STRATOVARIUS LOT OF VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
adrian9
Re: STRATOVARIUS LOT OF VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE

Post by adrian9 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:24 pm

Found this interview from 2004, if somebody can add some English subs, I can only understand their names :lol:
A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon May 18, 2020 7:12 am

Coom of the world.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:49 pm

that's a nice cover
A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 am

adrian9 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:24 pm
Found this interview from 2004, if somebody can add some English subs, I can only understand their names :lol:
There's hardly anything new and interesting. The interview was done when the publicity stunts were going. "Fistfight" between TT and TK, TK and JM "leaving" the band, Tolkki being worried about the remaining gigs they have to play with the old-line up, him being surprised how much hate the hiring of Miss K has triggered ("Hey, it's just a rock band, if you don't like it, you don't have to listen to it!") and you know, all that stuff.

But part of what he said was true, still. He mentioned certain tensions between him, JM and TK since beginning. Also he said he plans to end the band in just a few years, possibly after two albums with the new line up. And as it turned out, he did write exactly two more albums for Strato, even though the latter one was eventually released with Revolution Renaissance.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am

Doctor Tolkki has a new channel about some crap:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLvled ... qCY1KHqNIQ

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Jabi wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 am
But part of what he said was true, still. He mentioned certain tensions between him, JM and TK since beginning. Also he said he plans to end the band in just a few years, possibly after two albums with the new line up. And as it turned out, he did write exactly two more albums for Strato, even though the latter one was eventually released with Revolution Renaissance.
That's kind of a mind blown , the masterplan laid out on an interview hehe.
A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:35 am

Shirtless Kotipelto. :o :o :o

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:16 am

robocop wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:35 am
Shirtless Kotipelto. :o :o :o

HOOO!!! SHIRTLESS KOTIPELTO.... MUY GUAPO MUCHACHO... NOW I'M 1/32 HOMOGAY :luv1: . THANKS KOTIPELTO FOR CONVERT A SHITTY HOMOPHOBE IN A 1/32 HOMO GAY. >=(

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 am

Let me know if you find a live shirtless Tolkki video. :wink:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 am

Fire Dance Suite,
Timo Tolkki and Timo Kotipelto on vocals, very rare stuff!

A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:30 pm

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:37 pm

His voice is better than I expected tbh. Cute little ending too.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:29 pm

SentineLEX wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:37 pm

His voice is better than I expected tbh. Cute little ending too.
He sings it like someone screaming in pain and I can't imagine a worse result than this, frankly :lol:
The show was a flop, however: very few people connected, singing and guitar skills not available and overall poor quality both for the setlist and for the interludes.

I am sorry to say that it looked like an amateur concert of a first year student despite having had months to prepare it in a decent way.
To put it like one of his songs, well: "A real catastrophe on legs, A proud member of human race known as the dregs"

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:08 am

Full stream:

I just feel really bad. Don’t even want to poke fun at it. Wish somebody would get him help instead of putting him on the spot like this. This one comment had me LOL, though.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm

robocop wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:08 am
Full stream:

I just feel really bad. Don’t even want to poke fun at it. Wish somebody would get him help instead of putting him on the spot like this. This one comment had me LOL, though.

Jokes aside for one moment: Yes, the show was painfully sad and I paused multiple times the livestream 'cause I was embarrassed by his performance.
Surely the show wasn't prepared at all and Tolkki himself was drunk af, in the end, but I can't help thinking about his will to play again with Stratovarius while he is not able to deal even with a simple "acoustic" show after months of free time.
I think he got help from his brother, mother, daughter and other people too but he is simply lost.
I don't think he can fix things in his life if he is the first to not want to change and, currently, it seems to me in the egomaniacal and narcissistic phase: when he has the breakdown it will be terrible for him.

Now I have to take off the clothes of the good guy, I'm too serious, today :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Jokes aside for one moment: Yes, the show was painfully sad and I paused multiple times the livestream 'cause I was embarrassed by his performance.
Surely the show wasn't prepared at all and Tolkki himself was drunk af, in the end, but I can't help thinking about his will to play again with Stratovarius while he is not able to deal even with a simple "acoustic" show after months of free time.
I think he got help from his brother, mother, daughter and other people too but he is simply lost.
I don't think he can fix things in his life if he is the first to not want to change and, currently, it seems to me in the egomaniacal and narcissistic phase: when he has the breakdown it will be terrible for him.

Now I have to take off the clothes of the good guy, I'm too serious, today :lol:
JOKES??? :lol:
He must have somebody making him put himself out there like an idiot, right? Some kind of management?? Did he mention how much people donated? It’s the lack of self awareness that fucks me up. :lol: Most people would have packed up and called it a day by now. What can you expect from a ill person that gets put on the spot like that? It’s almost always going to not end well!!

