São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Pikkusielu wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:I love Elements Pt. 1. Adore it, its one of my favourite Strato albums.
At last someone I can agree with.
Same here !
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote: Couldn't agree more. I WANT ...INSTEAD OF THE F***ING BORING DESTINY, Well, OK this was a little childish but I'm really REALLY disappointed with the setlist.
At last someone I can agree with. :P
IMHO, Destiny is one of the most boring epic Strato songs. They have so much better/more rocking epic ones instead of this.

No, if you´re willing to get your goal (in this case to change the setlist), sometimes you may sound also childish. At least I could think so. :wink:

P.S. Damn my English sucks sometimes...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
Bones
Sr. Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 pm
Location: Rovaniemi, Finland

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Bones » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:18 pm

IceBreaker wrote:P.S. Damn my English sucks sometimes...
I think everyone understood what you meant :)

But about Destiny, i think it's so boring song that Strato should drop it from setlist. :?
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Dave » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:23 pm

the first half of the song is so amazing......... :twisted:
Spamming is serious business!

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:40 pm

Bones wrote: I think everyone understood what you meant :)

But about Destiny, i think it's so boring song that Strato should drop it from setlist. :?
:)
Yeah, I think so too. I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Patricia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Patricia » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:29 pm

IceBreaker wrote:I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
Infinity would be great indeed. :)
But what about Paradise? I think it would be really great to hear it on live!
I love this song, special feelings too. :luv1:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

User avatar
Bones
Sr. Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 pm
Location: Rovaniemi, Finland

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Bones » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:45 pm

Patricia wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
Infinity would be great indeed. :)
But what about Paradise? I think it would be really great to hear it on live!
I love this song, special feelings too. :luv1:
Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must. But about epics :huh: Infinity would be perfect replacement for Destiny.
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

Patricia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Patricia » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:51 pm

Bones wrote:Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must. But about epics :huh: Infinity would be perfect replacement for Destiny.
About epics? Infinity, yes! 8)
It would be good to hear it indeed, cause i think they don't play it so often...and it misses!
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

User avatar
Eagle+
Jr. Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:57 am
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Eagle+ » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:08 pm

I'd really love to hear "Babylon" live :D
Eagle+ out.

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm

Bones wrote:
Patricia wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
Infinity would be great indeed. :)
But what about Paradise? I think it would be really great to hear it on live!
I love this song, special feelings too. :luv1:
Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must. But about epics :huh: Infinity would be perfect replacement for Destiny.
NO WAY ! Elements is the one !
Bones wrote:Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must.
Those "this one is a must, and also this one and this one. Oh, and this one too."-things led us to completely unoriginal setlists like this one. PLEASE STRATO, surprise us and play songs that are NOT "musts" , even Full Moon if you want :p
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:26 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Bones wrote:
Patricia wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
Infinity would be great indeed. :)
But what about Paradise? I think it would be really great to hear it on live!
I love this song, special feelings too. :luv1:
Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must. But about epics :huh: Infinity would be perfect replacement for Destiny.
NO WAY ! Elements is the one !
Bones wrote:Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must.
Those "this one is a must, and also this one and this one. Oh, and this one too."-things led us to completely unoriginal setlists like this one. PLEASE STRATO, surprise us and play songs that are NOT "musts" , even Full Moon if you want :p
that kind of defies the point of playin "fan favorites"....
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:32 am

stratoplayer wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:
Bones wrote:
Patricia wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:I would be very happy if they would replace Destiny with Infinity for example. Infinity gives so much special feelings. 8)
Infinity would be great indeed. :)
But what about Paradise? I think it would be really great to hear it on live!
I love this song, special feelings too. :luv1:
Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must. But about epics :huh: Infinity would be perfect replacement for Destiny.
NO WAY ! Elements is the one !
Bones wrote:Yeah Paradise is so great hit that it's a must.
Those "this one is a must, and also this one and this one. Oh, and this one too."-things led us to completely unoriginal setlists like this one. PLEASE STRATO, surprise us and play songs that are NOT "musts" , even Full Moon if you want :p
that kind of defies the point of playin "fan favorites"....
I've always thought this "we're gonna play whant the fans wanna hear"-thing was bullshit, I'm sure of it now. IMO the guys must play what THEY enjoy playing. And I'm pretty sure they're quite sick of playing the same old songs over and oer again.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Patricia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Patricia » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:53 pm

Yes, i think they should play what they want too..but anyway, Paradise is not the most old song played live...
Anyway, everybody have their opinion.. :wink:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

User avatar
Bones
Sr. Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 pm
Location: Rovaniemi, Finland

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Bones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:22 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:I've always thought this "we're gonna play whant the fans wanna hear"-thing was bullshit, I'm sure of it now. IMO the guys must play what THEY enjoy playing. And I'm pretty sure they're quite sick of playing the same old songs over and oer again.
No offense! :)

I didn't say "I" like paradise, but it is just one of the songs that fans always want to hear. And about playing songs that they don't usually play, I think it doesn't work. Maybe when there's not so much people listening, it would be fun. And it's just your opinion ;)

Like TT said on finnish side: "We're not playing for you, we're playing for fans."
It was just like this situation.
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:45 pm

yeah, they should not give a fuck about their fans want to hear, cause their fans are the ones who are buying their albums! i think without their fans it wouldn't be so easy for them to play concerts, so they should something back to their fans :)
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:55 pm

Bones wrote:Like TT said on finnish side: "We're not playing for you, we're playing for fans."
It was just like this situation.
They should be playing in first for themselves. Anyway, I'm pretty sure most people who voted on this song-poll were not "fans" but people who have bough Visions and Episode and downloaded a couple of other songs and listen to Black Diamond all day long.
And about playing songs that they don't usually play, I think it doesn't work.
Why not ? If the "fans" are so narrow-minded to reduce Strato's discography to 20 songs I think it's a shame...
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:12 pm

