Jens Vodka n Lauri's PahPaySmorf!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
PaPaySmorf
Jens Vodka n Lauri's PahPaySmorf!

Post by PaPaySmorf » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:13 am

I was at the Cleveland show on Sep 27, and I tellya, it was great. was a great set! I enjoyed the show. I couldnt miss Stratovarius in the states as I wasnt sure if they ever would be back.

but what was such a treat was to hang out after the show and meet all the guys and then later walk to the near by bar and Party with Jens and Lauri.

I hung out after the show near the bus and was able to meet the guys. And I tell you it was a treat to meet them all. they all were very nice guys.
Timo Toikki came out 1st and acknowledged us and then went into the bus (and then would later come out with the others), then Timo Kotipelto came over and signed some autographs and chatted with us (beer in hand )
it wasnt long then before Jens, Lauri, and Jorg (and TT) came over and hung out and signed some autographs.
Me and a few others were the only fans left as many were told that the band was not going to come outside to meet anyone. Only a handful of well behaved fans remained. And the band hung out with for a few, chatting and signing. We were delighted to meet them.

It was then outside the bus that a girl and guy (whos names i cant remember as i was already drunk lol) asked the band if they wanted to go to a nearby bar. She said she would buy them all a round.

so, I think Jens and Lauri felt they should honor such a jesture of alcohol virture! ahem lol ...and so the 5 of us (the Girl n Guy, Me and Jens n Lauri) walked a block to a nearby bar and hung out. And I tell you what Jens and Lauri was a Riot! they had me laughin my ass off. both of them had a great sense of humor.

Was hard to remember everything as I was already drunk, Jens and Lauri I believe were catching up with me. We were hangin out at a table bs'ing. It just seemed that everything they said was halarious...just from things they were goofin on..... and i think hearin Lauri's Finnish accent alone was a riot.

.......I remember telling them that Cleveland was in the middle of a Baseball Playoff type race... so being a die hard Tribe fan that i am , it was my civil duty to have Lauri chanting "Gowa INdy-Ans" and after a spell of laughing I told him to yell "Go Tribe" and his strong Finnish Vocal chords had the walls of the bar vibrating with"GoWa TuRiBe!!!!" it was Halarious. ... but Lauri really had me roaring with something else he said (and I dont even know how the conversation started) I wasnt payin attention at the 1st part but all of a sudden Lauri's loud Finnish voice chants out "PahPaySmorf" and I about dropped to the floor... we all were rolling... and i tell you , hearing PapaSmurf in a Strong Finnish accent bout killed me. One of them things you will never hear. lol and it inspired my handle to this forum "PaPahSmorf" lol

we hung out a lil longer, I cannot remember what else we talked about as I was smashed. im sorry i cant remember the other girl and guys name. we then walked back to the bus. and the Guys invited us on the bus. TT and Jorg and others were chilling to some jams and relaxing.
but i dont know if they would want me to say this, but they were jamming to a laptop (I dont know if you all heard a typical laptop) but it wasnt very loud at all. thats all they had for Jams lol ....I told them they needed to get some external speakers. it was just something to poke fun at, and i hope my sense of humor didnt disturb anyone. the Irony caught me.

as we were sitting there Jens broke out a clear glass bottle and said it was time for Vodka (or at least he called it Vodka).
but after already being tore up from the beer I was able to step up to the next level and try Jens Vodka. I have no ideal what it was but after I took a swig but I imagined nail polish remover , it was some strong stuff.
but whatever it was, it got me F'ed up.

we hung out a lil while longer as they had to leave as the bus was leaving for Chicago. It was great to hang out with the band they were such spirited personalities..... from another country.

I will never forget it, ......Lauri's PaPahSmorf chant ....and Jens Vodka (or whatever it was lol)
I hope they dont get mad for telling you all this.

but if you want to hang out with the guys, just hang out after a show after most everyone leaves and when its down to a handful of fans., offer the guys some drinks. but be prepared for Jens "Vodka"!!

Great Night hangin out with such Progressive Metal Talents from Finland

and with Great beerication and some help from Jens "Vodka" I woke up the next afternoon, yes afternoon... 2pm ish, in my car in a nearby Parking Garage , whew got away with that one)

I wont forget it! (atleast what i remember from it anyways )

sorry no pics.

hope to see you guys around again!

Brad Howard

GoWa TuRiBe!!!!

bradman200@yahoo.com

fifthtea_sausage

Re: Jens Vodka n Lauri's PahPaySmorf!

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:59 am

Thats a bit of a fantastic story but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
That must have been amazing! 8)
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:57 pm

Clear glass bottle? :lol:
I wonder if Jens had obtained some of that Southern knock-your-socks off homemade liquor AKA Moonshine/Wildcat somewhere on the Road? :lol: :beer:
Sounds like a great&wonderful experience. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:59 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:Thats a bit of a fantastic story but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
That must have been amazing! 8)
Actually, sounds quite normal. :lol:
Jens sometime after 3am in New York City.
I shudder to think what's on that video camera he's holding. Hopefully not me! :roll:
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec