happy inocent's day

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
MetalAngel

Re: happy inocent's day

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:34 am

Patricia wrote:
Btw: I guess that Jens didn't take that so funny...
Indeed, and i understand him! That kind of joke shouldn't even exist! :x
If I was Jens, I would have called the police and brought the guys who spread out false rumours to the justice... :D

This is a very straight solution. But, efficient one! :P
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:56 am

Patricia wrote:
neonlightchild wrote:Hey everyone here, Dave was banned from the forum, he loged in as baconmaster and post that joke. The main idea was mine, in many parts of the world the saint's innocent day is celebrated making jokes.
Some of you may say it was a bad joke, also childish, but it seems no one can stand jokes anymore, that topic was obviously absurd, and the joke was about to be revealed soon.
If someone has to banned from here, then it is me, i played Dave that joke on messenger, and he didn't fell for it, so i sugested him to create a joke topic due to Innocent's Day so we could see how many people fell and how many people noticed about the joke.
Dave is obviously sorry for doing that, but i am also sorry about him and how many poeple in here took it so hard, that was not the intention.
Everybody has played jokes in its life, some were nice, some weren't, some went high some didn't even take off the floor, but if you think this one crossed the line, then go ahead, and accept our apologgies. Specially Koti (i wonder if he ever read this) and his true fans.
That's it. :wink:
Whatever you can tell, if you were a true fan of Koti and Strato like you pretented, you shouldn't have been post all that bullsh***!
Shame on YOU!! :?
As I understand right, Dave was banned already before he logged in as Baconmaster, right? That would be very strange then.

Or was he banned in normal way after Jens etc. having seen that BM had the same IP than Dave etc.
Then i know another member who used different accounts (in the french topic) and who should be banned from here too since a long time... :roll:
1.- First of all, i did not post that topic, it was a joke i privately played to Dave, then came the idea.

2.- I understand everything you all say, and i am really sorry, i've learnt and understood the meaning of "fanatic" and our intention (at least mine) was not to harm no one, so, sorry, next time i'll play jokes about people you don't like, for example Bush :)

3.- Everyone makes mistakes, Dave is spammer yeah :D , but he is nice and a good person, i think he deserves another chance, just think about it, ok?

4.- Oh, i am not a "true fan", i just like their music, that doesn't mean that i can play harmful jokes about people, so, fanatic or not, i shouldn't have start that joke, it was the bad moment and the bad place.

5.- Somehow i don't feel shame, i'm just sorry, after all this is the way december 28th is celebrated in some countries in latinamerica, and since internet is universal and there are many latin users in this forum, Dave and I thought you wouldn't mind at all.

6.- :roll: :?:
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

StratoLink

Post by StratoLink » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:43 am

NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

DAMN THE ONES THAT STARTED THIS.

HOWEVER, this innocent thingy made me post here again.

I AM BACK EVERYONE!
Stratovarius, The best power-melodic-symphonic metal band ever.
The legend of Zelda, The Best Game Ever.
Devil May Cry 3 Best Action Game Ever.
"I love this!, this is for what i live for!, I am absolutely crazy about it!!!"- Dante.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:17 pm

neonlightchild wrote: 3.- Everyone makes mistakes, Dave is spammer yeah :D , but he is nice and a good person, i think he deserves another chance, just think about it, ok?

4.- Oh, i am not a "true fan", i just like their music, that doesn't mean that i can play harmful jokes about people, so, fanatic or not, i shouldn't have start that joke, it was the bad moment and the bad place.
If you had the sense of respect you shouldn't have been done this, sorry.
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:00 pm

Patricia wrote:
neonlightchild wrote: 3.- Everyone makes mistakes, Dave is spammer yeah :D , but he is nice and a good person, i think he deserves another chance, just think about it, ok?