Maybe he does see himself like a infallible JESUS figure, some kind of spiritual guru and won’t stop because his 20 followers from South America always jack him off on Facebook and feed the fire. :rotflmao1:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 pm

I watched the stream and skipped around a bit. About his vocals: his upper register sounds quite good to me, but his lower register sounds like utter shit. The guitar instrumentals at the end were quite nice, I thought. When he started rambling on about "bad energies" during the interludes, going full guru, I couldn't help but pause the video and start laughing. :lol:

Also, his vocals were clipping pretty hard. I guess nobody was monitoring the levels... :roll:
robocop wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:27 pm
Maybe he does see himself like a infallible JESUS figure, some kind of spiritual guru and won’t stop because his 20 followers from South America always jack him off on Facebook and feed the fire. :rotflmao1:
Hahahaha! :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 am

Sigh. And another suicide threat on Facebook. :(

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 am
What's happened, this time? His fat girlfriend "left" him? Someone "betrayed" him? Or he just realized he sucks? :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
What's happened, this time? His fat girlfriend "left" him? Someone "betrayed" him? Or he just realized he sucks? :lol:
He wrote a message "I want everybody to know that a certain Mexican girl just killed me". Followed by the usual "see you in heaven" stuff.

Later he elaborated that she blocked him and doesn't even want to be friends. And that the beautiful life they shared was thrown away. Kind of makes you wonder what's her side of the story. :lol:

Then he said he's leaving Monterrey, that he's not mad at her and understands, etc. Now the posts seem to be gone.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 am
Pancio wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
He wrote a message "I want everybody to know that a certain Mexican girl just killed me". Followed by the usual "see you in heaven" stuff.

Later he elaborated that she blocked him and doesn't even want to be friends. And that the beautiful life they shared was thrown away. Kind of makes you wonder what's her side of the story. :lol:

Then he said he's leaving Monterrey, that he's not mad at her and understands, etc. Now the posts seem to be gone.
He should be ashamed by his last performance instead of being in pain due to the end of his fake relationship with the Mexican girl :lol:
Seriously, I don't care about his bullshit anymore, this stunts, dramas and fakeries have gone too far :roll:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 am

Ah, man. There has been countless times he repeated this same thing. What did Einstein say? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. =P

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:55 am

Pancio wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Pancio wrote:

He should be ashamed by his last performance instead of being in pain due to the end of his fake relationship with the Mexican girl :lol:
Seriously, I don't care about his bullshit anymore, this stunts, dramas and fakeries have gone too far :roll:
Its funny, I've been neck deep in Tolkki drama for most of my adult life. For me its just dispassionate observation. I understand _exactly_ how his mind works at this point. In your case I feel you are upset because you keep getting surprised over and over again at what is fundamentally the same behavior.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:09 am

Timestamped!

I really like this because he starts with "we must..." before ad-libbing the rest. The only thing Timo K remembered was that it was some vague spiritual call to action. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:55 am
Pancio wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Its funny, I've been neck deep in Tolkki drama for most of my adult life. For me its just dispassionate observation. I understand _exactly_ how his mind works at this point. In your case I feel you are upset because you keep getting surprised over and over again at what is fundamentally the same behavior.
Unfortunately I know Tolkki very well and I also know his repetitive behaviour patterns and the scheme in his actions.
That's why I can easily watch him burn without any problem, actually, but the problem is precisely the repetitiveness of the "show": it is so stupid, predictable and gross that it is annoying.
The real big problem, for me, are his fans and their attulitude: they're so dumb and lobotomized you cannot even joke about Tolkki's guru things or bullshit.
I know that fanbases are toxic, especially those involved in Metal music, but I find it quite ridiculous to see 40-year-old people taking the bullshit of a failed musician just because: "His music is beautiful".

I can stand Tolkki's circus but it is the toxicity and stupidity that he brings with him that is unbearable.
I prefer, therefore, to discuss it here with critical people rather than following Tolkki directly, I don't want cancer :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:09 am

Timestamped!

I really like this because he starts with "we must..." before ad-libbing the rest. The only thing Timo K remembered was that it was some vague spiritual call to action. :lol:
I attended at least 10 live shows and Kotipelto always fucked up some lyrics: I've always found this funny as I think I remember every single lyrics of every single song ever composed by Stratovarius, yet T.K. forget songs sung dozens and hundreds of times.

Clearly stage pressure is completely different than singing a song in the bathroom :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:19 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:09 am

Timestamped!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me when I sing in the shower.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:13 pm

Pancio wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 pm
I know that fanbases are toxic, especially those involved in Metal music, but I find it quite ridiculous to see 40-year-old people taking the bullshit of a failed musician just because: "His music is beautiful".
Right, I do understand this point. There was a time a long time ago where these kinds of fanatics were all over the forum too (i'm not referring to any one person in particular, but just the general atmosphere). I remember when I photoshopped that picture of Timo Tolkki the dinosaur eating a sandwich, some people got really mad. :lol:

With Facebook there is a selection bias where you get the top 1% of most fanatic fans. And probably many "haters" have been banned already. Its not representative of the general population at all.

That is awesome that you saw the band live TEN times. I guess they toured Italy a lot? But you clearly flew out of the country at some point (just for the shows?). Damn, that's dedication. I only saw them twice, but it was very memorable for me.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:10 am

The Tolkkimeister seems to get more attention when posting with all the drama shit. He’s all about it recently so there’s more comments than he usually gets. Seems like other fans like us also feed on the story that keeps on giving. :D :lol:

We’re gonna milk this cow till it’s fuckin dry, mate! Jk. :lol: