MANIAC DANCE · Official Lyrics

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Seba3
MANIAC DANCE · Official Lyrics

Post by Seba3 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:44 pm

This is the Official Lyrics from the Single.

Maniac Dance
Music and Lyrics by Timo Tolkki

This year has been a nightmare
I've been so low, I don't care
I've dwelled in depths of darkness
Swam across the ocean of pain

I've fed the tabloids, the media
It's a bottomless pit, a redia
Front pages, gossips, knifings,
Drunken nights and days

Sadness, Rage, Hopelessness
I am nothing without you

Again the dance
I do the Maniac Dance
Just like in trance
I do the Maniac Dance

These demons serves me well
It wants to send me to the depths of hell
A roller coaster ride it has been I can tell

I'm a walking miracle of medicine
A real catastrophe on legs
A proud member of human race known as the dregs

Xonax, Remeron, Theraphy, Buspiron
Anger, Fear and Shame

Again the dance
I do the Maniac Dance
Just like in trance
I do the Maniac Dance
In the art of sailing through life no matter how the wind blows, but the way you place the sails.

Pikkusielu

Re: MANIAC DANCE · Official Lyrics

Post by Pikkusielu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:59 pm

Seba3 wrote:This is the Official Lyrics from the Single.
Yes, we know. Beast_Pete has already posted the official lyrics...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:44 pm

Lyrics spoken from the heart of someone who knows......:~(

I think its a sad song, myself.
I guess it was a great emotional release for TT to write those lyrics--I hope it helped him.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:04 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I think its a sad song, myself.
Yes, sad and emotional, but IMHO almost parody.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:05 pm

Xonax, Remeron, Theraphy, Buspiron
Interesting, I thought the line was "Xanax wears off, therapy puts me wrong". It all comes out to the same message, I guess.

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I guess it was a great emotional release for TT to write those lyrics--I hope it helped him.
Exactly. And for me is also important Koti going through those lyrics. I think there is a way for him to understand Timo and also forgive him...
I don't know... is a good song... but really means a lot for all of us that were following the drama day by day. It's a way to understand it...
And also leave it behind!

Timo looks so much better right now. He seems to be "awaken" again!
United we stand! Divided we fall! That's a msg of hope!
Mariano

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:31 pm

Pikkusielu wrote:
Yes, and that´s why here would fit a question: Why do we need this topic at all then? :roll:
Pikkusielu wrote: but IMHO almost parody.
Maybe TT understood that. He namely has said nowadays that he can even laugh to him now. :P But anyway, the most parody is that there is one line which really might tell about me: "A real catastrophe on legs" :D
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:08 pm

Whenever TT is tempted to fall back into bad habits(drinking, for example)he should be urged to read those lyrics as a kind reminder......;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:34 pm

I just laughed a lot reading the unnoficial lyrics topic!!

:lol: :lol:

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:29 am

Inventariado wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I guess it was a great emotional release for TT to write those lyrics--I hope it helped him.
Exactly. And for me is also important Koti going through those lyrics. I think there is a way for him to understand Timo and also forgive him...
I don't know... is a good song... but really means a lot for all of us that were following the drama day by day. It's a way to understand it...
And also leave it behind!

Timo looks so much better right now. He seems to be "awaken" again!
United we stand! Divided we fall! That's a msg of hope!
I could not have said it better myself!

And thanks Seba3 for posting the lyrics, I had not read them yet.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:44 am

It's just my impression. But in Elements Part II there were a LOT of lyrics written desperately, raw that have the same feeling of "new" lyrics. Example: AWAKEN TIMO ...er........ AWAKEN THE GIANT. Take a look at the booklet and tell me :)

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:47 am

I'm staring at the wall
Sick and tired of all
Manic depression makes me crawl
It makes me small
I need some peace of mind
The pressure makes me blind
The labyrinth of pain, the exit i must find

It's all inside of me, the answers lie within
And all that i can win i take for myself
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that i can be
My spirit yearns for truth,
It's learning to be free

Through the years
I was doing things the wrong way
But now i've changed it is time to say

Awaken the giant
Don't let it sleep
Awaken the giant
Look deep within

I won't give up the fight
Until i see the light
I won't give in
To the gloominess of life
The end is in my sight
In the middle of darkest night
I see my future's bright
I'm reaching for new heights

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:32 am

I love those lyrics. 8)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:35 am

I hate to bring it up at this point, but you could see Manic-Depression all within those lyrics of "Awaken the Giant". The highs-the lows, I mean. It is so plain to see(after the fact) what TT was probably feeling as he wrote those words. I am so sorry that at that time not many of us could grasp the seriousness&intensity of TTs feelings&illness. :(
It was soon after that album was released when all Hell broke loose regarding TTs mental state.
Yeah--on several songs an observant person can detect the fragility/instability of TTs emotional state. Its a shame at that point it was out of everyone's hands. :(

But, all that is water under the bridge--time to move on&enjoy this new album which is the opening of a new book.