Well, if you all say that new DVD is same kind like Visions of Europe, then look at Iron Maiden's A Real Live Dead One and Live at Donington setlists. Yeah, same expect in ARLDO has some songs even more... :wink:
But, this year they played lots of those 20 year old songs so Iron Maiden can do anything surprising, but seems like Strato can't... :roll:

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Stratofanius wrote:Well, if you all say that new DVD is same kind like Visions of Europe, then look at Iron Maiden's A Real Live Dead One and Live at Donington setlists. Yeah, same expect in ARLDO has some songs even more... :wink:
Those are totally different... L@D is one complete show while ARL/DO is a kind of compilation of songs taken from different shows. And besides it was the same tour so pretty normal they play the same songs.
But, this year they played lots of those 20 year old songs so Iron Maiden can do anything surprising, but seems like Strato can't... :roll:
I think it is to promote their "Early Days" DVD, they only play songs from the 4 first albums. The old fans must have been very happy with it, to hear Wrathchild or Prowler they thought never hear again. Too bad there was no Charlotte The Harlot on Paris gig...
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
Bones
Sr. Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 pm
Location: Rovaniemi, Finland

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Bones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:14 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Bones wrote:And about playing songs that they don't usually play, I think it doesn't work.
Why not ? If the "fans" are so narrow-minded to reduce Strato's discography to 20 songs I think it's a shame...
That's exactly what I mean :( . I agree with you when you said that Stratovarius SHOULD play songs they don't usually play, but most of the "fans" just want to hear those 20 songs. That's why it doesn't work :( . "Fans" will be disappointed.

Stratovarius really should play more stuff from their first three albums.
Iron Maiden, Helloween and others play stuff from their first albums, even if there was almost completely different lineup when those songs were made.
But not Strato :( THAT'S a shame
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:37 am

id love to hear black nigth, witch hunt and fire dance :twisted:
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:59 am

stratoplayer wrote:id love to hear black nigth, :twisted:
Yeah, and specially if TK would speak before Black Night the normal "We have a song beginning with Black..." like he does with the song everybody knows. :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:54 am

IceBreaker wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:id love to hear black nigth, :twisted:
Yeah, and specially if TK would speak before Black Night the normal "We have a song beginning with Black..." like he does with the song everybody knows. :wink:
Now THAT would be a good laugh !
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:15 am

Or a serious letdown
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:34 am

Maybe then they'll see who the TRUE fans are :twisted:
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

alpha&omega
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:07 am
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by alpha&omega » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:08 am

Maybe they add some songs or clips etc. from elements in milan to new DVD.. :roll: It`s very possible...
Strato is Dead! Long live Strato

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 am

alpha&omega wrote:Maybe they add some songs or clips etc. from elements in milan to new DVD.. :roll: It`s very possible...
Then I would perhaps consider buying it :lol:
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:11 pm

somewhere here i heard that they were going to add other stuff, but i forget in which thread it was
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:59 pm

stratoplayer wrote:somewhere here i heard that they were going to add other stuff, but i forget in which thread it was
I read it too but it would be nice to know ASAP what that "other stuff" will be. If it's drunkvideos a la Infinite Visions, no way.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Jabi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: Post-democratic Society

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Jabi » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:33 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
Mormegil wrote:I agree, that set list is almost perfect (only missing Night Time Eclipse).
Have they really ever played Night Time Eclipse live? They should play it, that song is one of the best songs that Stratovarius has done.
Absofuckinglutely.

Too bad it isn't "a hit".

User avatar
Stratolily
Sr. Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Santiago de Chile

Re: São Paulo, Brasil - DVD - Set List

Post by Stratolily » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:04 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Mormegil wrote:I agree, that set list is almost perfect (only missing ...).
I agree too, the setlist rocks 8) but instead of awful Will the Sun Rise? I´d expected Infinity to hear. That is the only bad thing now. :cry:
You don't like Will The Sun Rise? :shock:
It's like hearing someone saying " I don't like chocolate"...
Well, in my case, Will The Sun Rise? was the first stratosong I've ever heard, so it's too special for me. I think it's great, I just love it! :D

I must say it really dissapointed me that they choosed Brazil to record his DVD. It makes me sad... :(
Pikkusielu wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
I love Elements Pt. 1. Adore it, its one of my favourite Strato albums.

At last someone I can agree with.

Same here !
Then we are four :wink:

And I don't agree with the ones that think that Destiny is boring.
Damn it! It's such a beautiful song! The whole album is so wonderful, and it's so sad... :cry:
When they played Destiny here in Chile, in last agost, the whole teather seemd to fall down! All the people drived totally crazy!
It was amazing!

@Mafiaboy: I agree with you so much! It would so amazing to hear "Elements" live! I love that song! :D
Mafiaboy wrote:
They should be playing in first for themselves. Anyway, I'm pretty sure most people who voted on this song-poll were not "fans" but people who have bought Visions and Episode and downloaded a couple of other songs and listen to Black Diamond all day long.
Why not ? If the "fans" are so narrow-minded to reduce Strato's discography to 20 songs I think it's a shame...
Damn it! I agree with you once again... There's a group of people that the only albums that likes are Episode and Visions and thet say that the other albums are sh*t. I think this people is just fan of these albums, but not Strato fans...
And I couldn't choose "my favorites strato songs" in this other topic that Jens posted. It is just too hard! I think I like all the songs! :D

Locked