IT'S FINALLY THERE (official topic for the new album ;))

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratohawk
IT'S FINALLY THERE (official topic for the new album ;))

Post by stratohawk » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:08 pm

So, what do you think about it? Personally I think it's much much better than both elements albums together (though it's not easy to compare these albums with the new one). It has so much power, it is so expressive - I just love it. I can't understand why so many people criticize it... but well, that's all subjective. 8)

How great - finally some new and genious music from Stratovarius! And WITH Timo Kotipelto!!

[Who else will come and visit some shows in the US?]

MaFiaBoY

Re: IT'S FINALLY THERE (official topic for the new album ;))

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:33 pm

I just hope I will be able to listen to it someday...
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Stopped by a couple of record shops today, and still no sign of the new album...

And I want the limited edition.. :?
perkele

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:56 pm

Today was the day...Yeeehaaa today I got the limited edition of the album and I also listened to the whole album today 2 times :D I have to say that it is a very good album.
It´s IMO better then Elements Pt.2 but it´s very difficult to compare it to former Strato-Albums.
My only problem is that the Doublebass is missing :? but altogether it´s a great album :)

My favourite songs: Gypsy In Me (ingenious intro), United, The land Of Ice And Snow (Koskenkorva rocks :D )

Boring Songs IMO: Gotterdammerung (zenith of power), Just Carry On

EDIT: Today I listened the first time to the album because I waited for it and didn´t download it 8)

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:03 pm

I haven bought it yet coz the album here in argentina it is delayed.

I have listen to it and mmaybe its better than the "elements pt2" but i really love elements pt1.

Best songs: back to madness ( this should have been the single ), united and leave the tribe.
Boring songs: none
Bad songs: maniac dance :P

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:14 pm

This album is part of my top-5 Strato-albums now. Whole album is great and especially I like the songs Leave The Tribe (The best song of the album 8) ), Maniac Dance, Gypsy In Me, Götterdämmerung (Zenith Of Power) and Just Carry On.
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:36 pm

Well, my fears did not came true, so it's really a cool and awesome album. I have the digipak, and it was quite cheap, if we just think of, that it's a new album (4000 Forint ~ 16 euros; but the Elements Pt 1 normal version cost for me 5500 Forint, so 22 euros)

The songs Fight!!!, Gypsy in Me, The Land of Ice And Snow are really cool. Back to Madness is a strange, but also very cool song. But United is far the best... it is for sure a masterpiece. I did not like the song Götterdämmerung. The rest are also good songs.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:21 pm

gotterdamerung is very hard to hear because of the lyrics and the heaviness but i like it (im also a rammstein fan, sue me!) the solo and keys are extremely good
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:21 pm

gotterdamerung is very hard to hear because of the lyrics and the heaviness but i like it (im also a rammstein fan, sue me!) the solo and keys are extremely good
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:31 pm

i dont like götterdämmerung, too.. i like the song until the sentence "zenith of power" repeats all the time.. that sucks! :shock: but the other songs of the new albums are great

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:11 am

Warrior of Hell wrote:i dont like götterdämmerung, too.. i like the song until the sentence "zenith of power" repeats all the time.. that sucks! :shock: but the other songs of the new albums are great
On the Finnish side there´re already some who have noticed that there´s something similar on the chorus with the old song Babylon. Otherwise I like the Götterdämmerung much, the heavy sound is nearly perfect for me on the song.

What I hate on the album is the chorus on Back to Madness. It sounds horrible with madness-sadness etc. Also I didn´t like the tenor-part on the song, it reminds me someway on the awful middle-part on Dreamspace or some parts on Full Moon.

The best songs at the moment are Götterdammerung (ZoP), Fight!!!, United and Leave the Tribe. At this moment the weakest is Just Carry On, because it´s quite light, a bit "poppy".
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:18 pm

After I listened sometimes to the albums I must say I think it's one of their best albums. The sound is finally better than on the two "sterile" sounding Element-albums, it has quite a lot of power. On "Stratovarius" there are some mistakes in the drum cutting, I think. But that doesn't matter, it's good that the whole album sounds as it was really hard work to do.
The whole album is veeery expressive, it has such a personal touch, I missed that on the last albums, too...

And the songs: It's true, Götterdämmerung is a bit disappointing, maybe I've awaited too much after all the trouble that was made of it. And Gipsy in me is somehow a bit 0815-song. But both songs have very good riffing (woow, I love the beginning of Gipsy).

My favourites are: Fight, Just Carry On (don't understand what you guys don't like about it :wink: ), The land of Ice and Snow (sooooo beautiful - "our hearts are made of gold!!"), United.

