Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratohawk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Hey guys, I just found out that of our temporarily 4893 members there are 1991 (!!!!!!!!!!) without a SINGLE post!?!?!?!? More than 1500 of them registered one or more year(s) ago. I thought once I read that there was a rule that users being inactive for more than 6 months are erased from here?

In this case I think no one should think about celebrating the 5000. member. ;-)

If you have other funny facts about this board, post them here!! :P

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratobabius » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:06 am

Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:50 am

Hey! I don't have 3000posts but still I am allmost every second! :evil: :twisted:
Meikä Ankka

User avatar
nepi
Sr. Member
Posts: 5069
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Zurich
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by nepi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:15 pm

From the first 10 registered users (except members & mod's) are only 2 still active (Kain's seventh son and NordicStorm)
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by Stratofanius » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:25 pm

Damn I hate being still sick...
nepi wrote:From the first 10 registered users (except members & mod's) are only 2 still active (Kain's seventh son and NordicStorm)
Wtf? You're wrong. Really.

However, many many many finnish users don't EVER USE english side because they don't care of it or they think it sucks ass.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:32 pm

stratobabius wrote:Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)
And I bet I have a 1/3 of that 34%, or close to it! :D

I'm not bragging, though. :buh:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratobabius » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:26 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
stratobabius wrote:Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)
And I bet I have a 1/3 of that 34%, or close to it! :D

I'm not bragging, though. :buh:
Nope, just 1/10 of it. :)

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:47 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
nepi wrote:From the first 10 registered users (except members & mod's) are only 2 still active (Kain's seventh son and NordicStorm)
Wtf? You're wrong. Really.

However, many many many finnish users don't EVER USE english side because they don't care of it or they think it sucks ass.
Yeah, about 5 of them are still active if counting Finnish side too.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
nepi
Sr. Member
Posts: 5069
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Zurich
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by nepi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Stratofanius wrote:Damn I hate being still sick...
nepi wrote:From the first 10 registered users (except members & mod's) are only 2 still active (Kain's seventh son and NordicStorm)
Wtf? You're wrong. Really.

However, many many many finnish users don't EVER USE english side because they don't care of it or they think it sucks ass.
'ay, I apologise!!!!!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:49 am

I would be interested in how many of the greatest spammers are still active on this forum. Active meaning posting at least 2-3 times per day.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:43 am

stratobabius wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
stratobabius wrote:Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)
And I bet I have a 1/3 of that 34%, or close to it! :D

I'm not bragging, though. :buh:
Nope, just 1/10 of it. :)
Oh, you figured it out ??? I was never good at Math anyway. :D Once, my teacher asked me to explain what a Mobius is&I said thats the whale captain Ahab was obsessed with finding. :red: ???
I hate Math. :(

So, I have 3.4% of total posts, then???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:01 am

Maybe Jens should do a cleanup of the old innactive accounts...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
STRATOPHILIUS
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:47 am

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:57 am

Why does this even matter?? Who is it affecting??..If I could speak or write in Finnish for that matter... I'd leave this side too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by exe knight » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:35 am

STRATOPHILIUS wrote:Why does this even matter?? Who is it affecting??..If I could speak or write in Finnish for that matter... I'd leave this side too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not that interesting on the other side, but i don't know about the third dimension (side) i don't speak spain or germany etc.

User avatar
AMBR@BEC
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:54 pm

And the winner of most posts for latest to join is:
Stratovarrior joined - 10 Jan 2006, posts - 1832

I'm clearly a lurker.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratobabius » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:04 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
stratobabius wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
stratobabius wrote:Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)
And I bet I have a 1/3 of that 34%, or close to it! :D

I'm not bragging, though. :buh:
Nope, just 1/10 of it. :)
Oh, you figured it out ??? I was never good at Math anyway. :D Once, my teacher asked me to explain what a Mobius is&I said thats the whale captain Ahab was obsessed with finding. :red: ???
I hate Math. :(

So, I have 3.4% of total posts, then???
Yes,(well almost, the true is 3,44%) but you could click on your profile to check that too. :P :)

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:45 pm

I have 100%.
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
Wanderer
Sr. Member
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:50 am
Location: Vantaa,Finland

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:52 pm

Dave wrote:I have 100%.
No my friend that can't be true :D I know that you are a great spammer though...

Talking about the Finnish side, it's so boring that I check only a cople of topics. I confess, though that I've been very lazy checking this forum :roll:
The oldest radio rock station Radio City quit 12-8-2006 :(

User avatar
AMBR@BEC
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Dave wrote:I have 100%.
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe there is any way you could have that many posts even if you were in multiple forums for 10 years and posted constantly. :? Somehow you rigged your post count. :o
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by StratoTimo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 pm

AMBR@BEC wrote:
Dave wrote:I have 100%.
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe there is any way you could have that many posts even if you were in multiple forums for 10 years and posted constantly. :? Somehow you rigged your post count. :o
I'm thinking that same!
That would be nice to know that how is that happened?
Or Something!
Meikä Ankka

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:27 pm

StratoTimo wrote:
AMBR@BEC wrote:
Dave wrote:I have 100%.
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe there is any way you could have that many posts even if you were in multiple forums for 10 years and posted constantly. :? Somehow you rigged your post count. :o
I'm thinking that same!
That would be nice to know that how is that happened?
Or Something!
Jens rigged it as a joke. Thats the truth. Case closed.
Moi has the highest honest postcount. Thanks to being unemployed 6 months(during a cold Winter) in the past&having a very fast computer for awhile. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Would you believe it? (strange facts about this forum)

Post by stratobabius » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm

stratobabius wrote:Only 30 members have more than 3000 posts and they have almost 34% of all posts on the forum.
(I plan to be the 31st)
Make that 31 :P and almost 35 % respectively :P .

Locked