An interview with Jari Kainulainen

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Shurik
An interview with Jari Kainulainen

Post by Shurik » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:12 am

It's from Israeli metal webzine, a bit short but to the point :)
http://www.metalist.co.il/InterviewPriv ... 8&lang=eng
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Re: An interview with Jari Kainulainen

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Hmm... Jari always did seem like a man of few words, but I guess you get answers.

Still, would've thought he'd have been more attatched to Stratovarius... it's almost as if he treats it as if it was just any old band which is a bit sad.

Whatever, I still idolise him as a bass player and he's been a huge influence on me as a musician. On the other hand, it was also good to see the kick of energy Lauri has brought to the band live.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:44 pm

Sounds like he simply became bored with the music he played ... "No keyboards or choirs!" kinda reveals it ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:29 am

He would be nothing without Stratovarius. He can say that now he likes his music more or less, but "throw to garbage" all the past saying that words is kinda... strange, or disgusting.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:14 pm

eternity_strato wrote:He would be nothing without Stratovarius. He can say that now he likes his music more or less, but "throw to garbage" all the past saying that words is kinda... strange, or disgusting.
Agree with you.
Eventhough i wonder sometimes if the medias doesn't add some bulls****... :roll:
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:48 pm

eternity_strato wrote:...but "throw to garbage" all the past saying that words is kinda... strange, or disgusting.
He did not say that.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:53 pm

I don't think he 'threw garbage' at Stratovarius, I was just a bit surprised to read that he didn't find it hard at all to leave the band he'd been a member of for so long.

Oh well, best of luck to him, he's still one of my favourite bassplayers ever.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:12 am

NeonVomit wrote:I don't think he 'threw garbage' at Stratovarius, I was just a bit surprised to read that he didn't find it hard at all to leave the band he'd been a member of for so long.
Well, many musicians get tired of the stuff they had played very long. They reach the point that this is enough, I wanna do sth else. Very usual, unfortunately that hit Jari too...

But I guess too that Jari thought that Strato might have no good future after the turmoil and reunion and wanted to go also from that reason. But this is just my guess, not a fact at all.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:28 pm

JariKainulainen wrote:With no keyboards and choirs!
He is right, good attitude :headbang:

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:07 pm

Sad to see him feel no compunction for leaving such a magnificent band.

Spacecake

Post by Spacecake » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 pm

I´ve understood that another main reason for leaving Strato was also Jari´s commitment to his wife and kid. He probably saw enough heavy touring with Stratovarius. I don´t quite think this Mess will break through worldwide. Or who knows...

As to any compunctions about leaving Strato, I quess leaving a band like that is like leaving your long-term girlfriend: it was fun while it lasted but he just wanted to move on. Great memories are always there.

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:30 pm

eternity_strato wrote:He would be nothing without Stratovarius. He can say that now he likes his music more or less, but "throw to garbage" all the past saying that words is kinda... strange, or disgusting.
I've read that interview three times and I do not see that quote. Is it from a different interview? Am I blind?

I think it's a simple case of wanting to do something fresh. Strato fans shouldn't get all bent about it. Life can get dull with anything no matter how good it is at times. I look forward to seeing what he's going to create next!

On a lighter note:
Jari Kainulainen is mostly known to power metal fans for his tenure with power metal giants Stradovarious
Ah yes, one more media outlet that can't spell Stratovarius.

:roll:
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:05 pm

5T Sauce Sage wrote:So very well it could have to do with the turmoil in the past, but I don't know...
I remember Tolkki had said in one interview that Jari´s leaving was a part of the healing process from the turmoil...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

bashoofd

Post by bashoofd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:28 pm

his intervieuws are just who he also is on stage... you almost can't get contact with him... his answers are short.. on stage, you can dance, jump, scream or anything else doing in front of him, but he don't pay you attention.. but he's still a great Bass-Player and i like him ! :D
Never Give Up
Never Give in
Stronger than steel,
we're the Legions of the Twilight