Show in Springfield, VA USA Tonight...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
donaldchapell
Show in Springfield, VA USA Tonight...

Post by donaldchapell » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:54 am

I thought it was fantastic - if I remember correctly, it was the first non-festival show they have ever played in the states.

Again, enjoyed myself a great deal...good mix of old and new, and the energy was cool. They also seemed to enjoy themselves, which was great.

Black Diamond was the highlight...

It was worth the wait for them to come to the US, and I know I can speak for others...I hope they come again.

D.

Sturmovik

Re: Show in Springfield, VA USA Tonight...

Post by Sturmovik » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:00 pm

Agreed! A fantastic show. My wife and I have been fans since Visions came out and have longed to see them live. When we saw they were coming to JAXX, we bought tickets immediately!

Thanks again, Strato, for traveling so far, playing a magnificent show, and giving us a good time. We hope to see you again soon!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:16 pm

I wish TT would do a write-up in the Tour Diary. I am anxious to learn what he thinks of our Great country, and the food, etc! :D
Hope they land a spot on the Leno, or Letterman Show--that would be so fine. But, I guess that is asking for too much! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:28 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Hope they land a spot on the Leno, or Letterman Show--that would be so fine. But, I guess that is asking for too much! :D
Yeah, I totally agree that that's asking too much. :wink:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:47 pm

Equinox wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Hope they land a spot on the Leno, or Letterman Show--that would be so fine. But, I guess that is asking for too much! :D
Yeah, I totally agree that that's asking too much. :wink:
I can always hope--they have lots of good, new bands on those late night shows. Strato is not new, but to the States they are! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

elwappoalot

Post by elwappoalot » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:46 pm

I've been waiting to see them for years! Last night was awesome for me.
For so long i kept hoping they would tour in the US and they finnally came

I love strato and they played awesome, they seemed to have a lot of fun and played mos tof my favorites song,

But...
I was disappointed at the sound guy, starting with the volumes. The sound was cranked so loud my ears are still fucked up. And at times everything was just distortion coming out. Too bad Jens keyboard had to be fixed during the bass solo as well. I was hoping more people would show up too, show their support!

Im actually still deaf and my right ear may never be the same, but at least it was strato!
Don get me wrong i loved every minute of the show!
I hope they come back, maybe next time they will borrow therion's sound man, that show sounded perfect. But i still love strato more!

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:18 pm

elwappoalot wrote: But...
I was disappointed at the sound guy, starting with the volumes. The sound was cranked so loud my ears are still fucked up. And at times everything was just distortion coming out. Too bad Jens keyboard had to be fixed during the bass solo as well. I was hoping more people would show up too, show their support!
Im actually still deaf and my right ear may never be the same, but at least it was strato!
:lol: ahahahaha it seems Jukka made some other people deaf!
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Cristiane wrote:
elwappoalot wrote: But...
:lol: ahahahaha it seems Jukka made some other people deaf!
My right ear can tell that too! :lol:

But don't worry, it will get back to normal in a couple of days :D .

Rock On!

Nightmare1z

Post by Nightmare1z » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:15 pm

That's why you should wear ear plugs. Can get some good ones that aren't just big blobs of plastic, but that actually let in the good frequencies while blocking the bad.

I don't care how unmetal you feel, do you really want to damage your hearing, or have ringing in your ears the rest of your life?

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:47 am

Nightmare1z wrote:do you really want to damage your hearing, or have ringing in your ears the rest of your life?
Now THAT is SOOO metal. :lol:

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:11 am

Equinox wrote: Now THAT is SOOO metal. :lol:
:poke: @Equi: You needn´t to spam at every moment. :P
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:08 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Equinox wrote: Now THAT is SOOO metal. :lol:
:poke: @Equi: You needn´t to spam at every moment. :P
Actually, that wasn't a spam post....

I was laughing my ass off.....

Anyway...

Nikolas_speed_of_lig

awesome concert

Post by Nikolas_speed_of_lig » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:54 pm

Im soooo happy, it was my first strato concert, and also my first concert. im 14 years old.
It was great the concert in springfield, i jump and song all the songs.
the sound was not so good, but i dont care..
i wanted tolkki's signature, i couldn't find him, but i got kotipelto, porra, michael and johansson's signature !!!!

thank you for that awesome concert. I really hope to see you again!!! and I will!!!
Im away, lost in my thoughts, every day, my life goes by at the speed of light!! yeah!!!!!