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:40 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Pikkusielu wrote:
Yes, and that´s why here would fit a question: Why do we need this topic at all then? :roll:
I think we should be more tolerant, 'cause this topic may be a reprise of another one, but if you read carefully, it became very interesting and we are all posting about Timo's maniac depression, and his process of writing lyrics...
It's easy to say "No need for this topic again...", but we must understand there is people that is not living inside the forum like some of us, and they may not know all the topics that already exist.

By the way, it's great to be able to talk about this lyrics, 'cause they have a lot of meaning and a lot of Timo's soul.

I appreciate he included the word "shame". It's deep and honest. Timo is the best!
Mariano

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:25 am

Not only that, but perhaps there are people lurking on this forum that are suffering in the same way, in silence, ashamed to get help for their feelings because they feel like they are not "normal". To see someone like Timo go through it, perhaps it will help those who are going through the same thing. Maybe they will think to themselves, if a big rock star like Timo can do it and get through it, then I can too!

Anyway, I applaud Timo for what he has been through. Mental illness is a long and hard road to recovery and there is no "end destination", it is something you have to work at all the time and be willing to work at all the time.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:41 pm

Ideally, there should be no "shame", but regretfully there are still narrowminded people in this world that equate mental problems as "unfitness" and people who have these problems develop low self-esteem&some even do not seek help because of this narrow/cruel attitude which still exists to some degree. :(
I think, in this light, a person who seeks help is STRONG, not weak. And should be respected&applauded for facing their "demons" and problems, and finding a solution to them.

Maybe TTs alcoholism came about because he sought to "cure" himself&ease the pain of his illness in this way. ???

It could easily happen to any of us---life is hard, not a picnic, so stress can lead anyone astray.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:44 pm

@Inventariado: Yes, I see your points. Actually when I wrote that you quoted here haven´t been yet so much discussion about manic depression and others mental problems which can reflect from TT´s lyrics. As you described the idea of this topic has been changed. :)

Yes, I also think TT is a very honest person and his lyrics has important meanings, although there are some bastards in the world, who are always saying that Stratovarius´ lyrics are always ridiculous. :?
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:35 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Not only that, but perhaps there are people lurking on this forum that are suffering in the same way, in silence, ashamed to get help for their feelings because they feel like they are not "normal". To see someone like Timo go through it, perhaps it will help those who are going through the same thing. Maybe they will think to themselves, if a big rock star like Timo can do it and get through it, then I can too.
That's exactly right in my case. That was one of the things that drew me to Strato in one of the worst times of my life. No-one writes lyrics I can relate to like Strato can. I can hear new bands and totally love them so much, and be hyped up about seeing them months before a show, but no other band will equal Strato to me.

Apart from that, all this business might make mental illnesses a bit more understood. Or if not, better tolerated. I faced a lot of intolerance in my workplace when I was barely unable to work in 1999-2001, I guess that's why I was/am so lax with damning Timo. Although, I don't pretend my problems were anything like Timo's.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:44 pm

That's exactly right in my case. That was one of the things that drew me to Strato in one of the worst times of my life. No-one writes lyrics I can relate to like Strato can. I can hear new bands and totally love them so much, and be hyped up about seeing them months before a show, but no other band will equal Strato to me.
Right, I discovered Strato at a low point in my life too. I was jaded about music as a whole and then there were a ton of other personal problems going on, so their music just came in at the right time. Nothing chases my blues away faster than a Tolkki solo. The "sad" songs are just the things you need when you are in those moods, and the "happy" songs are great for picking yourself up and moving on. I have always liked how they have struck a balance between fast/heavy songs and slow/mellow songs. They have a song for every mood. I like bands that can do that. I have other bands in my life that are more personal to me or whose lyrics I can relate to more, but Strato is unique in their own way. I can never walk away from their music feeling unhappy. Listening to them always makes me feel better in some way.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:26 pm

I just freaking want to pre-order the album.

That's all I care about knowing that it'll be out in 2 Mondays, is it gonna get to US the same day?

Will they sale it in Mega Virgin Store in Times Square?

Fuck, that's all I want to know.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:03 am

^^Equinox: That shows you really is a thread-killer. You managed kill or make a break to a very good discussion ´bout meanings of TT´s lyrics. :lol:

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:50 am

IceBreaker wrote:^^Equinox: That shows you really is a thread-killer. You managed kill or make a break to a very good discussion ´bout meanings of TT´s lyrics. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck, now that's nice!

U just made my day.

Yeah, I AM THE THREAD KILLER. 8)