Really, I read a lot of bad critics in the press. And I don't understand it. I really try to be objective - and still, it remains a fuckin great album!!

IT REALLY KICKS ASS, AS THEY PROMISED!!!!!

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:14 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Warrior of Hell wrote:i dont like götterdämmerung, too.. i like the song until the sentence "zenith of power" repeats all the time.. that sucks! :shock: but the other songs of the new albums are great
On the Finnish side there´re already some who have noticed that there´s something similar on the chorus with the old song Babylon. Otherwise I like the Götterdämmerung much, the heavy sound is nearly perfect for me on the song.

What I hate on the album is the chorus on Back to Madness. It sounds horrible with madness-sadness etc. Also I didn´t like the tenor-part on the song, it reminds me someway on the awful middle-part on Dreamspace or some parts on Full Moon.

The best songs at the moment are Götterdammerung (ZoP), Fight!!!, United and Leave the Tribe. At this moment the weakest is Just Carry On, because it´s quite light, a bit "poppy".
i think just carry on is like Hold on to your dreams. I think its almost the same

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:22 pm

How many topics of the new album we really need... :roll:

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:48 pm

Stratofanius wrote:How many topics of the new album we really need... :roll:
There's no need to complain, it doesn't help.
So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave
Or you children of today are children of the grave

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Bones wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:How many topics of the new album we really need... :roll:
There's no need to complain, it doesn't help.
True.

Reroute2Remain

Post by Reroute2Remain » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:27 pm

stratohawk wrote: And the songs: It's true, Götterdämmerung is a bit disappointing, maybe I've awaited too much after all the trouble that was made of it.
If you download that video, it has the song the way it was before the record company censored it. It's a bit better that way and also the end is shorter (i think the part in the end on the record goes on a little too long anyway)

I'm still thinking a lot about that video.

Reroute2Remain

Post by Reroute2Remain » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:31 pm

I think it will be considered one day to be one of the best records they have ever made. It's different, but it's very good, I mean the songs are good, the playing is good, and the sound is good.

Ikola

Post by Ikola » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:10 pm

i havent gotten the album from my cd-supplier, man i'm veeery angry. It was released two days ago and the order status is still "not delivered". I want to listen to it Nooooooooooow!!!!!

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:35 pm

For the people who have ordered the album through the Internet:

What's the best website for European deliveries? Best prices, best delivery time, most reliable..

Thanks in advance :)
perkele

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:31 pm

Reroute2Remain wrote:
stratohawk wrote: And the songs: It's true, Götterdämmerung is a bit disappointing, maybe I've awaited too much after all the trouble that was made of it.
If you download that video, it has the song the way it was before the record company censored it. It's a bit better that way and also the end is shorter (i think the part in the end on the record goes on a little too long anyway)

Yep, the record company made it boring... fuckers

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:21 am

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:28 am

Thanks for that link--I'm going there Right NOW!!!! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:30 am

wow, those are excellent! i really liked the interviews

StratomanUSB

but in the US

Post by StratomanUSB » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:41 am

Yeah the new album is great... but does anyone knows when its gonna hit the US???? I'd love to buy it there!!!!

Stratovarius_romania

Post by Stratovarius_romania » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Well ... my oppinion is that this album is one of the lamest albums.. only Fright Night is worse... where is the "Keep the melody in metal" ?! ...there are a few nice songs ... like fight,land of ice and snow.. united but.... this album is power ... not melodic power :((.....there will never be again songs like mother gaia or twilight symphony...... and elements is a great album! .. Dreamweaver,Eagleheart, I walk to my own song, Soul of a vagabond are great songs.......

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:11 pm

you seem to assume that 1) this is their last album and/or 2) they will never write melodic songs again....

which noone outside the band would know (IF they [strato] knows)

AMBR@BEC

Re: but in the US

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:30 pm

StratomanUSB wrote:Yeah the new album is great... but does anyone knows when its gonna hit the US???? I'd love to buy it there!!!!
CD INZANE has the Japanese import in already. http://www.cdinzane.com/Catalog.cfm?Act ... tartRow=31 A little pricey but I think it was worth it. I hate waiting for U.S. releases. :x
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

strangehighways

New Album

Post by strangehighways » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:15 pm

I listened to the new album once through so far and I gotta say it sounds fantastic. A departure compared to the old stuff, but I think it is really great. Lets be honest, Elements 1 wasn't great and 2 was appalling. This I think will stand in the top 5 Stratovarius albums ever for me.

crayc

Post by crayc » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:01 pm

Reroute2Remain wrote:

OK! where can i download it?