M3: Monster Metal Madness -> Setlist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
eternity_strato
M3: Monster Metal Madness -> Setlist

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:41 am

Well, this M3 tour starts 26th October in Finland. At least I am VERY interested in setlists of every show ( i don't mind if people from this forum or setlist published in any metal magazine, online or not ), not only from strato: I'd like to know Hammerfall's and Shakra's ones.

Although there's some people who doesn't want to know, I can make a solution for everyone.

1) Do not read this topic.
2) Put the setlist between this code parts.

Code: Select all

[color=#192136] setlist [/color]
Example (select):

setlist

So to read it you have to select it with the mouse. (yes, it's something stupid, but I like it :lol: :lol: )

Well, waiting because I want to prepare the show. :)

painkiller79

About the forthcoming setlist

Post by painkiller79 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:47 pm

I'm also preparing for the upcoming show next Friday in Tampere and I'm very excited to say the least! I've been a Stratovarius fan for 10 years now and this upcoming show will be the 10th show for me. So there's magic in the air already, especially when the band has been so professional in being able to overcome their past difficulties and to return united, stronger than ever.

I was wondering your enthusiasm of getting to know the setlist in advance. Don't you like to wait with a bit of eagerness and anticipation, with a punch of thrill in your chest and then, finally, be surprised? I've always went to concerts with a knot of tension in my gut, waiting to be surprised with the songs my favorite band will unleash soon...I think it's beyond fantastic to feel the blast of emotional energy when a favorite song is announced or just suddenly unleashed upon the frenzied crowd...

In order to prepare oneself before a live show one should listen to many many great songs of the band, not just the ones PROBABLY included in the setlist. At least for me there are certainly more great songs in the repertoire of Stratovarius than just 15 - 20 songs. I like to enjoy their music with a wider range than just a concert's worth of songs. And be more than prepared in the process.

But, to give you some slack here, I can "reveal" you something to quench your thirst...Prepare to hear the following songs:

Maniac Dance
The Land Of Ice And Snow
Against The Wind
Distant Skies
Twilight Symphony
Father Time
Will The Sun Rise?
Speed Of Light
Season Of Change
Kiss Of Judas
Black Diamond
Legions
Coming Home
Visions
Destiny
Hunting High And Low

--------------------------------------------------------

I recommend that you keep on listening to many other songs as well while preparing yourself for the show, you never know what they'll surprise you with...

--------------------------------------------------------

"why don't you take me there
wanna feel some infinity
why don't we just dare
coz after all remains ... Eternity"

Yours,
P.A.I.N.K.I.L.L.E.R.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: M3: Monster Metal Madness -> Setlist

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:30 pm

@eternity: Please remember that Shakra doesn´t play in Finland and probably in Sweden too. Also in Finland there´s a band called Wingdom as a supporting act. (Sonata´s ex keysman Mikko´s present band).
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:37 pm

IceBreaker wrote:@eternity: Please remember that Shakra doesn´t play in Finland and probably in Sweden too. Also in Finland there´s a band called Wingdom as a supporting act. (Sonata´s ex keysman Mikko´s present band).
Wow, didn't know Mikko was still out there. That would perhaps make a reason to go to the shows :p
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:19 pm

I like so much Wingdom , their cd is very good. And I think Mikko Harkin is much better playing keys than Sonata's keyboardist nowadays.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:15 pm

eternity_strato wrote:I like so much Wingdom , their cd is very good. And I think Mikko Harkin is much better playing keys than Sonata's keyboardist nowadays.
You said it. I don´t like Henkka and his portable keys at all, when comparing to Mikko. Who is the best keysplayer straight after Jens. (IMHO) 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:32 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:I like so much Wingdom , their cd is very good. And I think Mikko Harkin is much better playing keys than Sonata's keyboardist nowadays.
You said it. I don´t like Henkka and his portable keys at all, when comparing to Mikko. Who is the best keysplayer straight after Jens. (IMHO) 8)
Tuomas and Richard Andersson are great too. Those Scandinavians surely know how to play keys.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

ForceMajeure1

Post by ForceMajeure1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:47 pm

Someone add the Hammerfall set list on M3 here as well please :)
Check out my melodic metal band's MP3s at

http://www.forcesite.net

nepi

Post by nepi » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 pm

IceBreaker wrote:@eternity: Please remember that Shakra doesn´t play in Finland and probably in Sweden too. Also in Finland there´s a band called Wingdom as a supporting act. (Sonata´s ex keysman Mikko´s present band).
What? I thought Shakra supports the whole M3-Tour! I checked now the Shakra-page and their stand that their support begins with 1st Nov in Oslo and ends at 1st Dec in Budapest.

enjoy them, they are really good and rocks!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:34 am

OK eternity_strato. Here´s the Wingdom´s setlist in the gig in Turku. (you can find it also in my review on the topic about the gig)
1. Time
2. Marionette
3. Where Do We Go?
4. Never Stop
5. A Sigh of Despair
6. Why (Helloween-cover)

And Strato´s too though now everyone should know that already, coz it seems to be the same in every gigs... :wink:

1. Maniac Dance
2. Speed of Light
3. Kiss of Judas
4. Eagleheart
5. Father Time
6. Twilight Symphony
7. Fight
8. Bass solo
9. The Land of Ice and Snow
10. United
11. Hunting High and Low
Encore:
12. Destiny
13. Black Diamond

pillango

Post by pillango » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:58 am

I just got back from the concert in Tilburg, Holland, and it was fucking great!! Although, I think there was a little problem with the power of the vocals: until after the bass solo they were not loud enough and it was not quite easy to hear Kotipelto... But then after the solo everything was fine. Guys, did you notice this, or was it just my impression?

Anyway, the setlist was

1. Maniac Dance
2. Speed of Light
3. Kiss of Judas
4. Eagleheart
5. Against the Wind
6. Twilight Symphony
7. Fight
8. Bass solo

from this point I don't remember the order of the songs, maybe

9. Father Time
10. United
11. Forever
12. Hunting High and Low
13. Destiny
14. Black Diamond

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:53 pm

what the fuck?

in köln they played only 11 songs.. they did not play against the wind and twilight sypmhony.. and there was no bass-solo.. what the fuck?
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:01 pm

At all German shows, HAMMERFALL is headliner, so HF plays 1 1/2 hours, STRATOVARIUS only 1 hour 10 minutes. In Belgium and Netherlands, it was the other way round. And there they did play Against the wind and Twilight Symphony.

empi

Post by empi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:56 pm

and that means that all german fans who want to hear strato longer have to travel a long way yeah thats very cool! i know i should be happy to see them
everywhere in the world they play longer sets thanks strato we must be very bad fans!

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:45 pm

If there's a contract because of Nuclear Blast or another business thing you can't do anything but cry. Sad but true.

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:22 pm

Absolutely right. It´s not Stratovarius´ decision, it depends of which band sells more cds in which country. So it´s German fans´ own fault :wink:

destinyjazzy

Post by destinyjazzy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Strange, i never heard this before. Ithought both bands played 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Rock On!!!

empi

Post by empi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:01 pm

it depends of which band sells more cds in which country
yeah and in south america there must been sold thoundsands of cds :D

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:16 pm

grr hammerfall! i drove 500 km to see Stratovarius and not this Hammerfall show, which is everytime the same!
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

Earfalas

Post by Earfalas » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:07 am

destinyjazzy wrote:Strange, i never heard this before. Ithought both bands played 1 hour and 30 minutes.
nope, Hammerfall played about 1 hour and a few minutes more, which was long enough for me btw, and strato filled up the time till 23:15, I dont know how long they played, I just fuckin enjoyed it :D :elk:
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?
-
www.rainsphere.bravehost.com