be CONSIDERED an opening act for a band like Stratovarius tells me that you guys are probably pretty good. I come down on this issue like this. I think it is great that Stratovarius is touring North America. It tells me (along with some other things I've seen recently) that REAL music might be making a comeback. Real musicians making real high quality music (a strange concept here in the States for the past 13 or so years). No band exemplifies this more than Stratovarius, so the more exposure they get the better it is for music fans, and ASPIRING BANDS. Everybody wins. I'll go out on a limb here and guess that your band would be considered in the same genre as Strato. If Stratovarius catches fire in North America record labels will be lining up trying to sign quality bands like them. This is also how record companies have hurt music by overexposing, and exploiting a specific genre. However , if your band truly has something to offer, something new and innovative, then you will always have a market. Real talent endures. This is why we will still be enjoying new Stratovarius albums long after Britany Spears and several of her ilk are nothing more than a trick question in a trivia game.

Nothing in life, including life itself is guaranteed. God laughs at the plans of man. :) Keep at it and hopefully you'll get there.
Just looking on the bright side. Don't rip on Timo because even if the decision came directly from his mouth, he has a responsibility to make the best decisions possible for the band and himself. This is his(their)job and livelyhood. They all have bills to pay the same as the rest of us. If the positions were reversed would you feel the same way?!

Jesse
Hear hear!

:)
perkele

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:51 am

Really? I like Sonata Arctica Forum--I've been there for over a year and the people&mods seem real nice!
Beast_Pete can tell you the same!
I agree that the moderators and the people are all nice. But when you look at some new users, they post a thread and apologize even before they are alerted that they have done something wrong. Its just that...I feel a little uncomfortable there, because anything I say slightly out of line can result in a direct warning, or half the threads are locked because there was another thread about this 3 months ago, or the information can be found on google, for an example. I'm just more of an advocate for lax moderatorship, though having a moderator or two is nonetheless necessary.

I believe that the duty of a moderator should be to made the forum environment a friendly place, and work for the forumers. But at Sonata Arctica forums, I don't get the general feeling that what the moderators are doing indeed is helping the forumers too much. I could be wrong, just my two cents.
Well despite my somewhat pathetic post count and the relatively short time I spent here, I have been a viewer of these forums for many years now. Though I cannoy say I specifically remember an m-16, I do remember there was some discussion about a troll (at least with a similar name) around here. But I do rememer that Zlotnik guy quite clearly.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:35 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:I agree that the moderators and the people are all nice. But when you look at some new users, they post a thread and apologize even before they are alerted that they have done something wrong. Its just that...I feel a little uncomfortable there, because anything I say slightly out of line can result in a direct warning, or half the threads are locked because there was another thread about this 3 months ago, or the information can be found on google, for an example. I'm just more of an advocate for lax moderatorship, though having a moderator or two is nonetheless necessary.
Oh, I agree with you, I've been there for months now, and, seriously that forum despite being well moderated is ... I dunno, like...to strick! And another thing I've noticed is that if u're a person like...let's say NordicStorm ( :wink: ) Who post 10 pages of rational info, the mods won't touch u. And like I've said a thousand times there is some seriuos flaming. Just check the all the replys after any mine.

:P
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:49 am

The forum used to not be like that; a long time ago when I first started coming to the forum, people were civil to each other, we managed to have many "controversial" topics full of debate, yet no one ever flamed each other and differences of opinion were respected. Then again on the other hand, the group of people were a lot smaller than they are now, so everyone knew each other a little better. With more people come more problems, and more opportunities for things like spamming and flaming to take place. There was a time when members were made moderators, but that didn't work out. I think that caused more fighting among the people here than no moderators at all. :( That's the reason I stopped coming here for a long time, because it seemed all anyone did was fight about anything. You couldn't have a topic about anything without someone getting into it with someone else about stuff that oftentimes had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

khamael

Post by khamael » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:29 pm

CottonCandy wrote:
fifthtea_sausage wrote:And thats generally a good thing, that people can express their thoughts without fear of being banned. If Liina was still here I would have my derriere on a proxy server again :cry:

I remember m-16... :lol:
He used to ALWAYS harsh Browneyedgirl... and sometimes others users.
A complete loser. :lol:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:41 pm

off topic but somehow following the conversation

i just started going to the SA forum and they are very uptight, cant take a question if it was discussed only 4 month ago...

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:24 pm

khamael wrote:
CottonCandy wrote:

I remember m-16... :lol:
He used to ALWAYS harsh Browneyedgirl... and sometimes others users.
A complete loser. :lol:

I thought M-16&Zlotnick was same person---they sounded just alike. Same MO&all. Yep--just another troll, always slagging and making personal attacks. He never came back. Zlotnick, sooner or later, always comes back. :(