I agree. I never could have done what Dave (and some other people) has done. This was a little disrespect toward a great singer, who is an infinitely nice person. Imagine that it could bring troubles to Timo Kotipelto... :roll: If I was Dave (or other authors of bad jokes) I would be deeply ashamed.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:57 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Pikkusielu wrote:Who would really believe that Kotipelto has been caught with drugs? I mean really.
Everything can be possible. :wink:
Well, not that! Kotipelto is an opposite of a drug addict.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:05 pm

Patricia wrote:

yeah, so what am i saying then? :roll:

shadowedaethyr

Post by shadowedaethyr » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:21 pm

Beast_Pete wrote: I heard this joke on MSN and I immediately knew it was fake. I mean, Koti using drugs? No, never! He is a real sport man living a healthy life. He even rarely drinks alcohol, and when he does, he drinks red wine, which is actually healthy if you drink only 2-3 dl.
Second suspicious thing was the 5 years. I don't know the laws of Finnland, but getting that big "reward" for using drugs... it seems too strict for me.
Third: when I looked at this topic (I already knew it was fake), then I saw that the topic opener had only 1 post...!
Those are good points that I also considered, but it only takes a bit of doubt for you to buy into something like that. I, of course, was pretty p*ssed off that some people would believe that about Koti!

Anyway, I think we all have our levels of what's appropriate and I'm not sure if Jens just didn't get the holiday concept of it or because he didn't want to leave it up for other members - especially those of us in Europe/North America - to skim over and believe that. In any case, I think whatever the moderators see fit to do with those names is fine with me. I trust people on here enough to think logically.

And by the way, us North Americans will BUST your *ss on April 1st for this!!!! =P

- M

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:46 pm

shadowedaethyr wrote:I'm not sure if Jens just didn't get the holiday concept of it or because he didn't want to leave it up for other members - especially those of us in Europe/North America - to skim over and believe that. In any case, I think whatever the moderators see fit to do with those names is fine with me. I trust people on here enough to think logically.
Does that mean that you culturally insensitive people didn't know that the last week of December is "user account locking, naah just kidding week" in Sweden? I mean.. sure I disabled Dave's account.. as a joke.. but the server still doesn't get the joke and doesn't allow him to log in. Stupid server! :lol:

Anyway.. it's all just a about a few flipped bits on a hard drive somewhere. Well except.... when it's not.
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:56 pm

JensJohansson wrote:I mean.. sure I disabled Dave's account.. as a joke.. but the server still doesn't get the joke and doesn't allow him to log in. Stupid server! :lol:
Well, that's weird... :D

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:20 pm

neonlightchild wrote:it seems that many people forgot about Innocent's Day.... :lol:
How could Jens forgot it?!?!?!?! :D
What is Innocent's Day?

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:23 pm

JensJohansson wrote: the last week of December is "user account locking, naah just kidding week" in Sweden?
:shock: :shock: I should spam less by now... :oops:

But, if it's only the last week of December, I think I could spam more (or less again, I don't know, I'm lost :lol: ) in the early 2006. :D Am I right, Mister Jens?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:40 pm

Sweden is such a silly country.. :lol:
Ik wil in je been bijten!

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:49 pm

Anubis wrote:Sweden is such a silly country.. :lol:
Shh, Jens could hear! :P

shadowedaethyr

Post by shadowedaethyr » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:16 pm

JensJohansson wrote:Does that mean that you culturally insensitive people didn't know that the last week of December is "user account locking, naah just kidding week" in Sweden? I mean.. sure I disabled Dave's account.. as a joke.. but the server still doesn't get the joke and doesn't allow him to log in. Stupid server! :lol:
Does this mean that the server isn't aware of the gag, either? =P If so, then that makes me feel a little bit better, considering I am "culturally insensitive", after all! =) Besides, I can't be alone, right?

- M

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:17 pm

There's only one day left from this Week of Swedish Spamming & Joking. :D

Bad for Dave. He is going to need to spam a lot again. Does that worth it at all? Maybe he won't start this spamming spree over again.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Paola

Post by Paola » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:25 am

MetalAngel wrote: I agree. I never could have done what Dave (and some other people) has done. This was a little disrespect toward a great singer, who is an infinitely nice person. Imagine that it could bring troubles to Timo Kotipelto... :roll: If I was Dave (or other authors of bad jokes) I would be deeply ashamed.

I agree with your commentary.
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:46 am

Stratofanius wrote:
Anubis wrote:Sweden is such a silly country.. :lol:
Shh, Jens could hear! :P
Oh, I know it. I guess I should watch my back now seeing as he only lives a three or four hour drive away from me...

:D

Enough with these bad jokes anyway.

IceBreaker
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:09 am

Beast_Pete wrote:There's only one day left from this Week of Swedish Spamming & Joking. :D
Hey, don´t mention that. Jens might come here again soon (today)and lock all of our accounts here, just as a joke. :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:10 am

a new year is about to begin, and i don't care anymore about who agrees and who doesn't with me or him or you or it :) , this is the last time i apologize and i hope this whole shit be part of a forgotten past 8) .
So...

:roll: :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:03 am

Well, I think it is a well known fact that TK is a fitness buff&anyone would know that he would never harm his bod by using drugs. It was in bad taste, but, hey--all of us humans make stupid mistakes. I think Dave should have a second chance, because I do not think he did out of malice. Plus, if Dave had of told that joke about any of us ;) (well--SOME of us),would he have been banned? I doubt it! ;) After alll, I think he will learn from this.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:31 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Well, I think it is a well known fact that TK is a fitness buff&anyone would know that he would never harm his bod by using drugs. It was in bad taste, but, hey--all of us humans make stupid mistakes. I think Dave should have a second chance, because I do not think he did out of malice. Plus, if Dave had of told that joke about any of us ;) (well--SOME of us),would he have been banned? I doubt it! ;) After alll, I think he will learn from this.

It's just such a "touchy" thing to do after all Strato's been through. It was really inappropiate. Not really funny...just incredibly irritating.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:53 am

Paola wrote:
MetalAngel wrote: I never could have done what Dave (and some other people) has done. This was a little disrespect toward a great singer, who is an infinitely nice person. Imagine that it could bring troubles to Timo Kotipelto... :roll: If I was Dave (or other authors of bad jokes) I would be deeply ashamed.

I agree with you too!
neonlightchild wrote:a new year is about to begin, and i don't care anymore about who agrees and who doesn't with me or him or you or it :) , this is the last time i apologize and i hope this whole shit be part of a forgotten past 8) .
So...

Useless post. Whatever you care or not, it's not an excuse. You should stop to post here. Sorry.
And i think this thread should be locked!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:33 pm

@Patricia + Paola : thanks that you agree with me. This "joke" really pissed me off and I'm surprised that Jens didn't take a much more severe sentence...

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:35 pm

@MA: Jens has done his job, and he'll lock this topic certainly very soon. :wink:

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:44 pm

Patricia wrote:@MA: Jens has done his job, and he'll lock this topic certainly very soon. :wink:
I hope so. :)

IceBreaker
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:46 pm

Patricia wrote:and he'll lock this topic certainly very soon. :wink:
Is it needed? Because just trying to avoid reading this topic anymore it will go down quickly and vanish there. But of course locking would be the all-time best choice for thinking next year this time etc. Well, he could do what he wants. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:42 pm

Patricia wrote:
Paola wrote:
MetalAngel wrote: I never could have done what Dave (and some other people) has done. This was a little disrespect toward a great singer, who is an infinitely nice person. Imagine that it could bring troubles to Timo Kotipelto... :roll: If I was Dave (or other authors of bad jokes) I would be deeply ashamed.

I agree with you too!
neonlightchild wrote:a new year is about to begin, and i don't care anymore about who agrees and who doesn't with me or him or you or it :) , this is the last time i apologize and i hope this whole shit be part of a forgotten past 8) .
So...

Useless post. Whatever you care or not, it's not an excuse. You should stop to post here. Sorry.
Hahaha, yeah sure "MOD"... :lol: what else do you "sugest" me to do ? :lol:

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:22 pm

:lol:

:D

it was an innapropiate joke, true...but c'mon people, leave the guys alone...the only "innapropiate" thing of the joke is that this is a forum and it could bring bigger consequences because of that (people reading it and then going with the rumors to other places and stuff like that). Other than that it's a typical "innocent's day" joke. If not, what should people use as jokes in that day? "I broke my nose. Jooooooke, got'ya!!!!". That'd be kinda lame. :roll:

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:47 pm

I think we have to finish this nonsense talking. Ok, the guys made a really stupid joke and we all really got pissed off, but I'm sure they learnt the lesson. Just forget about it... :wink: