Stratovarius back in 2007?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
eternity_strato
Re: Stratovarius back in 2007?

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:09 pm

Dave wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:PLEASE, ENGLISH! I SAID IT BEFORE.

Maybe next year Timo Tolkki will release his rock opera and Kotipelto his third album. And if the band releases the 12th studio album in 2007, I think it will be in the first months, so they would record it from july-dec 2006.
i knew you would complain about the language :D

anyway, i think you're right 8)
I will be hated by most German Stratofans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:38 pm

They seem to come back to the UK every 2 years at the moment, so 2007 would be nice :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:58 pm

cliff wrote:
IceBreaker wrote: As I remember it was said on the screen that Stratovarius will be back in 2007 with album WINDOWS.
No no, this was a joke that Tolkki made on the finnish board, in a threat about Micro*oft Windows (http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewt ... ht=#268738) :-)
Grr...:shock: You seem to know everything and though you don´t know all. :P Because it was said on the screens "new album WINDOWS" which must mean that Tolkki is using that term. It´s true too that he invented that term as a joke before.

Oh, ai niin, you haven´t been in a gig on this tour yet. :idea:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:46 pm

Double-headliner tour again? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when double-headline means Stratovarius and some fucking poseurs. SymphonyX and Rhapsody were so much better than HF. In the future I want to see Running Wild, Elvenking or Rage as a support band!
Nothing to say.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:54 pm

HammerFall are kool!
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

nepi

Post by nepi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:24 pm

double headliner-tour are ok for one time but not everytime. when i go to strato-gig, i want to see stratovarius the fkn whole evening! it's ok for me to see how it is a double headliner-gig, i'll see soon
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:02 pm

Stratovarius with Power Quest and Hibria would make my evening complete :D

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:51 pm

Stratovarius with Tokio Hotel and Backstreet Boys would make my evening complete :-D
Spamming is serious business!

Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:32 pm

No news about a new album yet but... Timo Tolkki told me (yep, I met the guys, woohoo!!) that he's got a whole bunch of ideas in his head already. Sounds very promising, huh? :) :wink: :D

Paula
...Patience...Virtue...Identity...Soul...

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:36 pm

I wanna talk with him too!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:50 pm

I was waiting for this close encounter with TT for soooooo long. 5 years ago I almost met him, he was only 3 metres away from me, but talking on his cellphone so... I didn't dare to interfere. And now I finally was given the chance! Great bonus is that the others were all present too! :D :D :D

Paula
...Patience...Virtue...Identity...Soul...

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:49 pm

IceBreaker wrote: Because it was said on the screens "new album WINDOWS" which must mean that Tolkki is using that term. It´s true too that he invented that term as a joke before.

Oh, ai niin, you haven´t been in a gig on this tour yet. :idea:
I believe you, that it was written on the screens. However, I do know for sure that Tolkki didn't have all his mind when he make the joke on the finnish board (btw, he did the same joke in the english board, but the whole msg in finnish, and the name was Ikkuna).
I'll ask Timo about it on tomorrow and I'll let you know :-)

(and who knows. maybe his new idea is to make a reunion with Aika/Aikakone & NylonBeat & Waldo's People ? 8)
<b>This is wrong</b>

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:16 am

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:Double-headliner tour again? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when double-headline means Stratovarius and some fucking poseurs. SymphonyX and Rhapsody were so much better than HF. In the future I want to see Running Wild, Elvenking or Rage as a support band!
Why not IMPALED NAZARENE? :P :P :P
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:22 am

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:Double-headliner tour again? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when double-headline means Stratovarius and some fucking poseurs. SymphonyX and Rhapsody were so much better than HF. In the future I want to see Running Wild, Elvenking or Rage as a support band!
AMEN !

(I'd prefer Angra or Nightwish, though)
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:28 am

cliff wrote: I'll ask Timo about it on tomorrow and I'll let you know :-)

(and who knows. maybe his new idea is to make a reunion with Aika/Aikakone & NylonBeat & Waldo's People ? 8)
Ah, I´ll be waiting that. Only damn is that I forgot to ask TT about that when I met him. :wink: Anyways...

