Criticisms of Montreal Show

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
marco_matteo
Criticisms of Montreal Show

Post by marco_matteo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:15 pm

You know what sucked about Stratovarius and their show in Montreal last night? They did not play my favourite songs A Millon Light Years Away, SOS, Infinity, Cold Winter Nights, Millenium, I Walk to My Own Song, Fight, Just Carry On and 4000 Rainy Nights !!! ...

BUT! You know what does not suck ? ... :P

They played all my other favourite songs such as Coming Home, Twighlight Symphony, Will The Sun Rise, Against the Wind, Black Diamond ... heck, the whole damn show was a "My Favourite Stratovarius Songs' setlist

Best setlist i have seen at any show so far

Great stuff Stratovarius, simply awesome, hopefully you come back to Montreal soon :D

I forgot how to count in Finnish

All the best,
ciao

redd

Re: Criticisms of Montreal Show

Post by redd » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:51 pm

The show was amazing in his totality...

Into Eternity gave a excelent performance and did a great job warming up the crowd.

The stratovarius set was awesome too! The projectors were nice and the set-list decent... a bit too many balad but it was still ok :) The new bass player kick ass!

And TK compared the montreal comuauty to the one in europe :) unlike his previews concerts in North-america, which is a honnor!

nIc0

Post by nIc0 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:55 pm

Well, first of all, before that night, I had only heard 1 song from Stratovarius so I expected something good but since I didn't know the group much, I didn't know what they really were. I liked Into Eternity, they were a good band to warm up the place! Then when came Stratovarius, I was amazed but all the songs! They were all so great!!! The performance of each member was really great and it was nice to see them come near the crowd and shake hands with people. I shook my hand with Jörg, Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto and the bass player!

The ambiance was really nice and I liked when Timo said something like : Well, it seems like we have something in common ! *Looks at the Québec flag* You have the same logo as us ! *crowd cheers*. Oh look, there's something other then that! Finland's flag is white and blue with a blue cross...like you guys!!!! *cheers*

I am now completely addicted to this band! They made a new fan out of me and I will go to their future concerts for sure. It was such a really nice concert.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:50 am

nIc0 wrote:Well, first of all, before that night, I had only heard 1 song from Stratovarius so I expected something good but since I didn't know the group much, I didn't know what they really were. I liked Into Eternity, they were a good band to warm up the place! Then when came Stratovarius, I was amazed but all the songs! They were all so great!!! The performance of each member was really great and it was nice to see them come near the crowd and shake hands with people. I shook my hand with Jörg, Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto and the bass player!

The ambiance was really nice and I liked when Timo said something like : Well, it seems like we have something in common ! *Looks at the Québec flag* You have the same logo as us ! *crowd cheers*. Oh look, there's something other then that! Finland's flag is white and blue with a white cross...like you guys!!!! *cheers*

they tend to have that effect on people :D :headbang: welcome!

I am now completely addicted to this band! They made a new fan out of me and I will go to their future concerts for sure. It was such a really nice concert.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

fernando_levy

Post by fernando_levy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:56 pm

Indeed, you're lucky you have those things in common with Stratovarius! Personally I love the lily, it's a great symbol. And my uncle married a woman from Montreal, so there's kind of a relationship between me and Québec heheh... vive les québecois!

necrolog

un ka ko né

Post by necrolog » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:30 pm

If I remember well, to count to four in Finnish is somehting like

Un Ka Ko Né (Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh screams the crowd)

Invinoveritas

Post by Invinoveritas » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 pm

:) :) :) :) Yksi kaksi kolme neljä!

shaz

Post by shaz » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:24 pm

Invinoveritas wrote::) :) :) :) Yksi kaksi kolme neljä!
Viisi kuusi seitsemän kahdeksan yhdeksän kymmenen! :D Haha.. so, you guys had to count in my mothertongue, huh? :)
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:41 pm

shaz wrote: Viisi kuusi seitsemän kahdeksan yhdeksän kymmenen! :D Haha.. so, you guys had to count in my mothertongue, huh? :)
And so what? That must be not so difficult, though very different. :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:27 am

lol, remember when they showed up the american flag, everyone went "boooooo".

I think into eternity sucked ass

now, time for some finnish: sviii svvalentoopikolllaptero lvsy salmmonel ivi potekilepto visiiin.

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:08 am

there is a a topic called your diary :) you dont have to open a thread for every opinion.