Stratovarius was incredible in Cleveland last night. \mmmmm/

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Lucid Faia
Stratovarius was incredible in Cleveland last night. \mmmmm/

Post by Lucid Faia » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:13 pm

The Cleveland crowd was not the typical laid-back metal crowd most bands are used to seeing from Americans. When Stratovarius came out and played "Maniac Dance," we went nuts. Stratovarius proceeded to play a near-perfect setlist, playing just about everyone's favorite songs from Fourth Dimension, Episode, and Visions. They even teased us by playing a little bit of Paranoid at one point.

Timo Tolkki and Jens Johansson had these great staredowns where they would either be playing mind games with each other or trying to one-up the other by playing something more impressive. Johansson is an amazingly entertaining performer.

About the \mm/ thing... my friends and I were all near the front row (probably in the 2nd or 3rd), and one of us had this idea where we would merge all of our \m/ signs (the sign where you clinch your first and extend your digit and pinky fingers). So it basically turned into all of us holding our fists together in the air while the outer two would extend a pinky, making the "longhorn" version of the horns. When we did this for Into Eternity (the opening act), one of their guitarists broke into a big grin when he saw it, and their bassist and vocalist just started cracking up when they saw it. Later, when Stratovarius came out, vocalist Timo Kotipelto actually looked at our group at the end of Maniac Dance and requested that sign. We did it, but also got a little help from the people around us this time. He then informed us, "That's a good one."

This concert was everything I wanted it to be. Stratovarius and Into Eternity are both incredible live bands, with very charismatic band members. Stratovarius is a top-tier live band, definitely on par with the likes of Iron Maiden, Kiss, and GnR. Best songs of the night: Maniac Dance, Hunting High and Low, Black Diamond.

I would have liked to have heard "Phoenix," which is my favorite song, but I'm definitely not complaining with what I got.

01 - Maniac Dance
02 - Speed Of Light
03 - The Kiss Of Judas
04 - Paranoid / Legions
05 - Twilight Symphony
06 - Will The Sun Rise?
07 - Bass Solo
08 - The Land Of Ice And Snow
09 - United
10 - Against The Wind
11 - Season Of Change
12 - Father Time

ENCORE:
13 - Coming Home
14 - Destiny
15 - Hunting High And Low

2ND ENCORE:
16 - Forever
17 - Black Diamond
A Lucid Mind

Fireblade

Re: Stratovarius was incredible in Cleveland last night. \mmmmm/

Post by Fireblade » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:36 pm

Paranoid?????????

*even more impatient for London show to arrive*
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:18 am

A longhorn version of the horns??? ??? ???

*Even more impatient for the next tour :wink: *

:lol:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am

YES!!! I saw that Lucid....twas awesome!!! I saw TK using both fists and shooting back at you too...kick ass....too much metal for 2 hands!!!!

and yes....the remaining 1st time cities are truely in for more of a treat than they can possibly imagine....

-Luc

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:52 pm

Lucid, I know you looked forward to that moment for years!
Did you get to meet any of the guys personally?
Once, a couple years back I remember TT said something about drinking with you, well, much has happened since then, but did you at least get an autograph or Pic? Hope you did because True fans deserve that! And, the show was wonderful! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 pm

No, I wasn't able to meet any of them, though I definitely would have liked to.

I believe Tolkki made that comment after I told him that I think that "Phoenix" is the best song ever written. ;)
A Lucid Mind

icedone

Post by icedone » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:50 pm

I agree i would have been great to hear phoenix which is also my fav.I saw you guys raise your hands but I couldnt see past the guy who kept hold the flag blocking my view.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:03 am

I was at the Chicago show last night. Front row, center :D Despite the crappy ass local band the promoters squeezed in there (they were horrible, probably the worst opening act I've seen since As I Lay Dying), it was an AWESOME show. I had seen them twice in Mexico, but never this close. The setlist was the same Lucid posted, Against The Wind was probably my favorite, followed by Destiny and Will The Sun Rise?

The band looked very comfortable onstage, and sure looked like they were having fun. I almost got one of Jorg's drumsticks, damn girl next to me got it :( Oh well, I got to shake TK's hand tho :P (he looked REALLY good btw :wink: )

Tomorrow's my birthday, so I told my husband I just wanted to see Strato as my present. So yaay happy birthday to me :D