Tja, maybe but I guess those bands are known by the Finns the most, so the ppl here may just wonder which kinda bands those were. :P
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:15 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
cliff wrote: I'll ask Timo about it on tomorrow and I'll let you know :-)

Ah, I´ll be waiting that. Only damn is that I forgot to ask TT about that when I met him. :wink: Anyways...

Tja, maybe but I guess those bands are known by the Finns the most, so the ppl here may just wonder which kinda bands those were. :P
Ah, I should have asked about those Waldo's Aika Beat ! :D

I asked Timo about the new album. He said that "Windows" is the working title at the moment (which means that it is not sure he is going to keep it).
I also asked if he has already started composing songs for the new album. he told me "sure! everything's in already in my head!" :-)

I also asked about his metal opera projet. He told me that he hadn't chosen the singers yet, but he asked Tarja to do it! When I asked about the style, he smiled to me and said "no metal. no rock. it will be something that no one has ever done before!". sounds really interesting!
<b>This is wrong</b>

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:19 am

cliff wrote: I asked Timo about the new album. He said that "Windows" is the working title at the moment (which means that it is not sure he is going to keep it).
I also asked about his metal opera projet. He told me that he hadn't chosen the singers yet, but he asked Tarja to do it! ...sounds really interesting!
So, the term WINDOWS is nowadays a bit like the term POPKILLER was some time ago. An undefined working title. :P

He also told me that he doesn´t know the singers of his opera project, so he still seems to have the same situation. But mentioning Tarja as one alternative sounds me too really interesting or even exciting. I namely started to guess that Tolkki would think Tarja as the female lead when the Nightwish mess began. So, we´re going to see perhaps interesting times relating to that rock or sth opera project. :) :roll:

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:33 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Dave wrote:i think they said something about a "Windows" album on the screens..
NO WAY !! They gotta make a "Linux" album :lol:
Cool! An Open Source album. :)

EndlessSilence

Post by EndlessSilence » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:10 am

That double headliner tour sucks extremly...
I saw Stratovarius some hours ago, they played 1 hour and about 20 minutes, no encore, no more songs...
a long break follows, 'cause hammerfall have a lot of posing items on stage...
around 45 minutes later hammerfall entered the stage, i left the auditorium and drink some beer with a friend of mine in the lobby (don't know how to say "vorhalle" in english, so i called it simply lobby)...

somewhere in time i want a stratovarius gig like on good old destiny world tour '98/'99 times where they played around 2 hours and about 30 minutes, fucking pur metal with godlike support by angra (since this time i like this band very much, and the new band with the ex-vocalist of them shaaman ;) )

mhm i hope this post wasn't to off topic :huh:?

edit: i forgot something... when stratovarius played, a hammerfall fan stand in back of me and shouted in every fucking silence between the songs "f**k you stratovarius" and so on, i think, thats not okay! the audience on hammerfall was much more extremer than by stratovarius, why? don't listen the ppl the music of hammerfall? every song sounds like each other, pah... i'm really annoyed of hammerfall, sorry ;)
How would it be?
A world without hate.
Without heaven, without hell.
No wars, no arms,
no religion, no god,
just your own truth!

Check out my band called http://www.Endless-Silence.de
Fresh Metal from Nuremberg!

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:10 am

EndlessSilence wrote:the audience on hammerfall was much more extremer than by stratovarius, why? don't listen the ppl the music of hammerfall? every song sounds like each other, pah... i'm really annoyed of hammerfall, sorry ;)
I have to agree with you. I went to the gig knowing very little about HammerFall´s songs and watched the gig waiting Strato and trying to listen HF. But what I noticed the most, it looks like they sing about "let the hammer fall" in nearly every song. Also my friend who saw them on a different gig said me the same. Sorry too for the HF fans. :oops: