Tarja guest in Stratovarius

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
NeonVomit
Re: Tarja guest in Stratovarius

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:40 pm

Gah no way. Stratovarius is Stratovarius. I cannot imagine anyone other than TK or TT singing Stratosongs.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

mo-ka

Post by mo-ka » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:12 pm

NO, thanks.
Every moment is like gold, You'll remember when you're old.

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:24 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Gah no way. Stratovarius is Stratovarius. I cannot imagine anyone other than TK or TT singing Stratosongs.
It's hardly imaginable but does somebody thought the same about AC/DC in the 70ties? Or what about Helloween? Gamma Ray?
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Ikola

Post by Ikola » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:28 pm

nepi wrote:
Ikola wrote: And live, yuck. I've never seen a headlining artist sing that false(the rest of the band was good, but she...no way). No, she should stay at home polishing and worshipping the money she got from Nightwish :wink:

In Nightwish it wasn't her voice or looks that did it, it was Tuomas's songs that made Nightwish so big. Let's just hope they can find someone that can sing properly.
I share only the half of your message. She can sing very good. Ok, in studios she's better, but live, she doesn't sing so bad as you describe!

Well, the sound will be the same of Nightwish because of Tuomas - that calms me down!

wait and pray - the last words aren't be spoken
Oh yes, she sang, and during the first song i just stood there listening to one of my absloute favourite bands at the moment. Everything was perfect, they walk up on stage and as soon as she opes her mouth and starts to sing along to the intro of bless the child i just looked at my friend and he looked at me. WTF is this sh*t? She sang false as hell. And we thought, well, she can't go on like this throughout the set. Well, she did. The only good parts were when Marco sang(he's a really good singer).

The festival was Gates of Metal in Hultsfred 2003. Other bands like Gamma Ray, Freedom call and Blind guardian had played before and done great shows. And Nightwish was supposed to be the big band that ends the festival. And yes, they were good, but only when Marco sang.

Since then I haven't attended a Nightwish show, I went to that festival because of them and she ruined it! Thank Blind Guardian for making a perfect set and save the day!

I've heard from friends that Tarja weren't that good with tones last year either but at least it was better than the gates of metal-show. So maybe she's a bit better now, but that show just ruined everything.

Moikko

Post by Moikko » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:23 pm

I have heard Tarja live only once and that was 26th of december 2004. And my opinion is that her singing was as good as it is in Nightwish album's.

And i could imagine her voice in one Strato-song maybe added on a single. And maybe Tarja would sing only one part or maybe in Chorus. My opinion.

elvenrhapsody

Post by elvenrhapsody » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:45 pm

uhhhh... no tarja for me, ever again, thanks. anybody who treats her band mates that way doesn't deserve to play with strato, sonata, nightwish, or any other decent metal band.

mango

Post by mango » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:48 pm

I would hate it.

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:05 pm

Everything was perfect, they walk up on stage and as soon as she opes her mouth and starts to sing along to the intro of bless the child i just looked at my friend and he looked at me. WTF is this sh*t? She sang false as hell.
What do you mean by "false"? Like she was faking it? Off-key, weak, bad tones? I believe you when you say she gave a poor performance, (can happen to any vocalist) but I don't understand the use of that word.

I've seen NW live 7 times and each time, Tarja's voice was amazing, though sometimes better than others. In Atlanta she did well, but in Toronto she was much better. The show in Helsinki this month was the best performance I've seen yet. That said, I think NW can find an equally good replacement, hopefully one that travels better.

As for Strato, I think they are far better off without Tarja, even for a guest appearance.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

The Enigma

Post by The Enigma » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 am

I see Tarja could do one carefully chosen and Stratosong rearranged for her as a single, just to experiment with it, but more than that there's not much sense, her voice isn't for Strato.

About her singing "false" at Gates Of Metal in 2003, I've got the full concert on CD by Hultsfred TV (like many others :) ) and it is not her but something with mixing her mic channel (definitely too low - and maybe filter settings f*cked up), that causes her sounding a bit low-key when she sings. More than that, she hits all notes without problems. Of course I can't tell how the sound was live in the hall.
The 1st rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier

Ikola

Post by Ikola » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:51 am

Gates of Metal 2003 was an open air-festival. And yes, I have it on video from hultsfred.tv. In the intro of bless the child they have mixed down her voice so it can't be heard. They have done this in many parts of the show. It is not a good recording to refer too. And can't you hear how horrible her voice sounds like? At the moment I was comparing how she sounded on the century child record.

By false i mean, she sang the wrong notes so everything sounds like sh*t. It's just my Swenglish :wink:

Livia Dencker

Post by Livia Dencker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:25 pm

Well...
Tarja is a good singer, but I don't like lyrical female singers at all...
But one song could be interesting... why not?

Cacho.K.

Post by Cacho.K. » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:49 am

:roll:

Of course not, TK and Tarja are very different voices, is not a good idea. Strato is not the same without TK. :D
A quién van a ir a ver?
A Stratovarius abuela.
A quien le van a extraer los ovarios?.
No abuela, es STRATOVARIUS, es un grupo.
Ah!

XD

HTTP://WWW.STRATOVARIUSMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.THEGATHERINGMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.DEEPSILENT.TK

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:05 am

They meant with them, not instead of timo!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:51 am

People just don't read these days :roll:
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:16 pm

htcdude wrote:People just don't read these days :roll:
Funny it was you who wrote that fine sentence. :lol:

I think everyone got the point, sorry for off-topic. :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

ac666

Post by ac666 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:10 am

Personally I think Tarja guesting a Strat song would be cool, but with the recent revelations from the Nightwish camp, I don't think Strat should touch the idea with a 50ft pole.

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:42 am

tolkki wrote:I would like to see Tarja Turunen guest in a new Stratovarius song.What is your opinion....?

i don't think so, they have totally diferent sounds , i don't think that tarja would do a nice work with them ..... :?
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:27 pm

Why does it have to be Tarja anyway? If we're talking about potential duets, why not Sharon from Within Temptation? She has already shown that she would fit well with the Strato sound, by being on Tolkki's solo album (and also since they did work together in the past, there is proof there that they can do it again). And I think her voice would sound great with Timo K's.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:53 pm

YÍeah, Sharon woudl be cool too. But the reason, why we are talking about Tarja joining is, that she left Nightwish.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:42 am

I understand why, but I think Tarja and Nightwish has parted ways because she does not want to sing metal anymore. And well, Strato is pretty metal. ;)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:53 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:I understand why, but I think Tarja and Nightwish has parted ways because she does not want to sing metal anymore. And well, Strato is pretty metal. ;)
That's true.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Asterothe

Post by Asterothe » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:58 pm

I wouln't want that.
I'm still there, everywhere