STRATOVARIUS LOT OF VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
robocop
Re: STRATOVARIUS LOT OF VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE

Post by robocop » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 am

Hey buds and buddetts...it seems like the official Elysium album on YOUTUBE there might be the demo versions or altered from the original release version?? Thoughts?

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Tolkki playing a Polaris song :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:58 am

robocop wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 am
Hey buds and buddetts...it seems like the official Elysium album on YOUTUBE there might be the demo versions or altered from the original release version?? Thoughts?
Yes, the demos are from Elysium Deluxe Edition: first CD is the regular version and second one follow the same track list but with the demos.

Quick opinion: the sound is raw but the quality is good for a demoed LP and I actually enjoyed a lot two things, some solos are better and the way Kotipelto reaches the highest notes during the final part of Elysium is more pleasant (the final version is beautiful but odd since is clearly emitted using throat and nose, instead of mixed voice).
Overall a good product that gives you an idea of how composition and post production works :)

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:14 am

Pancio wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:58 am
robocop wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 am
Yes, the demos are from Elysium Deluxe Edition: first CD is the regular version and second one follow the same track list but with the demos.

Quick opinion: the sound is raw but the quality is good for a demoed LP and I actually enjoyed a lot two things, some solos are better and the way Kotipelto reaches the highest notes during the final part of Elysium is more pleasant (the final version is beautiful but odd since is clearly emitted using throat and nose, instead of mixed voice).
Overall a good product that gives you an idea of how composition and post production works :)
I originally had that deluxe edition! The demos sounded different than this to me. All I remember was the whole packaging with a hologram? Damn kids borrowing CDs and not giving it back. >=(

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:21 am

robocop wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:14 am
Damn kids borrowing CDs and not giving it back. >=(
Gah! Not again... :( They didn't want to give it back because the album kicked so much ass. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:43 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:21 am
robocop wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:14 am
Damn kids borrowing CDs and not giving it back. >=(
Gah! Not again... :( They didn't want to give it back because the album kicked so much ass. :lol:
Dat low end!! :shock:

oslamph16

Post by oslamph16 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:36 am

How about some vintage Stratovarius live? Here's all the old songs that have been played live (or at least all that there is a recording available, no dreamspace tour bootlegs yet)
Likely or not it's a dream that we keep and odds with our senses we'll climb. But if faith it's the answer then we've already reached it, and if spirit's a sign, then it's Only a Matter of Time.

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:37 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:25 pm
Tolkki playing a Polaris song :shock:

Timo says Erik wanted to do some Strato songs Timo had never played before, and jokingly calls him an asshole for that. :lol:
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:44 pm

Jabi wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:37 am
Timo says Erik wanted to do some Strato songs Timo had never played before, and jokingly calls him an asshole for that. :lol:
Tolkki is (was) in jail for probably stealing that guitar. :lol: :lol:

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 am

By now he's built himself such a dubious reputation I sometimes wonder how come he still finds people willing to collaborate with him.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

oslamph16

Post by oslamph16 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Episode and Visions full albums, but they're live, their best performances (my pick)
The only two albums which all of their songs have been performed live. I wish more of their albums did!

Likely or not it's a dream that we keep and odds with our senses we'll climb. But if faith it's the answer then we've already reached it, and if spirit's a sign, then it's Only a Matter of Time.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm

oslamph16 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Holyyyy shit!! :lol: :shock: :lol:
I do remember seeing old videos of them playing songs way faster live. This is just “I drank a whole pot of coffee” level. :shock: I’m talking about the first track of course. Maybe I will listen more later. Thanks.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:00 am

Infinite is off by one song but they did play one of the bonus tracks live. What's missing from Destiny?

Also I missed this rarity (which also brings Elements Pt. 1 up to minus-one with Infinite):

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:00 am
Infinite is off by one song but they did play one of the bonus tracks live. What's missing from Destiny?
Was thinking that perhaps Years Go By, but also there's no mention of Rebel on setlist.fm ???

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/str ... 683ac.html
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!