Stratovarius Back in the US

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
brought2ubyletterC
Re: Stratovarius Back in the US

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:15 am

Yes. Guess you didn't get mine?
No, I never got it. If you don't hear from me within 48 hours of sending the e-mail, assume I didn't get it and PM me here at Stratoforum.
Dave was looking into it and going to e-mail you. Give him a little time. He's majorly stressed.
No problem. I understand.
Back on track:
I saw two gigs in the US with the same set list, but the one at MTR was somewhat different.
It really would be exciting to see if any new songs get worked in, but it's debatable if they have time to get any ready.
Well, I know at the England shows they dropped "Land of Ice and Snow" in favor of "Fight!!!", and threw in "Eagleheart" somewhere in there. So if we were to get a similar setlist to that, I wouldn't mind so much. I mean, I'm sure the band knows that most, if not all, of the people that were at the shows last year will be here this year too. So they'd probably like to change things up a little?

Asterothe

Post by Asterothe » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:51 am

I'm so looking forward to the LA show.
I'm still there, everywhere
I'm the dust in the wind
I'm the star in the northern sky
I never stayed anywhere
I'm the wind in the trees
Would you wait for me forever?

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:49 pm

^ HA, you're on the gigantour forums! My name is COBHC over there. That's cool that we're going to two shows (gigantour san bernidino and Strato in LA)!

Deth till the End :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:01 am

I'm so looking forward to the LA show.
Hell yeah, so am I.

Seeing Strato 3 times in less than a year is more than I ever could have hoped for!!!

Abandoned

Post by Abandoned » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:59 pm

CottonCandy wrote:What if Nightwish is the Special Guest? :D

*Goldie Hawn Syndrome strikes again. :roll:

:D
It has been reported lately that Nightwish have failed at recruiting a new female singer and they will begin to search for one once again :)

Talking about Goldie Hawn... The Hanoi Rocks singer Michael Monroe looks just like her. :D

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:19 am

Abandoned wrote:
CottonCandy wrote:What if Nightwish is the Special Guest? :D

*Goldie Hawn Syndrome strikes again. :roll:

It has been reported lately that Nightwish have failed at recruiting a new female singer and they will begin to search for one once again :)
Failed? That would mean they tried someone and it did not work out. Isn't this an on-going process with many more candidates to evaluate? Just semantics.

I'd love to see NW as a special guest, but there are so many others I'd like to see as well. I get the impression they are not into bringing "tour-mates" but just picking up local acts wherever they go. Makes sense for this tour since they are only playing a few dates in the North America before heading south. Hopefully, with the next release they will do a full tour with a legitimate tour partner; Amorphis? Kiuas? Ensiferum? Machine Men? I've got many on my wish list! :wink:
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:16 pm

I just think bands like Amorphis or Ensiferum don´t wanna like to tour with Strato... :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:07 am

IceBreaker wrote:I just think bands like Amorphis or Ensiferum don´t wanna like to tour with Strato... :roll:
hmmmm, how so? Just curious. I'd love to see Tarot in the states.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:16 pm

My Strato tickets arrived safely in the mail the day before yesterday! :D

I am so ready for the show now! :rvd:

Abo

Post by Abo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:05 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:My Strato tickets arrived safely in the mail the day before yesterday! :D

I am so ready for the show now! :rvd:
Good! Where will you see them?

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:40 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:I'll probably have to wait a couple weeks to buy mine, my financial situation is so crazy right now I don't know what's going on from one day to the next. Everything will be straightening out soon enough, but I'll feel better about buying tickets once "real life" stuff calms down enough.(ORIGINALLY POSTED APRIL 24th, 2006)
brought2ubyletterC wrote:My Strato tickets arrived safely in the mail the day before yesterday! :D

I am so ready for the show now! :rvd: (ORIGINALLY POSTED AUGUST 19th, 2006)
It took you almost 5 months to save 30 dollars to get tickets to see your favorite band?

AMBR@BEC

Stolen tickets

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

The most depressing thing happened this morning. I went into my computer room and found out my house had been burglarized. They took a bunch of stuff but the absolute WORST thing is they stole my Strato tickets. I can't believe it. I'm so upset. Bastards probably can't even sell them in this crappy ghetto I live in. I bought a couple for other people too. I hope I can still replace them. Funny, of all the things stolen, that's what literally brought me to tears. :cry:

beyondearcandy.com

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:06 am

That´s very sad to hear AMBR. :( :? As I wrote on Koti-forum, maybe you could tell that sad story to both Timos...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:48 pm

As I said in the other forum, I don't know them to ask for favors and since there are still tickets available, I think I'll just have to cough up the cash again. What really sucks is I'm sure they had no idea what they were stealing and will not be able to make money off them. Not in this neighborhood, that's for sure. It's all rap and hip hop here. :roll:

beyondearcandy.com

Abo

Post by Abo » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:30 pm

That's a sad story. :( Do you remerber witch seats you had. If you buy new tickets so you can have your seats back. At lease, that's what you can bring back. If you're sure they're not gonna resell them. But it's not gonna bring you back your money. Sorry.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:04 pm

It took you almost 5 months to save 30 dollars to get tickets to see your favorite band?
No, I had the money, but I had other bills I needed to take care of first. And there were two other events/concerts I had gone to in the last few months, that I obviously paid for first. So this is why I did not buy the Strato tickets right away. When you own your own home and pay a mortgage, and have a limited income, one does not always have spending money whenever they want it. So yes, I had to wait a couple months before having enough spending money to comfortably buy my Strato tickets and not worry that it was taking away from my budget. Life sucks in this way. But who cares how long it took? I got them, and that's what matters!

Asterothe

Post by Asterothe » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:24 am

Burning Reflection wrote:^ HA, you're on the gigantour forums! My name is COBHC over there. That's cool that we're going to two shows (gigantour san bernidino and Strato in LA)!

Deth till the End :lol:

That's cool! Great music taste I say :) See you at those
shows. And probably you were at LA and Santa Ana shows
last year as I were.

AMBR@BEC it's sad to hear the robbery. I'm glad that you
are OK it could be worse. Thank God the show is not sold
out (I can't believe I'm saying that), so eveything can be
rebought.
I'm still there, everywhere
I'm the dust in the wind
I'm the star in the northern sky
I never stayed anywhere
I'm the wind in the trees
Would you wait for me forever?

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:45 am

Thanks to everyone for their concern. It is hard sometimes to cope with such little things when you look at the world and see others suffering much bigger torments. Yet, it is hard sometimes to look beyond what effects us in our own little world. That said, the tickets have been replaced by a very kind person and I feel quite humbled by that. This is a good opportunity, at least for me, to gather faith in humanity and try to make a difference wherever we can. Thanks to everyone who has been so kind and understanding. You all rock!
~Ann Marie

beyondearcandy.com

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:50 pm

^ Fucking bastards. Screwing people out of something so important/sentimental just to make a quick buck really pisses me off. In fact that shit scares the crap outta me. I've got my fully autographed Visions cd and my fully autographed Children of Bodom hatebreeder cd in my car right now....the thought of anyone stealing my stuff to sell it for a couple bucks at a wherehouse or something would probably make me kill that person. I'm glad that it's worked out, but sucks that you had to deal with any of that.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:06 am

AMBR: I just read your post and my God, that sucks! I can't imagine why anyone would want to steal Strato tickets! I mean, we all know that Stratofans are incapable of such things, right? ;)

I'm glad that there are still good people in this world and you are going to be able to make it to Strato after all.

I think I'll sleep with my Strato tickets clutched to my heart tonight. :lol:

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:AMBR: I just read your post and my God, that sucks! I can't imagine why anyone would want to steal Strato tickets! I mean, we all know that Stratofans are incapable of such things, right? ;)

I'm glad that there are still good people in this world and you are going to be able to make it to Strato after all.

I think I'll sleep with my Strato tickets clutched to my heart tonight. :lol:
Wasn't just the Strato tickets, C. I had a bunch on a shelf next to my computer and they grabbed them all, except one. I bought a ProgPower ticket for a friend of mine from Finland who is coming over. Luckily, they didn't notice that one, since it was in a plain evelope. :shud: They also took a fairly old laptop....and left the power cord. :roll: Also some other stuff that will be useless for resale. The whole thing was just so pointless.

But I've had all the tickets replaced in one manner or another, so I feel MUCH better now. :) Somehow losing the tickets to see my favorite bands is personally more upsetting then losing stuff. Never been much on collecting things. Experiences mean more, no?

beyondearcandy.com

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:19 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Material things can be replaced. But when someone steals a material item of yours that is tied in to special memories and experiences, that is the worst. :(

StratoMTL

Post by StratoMTL » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm

For those who could be interested:

Opener for Montreal: SOUTHERN CROSS

http://www.southerncrossmetal.com
http://www.myspace.com/scmetal

Abo

Post by Abo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 am

Thanks. Will they be the opener for Québec?

StratoMTL

Post by StratoMTL » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:43 pm

The opener for Quebec City is SUDDEN FLAMES.

See http://www.suddenflames.com

any openers for US dates?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:04 pm

I wouldn't mind Into Eternity again, but I hope to God that whoever those first two opening acts were in Santa Ana, that they are not invited to open for Strato again. I could barely stand them then!

Hey Burning, can I count on you to save me a place in line at the Hollywood show? You know I will do the same for you!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:24 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:I wouldn't mind Into Eternity again, but I hope to God that whoever those first two opening acts were in Santa Ana, that they are not invited to open for Strato again. I could barely stand them then!

Hey Burning, can I count on you to save me a place in line at the Hollywood show? You know I will do the same for you!
I wouldn't mind Into Eternity either, but a opener like the one Kamelot will have this Wednesday, Epica, would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind Queen Of the Ryche either, I actually liked them.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:26 am

As much as Queensryche's sound has declined over the years, I doubt they would ever be an opening act for Strato. They are still headlining material.

Funny though, they are playing in L.A. the day after Strato, I am still debating whether I will go or not.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:48 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:As much as Queensryche's sound has declined over the years, I doubt they would ever be an opening act for Strato. They are still headlining material.

Funny though, they are playing in L.A. the day after Strato, I am still debating whether I will go or not.
Nah, I don't mean Queensryche, I mean the tribute band called Queen Of The Ryche. They were openers to Sonata Arctica last time they were here in NYC.

Of course Queensryche wouldn't be an opener.

"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:09 am

Oh, OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actually for me, a Ryche cover band would be the worst, because I feel it should be against the law for anyone to attempt to do justice to Tate's godly vocals. ;)

Hmm, I guess the same could be said of Kotipelto as well.