"Break The Ice" live !!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
cliff
"Break The Ice" live !!

Post by cliff » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Recording in... 1992 (or perhaps 1993).

(line up : Timo Tolkki, Tuomas Lassila, Antti Ikönen and... Jari Behm on the bass!)

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=QrYkA5JAUvU

Enjoy!
<b>This is wrong</b>

StratoTimo

Re: "Break The Ice" live !!

Post by StratoTimo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 pm

cliff wrote:Recording in... 1992 (or perhaps 1993).

(line up : Timo Tolkki, Tuomas Lassila, Antti Ikönen and... Jari Behm on the bass!)

Enjoy!
Kalja on muuten hyvää ja Tolkki on MESTARI!!!
Zkiitos!!!
Meikä Ankka

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks! Great, rare stuff.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:35 pm

StratoTimo wrote:[ja Tolkki on MESTARI!!!
Zkiitos!!!
Niin on!!! :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:36 pm

I found a divx about that song!
StratoFabio

black death

Post by black death » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Enjoy!
Kiitos! That's pretty good :wink:

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:13 am

Ah the video seen also on the Stratovarius-album´s Japanese version. It´s really a good live video. 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:07 am

that's really good, cliff. thanks!

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:11 am

and for the ones who haven't seen this already :

Future Shock videoclip, from 1989 : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=YkDaZUi56b8
<b>This is wrong</b>

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The way they explode at the end is hilarious
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:48 am

HAHAHAHAHA the crowd in the first video is even more hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:07 am

Yeah, it´s funny to watch indeed. We did hundreds of gigs in very small places playing to "audiences" like 7 people between 1985-1993. See, it took a long time...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Yeah, it´s funny to watch indeed. We did hundreds of gigs in very small places playing to "audiences" like 7 people between 1985-1993. See, it took a long time...
It always does. I'm still in that stage with my own band... now if we're gonna stick with that for the next 13 years, is a different issue!

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Well, "the underground years" of a band are not very easy, but after the years have passed by, all recall these years in their mind with a little bit of nostalgia. Am I right Timo?

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:57 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Yeah, it´s funny to watch indeed. We did hundreds of gigs in very small places playing to "audiences" like 7 people between 1985-1993. See, it took a long time...
And now you play headline in huge festivals in front of 20000-30000 metal fans. quite a big change :)

Ah, Fright Night. Definitely the most under-rated Stratovarius album in my opinion.
<b>This is wrong</b>

OutOfTheShadows

Post by OutOfTheShadows » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

cliff wrote:Ah, Fright Night. Definitely the most under-rated Stratovarius album in my opinion.
Yeah, but the best. :D

And that Break The Ice is best live track what i have ever heard from Stratovarius. They should play it again. 8)

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:38 am

I wish I had an audio of that! :(

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 pm

yeah. it was a treasure for me. drumsounds were really great and i've always loved this song. more this in live gigs. yeah...the folks... :(
I'm hunting high and low

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 am

youtube kills DVD market. What is the reason for artists to release DVD, when you can see such videos via internet? It would be great official DVD with some gig and all videos, like this one, or Future Shock, and the rest of them. The problem is that such things like youtube give artists argument to not release oficiall DVD, because there will be poor interest. I know that quality of videos in internet is really bad against the one on DVD, but I'm afraid that in the future no one will care about this.
I know that many fans from this forum would buy oficiall DVD, but many people will be satisfied watching poor-quality video in internet. Look at the posts in this topic: some of you are delighted by the quality of this video, which is not something specially good. Indeed, it is better than many others videos in youtube, but I'm afraid that this border of good quality, which is acceptable by the viewers, will move to typical youtube videos of really bad quality, and this no good phenomena for releasing offcial DVD.
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

black death

Post by black death » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Electric Eye wrote:youtube kills DVD market. What is the reason for artists to release DVD, when you can see such videos via internet? It would be great official DVD with some gig and all videos, like this one, or Future Shock, and the rest of them. The problem is that such things like youtube give artists argument to not release oficiall DVD, because there will be poor interest. I know that quality of videos in internet is really bad against the one on DVD, but I'm afraid that in the future no one will care about this.
I know that many fans from this forum would buy oficiall DVD, but many people will be satisfied watching poor-quality video in internet. Look at the posts in this topic: some of you are delighted by the quality of this video, which is not something specially good. Indeed, it is better than many others videos in youtube, but I'm afraid that this border of good quality, which is acceptable by the viewers, will move to typical youtube videos of really bad quality, and this no good phenomena for releasing offcial DVD.
Yes, I ALMOST agree with you. But sometimes it's not so easy :roll:
Youtube very often infringes copyright, that's without doubt. And there shouldn't be videos that are on official DVDs. On the other hand, if you're a fan e.g. from the country where the official DVD (or CD or whatever) you'd like to buy is NOT released, you can pay a huge amount of money to import this ONE DVD or go to the country where it was released and buy it. Not everybody can afford that! We have here usually everything what I'm interested in :D , but if not, I'm glad to see it (even in poor quality) on youtube!
But generally speaking, I, as a future lawyer if everything goes well :? , am against this "official videos" on youtube.

Much worse problem are the people who have enough money to buy a label!!!, but they don't buy CD (DVD) simply because "why should I buy it when I can get it gratis?"

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Electric Eye wrote:youtube kills DVD market. What is the reason for artists to release DVD, when you can see such videos via internet? It would be great official DVD with some gig and all videos, like this one, or Future Shock, and the rest of them. The problem is that such things like youtube give artists argument to not release oficiall DVD, because there will be poor interest. I know that quality of videos in internet is really bad against the one on DVD, but I'm afraid that in the future no one will care about this.
I'm not so much agree with you... I think an offcial DVD is for all people really like a band and high quality stuff. I have a lot of audio and video bootlegs about Strato cause they are my fave band (with Iron) but I'm still waiting for an official dvd, a whole gig in high quality with many cameras, special stuff and so on (I'm still angry for the missing dvd in Italy during the elements part 1 tour :( ). Youtube IMHO is just for fun, for hobby; moreover I need my own stuff, not a simple video on the net... Guys are satisfied with youtube probably wouldn't buy the best DVD in the world!
I think guys here enjoyed Break the ice live cause it is an old song from an old gig and it has a good quality to be in 1992...
StratoFabio

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 pm

well, there are pros and cons with Youtube.
It can kinda ruin the artists because then, why people should buy a DVD when the thing is available online for free?
But let's face it, watching a video or gig through Youtube is like having a "snapshot" of what you could find on a DVD, because the quality (both sound and video) of material posted Youtube is, how to say that... complete crap. Youtube will NEVER replace the great quality of a DVD.
Let's say that Youtube is a great tool if, like i said, you want to see a snapshot of the DVD, see if the editing and filming is worth for you to buy the material.
Besides... when you see the shit quality of some "official" DVD (ex "Malmsteen Live"), people who buy that kind of DVDs are like fooled.

Youtube enables you to watch some bootleg material, such as extract from live shows. The quality is crap, mostly filmed with mobile phone or photo camera, some artists might think it doesn't represent the good quality of their gigs, but honestly, 10 years ago, the only way for fans to get that kind of rare material was to BUY bootlegs (= wasting lot of money which went directly into some mafia network - or through some thiefs on ebay... and at the end the artists get nothing). I prefer that the thing can be watched by everyone for free and there is no one who can make money from stolen material, at least not anymore.
Finallly, Youtube (just like Myspace) can be a REALLY great way for bands to promote their music, you can watch videoclips of an artist, enjoy the music and then buy the album.

The only pbm, is the people who never buy.
<b>This is wrong</b>

Demic

Post by Demic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 pm

Great video. amazing sound quality!
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without a meaning...

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:01 am

Oh, that's the version that I ripped from a VHS of mine. :)
Nice to see that it's spreading( The Future Shock).
I also have that gig with Break the Ice.....but it's longer. I think they played Fire Dance and Hills Have Eyes too......don't remember exactly.

kenny-deth

Post by kenny-deth » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:14 pm

Enjoy!

Tama on hyva :D Paljon kitoksia
!!!! STAY HEAVY !!!!

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:44 am

Loistavaa Excellent ;D Nice to see these old time videos, and about youtube discussion.. well it gives free commercials to bands.. if u compare this to 80's... where the hell u could show your band music/live/videos? heh

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 pm

A little note......the video is recorded before they released II as Twilight Time.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:14 am

I mentioned this on the Within Temptation forum the other day...I will never understand how watching a grainy, low-quality sounding video is even comparable to watching a clear pictured DVD in surround sound.

I would love to get another Strato DVD, but I've kinda given up on the idea, especially because YouTube has become such a medium for these things over the last couple of years. :(

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote: I would love to get another Strato DVD, but I've kinda given up on the idea, especially because YouTube has become such a medium for these things over the last couple of years. :(
The sound and video quality of YouTube will never be nearly as good as DVD.

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Well! Here's the full clip from the show (almost).
I had to remove some of the interview in the show.But they mention Twilight Time somewhere in it.....so I guess they were on their way to release it by then.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fgH6NY56rp4 Enjoy!