Just want to express my sincere gratitude

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
The Phoenix

Just want to express my sincere gratitude

Post by The Phoenix » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:23 pm

I just wanted to say how blown away I was by the Winnipeg show on the 30th. It was the first time any of my favorite metal bands had come to Winnipeg. (I flew out to Montreal to see concerts in the past, costing me about $300 in plane fare for each trip!) The show was incredible, I came with 3 of my friends a few hours early so we could get right up front. Easily the most exhilarating experience of my life~

I am so grateful that Strato decided to come to Winnipeg on their tour, we may not be able to pull the big crowds like Montreal (though Timo says we're louder than Edmonton!) you guys still came, and I am very grateful.

Good to know that Strato is a band that goes where the fans are, not only where the money is. At the end of the video presentation it said there was another tour in 2007? I can hardly wait!

StratoNess

Re: Just want to express my sincere gratitude

Post by StratoNess » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:52 am

The Phoenix wrote: At the end of the video presentation it said there was another tour in 2007? I can hardly wait!

Hopefully it will be more spread out and I won't have to travel hundreds of miles to see them.

Come to OMAHA NEBRASKA Stratovarius!!!

They played a killer show in Chicago.

harley_squirrelnuts

how was that possible?

Post by harley_squirrelnuts » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:41 pm

how could he say that you were louder than us when they hadn't even played here yet?? Timo must have been fking with you, as we all know there wasn't much left after the Jets left town oh so many years ago. :lol:

anyways, that's just small potatoes, as it was totally a privilege to see them play in this neck of the woods. The show here was amazing, and the place was pretty much packed. Therion and Overkill played in the same club within the last month and neither band drew half of what Stratovarius did.

Thanks for coming out this way, I enjoyed the show about as much as the teenybopper brown haired chick with ponytails bouncing around the club bragging to her friends about getting a backstage pass- and that one was the only one I saw being handed out. What, my man-boobs weren't big enough? Well, let's just say we all know what ponytails are handlebars for, and that's a service I just can't bring myself to provide.

Thanks for making Edmonton one of 18(?) North American dates - please come back!!!

browneyedgirl

Re: Just want to express my sincere gratitude

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:06 pm

:lol: Great joke--but, watch it! You'll have all the Drama Queens in this Forum on your ass saying thats not how a female gets a backstage pass!(Backstage Pass? =P Thats an oxymoron in itself!) :lol: Ask Metal Sludge&Rolling Stone about that! :lol:

Seriously, that was a terrific post laced with humor&I enjoyed reading it! I am already looking forward to 2007! If my boss gives me a week off, I will be on a bus to California tonight. If not, I won't cry about it--I'll just look forward to 2007&maybe they will play even closer! :) Or, hop a jet to Europe! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~