SkiBumMSP

Post by SkiBumMSP » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:32 am

(My first post! :) )

Been a long time fan of Stratovarious, at least since I've discovered them in/around 1999 or so. I've been waiting that long to see these guys live, let along to actually get to meet the band!

My friggan wishes have come true!!!

Not only have I got to see these guys live, but I got to see them live twice! Within two days! The first time was at the ProgPower USA VI show and the second one was at the Jaxx show, of which this thread is about.

They did play the exact same set at Jaxx as they did at Prog Power. The show was friggan awesome on both occasions. I am so glad to see the band is back at it, and Timo Tolkki was certainly performing as well as I'd was hoping for (despite all the "issues" that seem to have occured over the past year or so).

And then, here is the best part! After the show ended, me and just a handful of people decided to stick around and wait for a chance to meet the band (I was especially hoping to get to meet Timo Kotipelto). We were outside by the tour bus, only to have the head of security come and tell us that they will come out by the merchandise area, so a bunch of us went back in. The dude at the merchandise table tried to tell us that they were not coming out. As a result a number of people pretty much gave up, but there was a small bunch of us (maybe a dozen or so of us) decided to stick it out and wait. I am so friggan glad I did!

Imagine what it had to be like to friggan hang out in the bar for the next two plus hours with the band!!! I was there well into the night just shooting the shit with Timo K. Unfortunalty, Timo T. and Jens J. did not come out, though. It was just Timo K, Lauri P, and Jorg M. Still, friggan sharing drinks with Timo K was just AWESOM!! And I have the pictures to prove it! I was friggan on cloud 9!

Even two days after the concert, I am still stoked! I still cannot believe that I actually got to hang out in the bar with friggan STRATOVARIUS of all people! One of my all-time most favorite bands!

Edit: I've just set up an online photo gallery, but I've not got any pictures in it yet. For now, check out this link on the Klipsch forum that I posted. It contains four of the many pictures that I took.

And lastly, after that experience, I don't give a shit what anybody says about Stratovarius, but I am a friggan fan forever! And not only that, it is truly an honor that I was also able to become a good friend with these guys! I hope I get to see them again in the near future, not only as a fan, but as a friend!
Steven Konopa
Fredericksburg, VA

Play it HARD! Play it LOUD!

Dawn_is_Here

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:10 pm

SkiBumMSP wrote:(My first post! :) )

Been a long time fan of Stratovarious, at least since I've discovered them in/around 1999 or so. I've been waiting that long to see these guys live, let along to actually get to meet the band!

Congrats! :)

I bet you'll be in good mood for weeks now, even if someone wants to piss you off, just remembering those great moments will bring the smile back to your face!

I know that feeling :)

Rock On!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:45 am

^ That's exactly how I felt after Gigantour (Megadeth, Dream Theater, Symphony X etc) *off-topic*

Nikolas_speed_of_lig

Post by Nikolas_speed_of_lig » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:11 am

SkiBumMSP wrote:(My first post! :) )

Not only have I got to see these guys live, but I got to see them live twice! Within two days! The first time was at the ProgPower USA VI show and the second one was at the Jaxx show, of which this thread is about.

They did play the exact same set at Jaxx as they did at Prog Power. The show was friggan awesome on both occasions. I am so glad to see the band is back at it, and Timo Tolkki was certainly performing as well as I'd was hoping for (despite all the "issues" that seem to have occured over the past year or so).

And then, here is the best part! After the show ended, me and just a handful of people decided to stick around and wait for a chance to meet the band (I was especially hoping to get to meet Timo Kotipelto). We were outside by the tour bus, only to have the head of security come and tell us that they will come out by the merchandise area, so a bunch of us went back in. The dude at the merchandise table tried to tell us that they were not coming out. As a result a number of people pretty much gave up, but there was a small bunch of us (maybe a dozen or so of us) decided to stick it out and wait. I am so friggan glad I did!

Imagine what it had to be like to friggan hang out in the bar for the next two plus hours with the band!!! I was there well into the night just shooting the shit with Timo K. Unfortunalty, Timo T. and Jens J. did not come out, though. It was just Timo K, Lauri P, and Jorg M. Still, friggan sharing drinks with Timo K was just AWESOM!! And I have the pictures to prove it! I was friggan on cloud 9!

Even two days after the concert, I am still stoked! I still cannot believe that I actually got to hang out in the bar with friggan STRATOVARIUS of all people! One of my all-time most favorite bands!

Edit: I've just set up an online photo gallery, but I've not got any pictures in it yet. For now, check out this link on the Klipsch forum that I posted. It contains four of the many pictures that I took.

And lastly, after that experience, I don't give a shit what anybody says about Stratovarius, but I am a friggan fan forever! And not only that, it is truly an honor that I was also able to become a good friend with these guys! I hope I get to see them again in the near future, not only as a fan, but as a friend!

Heyyyy I was in the bar when timo k came out too!!!!! It was awesome just to see them, I staied there for about 30 minutes, and then I came out and wait for jens and Tolkki nerby the tour bus. Jens came out and I took some pictures with him, but Timo was kinda sick or something. but it was awesome to see them!!!!
I didnt drink anything, im just 14 y.o !
=P

Stratovarius is awesome!!!!
Im away, lost in my thoughts, every day, my life goes by at the speed of light!! yeah!!!!!

SkiBumMSP

Post by SkiBumMSP » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:36 am

Nikolas_speed_of_light wrote:
Heyyyy I was in the bar when timo k came out too!!!!! It was awesome just to see them, I staied there for about 30 minutes, and then I came out and wait for jens and Tolkki nerby the tour bus. Jens came out and I took some pictures with him, but Timo was kinda sick or something. but it was awesome to see them!!!!
=P

Which one was you? I was the big guy with the shoulder length wavy/curly blond hair (about a shade darker than Timo K.'s hair), blue eyes and glasses, wearing a ProgPower USA VI T-shirt (the same one that Timo and Porra was wearing) and the orange shorts.

Cool you got to meet Jens and got some pictures with him! I wanted to meet him myself. I wanted to ask him what the story was with the missing key on his instrument.

Timo K did tell me tell me that Timo T was not feeling good that night when I asked him where TT was. With the heat (and it was hot in this part of the US over the past week), and constantly going in and out of air conditioning, combined with the whole road thing, I imagine it has to eventually take a toll on these guys.
Steven Konopa
Fredericksburg, VA

Play it HARD! Play it LOUD!

Nikolas_speed_of_lig

Post by Nikolas_speed_of_lig » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:54 pm

SkiBumMSP wrote:
Nikolas_speed_of_light wrote:
=P

Which one was you? I was the big guy with the shoulder length wavy/curly blond hair (about a shade darker than Timo K.'s hair), blue eyes and glasses, wearing a ProgPower USA VI T-shirt (the same one that Timo and Porra was wearing) and the orange shorts.

Cool you got to meet Jens and got some pictures with him! I wanted to meet him myself. I wanted to ask him what the story was with the missing key on his instrument.

Timo K did tell me tell me that Timo T was not feeling good that night when I asked him where TT was. With the heat (and it was hot in this part of the US over the past week), and constantly going in and out of air conditioning, combined with the whole road thing, I imagine it has to eventually take a toll on these guys.
Yeah! I saw you in the bar, I was the youngest, I think, with a black t shirt, black jeans, and after the concert I was with a Stratovarius cap. Im short, like 158 CM, thin and brown hair. I have some pictures, maybe later I'd send some here.

see you, bye.[/img]

Nikolas_speed_of_lig

Post by Nikolas_speed_of_lig » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:12 am

here some pictures!!!:

http://groups.msn.com/LaBandADeLMetaL/g ... l_topics=0

there are links to the pictures. some of the pictures are mine, and some other are with someone's camera.

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:01 pm

Equinox wrote:
Nightmare1z wrote:do you really want to damage your hearing, or have ringing in your ears the rest of your life?
Now THAT is SOOO metal. :lol:
More metal than making yourself deaf so you can't hear Metal anymore. :twisted:

Even Nugent wore earplugs... :lol:
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.